After a particularly successful photo-shoot it isn't uncommon for me to slam my tripod and camera into the ground totally destroying them much in the same way a rock star would destroy his guitar at the end of a concert.
Photos of clay.wells (4)
- Bokeh is my passion 9,444 photos, 1,217 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 20,017 photos, 1,213 members
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM 9,995 photos, 1,465 members
- Arkansas Portrait Photographers 1,843 photos, 116 members
- fire lookout towers and guard stations 2,359 photos, 309 members
- Less is More 2015 3,648 photos, 1,399 members
- TENNESSEE 51,217 photos, 1,541 members
- Nashville 5,798 photos, 504 members
- Great SMOKY MOUNTAINS National Park & Surrounding Area! 19,838 photos, 2,114 members
- Virginia 55,215 photos, 1,314 members
- New Orleans Photography 57,402 photos, 2,588 members
- Arkansas Rural and Scenic Areas, Arkansas People, and Arkansas N 779 photos, 35 members
- Final Approach 1,017 photos, 165 members
- Founders Plaza DFW Airport 1,952 photos, 47 members
- Studio Lighting 86,484 photos, 9,310 members
- Marathons 12,324 photos, 572 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,015 photos, 2,424 members
- Alien Bees 70,370 photos, 7,241 members
- Alien Bee Beauty Dish users 8,320 photos, 1,157 members
- Photos of a natural nature 42 photos, 13 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 927,198 photos, 119,071 members
- Random Security? 16 photos, 11 members
- National Register of Historic Places 47,169 photos, 887 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 725,944 photos, 25,199 members
- Bokeh Panoramas 3,295 photos, 933 members
- The Brenizer Method 6,437 photos, 4,857 members
- STORMSCAPES 12,148 photos, 1,292 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 58,114 photos, 5,221 members
- Film is Awesome! 567,236 photos, 13,921 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III 216,589 photos, 8,344 members
- Night Sky, The 34,760 photos, 4,731 members
- Texas 157,273 photos, 5,843 members
- Big Bend N.P. 5,047 photos, 569 members
- Minnesota Travel 17,946 photos, 1,041 members
- Kanchenjunga Winners 739 photos, 66 members
- The Nature Conservancy 749,143 photos, 37,887 members
- Chasing Shadows 40,001 photos, 1,760 members
- Lightning 37,446 photos, 14,521 members
- Stardust Motel 143 photos, 84 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 43,826 photos, 5,858 members
- Lightsphere Users 4,536 photos, 1,345 members
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro 90,345 photos, 5,667 members
- Project 52 - A Photographic Journey 555 photos, 35 members
- FF50 256 photos, 51 members
- Natural Landscapes 17,948 photos, 3,775 members
- iPhone & Signs 3,062 photos, 138 members
- The Colours of: Winter 444,127 photos, 18,958 members
- USAF Thunderbirds 7,664 photos, 772 members
- Bulb Signs (vintage) 2,138 photos, 204 members
- Baton Rouge Flickr Friends 16,308 photos, 274 members
"Clay be an amazin' photographer. His photographs is so varied, but each be finely presented .He kin capture boozefalls t'flowers, po'traits t'landscapes, and lets not fo'get about da damn barns! Right on! Ah' always look fo'ward t'see whut he gots'ta post next. Man! Not only be he talented, he be a great dude. He be always down fo' some baaaad laugh, some kind wo'd, o' gots helpful advice. One uh my favo'ite sucka's here on Flickr. Ah be baaad... Not only be he great, but so's is his fine mama...he's some lucky dude. She be a saint t'deal wid Clay! Right on! ah' love t'hate him"
October 26th, 2010
p r i m e r says:
"Clay is the kind of guy that will sell you an alpaca farm while you are standing there naked, covered in urine in a supermarket parking lot trying to enjoy your Klondike bar. He's also the guy that will hand you his book "How to Take Awesome Photographs in One Easy Step" written in binary code and autographed "ninjatastic" on the front page. That's just the type of guy he is.
He taught me everything I know. I sure wish he told me to turn the camera on first. Really, that should've been step one.
Seriously though, Clay is more awesome than you. He helped me bury that body that one time.
01101110 01101001 01101110 01101010 01100001!"
June 28th, 2010
California CPA says:
"There are "photographers", then there are "good photographers" and then there are the just wow, "how the hell does he do that photographers". Clay is part of the "gettoutohere" group. Not only is he in my VIP list but he is also a great guy that will not hesitate to share his knowledge. For me, that is the reason I come to flickr, for people like Clay. I just have to find a way to get him to move to California...."
