Thank you for looking at my work.
I've been interested in photography since I was a boy growing up in the Netherlands, and still love to shoot any subject that catches my eye. I have a soft spot for old film cameras but I use digital as well. Both have their place.
My work has appeared in various publications and websites, including:
“New York City Yesterday and Today” by Linda Tagliaferro; Publications International; 2009.
“Building New York – The Rise and Fall of the Greatest City on Earth” by Bruce Mashall.
Universe Publishing, a division of Rizzoli International; 2005.
The Grove Encyclopedia of American Art, Vol 1.
Oxford University Press; 2011
"Central Park NYC - An Architectural View"
by Andrew Zega and Bernd H. Dams
Rizzoli, New York 2013.
My wife and I wife reside in New York City, a place that offers endless possibilities for a photographer.
All photos © Cornelis Verwaal. All rights reserved.
Art prints and greeting cards are available at my FineArt Shop
Download photos for personal or commercial use on My Website
Photos of CVerwaal (8)
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 34,215 photos, 2,044 members
- Olympus OM Lenses on Micro 4/3rds Bodies 2,217 photos, 272 members
- fire hydrants 3,859 photos, 904 members
- Snug Harbor Grounds 114 photos, 8 members
- The New York Botanical Garden 4,353 photos, 347 members
- Olympus Stylus TG-4 Group 117 photos, 48 members
- Whitney Museum 256 photos, 168 members
- Sony RX100M3 12,522 photos, 1,701 members
- Olympus Body Cap Lens 9mm f/8.0 | BCL-0980 403 photos, 85 members
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 42,889 photos, 1,870 members
- in explore 493,295 photos, 45,439 members
- Get Olympus 214,644 photos, 4,060 members
- Colombia or Ms. Colombia and his poodle Carino 201 photos, 74 members
- Bryant Park 2,485 photos, 146 members
- Lumix GX7 Photography 6,190 photos, 257 members
- Panasonic Lumix GX7 26,211 photos, 1,864 members
- 40mm Olympus Zuiko f/2 (OM Lens) 183 photos, 26 members
- RICOH GR with 16.2MP APS-C CMOS aka Pentax Ricoh IMAGING GR 34,014 photos, 1,441 members
- Inviting Images 20,339 photos, 233 members
- Olympus 12mm f/2 Micro Four Thirds Lens 9,841 photos, 859 members
- Panasonic Lumix 8mm fish-eye 601 photos, 98 members
- Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5 ASPH. pancake 20,521 photos, 1,689 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 22,527 photos, 2,093 members
- Friends of the High Line 24,621 photos, 2,309 members
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300 f4.0-5.6 Mega OIS 6,938 photos, 507 members
- Olympus M. Zuiko 12mm f/2.0 10,966 photos, 649 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f/1.8 15,294 photos, 1,553 members
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus µFT 40,997 photos, 2,534 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro 16,570 photos, 1,425 members
- µ[mju:]-II 38,901 photos, 3,312 members
- Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8 | BCL-1580 2,925 photos, 584 members
- OMD EM5 with manual lens 6,054 photos, 462 members
- Olympus Tough TG-2 and TG-1 iHS 6,256 photos, 373 members
- elegance in art, graphics and design 31,797 photos, 309 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 15,868 photos, 2,842 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 175,298 photos, 4,853 members
- Olympus Compacts (film) 17,737 photos, 969 members
- GreenNYC 659 photos, 302 members
- *Umbrella* 6,252 photos, 1,907 members
- Canon PowerShot S100 25,732 photos, 1,637 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 89,528 photos, 1,283 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 397,365 photos, 11,872 members
- Girls With Mobile Phones 12,675 photos, 1,248 members
- Castles from the world. 63,991 photos, 4,792 members
- Show Off Your Micro 4/3 Camera 1,644 photos, 546 members
- The Digital Story - Digital Photography Public Group 53,092 photos, 3,043 members
- Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group 72,936 photos, 925 members
- Panasonic Micro and Four Thirds Photographers 139,978 photos, 3,609 members
- The Panasonic G3 24,962 photos, 876 members
- Canon AE1 58,409 photos, 5,398 members
"Cornelis is true inspiration - hands down one of the best photographers I have seen on flickr."
February 25th, 2012
Kees van Mansom says:
"Cornelis has one of the most interesting streams on Flickr. His photos are a constant inspiration to me and probably to a lot of other photographers. With his photos, Cornelis shows us common scenes in a whole new perspective. He uses many cameras for this: from simple film cameras like the Olympus Trip 35 to the more advanced digital cameras. We share our love for the OM's and the tiny XA, but with his stream Cornelis has proven for once and for all that it is not the camera but it is the photographer that makes the photo!"
August 9th, 2009
"Cornelis has a great eye for 'the right moment' and an ability to see and shoot angles that make the usual, seem unusual. A photographic talent that continually takes advantage of the light and shadows, combined with masterful composition, makes for a very enjoyable collection of images. Always a pleasure to see what shot comes next."
July 10th, 2009
Trish Mayo says:
"CVerwall is a master of composition and light. Among my favorite photographers on flickr I always look forward to seeing new photos from him. His black and white work is amazingly rich in detail and tones. The images in his photostream depict the culture, natural beauty and uniqueness of life in New York City. He has also traveled to some wonderful places over the years including China and Holland. Take the time to view his photos and be inspired and amazed as I am."
July 14th, 2008
"It gives me great pleasure to write about Cornelis' gifted photography. I have been very enriched and inspired by being able to view his beautiful work here on Flickr. He brings enormous talent and insight to bear on his photographic work and I am forever in awe of his ability to bring out the beauty of this world. His work contains such lovely symmetry and it is very apparent from viewing his stream that this photographer is a master of light and color and tone. This little testimonial pales in comparison to the contribution Cornelis' work has made in my photographic education and enjoyment. Thank you Cornelis and may you always have happy hunting in your wonderful New York City."
May 4th, 2008
"A man with a beautiful soul. I made regular visits to his stream and always found beauty flowing through his lens.
His work is so gripping and absorbing.You would definitely like his stream. I feel proud to be in his contacts list and always wait for his feedback on my pictures.
I wish him success, happiness and happy clicking""
February 29th, 2008
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Cornelis Verwaal Photography