Total Escape is DanaMite's California creation. The independent travel source for the golden state and all the glorious back roads. 2016 marks my site w/ 20 years online!
Camping & outdoors are my passion. So much so, that I gave up my 3D animation career 2 decades ago to create my own web site on California, exploring the back roads. My lil Nikon Coolpix 950 camera kept me working hard for almost 12 years; Summer 2011 update After unsuccessfully searching for more Compact Flash memory while traveling 'on the road', I just gave up on the old skool and bought a new NIKON Coolpix L120 in Susanville (of all places).
The last 2 decades I have been traveling, camping, hiking, off-roading & compiling a visual & informational database featuring mostly rural California. Vacation spots & weekend adventures. Best parks, small towns, lakes, forests, rivers, trails.... a hell-of-a-lotta dirt roads, plus some 4x4 routes. Photos of real places & real content about real California. Yes, you can drive on past the factory outlet malls and casinos.
Next weekend make it all outside!
NEW Map Shop 2017
totalescape.com/gear - California Gear
totalescape.blogspot.com - Well Off the Beaten Path
Thanks to all who have contributed! Many of my flickr contacts listed below have graciously allowed me to post their unique California photos on my awesome travel site, Total Escape. When cruising all the small towns A-Z, you will notice these.
If you have an awesome shot of California and would like to have it featured online with Total Escape - just lemme know via flickr mail.
Photos of totalescape.com (1)
- The Post Ignorance Project 32 photos, 7 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 11,240 photos, 797 members
- Los Padres NF Trail Signs 230 photos, 18 members
- Arnold Rim Trail 288 photos, 13 members
- KINGSBURG CALIFORNIA 735 photos, 11 members
- Nikon Coolpix L120 3,182 photos, 160 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 32 photos, 17 members
- Right2Know About GMOs 620 photos, 67 members
- World Food Day, Rally for the Right to Know 92 photos, 3 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,918 photos, 650 members
- 4x4 Adventures 8,898 photos, 469 members
- Best of Yosemite 4,040 photos, 677 members
- my wilderness weekend 26 photos, 24 members
- Lakes of the Inland Empire 873 photos, 65 members
- Yosemite Falls 939 photos, 239 members
- Curioso en definitiva 52 photos, 45 members
- Davenport, California 1,095 photos, 189 members
- Bishop Ca 1,372 photos, 129 members
- Kern County Photographers 16,334 photos, 231 members
- Let's Be More Nature! 1,770 photos, 57 members
- San Luis Obispo County Wildflowers 788 photos, 68 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,654 photos, 8,427 members
- I Love Camping and Hiking! 3,367 photos, 289 members
- Kern County Photographers Wildflower and Nature Chapter 1,522 photos, 42 members
- Earth From the Air 11,730 photos, 1,150 members
- Randsburg: The Living Ghost Town 92 photos, 30 members
- San Francisco 283,735 photos, 15,681 members
- Santa Cruz Mountains 3,412 photos, 219 members
- Nevada 29,735 photos, 1,009 members
- cafe 39,944 photos, 5,831 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,202 photos, 953 members
- Kern County, CA USA 4,022 photos, 186 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,774 photos, 187 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 403,781 photos, 104,395 members
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color 2,934 photos, 250 members
- Hotels 77,859 photos, 6,076 members
- California Sierra Mountain Shots 2,796 photos, 303 members
- Autumn in California 339 photos, 37 members
- Camping around the world 6,892 photos, 697 members
- Kings Canyon National Park 1,065 photos, 156 members
- Northern California Photography 197,673 photos, 5,464 members
- Death Valley and SW Nevada Flickr Meet-Up Group 0 photos, 13 members
- The Toilet Tent 209 photos, 26 members
- Zion National Park 14,982 photos, 1,936 members
- Subaru 41,789 photos, 4,286 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 513,263 photos, 32,630 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 20,115 photos, 1,451 members
- MexicaliBlog 3,982 photos, 230 members
- Single Tree Photos 4,083 photos, 886 members
- California Bridges 1,876 photos, 139 members
Apple Crisp says:
"Dana's beautiful photos take us all over the back roads of California and give us just a taste of her extensive explorations. She's got a great eye and a distinctive appreciation of the details that make travel such a rewarding experience. Her photos demonstrate her love of nature and the older, smaller towns that many never see. This is where her heart is and it shows.
If you haven't visited her site, it's time! Total Escape is full of exciting ideas for traveling and exploring California.
Thanks for your wonderful photos, Dana! And we hope to see you on your next trip north!"
September 13th, 2009
- Dana Mite
- December 2006
- Berry Creek, CA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- camp diva & web geekett
- Total Escape