Total Escape is DanaMite's California creation. The independent travel source for the golden state and all the glorious back roads. 2016 marks my site w/ 20 years online!
Camping & outdoors are my passion. So much so, that I gave up my 3D animation career 2 decades ago to create my own web site on California, exploring the back roads. My lil Nikon Coolpix 950 camera kept me working hard for almost 12 years; Summer 2011 update After unsuccessfully searching for more CF memory while traveling 'on the road', I just gave up on the old skool and bought a new NIKON Coolpix L120 in Susanville (of all places).
The last 2 decades I have been traveling, camping, hiking, off-roading & compiling a visual & informational database featuring mostly rural California. Vacation spots & weekend adventures. Best parks, small towns, lakes, forests, rivers, trails.... a hell-of-a-lotta dirt roads, plus some 4x4 routes. Photos of real places & real content about real California. Yes, you can drive on past the factory outlet malls and casinos.
Next weekend make it all outside!
totalescape.com/gear - California Gear
totalescape.blogspot.com - Well Off the Beaten Path
Thanks to all who have contributed! Many of my flickr contacts listed below have graciously allowed me to post their unique California photos on my awesome travel site, Total Escape. When cruising all the small towns A-Z, you will notice these.
If you have an awesome shot of California and would like to have it featured online with Total Escape - just lemme know via flickr mail.
Photos of totalescape.com (1)
- The Post Ignorance Project 32 photos, 7 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 4,002 photos, 361 members
- Los Padres NF Trail Signs 222 photos, 16 members
- Arnold Rim Trail 286 photos, 13 members
- KINGSBURG CALIFORNIA 687 photos, 10 members
- Nikon Coolpix L120 2,960 photos, 159 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 32 photos, 17 members
- Right2Know About GMOs 613 photos, 67 members
- World Food Day, Rally for the Right to Know 92 photos, 3 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,887 photos, 654 members
- 4x4 Adventures 7,949 photos, 448 members
- Best of Yosemite 3,524 photos, 594 members
- my wilderness weekend 26 photos, 24 members
- Lakes of the Inland Empire 868 photos, 62 members
- Yosemite Falls 870 photos, 221 members
- Curioso en definitiva 52 photos, 45 members
- Davenport, California 1,093 photos, 188 members
- Bishop Ca 1,290 photos, 124 members
- Kern County Photographers 15,921 photos, 230 members
- Let's Be More Nature! 1,771 photos, 58 members
- San Luis Obispo County Wildflowers 759 photos, 67 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,717 photos, 8,184 members
- I Love Camping and Hiking! 3,098 photos, 278 members
- Kern County Photographers Wildflower and Nature Chapter 1,365 photos, 41 members
- Earth From the Air 11,739 photos, 1,160 members
- Randsburg: The Living Ghost Town 92 photos, 30 members
- San Francisco 279,947 photos, 15,665 members
- Santa Cruz Mountains 3,177 photos, 215 members
- Nevada 27,941 photos, 963 members
- cafe 39,563 photos, 5,816 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,251 photos, 955 members
- Kern County, CA USA 4,228 photos, 182 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,777 photos, 191 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 406,911 photos, 105,178 members
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color 2,878 photos, 253 members
- Hotels 71,385 photos, 5,986 members
- California Sierra Mountain Shots 2,875 photos, 308 members
- Autumn in California 443 photos, 32 members
- Camping around the world 6,594 photos, 689 members
- Kings Canyon National Park 935 photos, 144 members
- Northern California Photography 196,987 photos, 5,355 members
- Death Valley and SW Nevada Flickr Meet-Up Group 0 photos, 13 members
- The Toilet Tent 211 photos, 25 members
- Zion National Park 14,069 photos, 1,836 members
- Subaru 40,244 photos, 4,200 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 485,052 photos, 32,681 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 19,181 photos, 1,435 members
- MexicaliBlog 4,017 photos, 230 members
- Single Tree Photos 3,947 photos, 877 members
- California Bridges 1,814 photos, 139 members
Apple Crisp says:
"Dana's beautiful photos take us all over the back roads of California and give us just a taste of her extensive explorations. She's got a great eye and a distinctive appreciation of the details that make travel such a rewarding experience. Her photos demonstrate her love of nature and the older, smaller towns that many never see. This is where her heart is and it shows.
If you haven't visited her site, it's time! Total Escape is full of exciting ideas for traveling and exploring California.
Thanks for your wonderful photos, Dana! And we hope to see you on your next trip north!"
September 13th, 2009
- Dana Mite
- December 2006
- Berry Creek, CA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- camp diva & web geekett
- Total Escape