I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (7)
- Sir Benfro 930 photos, 46 members
- Sailing in Scotland 1,415 photos, 175 members
- Cat Cats Catz!!! 110,682 photos, 8,794 members
- PeReCi French Classic Cars Club [cars over 20 years only] 11,658 photos, 159 members
- flickr cat 89,329 photos, 4,190 members
- Mediterranean Islands - Νησιά της Μεσογείου 46,804 photos, 1,855 members
- English grub and nowt else. 2,527 photos, 98 members
- Citroën with hydropneumatic suspension 1,193 photos, 40 members
- Citroën hydrauliques 796 photos, 15 members
- Citroën Xantia 530 photos, 93 members
- Citroën Stuff 6,200 photos, 251 members
- Youngtimers 74,459 photos, 1,442 members
- Boats, Yachts And Ships 53,371 photos, 1,727 members
- UK Ship Spotters 61,524 photos, 994 members
- Dredger / Schwimmbagger / Draga Flotante 864 photos, 93 members
- Advertising Sillyness from the Seventies 1,346 photos, 335 members
- IKEA In My Home 12,327 photos, 3,118 members
- Pembrokeshire 19,548 photos, 866 members
- Bikes Move Us 6,170 photos, 713 members
- The SIXTIES 4,390 photos, 140 members
- Can you see the cat? 263 photos, 38 members
- Sir Frederick Gibberd 1,054 photos, 64 members
- The Rarest Road Legal Vehicles in Britain 753 photos, 89 members
- Au goût d'Autrefois 22,441 photos, 435 members
- Wagon Wheels Only 1,372 photos, 363 members
- Small Cars (less than 1 liter OR 356 cm / < 61 ci or 140 ") 4,601 photos, 93 members
- Cerbère 2,521 photos, 54 members
- Sailor Chic 2,203 photos, 578 members
- Opel cars 27,783 photos, 1,434 members
- The Police 62,128 photos, 1,717 members
- Police Vehicles (All Nations...All Types) 87,927 photos, 1,230 members
- FlickrMe 56 photos, 24 members
- STRANGERS! 54,504 photos, 1,636 members
- Steam Locomotives 151,258 photos, 2,952 members
- Steam in the UK 110,699 photos, 1,928 members
- Quel est cet autre lieu? 397 photos, 87 members
- The Lake District UK 86,293 photos, 7,143 members
- Citroën Visa 1,066 photos, 73 members
- Perfect Picnics 782 photos, 264 members
- Citroën Berlingo / Peugeot Partner 737 photos, 48 members
- British Cars Photography 107,495 photos, 2,907 members
- Doors in the street 7,008 photos, 597 members
- Lidl 204 photos, 72 members
- Car Accidents 6,880 photos, 1,212 members
- Aircraft Recognition Silhouettes 664 photos, 19 members
- Casablanca Morocco 549 photos, 50 members
- morris minor enthusiasts 1,232 photos, 64 members
- haut conflent, pyrénées orientales, catalunya nord 5,613 photos, 85 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 9,373 photos, 204 members
- Only German Cars 157,241 photos, 3,359 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
March 30th, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
November 5th, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
January 6th, 2007
- October 2005