I try to recapture the joy and simplicity of my childhood artwork.
I make paintings, posters, stickers, toys, dolls and designs.
that are full of colorful, cute, cheerful cartoon creatures, that inhabit a playful world of imaginary landscapes.
The nature of my artwork is not serious, but i take my work seriously.
I want to share my art with as many people as possible.
I hope my pictures make people smile or giggle.
- Bogotà sticker festival 490 photos, 195 members
- Photographs of Oakland Museum of California 803 photos, 104 members
- WE WANT THE OLD LAYOUT OF OUR PHOTO PAGE (P1 / A2) 7,106 photos, 1,575 members
- Melting Pot Melting Pop 1,742 photos, 962 members
- Sticker Planet 26,035 photos, 931 members
- FLUXO 28,633 photos, 1,126 members
- Bay Area Art 7,221 photos, 316 members
- *HAND MADE STICKERS* 2,631 photos, 153 members
- Sticker Addiction 5,706 photos, 343 members
- PEEL Street Art 1,324 photos, 478 members
- PEEL HERE 08 767 photos, 424 members
- tbc sticker art brasil! 159 photos, 90 members
- Concrete-Canvas.com 149,887 photos, 901 members
- Plushform! 77 photos, 60 members
- draw one thing every month 300 photos, 23 members
- Your Studio 184 photos, 113 members
- doodle world 16,718 photos, 928 members
- It's yours, take it! 2,649 photos, 1,130 members
- You Owe Me A Dollar ! 106 photos, 219 members
- Kidults 4,658 photos, 234 members
- Street Lab 76,146 photos, 1,553 members
- Stuck-Up 4,039 photos, 231 members
- urban ingredients 389 photos, 67 members
- DEAD CANZ!! 723 photos, 382 members
- colabs! 187 photos, 39 members
- Creature a day 12,391 photos, 1,455 members
- Black Book/Sketches 1,676 photos, 237 members
- Constructing Co-Existence: A Global Street Art Movement 149 photos, 2,264 members
- Gold Star Flickr Awards (Award 1 and Invite Your contacts.) 40,865 photos, 1,705 members
- public art heroes 8,406 photos, 270 members
- Beautiful Streetart 62,700 photos, 457 members
- stickerminions 15,258 photos, 740 members
- The World Record Postal Combo Project 3,243 photos, 1,243 members
- *GRAFFITI PROJECTS* 14,653 photos, 403 members
- Raw Art Visionary 59,537 photos, 2,268 members
- Republic of Stickers 26,612 photos, 867 members
- Creative Community 953 photos, 71 members
- The Post-It Note Art Posse (PINAP) 1,080 photos, 585 members
- the art process... building a painting 3,889 photos, 530 members
- Street Art - Shows, Galleries and Events (Call for Submissions) 25,178 photos, 1,248 members
- ***SELF MADE*** street art show 5,534 photos, 359 members
- ...FANTAsTICK... 4,119 photos, 284 members
- Small Hands, Big Ideas - Street Art Colouring Book 358 photos, 193 members
- >INSPIRE Collective 156,929 photos, 4,522 members
- Kids & Fun 49,648 photos, 3,485 members
- Dave! 187 photos, 50 members
- SF Mission street art and graff 2,656 photos, 133 members
- Sticker Robot (Sticker Design, Photos, Inspiration) 13,141 photos, 1,918 members
- The Artist Studio-Working in the Studio 6,134 photos, 1,224 members
- Character Doodles 11,115 photos, 842 members
conscious rabbits says:
"DAVe is one of the nicest fellows you'd ever want to meet, and his artwork and philosophy around making art are totally inspiring. He reminds me to have fun when I work. Sometimes I forget. The world is a better place with DAVe in it."
December 23rd, 2008
barrett sf says:
"dave has been a great mentor to me. i took part in his afterschool graffiti class. this guy is a bay area legend when it comes to sticker art in oakland. Dave has been rocking it for years and he is a great guy and brings a unique fun kid style to art."
December 16th, 2008
"Dave Warnke's Flickr makes definetely smile and giggle. Love your streetart and monsters, faces and funky worlds that you spread all over the city. Fresh smiles makes the S.A.T happy :D"
October 21st, 2008
"DAVe is my favorite artist. I have seen his stuff around for awhile, and he always makes me smile."
July 27th, 2008
Sticky Ricks' says:
July 7th, 2008
rhetorical scale says:
June 25th, 2008
Selene W says:
"I bought one of your character pieces years ago and the blue guy always makes me smile when I look at him. He's so happy all the time and he makes people laugh! Thanks for sharing your talent with the world."
June 19th, 2008
"Es increíble el trabajo de DAVe. A los niños les encanta sus personajes y el color. A mi me encanta el trazo tan sencillo como crea a sus personajes."
May 19th, 2008
"I love your work! Very inspiring!"
January 17th, 2008
"oh DAVE, you make me smile!"
November 27th, 2007
magical birds says:
"i get to know dave just a very short time only in flickr..hehehe..but i admired his work and comittment on it..hey i just can say..dave is DAVE.:D"
August 28th, 2007
"i love lookin' at dave's paintings just for the color alone. his stuff is packed with both color and tons of little characters and i'm always excited and inspired to see one of his large paintings. they inspire me to run off to my studio and get to work on my own paintings. good job dave! keep it up!!"
June 26th, 2007
"DAVe ist rad!"
June 12th, 2007
"DAVE is an incredible heartwarming artist!!! I have collected his street stickers and artwork when he first moved to SAN FRANCISCO. (Several years ago, I 'took' three HUGE DAVE's from under the freeway...it took over 5 hours to remove them...they were scheduled to be painted over the NEXT DAY!..they now hang safely & proudly in Paris!) It was great meeting DAVE in person and purchasing his artwork at various galleries. DAVE's art is some of my most treasured art works! Thank you DAVE!"
May 12th, 2007
"I heart DAVe Warnke!"
April 1st, 2007
hungry dog says:
"Dave is a very nice man that has inspired so many good up and coming artists he really rocks, and is a must see artist. I hope to one day either meet him in real life or see an art show of his. He truely helps give street art a fun and good name. Thank you for revolutionizing street art dave!
Christian GUAR Filardo"
March 2nd, 2007
"I love eye candy from Dave Warnkle!!!
& His work with street styles classes
have been an awesome inspiration!"
March 1st, 2007
THΣ KILLΣR GΣRBIL says:
"DAVe is one of few artists I knew that been keeping it real and still doing it from day 1 till this very day. Its amazing how one can keep his focus and motivation after all these years. I am proud of your achivements and glad to know you as a friend."
February 15th, 2007
"When i think of the bay area i think of DAVe. And when i think of DAVe i think of how i want to move to the bay area...just so i could see DAVe every day on every pole, sign and street.
Why? Cause DAVe is just that cool."
February 4th, 2007
"DAVe is a great artist. Everytime I see one of his stickers or paste ups I smile. Its a great feeling to see a DAVe sticker. Also I wanted to thank DAVe for the collab that we did awhile back. It might not have ment a lot to you, but that's what kept me going with streetart altogether. Thanks for the respect and the great art. Keep it up."
November 3rd, 2006
"All of your drawings remind me of the drawings i made when i was a kid. Theyre all so simple, but none are alike."
August 17th, 2006
manda the panda says:
"dave's illustrations are simple, but thats the beautiful thing about it. the splashes of colour makes my day!"
August 9th, 2006
Kelly D. Williams says:
"It's DAVe Warnke, no explanation is needed. Just eye drops and a properly calibrated monitor. Great art from a great individual."
August 9th, 2006
"*hell yes, it's a DAVe!"
August 8th, 2006
illustration Coo says:
"DAVe, I find your work really inspiring - it's simple, fun, and bright. Your style is really funky and I want to run to my drawing board and doodle each time I pop by your flickr. I love your colours and your fun style!"
August 5th, 2006
knotty bicycle says:
"DAVe Warnke makes street art fun. He just wants people to smile, and thats what he does."
May 2nd, 2006
"DAV knows fun, he knows color, and he knows how to make everyone smile with his simple creatures. DAV is a wonderful guy, even if he has silly looking teeth. He might be kind of quiet, but his art is LOUD and beautiful."
April 1st, 2006
ambiguous sweater says:
"i've been a big fan
for a long time.
LOVE your work!"
March 28th, 2006
BECKA LEE says:
"DAVE IS MY WELLBUTRIN REPLACEMENT. IF I USE ONE OF HIS PICS AS A SCREEN SAVER, IT'S LIKE A SPOONFULL OF SUGAR IN MY MOUTH.AND THEY'RE MONSTERS? WHO DOESN'T LIKE MONSTERS?"
March 27th, 2006
- DAVe Warnke
- February 2005
- Oakland, California, usa
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- artist/art teacher