Korean War press corps© photo by Werner Bischof / Magnum Photos
Copyright © all images cannot be used without permission.
Most photographs are available for license.
Freelance Photographer, American
A San Francisco native, Richmond district resident.
Studied photo-journalism and photography at City College of San Francisco, a blue-collar photography program, from 1969-70. Working freelance periodically doing some documentary works. Have always admired the photographs of Robert Frank, Henry Wessel, Danny Lyon, Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, and Cartier-Bresson. California history and geology buff.
My current cameras list:
Rolleicord V TLR
Fuji gs645s medium format rangefinder
Pentax H1a 35mm SLR c1962 vintage
plus various small digicams
Most black and white film images are scanned from the original negatives.
photo by Simone Bradley
Photos of Dizzy Atmosphere (9)
- International Street Photography 15,939 photos, 502 members
- SFist 83,472 photos, 1,555 members
- iPhone Street Photography 27,913 photos, 1,520 members
- San Francisco Municipal Railway (MUNI) 2,259 photos, 111 members
- Nor Cal Photographers 6,373 photos, 176 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 77,690 photos, 7,425 members
- Paris 60's et 70's 824 photos, 57 members
- Curbed SF 41,508 photos, 818 members
- Sonoma County, California 22,524 photos, 1,066 members
- Streets of San Francisco 28,376 photos, 1,209 members
- Trams et Métros dans le Monde 93,082 photos, 915 members
- The world is a street 727 photos, 1,268 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 57,847 photos, 3,147 members
- in explore 633,146 photos, 57,129 members
- Western Neighborhoods Project 276 photos, 72 members
- Energy Extraction 220 photos, 55 members
- San Francisco Street Photographers 7,225 photos, 466 members
- Film in Chinatown 901 photos, 74 members
- Jazz 60,935 photos, 2,600 members
- JaZZ & Blues 13,414 photos, 657 members
- Parkology 6,173 photos, 235 members
- Sacramento River Delta 1,296 photos, 92 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 11,689 photos, 6,337 members
- San Francisco Locals Street Photography 10,145 photos, 638 members
- San Francisco Chinatown 3,674 photos, 804 members
- San Francisco's Richmond District 1,838 photos, 236 members
- New York City Emulsions 16,720 photos, 593 members
- Street Portraitist 108,269 photos, 4,005 members
- Wrigley Field 1,097 photos, 123 members
- Southern Culture 21,398 photos, 760 members
- Analogue Photos of Vintage Cars 22,023 photos, 876 members
- San Francisco Giants 5,908 photos, 321 members
- Hong Kong Trams 985 photos, 134 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,629 photos, 276 members
- MUNI & BART 12,546 photos, 948 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 57,961 photos, 5,372 members
- Picturing Place: Northeast San Francisco 1,704 photos, 207 members
- City Biker 7,718 photos, 491 members
- cinestreet 13 photos, 83 members
- suburbanality - little boxes on the hillside 15,135 photos, 1,320 members
- American West in Black and White 11,897 photos, 377 members
- Bernalwood 3,021 photos, 327 members
- The Old City of Jerusalem 1,495 photos, 142 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 601,848 photos, 41,519 members
- Middle East Capitals: Jerusalem, Amman, Damascus etc 3,904 photos, 554 members
- Blues Photography Today 11,621 photos, 478 members
- Nothin' But The Blues... 5,126 photos, 402 members
- Indoor 'Street' Shooting 2,777 photos, 532 members
- Brassaï 5,650 photos, 561 members
- Hollyweird 761 photos, 77 members
"I have been hooked on Dizzy's work ever since I found it on flickr many months ago. I can't think of anyone who's work I admire more. His images are worth spending a lot of time on... it's an effort you will find very rewarding."
November 2nd, 2008
nic hansen says:
"Excellent b/w street photographer, give him his due, I like his pictures!"
July 17th, 2008
"Dizzy's images are TIMELESS. A photograph taken in 1970 and one taken last week can stand equal in its dimension and beauty. He knows how to use the power of black and white. Whether or not one was shot using Tri-X or one done in digital, they never cease to amaze me. These images make me want to continue to grow with my own body of work."
May 12th, 2008
"Dizzy taught me black & white back so far the Haight was still interesting. He's taken some of the best black & white photos I've ever seen. He's as good with landscapes taken from a motorcycle as he is standing on the street in SF. He should be San Francisco's visual biographer for the last four decades. To me he is."
February 5th, 2008
Andrew Kavanagh says:
"Love the street scenes and candid images. They take you 'there'."
March 13th, 2007
william c hutton jr says:
"The variety and quality of Dizzy's images is amazing. Each one is special. Thank you Dizzy for sharing your work."
March 10th, 2006
- Dave Glass
- January 2006
- San Francisco USA
- San Francisco, USA
- I am: