Total Escape is DanaMite's California creation. The independent travel source for the golden state and all the glorious back roads. 2016 marks my site w/ 20 years online!
Camping & outdoors are my passion. So much so, that I gave up my 3D animation career 2 decades ago to create my own web site on California, exploring the back roads. My lil Nikon Coolpix 950 camera kept me working hard for almost 12 years; Summer 2011 update After unsuccessfully searching for more CF memory while traveling 'on the road', I just gave up on the old skool and bought a new NIKON Coolpix L120 in Susanville (of all places).
The last 2 decades I have been traveling, camping, hiking, off-roading & compiling a visual & informational database featuring mostly rural California. Vacation spots & weekend adventures. Best parks, small towns, lakes, forests, rivers, trails.... a hell-of-a-lotta dirt roads, plus some 4x4 routes. Photos of real places & real content about real California. Yes, you can drive on past the factory outlet malls and casinos.
Next weekend make it all outside!
totalescape.com/gear - California Gear
totalescape.blogspot.com - Well Off the Beaten Path
Thanks to all who have contributed! Many of my flickr contacts listed below have graciously allowed me to post their unique California photos on my awesome travel site, Total Escape. When cruising all the small towns A-Z, you will notice these.
If you have an awesome shot of California and would like to have it featured online with Total Escape - just lemme know via flickr mail.
Photos of totalescape.com (1)
- The Post Ignorance Project 38 photos, 7 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 4,010 photos, 365 members
- Los Padres NF Trail Signs 222 photos, 16 members
- Arnold Rim Trail 285 photos, 13 members
- KINGSBURG CALIFORNIA 653 photos, 10 members
- Nikon Coolpix L120 2,932 photos, 158 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 32 photos, 17 members
- Right2Know About GMOs 615 photos, 67 members
- World Food Day, Rally for the Right to Know 92 photos, 3 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,807 photos, 653 members
- 4x4 Adventures 7,847 photos, 443 members
- Best of Yosemite 3,357 photos, 563 members
- my wilderness weekend 26 photos, 24 members
- Lakes of the Inland Empire 860 photos, 62 members
- Yosemite Falls 852 photos, 208 members
- Curioso en definitiva 52 photos, 45 members
- Davenport, California 1,116 photos, 187 members
- Bishop Ca 1,250 photos, 124 members
- Kern County Photographers 15,752 photos, 224 members
- Let's Be More Nature! 1,762 photos, 57 members
- San Luis Obispo County Wildflowers 683 photos, 63 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,764 photos, 8,039 members
- I Love Camping and Hiking! 2,986 photos, 272 members
- Kern County Photographers Wildflower and Nature Chapter 1,260 photos, 41 members
- Earth From the Air 11,739 photos, 1,160 members
- Randsburg: The Living Ghost Town 92 photos, 29 members
- San Francisco 277,165 photos, 15,665 members
- Santa Cruz Mountains 3,119 photos, 213 members
- Nevada 27,367 photos, 940 members
- cafe 39,388 photos, 5,798 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,271 photos, 959 members
- Kern County, CA USA 4,110 photos, 171 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,777 photos, 191 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 408,048 photos, 105,325 members
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color 2,890 photos, 250 members
- Hotels 70,312 photos, 5,935 members
- California Sierra Mountain Shots 2,875 photos, 308 members
- Autumn in California 383 photos, 32 members
- Camping around the world 6,464 photos, 689 members
- Kings Canyon National Park 811 photos, 139 members
- Northern California Photography 192,656 photos, 5,311 members
- Death Valley and SW Nevada Flickr Meet-Up Group 0 photos, 13 members
- The Toilet Tent 211 photos, 25 members
- Zion National Park 13,729 photos, 1,811 members
- Subaru 39,616 photos, 4,160 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 471,235 photos, 32,642 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 18,929 photos, 1,426 members
- The Singles Bar - now open 1,302 photos, 1,288 members
- MexicaliBlog 4,000 photos, 228 members
- Single Tree Photos 3,951 photos, 861 members
Apple Crisp says:
"Dana's beautiful photos take us all over the back roads of California and give us just a taste of her extensive explorations. She's got a great eye and a distinctive appreciation of the details that make travel such a rewarding experience. Her photos demonstrate her love of nature and the older, smaller towns that many never see. This is where her heart is and it shows.
If you haven't visited her site, it's time! Total Escape is full of exciting ideas for traveling and exploring California.
Thanks for your wonderful photos, Dana! And we hope to see you on your next trip north!"
September 13th, 2009
- Dana Mite
- December 2006
- Berry Creek, CA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- camp diva & web geekett
- Total Escape