After a particularly successful photo-shoot it isn't uncommon for me to slam my tripod and camera into the ground totally destroying them much in the same way a rock star would destroy his guitar at the end of a concert.
Photos of clay.wells (4)
- Texas Panhandle 2,464 photos, 215 members
- Kansas 43,413 photos, 1,294 members
- Boxer Place 24,476 photos, 2,554 members
- Nikkor AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR 23,650 photos, 1,539 members
- ROCK CLIMBING 25,045 photos, 3,073 members
- Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8 L 1,779 photos, 160 members
- canon 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM 32,133 photos, 2,617 members
- Toyota Trucks 5,351 photos, 869 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 57,375 photos, 6,475 members
- Flickr API 785 photos, 17,196 members
- Flickr Hacks 426 photos, 21,855 members
- Alabama 41,492 photos, 1,342 members
- Beaches of the World (geotagged) 47,099 photos, 11,291 members
- *I Love the Ocean/Sea* (No People Shots, Ocean Only) 54,340 photos, 6,724 members
- Gulf Of México 2,185 photos, 118 members
- Arkansas wildflowers 1,508 photos, 66 members
- Bokeh is my passion 10,643 photos, 1,518 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 23,165 photos, 1,489 members
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM 16,233 photos, 2,260 members
- Arkansas Portrait Photographers 1,778 photos, 134 members
- fire lookout towers and guard stations 2,575 photos, 337 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,842 photos, 2,923 members
- TENNESSEE 56,718 photos, 1,660 members
- Nashville 6,496 photos, 584 members
- Great SMOKY MOUNTAINS National Park & Surrounding Area! 23,003 photos, 2,401 members
- Virginia 64,999 photos, 1,504 members
- New Orleans Photography 73,250 photos, 2,884 members
- Arkansas Rural and Scenic Areas, Arkansas People, and Arkansas N 2,522 photos, 51 members
- Final Approach 1,700 photos, 189 members
- Founders Plaza DFW Airport 2,070 photos, 56 members
- Studio Lighting 101,105 photos, 10,008 members
- Marathons 24,084 photos, 674 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,523 photos, 2,401 members
- Alien Bees 69,209 photos, 7,362 members
- Alien Bee Beauty Dish users 8,529 photos, 1,189 members
- Photos of a natural nature 61 photos, 16 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,024,910 photos, 128,979 members
- Random Security? 16 photos, 11 members
- National Register of Historic Places 54,205 photos, 957 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 852,366 photos, 26,855 members
- Bokeh Panoramas 3,686 photos, 1,167 members
- The Brenizer Method 7,244 photos, 5,609 members
- STORMSCAPES 16,751 photos, 1,952 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 72,096 photos, 6,378 members
- Film is Awesome! 832,687 photos, 17,566 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III 341,928 photos, 10,769 members
- Night Sky, The 51,119 photos, 6,072 members
- Texas 182,036 photos, 6,351 members
- Big Bend N.P. 5,929 photos, 644 members
- Minnesota Travel 20,242 photos, 1,141 members
"Clay be an amazin' photographer. His photographs is so varied, but each be finely presented .He kin capture boozefalls t'flowers, po'traits t'landscapes, and lets not fo'get about da damn barns! Right on! Ah' always look fo'ward t'see whut he gots'ta post next. Man! Not only be he talented, he be a great dude. He be always down fo' some baaaad laugh, some kind wo'd, o' gots helpful advice. One uh my favo'ite sucka's here on Flickr. Ah be baaad... Not only be he great, but so's is his fine mama...he's some lucky dude. She be a saint t'deal wid Clay! Right on! ah' love t'hate him"
October 26th, 2010
p r i m e r says:
"Clay is the kind of guy that will sell you an alpaca farm while you are standing there naked, covered in urine in a supermarket parking lot trying to enjoy your Klondike bar. He's also the guy that will hand you his book "How to Take Awesome Photographs in One Easy Step" written in binary code and autographed "ninjatastic" on the front page. That's just the type of guy he is.
He taught me everything I know. I sure wish he told me to turn the camera on first. Really, that should've been step one.
Seriously though, Clay is more awesome than you. He helped me bury that body that one time.
01101110 01101001 01101110 01101010 01100001!"
June 28th, 2010
California CPA says:
"There are "photographers", then there are "good photographers" and then there are the just wow, "how the hell does he do that photographers". Clay is part of the "gettoutohere" group. Not only is he in my VIP list but he is also a great guy that will not hesitate to share his knowledge. For me, that is the reason I come to flickr, for people like Clay. I just have to find a way to get him to move to California...."
June 15th, 2010
"Clay, I wanted to write a testimonial for you my good friend. But it's hard to know what to say when the time comes as it can often sound creepy and weird lol
Let me say that's it's been an absolute pleasure to know you on this great site and i've always enjoyed your comments on my stream. You're producing some of the most amazing photography these days, I do hope to increase my skills to your level now that I've (finally!) got an SLR !
Take care mate - have a great 2010 !!!
January 2nd, 2010
"Believe I found Clay's flickr gallery after a search of "Little Rock". It was quite by accident. I continue to be so glad for that accidental "find". What a reward! Clay's photos are exceptional. I don't care if he's posted a photo of his adorable kiddo's, his gorgeous wife, rushing waters in a stream, a pastoral meadow, a waterfall in the deep woods ... it will be a face - a place - a moment to remember. This guy is passionate about photography. Setting up his gear for an early morning or late evening shot is no hill for this climber. Clay really "gets" the technical details of photography and has his faithful following of techies/tekkies. On the flip side, there's a crazy fun and quirky element to Clay's gallery ... sometimes hilarious bantering back and forth ... so, I tend to "expect the unexpected" when visiting. He's serious and yet not so serious. It's a great fusion! As an almost-full-time resident of Arkansas, I have a solid appreciation for the way Clay showcases the beauty of The Natural State. I am an enthusiastic fan of his photography, and appreciate his encouragement as I fiercely go forth with my Canon PowerShot A610. :)) He reminds me that it all begins with "seeing" ... so I will add this appropos quote as to Clay's work:
"Good photographic composition is merely the strongest way of seeing." -Edward Weston"
September 1st, 2009
"In 1972 a crack commando was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. This man (allegedly now known as Clayton Wells) promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade and is even now on the run from the government hidden somewhere in the Deep South.
Supposedly his deep cover includes being the founder member of the Arkansas cricket appreciation society, three lovely children and a beautiful wife.
He is reputed to be a trained demolitions expert and a black belt necromancer - whatever happens - if you see him near a bridge or cemetery - run."
June 17th, 2009
Jeff Engelhardt says:
"It was the mid-1930's and I was perusing Pentax Quarterly magazine, when I stumbled upon an advert recommending I chant the name 'Clay Wells' three times in a strange voice.
I did so, and shortly thereafter appeared a bento box in my hand. I opened it to find a helping of sesame chicken, two wontons, and a small, frightened, rare species of orangutan. That, my friends, was Clay Wells."
May 30th, 2009
M.P. Bordelon says:
"o hai. itz clai! hez ze greetest fotograffer evuh!"
March 14th, 2009
Doug van Kampen says:
"Now you see, Clayton seems to come from nowhere and blast me with comments, even when I haven't been around for a while. He's the epitome of what flickr should be - always giving and never expecting in return. His frames are truly unique in their own right and offer a glimpse into the world which surrounds his daily life. I find it rather enjoyable to watch another photographer constantly striving to experiment and pool their "audience" to find out what people like. He has no reservations about how many versions of the same image to post, requesting feedback from all those willing to give it. This *is* what the flickr community is all about.
Clayton is quite obviously a devoted Husband, Father, Photographer, and Friend."
January 3rd, 2009
Extra Medium says:
"Clay was showing all the other students his gnarly blood blister on his elbow when the teacher came by and popped it with a sharp stick! Owww! he exclaimed as the contents fell systematically to the floor. I was new to the class so I didn't know if this was typical of Photography class or if the teacher was ex-military or what. We all waited until sunset and then there it was, the golden colors of the evening sun. We all snapped away at the sun trying to keep in mind all the fundamentals the teacher disciplined us on. Clay was out in the opposite direction, shooting birds, rocks and some other random things. What I realized right then and there was that just because what everyone else shoots, doesn't mean it'll be good. Clay understood this, and he brings that same mentality to his shots now. I'd be happy to share my camera with him any day of the week, but not his shirt; it's probably all full of blood and goo."
October 29th, 2008
"I know Clay from the critique group where his photography has shown a development and evolution at a phenomenal speed. I really can't wait to see what Clayton is producing a year from now or if he can continue to improve at the incredible rate he has already shown."
October 6th, 2008
- Clayton Wells
- June 2006
- The Red Stick
- Little Rock
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Baby Duck Juggler, Free-style rapper
- C. Wells Photography