Korean War press corps© photo by Werner Bischof / Magnum Photos
Copyright © all images cannot be used without permission.
Most photographs are available for license.
Freelance Photographer, American
A San Francisco native, Richmond district resident.
Studied photo-journalism and photography at City College of San Francisco, a blue-collar photography program, from 1969-70. Working freelance periodically doing some documentary works. Have always admired the photographs of Robert Frank, Henry Wessel, Danny Lyon, Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, and Cartier-Bresson. California history and geology buff.
My current cameras list:
Rolleicord V TLR
Fuji gs645s medium format rangefinder
Pentax H1a 35mm SLR c1962 vintage
plus various small digicams
Most black and white film images are scanned from the original negatives.
photo by Simone Bradley
Photos of Dizzy Atmosphere (9)
- Olympus XA Users Collective 76,069 photos, 7,188 members
- Paris 60's et 70's 770 photos, 50 members
- san francisco, ca 849 photos, 128 members
- Curbed SF 40,660 photos, 819 members
- Sonoma County, California 22,262 photos, 1,043 members
- Streets of San Francisco 26,935 photos, 1,160 members
- NIKON - CANON - SONY 12,818 photos, 966 members
- Trams et Métros dans le Monde 85,947 photos, 857 members
- Daily Life in San Francisco 402 photos, 21 members
- The world is a street 689 photos, 1,183 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 53,326 photos, 2,879 members
- in explore 535,470 photos, 49,478 members
- Western Neighborhoods Project 268 photos, 70 members
- Energy Extraction 213 photos, 52 members
- San Francisco Street Photographers 7,740 photos, 436 members
- Film in Chinatown 858 photos, 70 members
- Cadillac Ranch Dressing 3,534 photos, 249 members
- Jazz 58,788 photos, 2,525 members
- JaZZ & Blues 12,424 photos, 621 members
- Parkology 5,944 photos, 227 members
- Sacramento River Delta 1,216 photos, 87 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 11,797 photos, 6,032 members
- San Francisco Photo Guild 38,955 photos, 2,896 members
- San Francisco Locals Photography 9,660 photos, 596 members
- San Francisco Chinatown 3,655 photos, 803 members
- San Francisco's Richmond District 1,824 photos, 237 members
- New York City Emulsions 16,480 photos, 583 members
- Street Portraitist 96,321 photos, 3,804 members
- Chicago Cubs 7,239 photos, 867 members
- Wrigley Field 1,048 photos, 120 members
- Southern Culture 20,028 photos, 736 members
- Analogue Photos of Vintage Cars 20,512 photos, 826 members
- Anything San Francisco Giants 6,257 photos, 357 members
- San Francisco Giants 5,854 photos, 316 members
- Hong Kong Trams 835 photos, 122 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,541 photos, 273 members
- MUNI & BART 12,085 photos, 942 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 53,660 photos, 5,214 members
- Picturing Place: Northeast San Francisco 1,510 photos, 202 members
- City Biker 7,464 photos, 486 members
- cinestreet 11 photos, 84 members
- Stardust Motel 148 photos, 87 members
- suburbanality - The snowman melted. 14,944 photos, 1,299 members
- American West in Black and White 11,304 photos, 363 members
- Vespaaah!! 22,312 photos, 1,827 members
- Natural Light Portraits 17,963 photos, 900 members
- Bernalwood 2,958 photos, 324 members
- 2011 San Francisco 4,065 photos, 73 members
- Golden State Warriors 396 photos, 84 members
- The Old City of Jerusalem 1,347 photos, 133 members
"I have been hooked on Dizzy's work ever since I found it on flickr many months ago. I can't think of anyone who's work I admire more. His images are worth spending a lot of time on... it's an effort you will find very rewarding."
November 2nd, 2008
nic hansen says:
"Excellent b/w street photographer, give him his due, I like his pictures!"
July 17th, 2008
"Dizzy's images are TIMELESS. A photograph taken in 1970 and one taken last week can stand equal in its dimension and beauty. He knows how to use the power of black and white. Whether or not one was shot using Tri-X or one done in digital, they never cease to amaze me. These images make me want to continue to grow with my own body of work."
May 12th, 2008
"Dizzy taught me black & white back so far the Haight was still interesting. He's taken some of the best black & white photos I've ever seen. He's as good with landscapes taken from a motorcycle as he is standing on the street in SF. He should be San Francisco's visual biographer for the last four decades. To me he is."
February 5th, 2008
Andrew Kavanagh says:
"Love the street scenes and candid images. They take you 'there'."
March 13th, 2007
william c hutton jr says:
"The variety and quality of Dizzy's images is amazing. Each one is special. Thank you Dizzy for sharing your work."
March 10th, 2006
- Dave Glass
- January 2006
- San Francisco USA
- San Francisco, USA
- I am: