Thank you for looking at my work.
I've been interested in photography since I was a boy growing up in the Netherlands, and still love to shoot any subject that catches my eye. I have a soft spot for old film cameras but I use digital as well. Both have their place.
My work has appeared in various publications and websites, including:
“New York City Yesterday and Today” by Linda Tagliaferro; Publications International; 2009.
“Building New York – The Rise and Fall of the Greatest City on Earth” by Bruce Mashall.
Universe Publishing, a division of Rizzoli International; 2005.
The Grove Encyclopedia of American Art, Vol 1.
Oxford University Press; 2011
"Central Park NYC - An Architectural View"
by Andrew Zega and Bernd H. Dams
Rizzoli, New York 2013.
My wife and I wife reside in New York City, a place that offers endless possibilities for a photographer.
All photos © Cornelis Verwaal. All rights reserved.
Art prints and greeting cards are available at my FineArt Shop
Download photos for personal or commercial use on My Website
Photos of CVerwaal (8)
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 34,686 photos, 2,064 members
- Olympus OM Lenses on Micro 4/3rds Bodies 2,316 photos, 281 members
- fire hydrants 3,873 photos, 906 members
- Snug Harbor Grounds 124 photos, 9 members
- The New York Botanical Garden 4,438 photos, 350 members
- Olympus Stylus TG-4 Group 238 photos, 88 members
- Whitney Museum 261 photos, 169 members
- Sony RX100M3 14,728 photos, 1,867 members
- Olympus Body Cap Lens 9mm f/8.0 | BCL-0980 467 photos, 99 members
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 46,310 photos, 2,004 members
- in explore 534,367 photos, 49,381 members
- Get Olympus 225,604 photos, 4,152 members
- Colombia or Ms. Colombia and his poodle Carino 201 photos, 74 members
- Bryant Park 2,514 photos, 147 members
- Lumix GX7 Photography 6,702 photos, 271 members
- Panasonic Lumix GX7 28,422 photos, 1,954 members
- 40mm Olympus Zuiko f/2 (OM Lens) 201 photos, 28 members
- RICOH GR with 16.2MP APS-C CMOS aka Pentax Ricoh IMAGING GR 37,422 photos, 1,520 members
- Inviting Images 21,697 photos, 235 members
- Olympus 12mm f/2 Micro Four Thirds Lens 10,104 photos, 935 members
- Panasonic Lumix 8mm fish-eye 620 photos, 98 members
- Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5 ASPH. pancake 21,329 photos, 1,713 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 24,084 photos, 2,248 members
- Friends of the High Line 24,877 photos, 2,324 members
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300 f4.0-5.6 Mega OIS 6,978 photos, 527 members
- Olympus M. Zuiko 12mm f/2.0 11,118 photos, 656 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f/1.8 16,534 photos, 1,661 members
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus µFT 42,257 photos, 2,596 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro 17,716 photos, 1,542 members
- µ[mju:]-II 39,775 photos, 3,414 members
- Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8 | BCL-1580 3,020 photos, 595 members
- OMD EM5 with manual lens 6,309 photos, 472 members
- Olympus Tough TG-2 and TG-1 iHS 6,340 photos, 373 members
- elegance in art, graphics and design 32,953 photos, 317 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 16,096 photos, 2,856 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 187,404 photos, 5,044 members
- Olympus Compacts (film) 18,128 photos, 997 members
- GreenNYC 667 photos, 304 members
- *Umbrella* 6,407 photos, 1,935 members
- Canon PowerShot S100 25,923 photos, 1,649 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 93,976 photos, 1,327 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 422,182 photos, 12,275 members
- Girls With Mobile Phones 13,133 photos, 1,260 members
- Castles from the world. 62,692 photos, 4,830 members
- Show Off Your Micro 4/3 Camera 1,695 photos, 561 members
- The Digital Story - Digital Photography Public Group 55,157 photos, 3,078 members
- Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group 77,811 photos, 971 members
- Panasonic Micro and Four Thirds Photographers 146,285 photos, 3,697 members
- The Panasonic G3 25,164 photos, 872 members
- Canon AE1 59,742 photos, 5,555 members
"Cornelis is true inspiration - hands down one of the best photographers I have seen on flickr."
February 25th, 2012
Kees van Mansom says:
"Cornelis has one of the most interesting streams on Flickr. His photos are a constant inspiration to me and probably to a lot of other photographers. With his photos, Cornelis shows us common scenes in a whole new perspective. He uses many cameras for this: from simple film cameras like the Olympus Trip 35 to the more advanced digital cameras. We share our love for the OM's and the tiny XA, but with his stream Cornelis has proven for once and for all that it is not the camera but it is the photographer that makes the photo!"
August 9th, 2009
"Cornelis has a great eye for 'the right moment' and an ability to see and shoot angles that make the usual, seem unusual. A photographic talent that continually takes advantage of the light and shadows, combined with masterful composition, makes for a very enjoyable collection of images. Always a pleasure to see what shot comes next."
July 10th, 2009
Trish Mayo says:
"CVerwall is a master of composition and light. Among my favorite photographers on flickr I always look forward to seeing new photos from him. His black and white work is amazingly rich in detail and tones. The images in his photostream depict the culture, natural beauty and uniqueness of life in New York City. He has also traveled to some wonderful places over the years including China and Holland. Take the time to view his photos and be inspired and amazed as I am."
July 14th, 2008
"It gives me great pleasure to write about Cornelis' gifted photography. I have been very enriched and inspired by being able to view his beautiful work here on Flickr. He brings enormous talent and insight to bear on his photographic work and I am forever in awe of his ability to bring out the beauty of this world. His work contains such lovely symmetry and it is very apparent from viewing his stream that this photographer is a master of light and color and tone. This little testimonial pales in comparison to the contribution Cornelis' work has made in my photographic education and enjoyment. Thank you Cornelis and may you always have happy hunting in your wonderful New York City."
May 4th, 2008
"A man with a beautiful soul. I made regular visits to his stream and always found beauty flowing through his lens.
His work is so gripping and absorbing.You would definitely like his stream. I feel proud to be in his contacts list and always wait for his feedback on my pictures.
I wish him success, happiness and happy clicking""
February 29th, 2008
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Cornelis Verwaal Photography