Copyright © all images cannot be used without permission.
Most photographs are available for license.
Freelance Photographer, American
Documentary and street photography for almost five decades, public eye, witness, critic, native of San Francisco's Western Addition. Richmond district resident, retired.
Studied photo-journalism and photography at City College of San Francisco, a blue-collar photography program, from 1969-70. Have always admired the photographs of Robert Frank, Henry Wessel, Danny Lyon, Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, and Cartier-Bresson. California history and geology buff.
More photos can be seen on Instagram: www.instagram.com/daveglass.foto/
My current cameras list:
Rolleicord V TLR
Fuji gs645s medium format rangefinder
Pentax H1a 35mm SLR c1962 vintage
plus various small digicams
Black and white film images are scanned from the original negatives.
photo by Simone Bradley
Photos of Dave Glass, Photographer (9)
- Residential typologies: world wide 4,302 photos, 113 members
- American Typologies 39,025 photos, 781 members
- SoCal 97,996 photos, 1,810 members
- Vintage Suburbia 325 photos, 65 members
- ROWHOUSE 4,609 photos, 321 members
- Women Solidarity 118 photos, 35 members
- City of Angels (Los Angeles, CA, USA) 8,563 photos, 117 members
- dalneroalbianco 4,807 photos, 90 members
- The Candid Frame 106,870 photos, 3,002 members
- International Street Photography 26,562 photos, 702 members
- SFist 88,284 photos, 1,563 members
- iPhone Street Photography 31,140 photos, 1,663 members
- San Francisco Municipal Railway (MUNI) 2,546 photos, 119 members
- Nor Cal Photographers 6,608 photos, 175 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 81,155 photos, 7,883 members
- Paris 60's et 70's 1,051 photos, 71 members
- Curbed SF 42,565 photos, 823 members
- Sonoma County, California 23,487 photos, 1,087 members
- Streets of San Francisco 32,355 photos, 1,265 members
- Trams et Métros du Monde (pas de Trolleybus) 108,488 photos, 1,020 members
- The world is a street 772 photos, 1,419 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 74,359 photos, 3,940 members
- in explore 817,782 photos, 71,105 members
- Western Neighborhoods Project 279 photos, 75 members
- Energy Extraction 271 photos, 65 members
- San Francisco Street Photographers 7,759 photos, 512 members
- Film in Chinatown 1,028 photos, 82 members
- Jazz 66,823 photos, 2,687 members
- JaZZ & Blues 15,928 photos, 721 members
- Parkology 6,284 photos, 248 members
- Sacramento River Delta 1,395 photos, 99 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 11,595 photos, 6,825 members
- San Francisco Locals Street Photography 10,814 photos, 709 members
- San Francisco Chinatown 4,200 photos, 813 members
- San Francisco's Richmond District 1,827 photos, 232 members
- New York City Emulsions 17,765 photos, 601 members
- Street Portraitist 128,954 photos, 4,272 members
- Wrigley Field 1,146 photos, 135 members
- Southern Culture 23,909 photos, 775 members
- Analogue Photos of Vintage Cars 24,336 photos, 985 members
- San Francisco Giants 6,210 photos, 330 members
- Hong Kong Trams 1,300 photos, 144 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,837 photos, 277 members
- MUNI & BART 13,094 photos, 949 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 64,912 photos, 5,717 members
- Picturing Place: Northeast San Francisco 2,112 photos, 207 members
- City Biker 8,141 photos, 498 members
- cinestreet 12 photos, 87 members
- suburbanality - little boxes on the hillside 15,319 photos, 1,330 members
- American West in Black and White 13,037 photos, 401 members
"I have been hooked on Dizzy's work ever since I found it on flickr many months ago. I can't think of anyone who's work I admire more. His images are worth spending a lot of time on... it's an effort you will find very rewarding."
November 2nd, 2008
nic hansen says:
"Excellent b/w street photographer, give him his due, I like his pictures!"
July 17th, 2008
"Dizzy's images are TIMELESS. A photograph taken in 1970 and one taken last week can stand equal in its dimension and beauty. He knows how to use the power of black and white. Whether or not one was shot using Tri-X or one done in digital, they never cease to amaze me. These images make me want to continue to grow with my own body of work."
May 12th, 2008
"Dizzy taught me black & white back so far the Haight was still interesting. He's taken some of the best black & white photos I've ever seen. He's as good with landscapes taken from a motorcycle as he is standing on the street in SF. He should be San Francisco's visual biographer for the last four decades. To me he is."
February 5th, 2008
Andrew Kavanagh says:
"Love the street scenes and candid images. They take you 'there'."
March 13th, 2007
william c hutton jr says:
"The variety and quality of Dizzy's images is amazing. Each one is special. Thank you Dizzy for sharing your work."
March 10th, 2006
- Dave Glass
- January 2006
- San Francisco USA
- San Francisco, USA
- I am: