Korean War press corps© photo by Werner Bischof / Magnum Photos
Copyright © all images cannot be used without permission.
Most photographs are available for license.
Freelance Photographer, American
Documentary and street photography for almost five decades, public eye, witness, critic, native of San Francisco's Western Addition. Richmond district resident, retired.
Studied photo-journalism and photography at City College of San Francisco, a blue-collar photography program, from 1969-70. Have always admired the photographs of Robert Frank, Henry Wessel, Danny Lyon, Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, and Cartier-Bresson. California history and geology buff.
My current cameras list:
Rolleicord V TLR
Fuji gs645s medium format rangefinder
Pentax H1a 35mm SLR c1962 vintage
plus various small digicams
Most black and white film images are scanned from the original negatives.
photo by Simone Bradley
Photos of Dave Glass, Photographer (9)
- American Typologies 37,956 photos, 760 members
- SoCal 100,596 photos, 1,790 members
- Vintage Suburbia 322 photos, 60 members
- ROWHOUSE 4,574 photos, 318 members
- Women Solidarity 111 photos, 34 members
- City of Angels (Los Angeles, CA, USA) 14,508 photos, 114 members
- dalneroalbianco 3,469 photos, 78 members
- The Candid Frame 99,559 photos, 2,858 members
- International Street Photography 23,440 photos, 647 members
- SFist 86,575 photos, 1,565 members
- iPhone Street Photography 30,262 photos, 1,628 members
- San Francisco Municipal Railway (MUNI) 2,277 photos, 117 members
- Nor Cal Photographers 6,412 photos, 175 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 80,218 photos, 7,758 members
- Paris 60's et 70's 987 photos, 66 members
- Curbed SF 42,139 photos, 822 members
- Sonoma County, California 23,208 photos, 1,084 members
- Streets of San Francisco 30,915 photos, 1,252 members
- Trams et Métros du Monde (pas de Trolleybus) 104,383 photos, 992 members
- The world is a street 773 photos, 1,386 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 69,598 photos, 3,752 members
- in explore 771,092 photos, 68,037 members
- Western Neighborhoods Project 279 photos, 76 members
- Energy Extraction 251 photos, 60 members
- San Francisco Street Photographers 7,605 photos, 504 members
- Film in Chinatown 991 photos, 79 members
- Jazz 65,189 photos, 2,671 members
- JaZZ & Blues 15,209 photos, 697 members
- Parkology 6,230 photos, 246 members
- Sacramento River Delta 1,381 photos, 98 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 11,720 photos, 6,738 members
- San Francisco Locals Street Photography 10,598 photos, 698 members
- San Francisco Chinatown 4,088 photos, 813 members
- San Francisco's Richmond District 1,834 photos, 234 members
- New York City Emulsions 17,475 photos, 598 members
- Street Portraitist 123,241 photos, 4,189 members
- Wrigley Field 1,139 photos, 133 members
- Southern Culture 23,183 photos, 775 members
- Analogue Photos of Vintage Cars 23,632 photos, 955 members
- San Francisco Giants 6,176 photos, 331 members
- Hong Kong Trams 1,202 photos, 141 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,675 photos, 277 members
- MUNI & BART 12,806 photos, 951 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 63,005 photos, 5,632 members
- Picturing Place: Northeast San Francisco 2,005 photos, 210 members
- City Biker 8,069 photos, 496 members
- cinestreet 12 photos, 86 members
- suburbanality - little boxes on the hillside 15,313 photos, 1,326 members
- American West in Black and White 12,754 photos, 400 members
- Bernalwood 3,093 photos, 329 members
"I have been hooked on Dizzy's work ever since I found it on flickr many months ago. I can't think of anyone who's work I admire more. His images are worth spending a lot of time on... it's an effort you will find very rewarding."
November 2nd, 2008
nic hansen says:
"Excellent b/w street photographer, give him his due, I like his pictures!"
July 17th, 2008
"Dizzy's images are TIMELESS. A photograph taken in 1970 and one taken last week can stand equal in its dimension and beauty. He knows how to use the power of black and white. Whether or not one was shot using Tri-X or one done in digital, they never cease to amaze me. These images make me want to continue to grow with my own body of work."
May 12th, 2008
"Dizzy taught me black & white back so far the Haight was still interesting. He's taken some of the best black & white photos I've ever seen. He's as good with landscapes taken from a motorcycle as he is standing on the street in SF. He should be San Francisco's visual biographer for the last four decades. To me he is."
February 5th, 2008
Andrew Kavanagh says:
"Love the street scenes and candid images. They take you 'there'."
March 13th, 2007
william c hutton jr says:
"The variety and quality of Dizzy's images is amazing. Each one is special. Thank you Dizzy for sharing your work."
March 10th, 2006
- Dave Glass
- January 2006
- San Francisco USA
- San Francisco, USA
- I am: