I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (7)
- Citroën with hydropneumatic suspension 841 photos, 34 members
- Citroën hydrauliques 365 photos, 12 members
- Citroën Xantia 482 photos, 86 members
- Citroën Stuff 4,157 photos, 226 members
- Youngtimers 60,125 photos, 1,398 members
- Boats, Yachts And Ships 25,276 photos, 1,446 members
- UK Ship Spotters 55,435 photos, 916 members
- Dredger / Schwimmbagger / Draga Flotante 865 photos, 86 members
- Advertising Sillyness from the Seventies 1,337 photos, 332 members
- IKEA In My Home 12,283 photos, 3,115 members
- Pembrokeshire 19,643 photos, 827 members
- Bikes Move Us 5,198 photos, 610 members
- The SIXTIES 3,306 photos, 121 members
- Can you see the cat? 202 photos, 38 members
- Sir Frederick Gibberd 1,021 photos, 60 members
- The Rarest Road Legal Vehicles in Britain 661 photos, 81 members
- Au goût d'Autrefois 14,560 photos, 319 members
- Wagon Wheels Only 1,203 photos, 355 members
- Small Cars (less than 1 liter OR 356 cm / < 61 ci or 140 ") 2,764 photos, 80 members
- Cerbère 2,220 photos, 49 members
- Sailor Chic 2,224 photos, 576 members
- Opel cars 24,542 photos, 1,359 members
- The Police 55,856 photos, 1,651 members
- Police Vehicles (All Nations...All Types) 68,875 photos, 1,166 members
- FlickrMe 56 photos, 24 members
- STRANGERS! 47,728 photos, 1,553 members
- Steam Locomotives 128,620 photos, 2,631 members
- Steam in the UK 92,955 photos, 1,653 members
- Quel est cet autre lieu? 398 photos, 89 members
- The Lake District UK 80,306 photos, 6,792 members
- Citroën Visa 754 photos, 63 members
- Perfect Picnics 759 photos, 261 members
- Citroën Berlingo / Peugeot Partner 696 photos, 42 members
- British Cars Photography 83,368 photos, 2,791 members
- Doors in the street 5,827 photos, 538 members
- Lidl 193 photos, 68 members
- Car Accidents 6,500 photos, 1,190 members
- Aircraft Recognition Silhouettes 617 photos, 17 members
- Casablanca Morocco 533 photos, 45 members
- morris minor enthusiasts 1,176 photos, 55 members
- haut conflent, pyrénées orientales, catalunya nord 4,978 photos, 84 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 7,601 photos, 171 members
- Only German Cars 129,747 photos, 3,157 members
- The Photographer Photographed (Must show CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHER) 13,005 photos, 1,614 members
- candid eye contact 10,034 photos, 1,274 members
- Shonky Old Camper Vans 1,196 photos, 63 members
- Edinburgh Photographers 100,235 photos, 2,332 members
- SAAB photography 4,038 photos, 278 members
- Camera stores & photo shows! 1,642 photos, 235 members
- Window seat please 107,173 photos, 27,751 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
March 30th, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
November 5th, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
January 6th, 2007
- October 2005