Korean War press corps© photo by Werner Bischof / Magnum Photos
Copyright © all images cannot be used without permission.
Most photographs are available for license.
Freelance Photographer, American
A San Francisco native, Richmond district resident.
Studied photo-journalism and photography at City College of San Francisco, a blue-collar photography program, from 1969-70. Working freelance periodically doing some documentary works. Have always admired the photographs of Robert Frank, Henry Wessel, Danny Lyon, Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, and Cartier-Bresson. California history and geology buff.
My current cameras list:
Rolleicord V TLR
Fuji gs645s medium format rangefinder
Pentax H1a 35mm SLR c1962 vintage
plus various small digicams
Most black and white film images are scanned from the original negatives.
photo by Simone Bradley
Photos of Dizzy Atmosphere (9)
- The Candid Frame 80,714 photos, 2,458 members
- International Street Photography 16,915 photos, 520 members
- SFist 83,542 photos, 1,556 members
- iPhone Street Photography 28,058 photos, 1,537 members
- San Francisco Municipal Railway (MUNI) 2,265 photos, 112 members
- Nor Cal Photographers 6,171 photos, 175 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 78,006 photos, 7,473 members
- Paris 60's et 70's 840 photos, 58 members
- Curbed SF 41,350 photos, 820 members
- Sonoma County, California 22,451 photos, 1,070 members
- Streets of San Francisco 28,702 photos, 1,214 members
- Trams et Métros dans le Monde 94,512 photos, 919 members
- The world is a street 731 photos, 1,277 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 58,834 photos, 3,205 members
- in explore 651,346 photos, 58,496 members
- Western Neighborhoods Project 276 photos, 73 members
- Energy Extraction 231 photos, 56 members
- San Francisco Street Photographers 7,248 photos, 468 members
- Film in Chinatown 918 photos, 74 members
- Jazz 61,484 photos, 2,613 members
- JaZZ & Blues 13,628 photos, 660 members
- Parkology 6,173 photos, 240 members
- Sacramento River Delta 1,320 photos, 93 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 11,668 photos, 6,387 members
- San Francisco Locals Street Photography 10,234 photos, 648 members
- San Francisco Chinatown 3,718 photos, 806 members
- San Francisco's Richmond District 1,840 photos, 237 members
- New York City Emulsions 16,819 photos, 597 members
- Street Portraitist 110,097 photos, 4,023 members
- Wrigley Field 1,100 photos, 125 members
- Southern Culture 21,605 photos, 760 members
- Analogue Photos of Vintage Cars 22,337 photos, 883 members
- San Francisco Giants 5,962 photos, 326 members
- Hong Kong Trams 1,004 photos, 134 members
- Muni Diaries Photos 4,633 photos, 276 members
- MUNI & BART 12,578 photos, 949 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 58,411 photos, 5,404 members
- Picturing Place: Northeast San Francisco 1,743 photos, 208 members
- City Biker 7,778 photos, 490 members
- cinestreet 12 photos, 83 members
- suburbanality - little boxes on the hillside 15,165 photos, 1,320 members
- American West in Black and White 12,017 photos, 380 members
- Bernalwood 3,030 photos, 327 members
- The Old City of Jerusalem 1,492 photos, 144 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 603,535 photos, 41,706 members
- Middle East Capitals: Jerusalem, Amman, Damascus etc 3,905 photos, 556 members
- Blues Photography Today 11,702 photos, 478 members
- Nothin' But The Blues... 5,163 photos, 403 members
- Indoor 'Street' Shooting 2,778 photos, 539 members
- Brassaï 5,677 photos, 561 members
"I have been hooked on Dizzy's work ever since I found it on flickr many months ago. I can't think of anyone who's work I admire more. His images are worth spending a lot of time on... it's an effort you will find very rewarding."
November 2nd, 2008
nic hansen says:
"Excellent b/w street photographer, give him his due, I like his pictures!"
July 17th, 2008
"Dizzy's images are TIMELESS. A photograph taken in 1970 and one taken last week can stand equal in its dimension and beauty. He knows how to use the power of black and white. Whether or not one was shot using Tri-X or one done in digital, they never cease to amaze me. These images make me want to continue to grow with my own body of work."
May 12th, 2008
"Dizzy taught me black & white back so far the Haight was still interesting. He's taken some of the best black & white photos I've ever seen. He's as good with landscapes taken from a motorcycle as he is standing on the street in SF. He should be San Francisco's visual biographer for the last four decades. To me he is."
February 5th, 2008
Andrew Kavanagh says:
"Love the street scenes and candid images. They take you 'there'."
March 13th, 2007
william c hutton jr says:
"The variety and quality of Dizzy's images is amazing. Each one is special. Thank you Dizzy for sharing your work."
March 10th, 2006
- Dave Glass
- January 2006
- San Francisco USA
- San Francisco, USA
- I am: