Total Escape is DanaMite's California creation. The independent travel source for the golden state and all the glorious back roads. 2016 marks my site w/ 20 years online!
Camping & outdoors are my passion. So much so, that I gave up my 3D animation career 2 decades ago to create my own web site on California, exploring the back roads. My lil Nikon Coolpix 950 camera kept me working hard for almost 12 years; Summer 2011 update After unsuccessfully searching for more Compact Flash memory while traveling 'on the road', I just gave up on the old skool and bought a new NIKON Coolpix L120 in Susanville (of all places).
The last 2 decades I have been traveling, camping, hiking, off-roading & compiling a visual & informational database featuring mostly rural California. Vacation spots & weekend adventures. Best parks, small towns, lakes, forests, rivers, trails.... a hell-of-a-lotta dirt roads, plus some 4x4 routes. Photos of real places & real content about real California. Yes, you can drive on past the factory outlet malls and casinos.
Next weekend make it all outside!
NEW Map Shop 2017
totalescape.com/gear - California Gear
totalescape.blogspot.com - Well Off the Beaten Path
Thanks to all who have contributed! Many of my flickr contacts listed below have graciously allowed me to post their unique California photos on my awesome travel site, Total Escape. When cruising all the small towns A-Z, you will notice these.
If you have an awesome shot of California and would like to have it featured online with Total Escape - just lemme know via flickr mail.
Photos of totalescape.com (1)
- The Post Ignorance Project 32 photos, 7 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 3,976 photos, 355 members
- Los Padres NF Trail Signs 222 photos, 17 members
- Arnold Rim Trail 287 photos, 13 members
- KINGSBURG CALIFORNIA 729 photos, 11 members
- Nikon Coolpix L120 3,120 photos, 159 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 32 photos, 17 members
- Right2Know About GMOs 616 photos, 67 members
- World Food Day, Rally for the Right to Know 92 photos, 3 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,935 photos, 651 members
- 4x4 Adventures 8,467 photos, 460 members
- Best of Yosemite 3,822 photos, 640 members
- my wilderness weekend 26 photos, 24 members
- Lakes of the Inland Empire 871 photos, 65 members
- Yosemite Falls 907 photos, 236 members
- Curioso en definitiva 52 photos, 45 members
- Davenport, California 1,088 photos, 189 members
- Bishop Ca 1,313 photos, 126 members
- Kern County Photographers 16,124 photos, 233 members
- Let's Be More Nature! 1,771 photos, 58 members
- San Luis Obispo County Wildflowers 780 photos, 67 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,698 photos, 8,331 members
- I Love Camping and Hiking! 3,247 photos, 287 members
- Kern County Photographers Wildflower and Nature Chapter 1,436 photos, 42 members
- Earth From the Air 11,739 photos, 1,156 members
- Randsburg: The Living Ghost Town 92 photos, 30 members
- San Francisco 283,257 photos, 15,665 members
- Santa Cruz Mountains 3,359 photos, 218 members
- Nevada 29,009 photos, 994 members
- cafe 39,775 photos, 5,830 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,212 photos, 951 members
- Kern County, CA USA 3,989 photos, 185 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,777 photos, 188 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 405,213 photos, 104,680 members
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color 2,925 photos, 251 members
- Hotels 74,081 photos, 6,041 members
- California Sierra Mountain Shots 2,824 photos, 305 members
- Autumn in California 300 photos, 36 members
- Camping around the world 6,858 photos, 692 members
- Kings Canyon National Park 1,022 photos, 154 members
- Northern California Photography 202,691 photos, 5,407 members
- Death Valley and SW Nevada Flickr Meet-Up Group 0 photos, 13 members
- The Toilet Tent 210 photos, 25 members
- Zion National Park 14,556 photos, 1,887 members
- Subaru 41,121 photos, 4,242 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 506,369 photos, 32,684 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 19,726 photos, 1,444 members
- MexicaliBlog 4,010 photos, 229 members
- Single Tree Photos 4,003 photos, 877 members
- California Bridges 1,854 photos, 142 members
Apple Crisp says:
"Dana's beautiful photos take us all over the back roads of California and give us just a taste of her extensive explorations. She's got a great eye and a distinctive appreciation of the details that make travel such a rewarding experience. Her photos demonstrate her love of nature and the older, smaller towns that many never see. This is where her heart is and it shows.
If you haven't visited her site, it's time! Total Escape is full of exciting ideas for traveling and exploring California.
Thanks for your wonderful photos, Dana! And we hope to see you on your next trip north!"
September 13th, 2009
- Dana Mite
- December 2006
- Berry Creek, CA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- camp diva & web geekett
- Total Escape