Total Escape is DanaMite's California creation. The independent travel source for the golden state and all the glorious back roads. Celebrating 19 years online this year!
Camping & outdoors are my passion. So much so, that I gave up my 3D animation career 2 decades ago to create my own web site on California, exploring the back roads. My lil Nikon Coolpix 950 camera kept me working hard for almost 12 years; Summer 2011 update After unsuccessfully searching for more CF memory while traveling 'on the road', I just gave up on the old skool and bought a new NIKON Coolpix L120 in Susanville (of all places).
The last 2 decades I have been traveling, camping, hiking, off-roading & compiling a visual & informational database featuring mostly rural California. Vacation spots & weekend adventures. Best parks, small towns, lakes, forests, rivers, trails.... a hell-of-a-lotta dirt roads, plus some 4x4 routes. Photos of real places & real content about real California. Yes, you can drive on past the factory outlet malls and casinos.
Next weekend make it all outside!
totalescape.com/gear - California Gear
totalescape.blogspot.com - Well Off the Beaten Path
Thanks to all who have contributed! Many of my flickr contacts listed below have graciously allowed me to post their unique California photos on my awesome travel site, Total Escape. When cruising all the small towns A-Z, you will notice these.
If you have an awesome shot of California and would like to have it featured online with Total Escape - just lemme know via flickr mail.
Photos of totalescape.com (1)
- The Post Ignorance Project 38 photos, 7 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 4,153 photos, 387 members
- Los Padres NF Trail Signs 210 photos, 13 members
- Arnold Rim Trail 280 photos, 12 members
- KINGSBURG CALIFORNIA 433 photos, 9 members
- Nikon Coolpix L120 2,899 photos, 152 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 32 photos, 17 members
- Right2Know About GMOs 601 photos, 66 members
- World Food Day, Rally for the Right to Know 92 photos, 3 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,839 photos, 655 members
- 4x4 Adventures 7,336 photos, 389 members
- Best of Yosemite 2,804 photos, 424 members
- my wilderness weekend 26 photos, 24 members
- Lakes of the Inland Empire 844 photos, 55 members
- Yosemite Falls 783 photos, 169 members
- Curioso en definitiva 52 photos, 46 members
- Davenport, California 1,080 photos, 175 members
- Bishop Ca 1,136 photos, 114 members
- Kern County Photographers 15,123 photos, 215 members
- Let's Be More Nature! 1,827 photos, 56 members
- San Luis Obispo County Wildflowers 647 photos, 61 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,850 photos, 7,419 members
- I Love Camping and Hiking! 2,199 photos, 244 members
- Kern County Photographers Wildflower and Nature Chapter 1,132 photos, 40 members
- Earth From the Air 11,745 photos, 1,161 members
- Randsburg: The Living Ghost Town 103 photos, 26 members
- San Francisco 265,194 photos, 15,463 members
- Santa Cruz Mountains 2,863 photos, 206 members
- Nevada 24,807 photos, 869 members
- cafe 38,525 photos, 5,716 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,315 photos, 970 members
- Kern County, CA USA 3,826 photos, 157 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,796 photos, 194 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 412,905 photos, 105,849 members
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color 2,658 photos, 246 members
- Hotels 64,940 photos, 5,698 members
- California Sierra Mountain Shots 2,894 photos, 310 members
- Autumn in California 269 photos, 28 members
- Camping around the world 5,793 photos, 653 members
- Kings Canyon National Park 646 photos, 109 members
- Northern California Photography 176,300 photos, 5,107 members
- Death Valley and SW Nevada Flickr Meet-Up Group 0 photos, 14 members
- The Toilet Tent 195 photos, 27 members
- Zion National Park 12,279 photos, 1,629 members
- Subaru 35,801 photos, 4,011 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 414,436 photos, 32,444 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 18,166 photos, 1,391 members
- The Singles Bar - now open 1,269 photos, 1,184 members
- MexicaliBlog 3,967 photos, 227 members
- Single Tree Photos 3,794 photos, 825 members
Apple Crisp says:
"Dana's beautiful photos take us all over the back roads of California and give us just a taste of her extensive explorations. She's got a great eye and a distinctive appreciation of the details that make travel such a rewarding experience. Her photos demonstrate her love of nature and the older, smaller towns that many never see. This is where her heart is and it shows.
If you haven't visited her site, it's time! Total Escape is full of exciting ideas for traveling and exploring California.
Thanks for your wonderful photos, Dana! And we hope to see you on your next trip north!"
September 13th, 2009
- Dana Mite
- December 2006
- Weaverville CA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- camp diva & web geekett
- Total Escape