After a particularly successful photo-shoot it isn't uncommon for me to slam my tripod and camera into the ground totally destroying them much in the same way a rock star would destroy his guitar at the end of a concert.
Photos of clay.wells (4)
- Boxer Place 23,896 photos, 2,527 members
- Nikkor AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR 7,594 photos, 856 members
- ROCK CLIMBING 24,523 photos, 3,012 members
- Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8 L 1,551 photos, 139 members
- canon 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM 29,193 photos, 2,421 members
- Toyota Trucks 5,112 photos, 839 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 56,159 photos, 6,344 members
- Flickr API 796 photos, 16,508 members
- Flickr Hacks 426 photos, 20,975 members
- Alabama 39,599 photos, 1,316 members
- Beaches of the World (geotagged) 39,734 photos, 10,125 members
- *I Love the Ocean/Sea* (No People Shots, Ocean Only) 53,645 photos, 6,651 members
- Gulf Of México 2,118 photos, 114 members
- Arkansas wildflowers 1,343 photos, 65 members
- Bokeh is my passion 10,708 photos, 1,443 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 21,958 photos, 1,398 members
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM 13,815 photos, 1,884 members
- Arkansas Portrait Photographers 1,931 photos, 125 members
- fire lookout towers and guard stations 2,475 photos, 329 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,913 photos, 2,724 members
- TENNESSEE 54,834 photos, 1,620 members
- Nashville 6,195 photos, 547 members
- Great SMOKY MOUNTAINS National Park & Surrounding Area! 21,843 photos, 2,302 members
- Virginia 62,138 photos, 1,434 members
- New Orleans Photography 68,266 photos, 2,789 members
- Arkansas Rural and Scenic Areas, Arkansas People, and Arkansas N 1,685 photos, 47 members
- Final Approach 1,316 photos, 182 members
- Founders Plaza DFW Airport 2,045 photos, 54 members
- Studio Lighting 95,303 photos, 9,849 members
- Marathons 17,309 photos, 639 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,307 photos, 2,417 members
- Alien Bees 69,432 photos, 7,322 members
- Alien Bee Beauty Dish users 8,491 photos, 1,179 members
- Photos of a natural nature 59 photos, 15 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 999,049 photos, 127,248 members
- Random Security? 16 photos, 11 members
- National Register of Historic Places 51,999 photos, 942 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 812,169 photos, 26,433 members
- Bokeh Panoramas 3,480 photos, 1,099 members
- The Brenizer Method 6,929 photos, 5,446 members
- STORMSCAPES 15,040 photos, 1,738 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 67,518 photos, 6,028 members
- Film is Awesome! 743,929 photos, 16,497 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III 299,915 photos, 10,044 members
- Night Sky, The 45,511 photos, 5,699 members
- Texas 173,673 photos, 6,192 members
- Big Bend N.P. 5,656 photos, 620 members
- Minnesota Travel 19,291 photos, 1,109 members
- CLOSED - Kanchenjunga Winners 741 photos, 64 members
- The Nature Conservancy 909,450 photos, 40,222 members
"Clay be an amazin' photographer. His photographs is so varied, but each be finely presented .He kin capture boozefalls t'flowers, po'traits t'landscapes, and lets not fo'get about da damn barns! Right on! Ah' always look fo'ward t'see whut he gots'ta post next. Man! Not only be he talented, he be a great dude. He be always down fo' some baaaad laugh, some kind wo'd, o' gots helpful advice. One uh my favo'ite sucka's here on Flickr. Ah be baaad... Not only be he great, but so's is his fine mama...he's some lucky dude. She be a saint t'deal wid Clay! Right on! ah' love t'hate him"
October 26th, 2010
p r i m e r says:
"Clay is the kind of guy that will sell you an alpaca farm while you are standing there naked, covered in urine in a supermarket parking lot trying to enjoy your Klondike bar. He's also the guy that will hand you his book "How to Take Awesome Photographs in One Easy Step" written in binary code and autographed "ninjatastic" on the front page. That's just the type of guy he is.
He taught me everything I know. I sure wish he told me to turn the camera on first. Really, that should've been step one.
Seriously though, Clay is more awesome than you. He helped me bury that body that one time.
01101110 01101001 01101110 01101010 01100001!"
June 28th, 2010
California CPA says:
"There are "photographers", then there are "good photographers" and then there are the just wow, "how the hell does he do that photographers". Clay is part of the "gettoutohere" group. Not only is he in my VIP list but he is also a great guy that will not hesitate to share his knowledge. For me, that is the reason I come to flickr, for people like Clay. I just have to find a way to get him to move to California...."