June 15th, 2010
"Clay, I wanted to write a testimonial for you my good friend. But it's hard to know what to say when the time comes as it can often sound creepy and weird lol
Let me say that's it's been an absolute pleasure to know you on this great site and i've always enjoyed your comments on my stream. You're producing some of the most amazing photography these days, I do hope to increase my skills to your level now that I've (finally!) got an SLR !
Take care mate - have a great 2010 !!!
January 2nd, 2010
"Believe I found Clay's flickr gallery after a search of "Little Rock". It was quite by accident. I continue to be so glad for that accidental "find". What a reward! Clay's photos are exceptional. I don't care if he's posted a photo of his adorable kiddo's, his gorgeous wife, rushing waters in a stream, a pastoral meadow, a waterfall in the deep woods ... it will be a face - a place - a moment to remember. This guy is passionate about photography. Setting up his gear for an early morning or late evening shot is no hill for this climber. Clay really "gets" the technical details of photography and has his faithful following of techies/tekkies. On the flip side, there's a crazy fun and quirky element to Clay's gallery ... sometimes hilarious bantering back and forth ... so, I tend to "expect the unexpected" when visiting. He's serious and yet not so serious. It's a great fusion! As an almost-full-time resident of Arkansas, I have a solid appreciation for the way Clay showcases the beauty of The Natural State. I am an enthusiastic fan of his photography, and appreciate his encouragement as I fiercely go forth with my Canon PowerShot A610. :)) He reminds me that it all begins with "seeing" ... so I will add this appropos quote as to Clay's work:
"Good photographic composition is merely the strongest way of seeing." -Edward Weston"
September 1st, 2009
"In 1972 a crack commando was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. This man (allegedly now known as Clayton Wells) promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade and is even now on the run from the government hidden somewhere in the Deep South.
Supposedly his deep cover includes being the founder member of the Arkansas cricket appreciation society, three lovely children and a beautiful wife.
He is reputed to be a trained demolitions expert and a black belt necromancer - whatever happens - if you see him near a bridge or cemetery - run."
June 17th, 2009
Jeff Engelhardt says:
"It was the mid-1930's and I was perusing Pentax Quarterly magazine, when I stumbled upon an advert recommending I chant the name 'Clay Wells' three times in a strange voice.
I did so, and shortly thereafter appeared a bento box in my hand. I opened it to find a helping of sesame chicken, two wontons, and a small, frightened, rare species of orangutan. That, my friends, was Clay Wells."
May 30th, 2009
M.P. Bordelon says:
"o hai. itz clai! hez ze greetest fotograffer evuh!"
March 14th, 2009
Doug van Kampen says:
"Now you see, Clayton seems to come from nowhere and blast me with comments, even when I haven't been around for a while. He's the epitome of what flickr should be - always giving and never expecting in return. His frames are truly unique in their own right and offer a glimpse into the world which surrounds his daily life. I find it rather enjoyable to watch another photographer constantly striving to experiment and pool their "audience" to find out what people like. He has no reservations about how many versions of the same image to post, requesting feedback from all those willing to give it. This *is* what the flickr community is all about.
Clayton is quite obviously a devoted Husband, Father, Photographer, and Friend."
January 3rd, 2009
Extra Medium says:
"Clay was showing all the other students his gnarly blood blister on his elbow when the teacher came by and popped it with a sharp stick! Owww! he exclaimed as the contents fell systematically to the floor. I was new to the class so I didn't know if this was typical of Photography class or if the teacher was ex-military or what. We all waited until sunset and then there it was, the golden colors of the evening sun. We all snapped away at the sun trying to keep in mind all the fundamentals the teacher disciplined us on. Clay was out in the opposite direction, shooting birds, rocks and some other random things. What I realized right then and there was that just because what everyone else shoots, doesn't mean it'll be good. Clay understood this, and he brings that same mentality to his shots now. I'd be happy to share my camera with him any day of the week, but not his shirt; it's probably all full of blood and goo."
October 29th, 2008
"I know Clay from the critique group where his photography has shown a development and evolution at a phenomenal speed. I really can't wait to see what Clayton is producing a year from now or if he can continue to improve at the incredible rate he has already shown."
October 6th, 2008
- Clayton Wells
- June 2006
- The Red Stick
- Little Rock
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Baby Duck Juggler, Free-style rapper
- C. Wells Photography