Total Escape is DanaMite's California creation. The independent travel source for the golden state and all the glorious back roads. 2016 marks my site w/ 20 years online!
Camping & outdoors are my passion. So much so, that I gave up my 3D animation career 2 decades ago to create my own web site on California, exploring the back roads. My lil Nikon Coolpix 950 camera kept me working hard for almost 12 years; Summer 2011 update After unsuccessfully searching for more CF memory while traveling 'on the road', I just gave up on the old skool and bought a new NIKON Coolpix L120 in Susanville (of all places).
The last 2 decades I have been traveling, camping, hiking, off-roading & compiling a visual & informational database featuring mostly rural California. Vacation spots & weekend adventures. Best parks, small towns, lakes, forests, rivers, trails.... a hell-of-a-lotta dirt roads, plus some 4x4 routes. Photos of real places & real content about real California. Yes, you can drive on past the factory outlet malls and casinos.
Next weekend make it all outside!
totalescape.com/gear - California Gear
totalescape.blogspot.com - Well Off the Beaten Path
Thanks to all who have contributed! Many of my flickr contacts listed below have graciously allowed me to post their unique California photos on my awesome travel site, Total Escape. When cruising all the small towns A-Z, you will notice these.
If you have an awesome shot of California and would like to have it featured online with Total Escape - just lemme know via flickr mail.
Photos of totalescape.com (1)
- The Post Ignorance Project 38 photos, 7 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 4,144 photos, 373 members
- Los Padres NF Trail Signs 218 photos, 15 members
- Arnold Rim Trail 285 photos, 13 members
- KINGSBURG CALIFORNIA 599 photos, 10 members
- Nikon Coolpix L120 2,931 photos, 156 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 32 photos, 17 members
- Right2Know About GMOs 611 photos, 66 members
- World Food Day, Rally for the Right to Know 92 photos, 3 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,800 photos, 654 members
- 4x4 Adventures 7,747 photos, 420 members
- Best of Yosemite 3,168 photos, 514 members
- my wilderness weekend 26 photos, 24 members
- Lakes of the Inland Empire 855 photos, 60 members
- Yosemite Falls 841 photos, 197 members
- Curioso en definitiva 52 photos, 45 members
- Davenport, California 1,093 photos, 185 members
- Bishop Ca 1,209 photos, 122 members
- Kern County Photographers 15,613 photos, 220 members
- Let's Be More Nature! 2,025 photos, 56 members
- San Luis Obispo County Wildflowers 678 photos, 64 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,788 photos, 7,839 members
- I Love Camping and Hiking! 2,817 photos, 271 members
- Kern County Photographers Wildflower and Nature Chapter 1,214 photos, 40 members
- Earth From the Air 11,740 photos, 1,158 members
- Randsburg: The Living Ghost Town 96 photos, 28 members
- San Francisco 273,609 photos, 15,631 members
- Santa Cruz Mountains 3,055 photos, 212 members
- Nevada 26,545 photos, 920 members
- cafe 39,161 photos, 5,782 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,275 photos, 967 members
- Kern County, CA USA 4,069 photos, 166 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,795 photos, 191 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,605 photos, 105,629 members
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color 2,820 photos, 252 members
- Hotels 68,315 photos, 5,862 members
- California Sierra Mountain Shots 2,877 photos, 307 members
- Autumn in California 293 photos, 29 members
- Camping around the world 6,349 photos, 682 members
- Kings Canyon National Park 792 photos, 131 members
- Northern California Photography 186,900 photos, 5,239 members
- Death Valley and SW Nevada Flickr Meet-Up Group 0 photos, 14 members
- The Toilet Tent 211 photos, 25 members
- Zion National Park 13,373 photos, 1,761 members
- Subaru 38,380 photos, 4,124 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 453,333 photos, 32,570 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 18,657 photos, 1,415 members
- The Singles Bar - now open 1,282 photos, 1,250 members
- MexicaliBlog 3,996 photos, 228 members
- Single Tree Photos 3,864 photos, 856 members
Apple Crisp says:
"Dana's beautiful photos take us all over the back roads of California and give us just a taste of her extensive explorations. She's got a great eye and a distinctive appreciation of the details that make travel such a rewarding experience. Her photos demonstrate her love of nature and the older, smaller towns that many never see. This is where her heart is and it shows.
If you haven't visited her site, it's time! Total Escape is full of exciting ideas for traveling and exploring California.
Thanks for your wonderful photos, Dana! And we hope to see you on your next trip north!"
September 13th, 2009
- Dana Mite
- December 2006
- Berry Creek, CA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- camp diva & web geekett
- Total Escape