June 15th, 2010
"Clay, I wanted to write a testimonial for you my good friend. But it's hard to know what to say when the time comes as it can often sound creepy and weird lol
Let me say that's it's been an absolute pleasure to know you on this great site and i've always enjoyed your comments on my stream. You're producing some of the most amazing photography these days, I do hope to increase my skills to your level now that I've (finally!) got an SLR !
Take care mate - have a great 2010 !!!
January 2nd, 2010
"Believe I found Clay's flickr gallery after a search of "Little Rock". It was quite by accident. I continue to be so glad for that accidental "find". What a reward! Clay's photos are exceptional. I don't care if he's posted a photo of his adorable kiddo's, his gorgeous wife, rushing waters in a stream, a pastoral meadow, a waterfall in the deep woods ... it will be a face - a place - a moment to remember. This guy is passionate about photography. Setting up his gear for an early morning or late evening shot is no hill for this climber. Clay really "gets" the technical details of photography and has his faithful following of techies/tekkies. On the flip side, there's a crazy fun and quirky element to Clay's gallery ... sometimes hilarious bantering back and forth ... so, I tend to "expect the unexpected" when visiting. He's serious and yet not so serious. It's a great fusion! As an almost-full-time resident of Arkansas, I have a solid appreciation for the way Clay showcases the beauty of The Natural State. I am an enthusiastic fan of his photography, and appreciate his encouragement as I fiercely go forth with my Canon PowerShot A610. :)) He reminds me that it all begins with "seeing" ... so I will add this appropos quote as to Clay's work:
"Good photographic composition is merely the strongest way of seeing." -Edward Weston"
September 1st, 2009
"In 1972 a crack commando was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. This man (allegedly now known as Clayton Wells) promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade and is even now on the run from the government hidden somewhere in the Deep South.
Supposedly his deep cover includes being the founder member of the Arkansas cricket appreciation society, three lovely children and a beautiful wife.
He is reputed to be a trained demolitions expert and a black belt necromancer - whatever happens - if you see him near a bridge or cemetery - run."
June 17th, 2009
Jeff Engelhardt says:
"It was the mid-1930's and I was perusing Pentax Quarterly magazine, when I stumbled upon an advert recommending I chant the name 'Clay Wells' three times in a strange voice.
I did so, and shortly thereafter appeared a bento box in my hand. I opened it to find a helping of sesame chicken, two wontons, and a small, frightened, rare species of orangutan. That, my friends, was Clay Wells."
May 30th, 2009
M.P. Bordelon says:
"o hai. itz clai! hez ze greetest fotograffer evuh!"
March 14th, 2009
Doug van Kampen says:
"Now you see, Clayton seems to come from nowhere and blast me with comments, even when I haven't been around for a while. He's the epitome of what flickr should be - always giving and never expecting in return. His frames are truly unique in their own right and offer a glimpse into the world which surrounds his daily life. I find it rather enjoyable to watch another photographer constantly striving to experiment and pool their "audience" to find out what people like. He has no reservations about how many versions of the same image to post, requesting feedback from all those willing to give it. This *is* what the flickr community is all about.
Clayton is quite obviously a devoted Husband, Father, Photographer, and Friend."
January 3rd, 2009
Extra Medium says:
"Clay was showing all the other students his gnarly blood blister on his elbow when the teacher came by and popped it with a sharp stick! Owww! he exclaimed as the contents fell systematically to the floor. I was new to the class so I didn't know if this was typical of Photography class or if the teacher was ex-military or what. We all waited until sunset and then there it was, the golden colors of the evening sun. We all snapped away at the sun trying to keep in mind all the fundamentals the teacher disciplined us on. Clay was out in the opposite direction, shooting birds, rocks and some other random things. What I realized right then and there was that just because what everyone else shoots, doesn't mean it'll be good. Clay understood this, and he brings that same mentality to his shots now. I'd be happy to share my camera with him any day of the week, but not his shirt; it's probably all full of blood and goo."
October 29th, 2008
"I know Clay from the critique group where his photography has shown a development and evolution at a phenomenal speed. I really can't wait to see what Clayton is producing a year from now or if he can continue to improve at the incredible rate he has already shown."
October 6th, 2008
- Clayton Wells
- June 2006
- The Red Stick
- Little Rock
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Baby Duck Juggler, Free-style rapper
- C. Wells Photography