Korean War press corps© photo by Werner Bischof / Magnum Photos
Copyright © all images cannot be used without permission.
Most photographs are available for license.
Freelance Photographer, American
A San Francisco native, Richmond district resident. Now retired.
Studied photo-journalism and photography at City College of San Francisco, a blue-collar photography program, from 1969-70. Working freelance periodically doing some documentary works. Have always admired the photographs of Robert Frank, Henry Wessel, Danny Lyon, Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, and Cartier-Bresson. California history and geology buff.
My current cameras list:
Rolleicord V TLR
Fuji gs645s medium format rangefinder
Pentax H1a 35mm SLR c1962 vintage
plus various small digicams
Most black and white film images are scanned from the original negatives.
photo by Simone Bradley
Photos of Dave Glass, Photographer (9)
- dalneroalbianco 2,616 photos, 71 members
- The Candid Frame 92,030 photos, 2,755 members
- International Street Photography 22,004 photos, 616 members
- SFist 85,193 photos, 1,562 members
- iPhone Street Photography 29,429 photos, 1,589 members
- San Francisco Municipal Railway (MUNI) 2,272 photos, 116 members
- Nor Cal Photographers 6,204 photos, 175 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 79,340 photos, 7,660 members
- Paris 60's et 70's 919 photos, 65 members
- Curbed SF 41,815 photos, 821 members
- Sonoma County, California 22,863 photos, 1,082 members
- Streets of San Francisco 30,048 photos, 1,250 members
- Trams et Métros du Monde (pas de Trolleybus) 100,987 photos, 975 members
- The world is a street 758 photos, 1,343 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 64,591 photos, 3,535 members
- in explore 735,267 photos, 65,213 members
- Western Neighborhoods Project 277 photos, 75 members
- Energy Extraction 251 photos, 58 members
- San Francisco Street Photographers 7,466 photos, 490 members
- Film in Chinatown 966 photos, 79 members
- Jazz 64,031 photos, 2,657 members
- JaZZ & Blues 14,572 photos, 685 members
- Parkology 6,158 photos, 247 members
- Sacramento River Delta 1,373 photos, 98 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 11,594 photos, 6,637 members
- San Francisco Locals Street Photography 10,549 photos, 685 members
- San Francisco Chinatown 3,920 photos, 814 members
- San Francisco's Richmond District 1,840 photos, 234 members
- New York City Emulsions 17,351 photos, 601 members
- Street Portraitist 119,048 photos, 4,133 members
- Wrigley Field 1,139 photos, 132 members
- Southern Culture 22,531 photos, 770 members
- Analogue Photos of Vintage Cars 23,488 photos, 937 members
- San Francisco Giants 6,170 photos, 330 members
- Hong Kong Trams 1,163 photos, 140 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,660 photos, 276 members
- MUNI & BART 12,791 photos, 952 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 61,561 photos, 5,550 members
- Picturing Place: Northeast San Francisco 1,925 photos, 210 members
- City Biker 8,020 photos, 496 members
- cinestreet 12 photos, 86 members
- suburbanality - little boxes on the hillside 15,253 photos, 1,324 members
- American West in Black and White 12,547 photos, 395 members
- Bernalwood 3,079 photos, 328 members
- The Old City of Jerusalem 1,573 photos, 153 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 613,704 photos, 42,886 members
- Middle East Capitals: Jerusalem, Amman, Damascus etc 3,922 photos, 566 members
- Blues Photography Today 12,925 photos, 492 members
- Nothin' But The Blues... 5,380 photos, 411 members
- Indoor 'Street' Shooting 2,808 photos, 565 members
"I have been hooked on Dizzy's work ever since I found it on flickr many months ago. I can't think of anyone who's work I admire more. His images are worth spending a lot of time on... it's an effort you will find very rewarding."
November 2nd, 2008
nic hansen says:
"Excellent b/w street photographer, give him his due, I like his pictures!"
July 17th, 2008
"Dizzy's images are TIMELESS. A photograph taken in 1970 and one taken last week can stand equal in its dimension and beauty. He knows how to use the power of black and white. Whether or not one was shot using Tri-X or one done in digital, they never cease to amaze me. These images make me want to continue to grow with my own body of work."
May 12th, 2008
"Dizzy taught me black & white back so far the Haight was still interesting. He's taken some of the best black & white photos I've ever seen. He's as good with landscapes taken from a motorcycle as he is standing on the street in SF. He should be San Francisco's visual biographer for the last four decades. To me he is."
February 5th, 2008
Andrew Kavanagh says:
"Love the street scenes and candid images. They take you 'there'."
March 13th, 2007
william c hutton jr says:
"The variety and quality of Dizzy's images is amazing. Each one is special. Thank you Dizzy for sharing your work."
March 10th, 2006
- Dave Glass
- January 2006
- San Francisco USA
- San Francisco, USA
- I am: