I'm on a personal mission to document the dead fish, and dead fish paraphanilia of the world. It's not a glamorous job, but somebody's got to do it. Donations in the form of airline tickets, camera gear or cold hard cash are certainly appreciated. thx.
Don't mess with karma; don't use my photos without explicit permission. Karma doesn't even care if you're just using them on your blog, or tumblr, or any other non-commercial usage. Karma is ruthless.
FACEBOOK | BLOG
- Interior Architecture 47,399 photos, 3,935 members
- INTERIOR DESIGN - MODERN MINIMALISM portfolios 33,685 photos, 4,097 members
- Best of Interior Design 26,317 photos, 2,613 members
- Interior Design 99,407 photos, 13,464 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,393,918 photos, 35,606 members
- D850 Nikon Series (also D810, D800, D800E) 156,304 photos, 3,391 members
- The Brenizer Method 7,530 photos, 5,911 members
- Stop the Moment! Photojournalism... 47,665 photos, 1,285 members
- Global Photojournalism 530,666 photos, 24,328 members
- Singapore Images 203,199 photos, 7,725 members
- Nikon SB-910 Speedlight 5,524 photos, 243 members
- Travel Photojournalism 115,437 photos, 14,113 members
- Photo Contest by Vantage Shanghai 97 photos, 16 members
- Flash Light Photography Expeditions 1,695 photos, 153 members
- Indonesia 132,731 photos, 5,791 members
- Singapore Travel Month 2011 312 photos, 42 members
- Malaysia Images 187,753 photos, 8,280 members
- Rêveurs // Dreamers 1,682 photos, 62 members
- octopus on yo head 1,243 photos, 631 members
- Professional looking food photography 204,267 photos, 17,572 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 84,372 photos, 6,095 members
- Weddings :: candid moments 2,767 photos, 494 members
- Wedding Photography 258,780 photos, 52,784 members
- Dip-It-Thursday 1,250 photos, 674 members
- 24/7 Bokeh Life "We have four winners!!!" 80,279 photos, 4,894 members
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S 74,437 photos, 2,017 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 421,885 photos, 38,357 members
- Nikon Capture NX Users Group 96,779 photos, 4,540 members
- Long Exposures 690,251 photos, 45,766 members
- Naturey Crap 94,675 photos, 2,969 members
- Singapore 223,034 photos, 7,072 members
- Food Porn 819,596 photos, 63,300 members
- Southeast Asia Images 360,447 photos, 8,362 members
- Bokeh Wednesday 51,112 photos, 2,837 members
- Dead Fish 6,787 photos, 2,067 members
- Travel Photography 5,292,846 photos, 152,839 members
dwayne miras says:
"Carl is one of best photographers that I've seen in my life, I used to come back and revisit all the time her Flickr gallery. She has an amazing eye for portraits, light, composition and everything that shots becomes an unique and amazing picture.
I love her pics!"
April 21st, 2012
Indonesia Eats says:
"I always love her shots, esp with the colour of every shot that she has taken.
Being far away from my home country has made me enjoy her travelling photos in Indonesia. Keep up the good works, Carli!"
September 11th, 2010
SemiCharmedLife (☯) says:
"I have to speak up about my favorite exotic world traveling, globe trotting, Lonely Planet photographer. Carli just has a way with fish and exotic locales. Flowers, beaches, seascapes, food and indigenous culture are all captured in stunning, colorful, natural detail. There is just an ease and beauty in her work that comes out looking natural and unprocessed. Please check out her beautiful stream!"
March 11th, 2010
"i live vicariously in southeast asia through carli's photos. they are just simply wonderful. the color, composition, the food, the people, ... everything comes alive in her shots. sometimes she is too hard on herself, and that's when i want to poke her in the arm to give her a gentle reminder to stop. =)
though i've not met her, carli's best asset is her honesty, which permeates through her words and comments in others' photos. i love her openness, wit and sarcasm. she is genuine and down-to-earth. and, she didn't pay me a cent for this testimonial. =P
carli, you make me smile!
October 8th, 2009
"Carli is an shockingly talented photographer who manages to remain humble. Her comments, always make me laugh as she possesses a wonderful witty sense of humor. I consider myself lucky to have such a divine Flickr friend. Thanks for all the laughs, Carli!"
August 14th, 2009
"Irreverent. Irascible (You have the Aunty in PJ to thank for that). Incorrigible (Hmm... the last one is almost a compliment). Carli is all this and MORE! But that's another story for my upcoming warts and all blog.
As Gustavo's owner, she certainly tortured him well - exposing him to rain, seawater, sand and teenage Burmese monks ( the last one is more lens related but lets not get into details).
If she was my sister, I would have absolutely hated her. And god forbid that I have a daughter like her.
BUT as a fellow photog, I can only say this - "Girl, you rock"."
August 13th, 2009
Wendy * Darling says:
"I am so thrilled to have Carli as one of my closest flickr friends! (Shhh... she might not know it, but she is!) She is always right there with a kind word or supportive comment... she truly is the sweetest girl.
But enough about her... Oh my stinkin' hell.... her photography makes me weak in the knees. She has the ability to make me fall deeply, passionately in love with each and every one of her subjects... especially those adorable monks! I can't get enough of the vivid colors and sparkle in her shots.
Now if only I could get her to come for visit... maybe someday...."
August 12th, 2009
| Z E R O | says:
"CARLI.....Hmmmmm, well two simple words. "SHE ROCKS!" Carli is one of my favorite Flickr contacts and I consider a friend since shes been on my list quite a while:) Her skills are perfect with her savage D300! I like to call her... THE NAT GEO PHOTOGRAPHER! Her style reminds me so much of that is awesome! GRAT JOB CARLI KEEP IT UP!!!!
August 10th, 2009
"Carli is not at all a noob with a D700 - she is so gifted in capturing great scenes and moods. It is always a pleasure following her photography!"
June 26th, 2009
deserted copper says:
"Carli, my love. Don't let her fool you, though she claims to be a "noob with a d700" she's such an awesome photographer! I look forward to her uploading on a daily basis. She makes me want to move to S'pore so we can go on photo adventures! :)"
January 11th, 2009
four drop says:
"Carlina its the prettiest girl in AAAAAAAALL Singapore! You can have pretty damn sure of it!
And she i the coolest girl too, veeery kind and nice...BUT, this ins't enough!!!
Its because she is a pretty pretty gifted photografer,in fact, one of the bests I ever meet in my whole life! OMG! I could marry her right now for being such this incredible person with me :)
So if you don't know her, you wasting so much time...
I love you, C.♥
October 30th, 2008
- August 2006
- Singapore | Vancouver | Bangkok
- Singapore, Singapore
- I am: