I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (7)
- Sir Benfro 949 photos, 46 members
- Sailing in Scotland 1,412 photos, 173 members
- Cat Cats Catz!!! 112,340 photos, 8,882 members
- PeReCi French Classic Cars Club [cars over 20 years only] 11,950 photos, 160 members
- flickr cat 90,028 photos, 4,205 members
- Mediterranean Islands - Νησιά της Μεσογείου 47,184 photos, 1,865 members
- English grub and nowt else. 2,548 photos, 99 members
- Citroën with hydropneumatic suspension 1,279 photos, 41 members
- Citroën hydrauliques 905 photos, 17 members
- Citroën Xantia 539 photos, 94 members
- Citroën Stuff 6,545 photos, 256 members
- Youngtimers 76,506 photos, 1,439 members
- Boats, Yachts And Ships 56,549 photos, 1,758 members
- UK Ship Spotters 61,849 photos, 996 members
- Dredger / Schwimmbagger / Draga Flotante 864 photos, 94 members
- Advertising Sillyness from the Seventies 1,349 photos, 334 members
- IKEA In My Home 12,306 photos, 3,118 members
- Pembrokeshire 19,732 photos, 867 members
- Bikes Move Us 6,341 photos, 729 members
- The SIXTIES 4,534 photos, 144 members
- Can you see the cat? 268 photos, 38 members
- Sir Frederick Gibberd 1,056 photos, 64 members
- The Rarest Road Legal Vehicles in Britain 752 photos, 91 members
- Au goût d'Autrefois 23,556 photos, 449 members
- Wagon Wheels Only 1,383 photos, 367 members
- Small Cars (less than 1 liter OR 356 cm / < 61 ci or 140 ") 4,857 photos, 97 members
- Cerbère 2,511 photos, 54 members
- Sailor Chic 2,203 photos, 576 members
- Opel cars 28,295 photos, 1,436 members
- The Police 62,705 photos, 1,721 members
- Police Vehicles (All Nations...All Types) 89,092 photos, 1,234 members
- FlickrMe 61 photos, 24 members
- STRANGERS! 55,481 photos, 1,646 members
- Steam Locomotives 153,539 photos, 2,984 members
- Steam in the UK 112,479 photos, 1,949 members
- Quel est cet autre lieu? 397 photos, 87 members
- The Lake District UK 87,020 photos, 7,181 members
- Citroën Visa 1,075 photos, 73 members
- Perfect Picnics 783 photos, 264 members
- Citroën Berlingo / Peugeot Partner 742 photos, 49 members
- British Cars Photography 109,797 photos, 2,918 members
- Doors in the street 7,196 photos, 607 members
- Lidl 204 photos, 73 members
- Car Accidents 6,905 photos, 1,215 members
- Aircraft Recognition Silhouettes 669 photos, 19 members
- Casablanca Morocco 551 photos, 49 members
- morris minor enthusiasts 1,237 photos, 64 members
- haut conflent, pyrénées orientales, catalunya nord 5,626 photos, 85 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 9,488 photos, 206 members
- Only German Cars 160,992 photos, 3,366 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
March 30th, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
November 5th, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
January 6th, 2007
- October 2005