I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (7)
- Bikes Move Us 4,673 photos, 531 members
- The SIXTIES 2,568 photos, 104 members
- Can you see the cat? 192 photos, 38 members
- Sir Frederick Gibberd 954 photos, 57 members
- The Rarest Road Legal Vehicles in Britain 645 photos, 74 members
- Au goût d'Autrefois 9,640 photos, 252 members
- Wagon Wheels Only 1,172 photos, 349 members
- Small Cars (less than 1 liter OR 356 cm / < 61 ci or 140 ") 1,516 photos, 58 members
- Cerbère 1,834 photos, 44 members
- Sailor Chic 2,240 photos, 577 members
- Opel cars 22,089 photos, 1,283 members
- The Police 55,322 photos, 1,580 members
- Police Vehicles (All Nations...All Types) 60,810 photos, 1,100 members
- FlickrMe 56 photos, 25 members
- STRANGERS! 40,760 photos, 1,468 members
- Steam Locomotives 114,601 photos, 2,407 members
- Steam in the UK 81,646 photos, 1,468 members
- Quel est cet autre lieu? 398 photos, 90 members
- The Lake District UK 76,785 photos, 6,561 members
- Citroën Visa 474 photos, 52 members
- Perfect Picnics 749 photos, 260 members
- Citroën Berlingo / Peugeot Partner 600 photos, 34 members
- British Cars Photography 65,284 photos, 2,691 members
- Doors in the street 5,080 photos, 506 members
- Lidl 198 photos, 68 members
- Car Accidents 6,197 photos, 1,175 members
- Aircraft Recognition Silhouettes 555 photos, 17 members
- Casablanca Morocco 471 photos, 41 members
- morris minor enthusiasts 1,095 photos, 48 members
- haut conflent, pyrénées orientales, catalunya nord 4,452 photos, 79 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 6,071 photos, 159 members
- Only German Cars 105,856 photos, 2,924 members
- The Photographer Photographed (Must show CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHER) 11,762 photos, 1,502 members
- candid eye contact 6,713 photos, 1,034 members
- Shonky Old Camper Vans 879 photos, 51 members
- Edinburgh Photographers 94,807 photos, 2,179 members
- SAAB photography 3,789 photos, 265 members
- Camera stores & photo shows! 1,614 photos, 230 members
- Window seat please 105,889 photos, 25,621 members
- Dartmouth Devon 2,224 photos, 255 members
- Canon Powershot G15 19,677 photos, 1,235 members
- Grocer's Apostrophe 1,169 photos, 501 members
- Total Rugby 25,948 photos, 194 members
- Just Street Photography 1,629,785 photos, 51,670 members
- Street PhotoClub 31,747 photos, 1,782 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 198,063 photos, 7,965 members
- Totnes 1,824 photos, 134 members
- Grey Funnel Line 2,466 photos, 64 members
- Volvo Amazon 3,528 photos, 384 members
- Catalunya profunda 7,832 photos, 166 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
March 30th, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
November 5th, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
January 6th, 2007
- October 2005