Thank you for looking at my work.
I've been interested in photography since I was a boy growing up in the Netherlands, and still love to shoot any subject that catches my eye. I have a soft spot for old film cameras but I use digital as well. Both have their place.
My work has appeared in various publications and websites, including:
“New York City Yesterday and Today” by Linda Tagliaferro; Publications International; 2009.
“Building New York – The Rise and Fall of the Greatest City on Earth” by Bruce Mashall.
Universe Publishing, a division of Rizzoli International; 2005.
The Grove Encyclopedia of American Art, Vol 1.
Oxford University Press; 2011
"Central Park NYC - An Architectural View"
by Andrew Zega and Bernd H. Dams
Rizzoli, New York 2013.
My wife and I wife reside in New York City, a place that offers endless possibilities for a photographer.
All photos © Cornelis Verwaal. All rights reserved.
Art prints and greeting cards are available at my FineArt Shop
Download photos for personal or commercial use on My Website
Photos of CVerwaal (9)
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 33,888 photos, 1,535 members
- in explore 382,177 photos, 32,582 members
- Get Olympus 175,282 photos, 3,762 members
- Colombia or Ms. Colombia and his poodle Carino 199 photos, 73 members
- Bryant Park 2,392 photos, 141 members
- Lumix GX7 Photography 4,795 photos, 207 members
- Panasonic Lumix GX7 17,471 photos, 1,524 members
- 40mm Olympus Zuiko f/2 (OM Lens) 149 photos, 21 members
- RICOH GR with 16.2MP APS-C CMOS aka Pentax Ricoh IMAGING GR 25,178 photos, 1,117 members
- Inviting Images 15,200 photos, 219 members
- Olympus 12mm f/2 Micro Four Thirds Lens 8,300 photos, 724 members
- Panasonic Lumix 8mm fish-eye 549 photos, 91 members
- Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5 ASPH. pancake 19,132 photos, 1,606 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 19,203 photos, 1,800 members
- Friends of the High Line 23,367 photos, 2,237 members
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300 f4.0-5.6 Mega OIS 7,019 photos, 455 members
- Olympus M. Zuiko 12mm f/2.0 10,193 photos, 612 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f/1.8 12,641 photos, 1,301 members
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus µFT 36,198 photos, 2,333 members
- T-POP T-POOP! 160 photos, 37 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro 11,558 photos, 1,153 members
- µ[mju:]-II 36,415 photos, 3,068 members
- Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8 | BCL-1580 2,541 photos, 544 members
- OMD EM5 with manual lens 5,356 photos, 395 members
- Olympus Tough TG-2 and TG-1 iHS 5,993 photos, 368 members
- elegance in art, graphics and design 28,661 photos, 295 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 15,272 photos, 2,760 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 137,968 photos, 4,162 members
- Olympus Compacts 16,628 photos, 899 members
- GreenNYC 635 photos, 301 members
- *Umbrella* 5,741 photos, 1,829 members
- Canon PowerShot S100 24,970 photos, 1,633 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 76,073 photos, 1,157 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 318,611 photos, 10,532 members
- Girls With Mobile Phones 11,414 photos, 1,216 members
- Castles from the world. 61,183 photos, 4,652 members
- Show Off Your Micro 4/3 Camera 1,537 photos, 530 members
- The Digital Story - Digital Photography Public Group 46,620 photos, 2,894 members
- Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group 58,254 photos, 852 members
- Panasonic Micro and Four Thirds Photographers 119,268 photos, 3,336 members
- The Panasonic G3 23,553 photos, 865 members
- Canon AE1 53,086 photos, 5,009 members
- New York City Landmarks & Icons 95,132 photos, 7,729 members
- Grainy Pleasures 49,020 photos, 1,500 members
- Konica Auto S2 2,266 photos, 407 members
- Amici della Street Photography 8,428 photos, 414 members
- Silver Efex Pro 56,341 photos, 2,621 members
- Micro Four Thirds cameras using alternative & legacy lenses 74,713 photos, 3,020 members
- New York City through Its People 322 photos, 93 members
- Crazy Shadows - Ombre Pazze 5,099 photos, 427 members
"Cornelis is true inspiration - hands down one of the best photographers I have seen on flickr."
February 25th, 2012
Kees van Mansom says:
"Cornelis has one of the most interesting streams on Flickr. His photos are a constant inspiration to me and probably to a lot of other photographers. With his photos, Cornelis shows us common scenes in a whole new perspective. He uses many cameras for this: from simple film cameras like the Olympus Trip 35 to the more advanced digital cameras. We share our love for the OM's and the tiny XA, but with his stream Cornelis has proven for once and for all that it is not the camera but it is the photographer that makes the photo!"
August 9th, 2009
"Cornelis has a great eye for 'the right moment' and an ability to see and shoot angles that make the usual, seem unusual. A photographic talent that continually takes advantage of the light and shadows, combined with masterful composition, makes for a very enjoyable collection of images. Always a pleasure to see what shot comes next."
July 10th, 2009
Trish Mayo says:
"CVerwall is a master of composition and light. Among my favorite photographers on flickr I always look forward to seeing new photos from him. His black and white work is amazingly rich in detail and tones. The images in his photostream depict the culture, natural beauty and uniqueness of life in New York City. He has also traveled to some wonderful places over the years including China and Holland. Take the time to view his photos and be inspired and amazed as I am."
July 14th, 2008
"It gives me great pleasure to write about Cornelis' gifted photography. I have been very enriched and inspired by being able to view his beautiful work here on Flickr. He brings enormous talent and insight to bear on his photographic work and I am forever in awe of his ability to bring out the beauty of this world. His work contains such lovely symmetry and it is very apparent from viewing his stream that this photographer is a master of light and color and tone. This little testimonial pales in comparison to the contribution Cornelis' work has made in my photographic education and enjoyment. Thank you Cornelis and may you always have happy hunting in your wonderful New York City."
May 4th, 2008
"A man with a beautiful soul. I made regular visits to his stream and always found beauty flowing through his lens.
His work is so gripping and absorbing.You would definitely like his stream. I feel proud to be in his contacts list and always wait for his feedback on my pictures.
I wish him success, happiness and happy clicking""
February 29th, 2008
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Cornelis Verwaal Photography