Total Escape is DanaMite's California creation. The independent travel source for the golden state and all the glorious back roads. Celebrating 18 years online this year!
Camping & outdoors are my passion. So much so, that I gave up my 3D animation career 2 decades ago to create my own web site on California, exploring the back roads. My lil Nikon Coolpix 950 camera kept me working hard for almost 12 years; Summer 2011 update After unsuccessfully searching for more CF memory while traveling 'on the road', I just gave up on the old skool and bought a new NIKON Coolpix L120 in Susanville (of all places).
The last 2 decades I have been traveling, camping, hiking, off-roading & compiling a visual & informational database featuring mostly rural California. Vacation spots & weekend adventures. Best parks, small towns, lakes, forests, rivers, trails.... a hell-of-a-lotta dirt roads, plus some 4x4 routes. Photos of real places & real content about real California. Yes, you can drive on past the factory outlet malls and casinos.
Next weekend make it all outside!
totalescape.com/gear - California Gear
totalescape.blogspot.com - Well Off the Beaten Path
Thanks to all who have contributed! Many of my flickr contacts listed below have graciously allowed me to post their unique California photos on my awesome travel site, Total Escape. When cruising all the small towns A-Z, you will notice these.
If you have an awesome shot of California and would like to have it featured online with Total Escape - just lemme know via flickr mail.
Photos of totalescape.com (1)
- The Post Ignorance Project 38 photos, 7 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 4,238 photos, 397 members
- Los Padres NF Trail Signs 205 photos, 12 members
- Arnold Rim Trail 278 photos, 12 members
- KINGSBURG CALIFORNIA 394 photos, 9 members
- Nikon Coolpix L120 2,894 photos, 149 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 33 photos, 17 members
- Right2Know About GMOs 627 photos, 64 members
- World Food Day, Rally for the Right to Know 92 photos, 3 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 14,084 photos, 659 members
- 4x4 Adventures 4,332 photos, 347 members
- Best of Yosemite 2,318 photos, 314 members
- my wilderness weekend 20 photos, 23 members
- Lakes of the Inland Empire 820 photos, 53 members
- Yosemite Falls 769 photos, 151 members
- Curioso en definitiva 52 photos, 46 members
- Davenport, California 1,032 photos, 170 members
- Bishop Ca 1,067 photos, 102 members
- Kern County Photographers 14,571 photos, 209 members
- Let's Be More Nature! 1,662 photos, 54 members
- San Luis Obispo County Wildflowers 649 photos, 56 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 14,020 photos, 7,129 members
- I Love Camping and Hiking! 1,864 photos, 217 members
- Kern County Photographers Wildflower and Nature Chapter 1,035 photos, 39 members
- Earth From the Air 11,760 photos, 1,148 members
- Randsburg: The Living Ghost Town 104 photos, 27 members
- San Francisco 253,804 photos, 14,889 members
- Santa Cruz Mountains 2,646 photos, 202 members
- Nevada 22,787 photos, 801 members
- cafe 37,601 photos, 5,628 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,333 photos, 947 members
- Kern County, CA USA 3,617 photos, 151 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,806 photos, 196 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 418,101 photos, 106,095 members
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color 2,466 photos, 245 members
- Hotels 61,108 photos, 5,465 members
- California Sierra Mountain Shots 2,907 photos, 308 members
- Autumn in California 261 photos, 23 members
- Camping around the world 5,414 photos, 622 members
- Kings Canyon National Park 556 photos, 91 members
- Northern California Photography 162,636 photos, 4,908 members
- Death Valley and SW Nevada Flickr Meet-Up Group 0 photos, 14 members
- The Toilet Tent 195 photos, 24 members
- Zion National Park 11,113 photos, 1,499 members
- Subaru 32,958 photos, 3,783 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 367,409 photos, 32,097 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 17,418 photos, 1,357 members
- The Singles Bar - now open 1,263 photos, 1,104 members
- MexicaliBlog 3,900 photos, 226 members
- Single Tree Photos 3,743 photos, 799 members
Apple Crisp says:
"Dana's beautiful photos take us all over the back roads of California and give us just a taste of her extensive explorations. She's got a great eye and a distinctive appreciation of the details that make travel such a rewarding experience. Her photos demonstrate her love of nature and the older, smaller towns that many never see. This is where her heart is and it shows.
If you haven't visited her site, it's time! Total Escape is full of exciting ideas for traveling and exploring California.
Thanks for your wonderful photos, Dana! And we hope to see you on your next trip north!"
September 13th, 2009
- Dana Mite
- December 2006
- Pismo Beach CA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Single
- camp diva & web geekett
- Total Escape