I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (7)
- Sir Benfro 884 photos, 46 members
- Sailing in Scotland 1,403 photos, 173 members
- Cat Cats Catz!!! 109,045 photos, 8,709 members
- PeReCi French Classic Cars Club [cars over 20 years only] 10,770 photos, 155 members
- flickr cat 88,585 photos, 4,163 members
- Mediterranean Islands - Νησιά της Μεσογείου 46,399 photos, 1,844 members
- English grub and nowt else. 2,526 photos, 98 members
- Citroën with hydropneumatic suspension 1,176 photos, 40 members
- Citroën hydrauliques 771 photos, 15 members
- Citroën Xantia 527 photos, 92 members
- Citroën Stuff 5,317 photos, 246 members
- Youngtimers 72,479 photos, 1,438 members
- Boats, Yachts And Ships 49,219 photos, 1,689 members
- UK Ship Spotters 60,643 photos, 986 members
- Dredger / Schwimmbagger / Draga Flotante 864 photos, 94 members
- Advertising Sillyness from the Seventies 1,346 photos, 333 members
- IKEA In My Home 12,327 photos, 3,118 members
- Pembrokeshire 19,331 photos, 862 members
- Bikes Move Us 5,962 photos, 700 members
- The SIXTIES 4,204 photos, 136 members
- Can you see the cat? 254 photos, 37 members
- Sir Frederick Gibberd 1,053 photos, 64 members
- The Rarest Road Legal Vehicles in Britain 741 photos, 88 members
- Au goût d'Autrefois 20,974 photos, 412 members
- Wagon Wheels Only 1,365 photos, 361 members
- Small Cars (less than 1 liter OR 356 cm / < 61 ci or 140 ") 4,393 photos, 92 members
- Cerbère 2,474 photos, 52 members
- Sailor Chic 2,205 photos, 576 members
- Opel cars 27,349 photos, 1,420 members
- The Police 61,293 photos, 1,705 members
- Police Vehicles (All Nations...All Types) 86,159 photos, 1,224 members
- FlickrMe 56 photos, 24 members
- STRANGERS! 56,995 photos, 1,633 members
- Steam Locomotives 148,066 photos, 2,917 members
- Steam in the UK 107,975 photos, 1,894 members
- Quel est cet autre lieu? 399 photos, 88 members
- The Lake District UK 84,773 photos, 7,072 members
- Citroën Visa 1,014 photos, 71 members
- Perfect Picnics 777 photos, 263 members
- Citroën Berlingo / Peugeot Partner 728 photos, 46 members
- British Cars Photography 103,978 photos, 2,896 members
- Doors in the street 6,887 photos, 594 members
- Lidl 204 photos, 72 members
- Car Accidents 6,813 photos, 1,211 members
- Aircraft Recognition Silhouettes 655 photos, 19 members
- Casablanca Morocco 542 photos, 49 members
- morris minor enthusiasts 1,225 photos, 64 members
- haut conflent, pyrénées orientales, catalunya nord 5,606 photos, 87 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 9,433 photos, 197 members
- Only German Cars 152,953 photos, 3,337 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
March 30th, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
November 5th, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
January 6th, 2007
- October 2005