Total Escape is DanaMite's California creation. The independent travel source for the golden state and all the glorious back roads. Celebrating 19 years online this year!
Camping & outdoors are my passion. So much so, that I gave up my 3D animation career 2 decades ago to create my own web site on California, exploring the back roads. My lil Nikon Coolpix 950 camera kept me working hard for almost 12 years; Summer 2011 update After unsuccessfully searching for more CF memory while traveling 'on the road', I just gave up on the old skool and bought a new NIKON Coolpix L120 in Susanville (of all places).
The last 2 decades I have been traveling, camping, hiking, off-roading & compiling a visual & informational database featuring mostly rural California. Vacation spots & weekend adventures. Best parks, small towns, lakes, forests, rivers, trails.... a hell-of-a-lotta dirt roads, plus some 4x4 routes. Photos of real places & real content about real California. Yes, you can drive on past the factory outlet malls and casinos.
Next weekend make it all outside!
totalescape.com/gear - California Gear
totalescape.blogspot.com - Well Off the Beaten Path
Thanks to all who have contributed! Many of my flickr contacts listed below have graciously allowed me to post their unique California photos on my awesome travel site, Total Escape. When cruising all the small towns A-Z, you will notice these.
If you have an awesome shot of California and would like to have it featured online with Total Escape - just lemme know via flickr mail.
Photos of totalescape.com (1)
- The Post Ignorance Project 38 photos, 7 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 4,145 photos, 376 members
- Los Padres NF Trail Signs 218 photos, 14 members
- Arnold Rim Trail 280 photos, 12 members
- KINGSBURG CALIFORNIA 579 photos, 9 members
- Nikon Coolpix L120 2,896 photos, 156 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 32 photos, 17 members
- Right2Know About GMOs 609 photos, 66 members
- World Food Day, Rally for the Right to Know 92 photos, 3 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,789 photos, 655 members
- 4x4 Adventures 7,686 photos, 415 members
- Best of Yosemite 3,126 photos, 498 members
- my wilderness weekend 26 photos, 24 members
- Lakes of the Inland Empire 848 photos, 59 members
- Yosemite Falls 833 photos, 192 members
- Curioso en definitiva 52 photos, 45 members
- Davenport, California 1,085 photos, 184 members
- Bishop Ca 1,176 photos, 121 members
- Kern County Photographers 15,444 photos, 218 members
- Let's Be More Nature! 1,967 photos, 56 members
- San Luis Obispo County Wildflowers 674 photos, 63 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,765 photos, 7,761 members
- I Love Camping and Hiking! 2,676 photos, 267 members
- Kern County Photographers Wildflower and Nature Chapter 1,206 photos, 40 members
- Earth From the Air 11,745 photos, 1,158 members
- Randsburg: The Living Ghost Town 96 photos, 28 members
- San Francisco 272,009 photos, 15,601 members
- Santa Cruz Mountains 3,019 photos, 208 members
- Nevada 25,930 photos, 908 members
- cafe 39,060 photos, 5,772 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,289 photos, 969 members
- Kern County, CA USA 4,001 photos, 165 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,796 photos, 192 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,350 photos, 105,693 members
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color 2,670 photos, 246 members
- Hotels 67,332 photos, 5,824 members
- California Sierra Mountain Shots 2,877 photos, 307 members
- Autumn in California 293 photos, 29 members
- Camping around the world 6,167 photos, 681 members
- Kings Canyon National Park 754 photos, 125 members
- Northern California Photography 184,126 photos, 5,213 members
- Death Valley and SW Nevada Flickr Meet-Up Group 0 photos, 14 members
- The Toilet Tent 211 photos, 25 members
- Zion National Park 13,201 photos, 1,722 members
- Subaru 37,913 photos, 4,112 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 444,993 photos, 32,530 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 18,422 photos, 1,408 members
- The Singles Bar - now open 1,284 photos, 1,235 members
- MexicaliBlog 3,991 photos, 227 members
- Single Tree Photos 3,848 photos, 853 members
Apple Crisp says:
"Dana's beautiful photos take us all over the back roads of California and give us just a taste of her extensive explorations. She's got a great eye and a distinctive appreciation of the details that make travel such a rewarding experience. Her photos demonstrate her love of nature and the older, smaller towns that many never see. This is where her heart is and it shows.
If you haven't visited her site, it's time! Total Escape is full of exciting ideas for traveling and exploring California.
Thanks for your wonderful photos, Dana! And we hope to see you on your next trip north!"
September 13th, 2009
- Dana Mite
- December 2006
- Berry Creek, CA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- camp diva & web geekett
- Total Escape