I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (7)
- PeReCi French Classic Cars Club [cars over 20 years only] 10,080 photos, 151 members
- flickr cat 87,760 photos, 4,145 members
- Mediterranean Islands - Νησιά της Μεσογείου 45,676 photos, 1,826 members
- English grub and nowt else. 2,473 photos, 95 members
- Citroën with hydropneumatic suspension 975 photos, 37 members
- Citroën hydrauliques 681 photos, 14 members
- Citroën Xantia 526 photos, 90 members
- Citroën Stuff 5,128 photos, 243 members
- Youngtimers 69,141 photos, 1,422 members
- Boats, Yachts And Ships 43,817 photos, 1,620 members
- UK Ship Spotters 59,653 photos, 982 members
- Dredger / Schwimmbagger / Draga Flotante 864 photos, 94 members
- Advertising Sillyness from the Seventies 1,346 photos, 333 members
- IKEA In My Home 12,336 photos, 3,123 members
- Pembrokeshire 19,161 photos, 854 members
- Bikes Move Us 5,698 photos, 685 members
- The SIXTIES 3,935 photos, 133 members
- Can you see the cat? 222 photos, 38 members
- Sir Frederick Gibberd 1,055 photos, 63 members
- The Rarest Road Legal Vehicles in Britain 722 photos, 87 members
- Au goût d'Autrefois 19,417 photos, 393 members
- Wagon Wheels Only 1,340 photos, 361 members
- Small Cars (less than 1 liter OR 356 cm / < 61 ci or 140 ") 3,607 photos, 90 members
- Cerbère 2,414 photos, 56 members
- Sailor Chic 2,211 photos, 576 members
- Opel cars 26,615 photos, 1,415 members
- The Police 60,224 photos, 1,694 members
- Police Vehicles (All Nations...All Types) 83,629 photos, 1,215 members
- FlickrMe 56 photos, 24 members
- STRANGERS! 54,798 photos, 1,618 members
- Steam Locomotives 142,905 photos, 2,840 members
- Steam in the UK 104,193 photos, 1,827 members
- Quel est cet autre lieu? 398 photos, 87 members
- The Lake District UK 83,489 photos, 6,997 members
- Citroën Visa 1,002 photos, 68 members
- Perfect Picnics 776 photos, 263 members
- Citroën Berlingo / Peugeot Partner 726 photos, 45 members
- British Cars Photography 98,961 photos, 2,867 members
- Doors in the street 6,688 photos, 591 members
- Lidl 202 photos, 70 members
- Car Accidents 6,807 photos, 1,210 members
- Aircraft Recognition Silhouettes 648 photos, 19 members
- Casablanca Morocco 541 photos, 47 members
- morris minor enthusiasts 1,216 photos, 61 members
- haut conflent, pyrénées orientales, catalunya nord 5,442 photos, 85 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 9,075 photos, 192 members
- Only German Cars 149,455 photos, 3,312 members
- The Photographer Photographed (Must show CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHER) 14,037 photos, 1,683 members
- candid eye contact 12,606 photos, 1,425 members
- Shonky Old Camper Vans 1,598 photos, 70 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
March 30th, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
November 5th, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
January 6th, 2007
- October 2005