Since I have been posting on Flickr, I have been continuously inspired by the remarkable work I see posted here -- it has repeatedly opened my eyes to new possibilities of communicating with a camera. The encouragement, advice and criticism I get from a wide range of folks here has been a welcome support as I learn more about photography every time I take my camera out of the bag.
My main subjects are birds, boats, sunrise/sunsets, and assorted wildlife -- but I'll shoot anything if it's interesting and I come across it in a good light. I live on an island so a lot of my shots include water; which is just as well because light does interesting things around water.
I use a Nikon D90
and a Nikon D50.
The lenses I use:
Nikon 18-55mm, F/3.5-5.6
Quantaray 55-200mm, F/4-5.6
Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED - VR
Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED - VR
I like to stay current with my contacts, so I try to keep my contact list a reasonable size. For that reason I may not list everyone who makes me a contact as a contact in return -- but I visit a lot of photostreams. There are incredible photographers on Flickr; I enjoy looking around.
Please don't use ANY of my images without asking first -- if it's for an environmental, educational, or other non-profit purpose, I will probably say yes. If you want to use it for a commercial purpose, contact me to make a deal.
Sadly, I have to remind some people that taking things that don't belong to you without asking is rude .... in fact it's stealing; and stealing does make you a bad person, even if you get away with it.
Stealing makes you a thief ... yeah, it really does.
If you fave one (or more) of my pictures and I notice that you have no profile or photos available -- I'll probably block you. I just find that creepy.
It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to. . . . The feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures. -Vincent Van Gogh
I also post some of my surf stuff at Magic SeaWeed: magicseaweed.com/photoLab/user/11589/
- Beauty of Waterfowl 11,641 photos, 676 members
- Thematic World: July is the month of your favorite food 3,502 photos, 175 members
- B Square 334,514 photos, 10,026 members
- "BEST OF" Post only with 5 Wildlife Awards !!! 1,971 photos, 943 members
- **HARMONY**(Post 1-Award 3) 364,923 photos, 12,813 members
- THE NATURAL WORLD OF NATURE P1/A4 151,964 photos, 9,009 members
- Exposition - An Outstanding Gallery of Talent _ Submissions Open 44,334 photos, 2,388 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,213,813 photos, 36,624 members
- Natural Colors (Only the Best) Post 1 Award 3 4,348 photos, 194 members
- Best Wildlife Photos -Animals,Insects!(NO PEOPLE/PET/BUILDINGS) 23,501 photos, 1,030 members
- Wildlife Award - Post 1, Award 2 98,484 photos, 5,531 members
- Monday Blues/ Post 1- Award 2 18,597 photos, 2,102 members
- Gorgeous Green Thursday 16,939 photos, 1,943 members
- Your VERY BEST ever / Invite Only 4,837 photos, 1,239 members
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 224,209 photos, 8,983 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,941,634 photos, 96,050 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,174,954 photos, 33,762 members
- Friendship Worldwide - Read the rules - COMMENT PLEASE ! 1,352 photos, 229 members
- EarthShots.org Entries 18,676 photos, 937 members
- Michelangelo's Box (Invited Images Only) 12,129 photos, 2,376 members
- ♥~♥Flora y Fauna ♥~♥ 33,817 photos, 2,261 members
- *Four Seasons*(Post 2, Comment 5)Four Seasons image only! 41,093 photos, 3,484 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 14,848 photos, 1,855 members
- THE BEST PICTURES OF REFLECTIONS 93,624 photos, 13,377 members
- S Johnson's Fauna Add1/award 2-mammal, insects, birds, fish! 126,112 photos, 7,267 members
- ! Quality Pixels! Post One Award Two Photos! 191,098 photos, 7,131 members
- Vision Quality 100 (P1/F2/C2) 41,313 photos, 2,562 members
- A Little Beauty - with invitation Only (post 1 comment 2) 25,987 photos, 3,436 members
- yellow | orange | red 374,766 photos, 19,049 members
- Vision Quality Group (P1/F2/C2) 99,877 photos, 4,753 members
- Wald/Forest/Forêt/Foresta/Bosque/غابة 69,375 photos, 4,336 members
- Fine-ART photos (Invite only) 36,731 photos, 9,854 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 988,270 photos, 30,039 members
- Fur & Feathers with Attitude - ENTER OUR PHOTO CONTESTS! 47,346 photos, 3,084 members
- Adorable Critters (Invite Only) 25,982 photos, 4,910 members
- Ultimate GOLD (Post 1 - Give 5 Gold Stars) 210,398 photos, 9,832 members
- Nature Outdoor Life<><>Post 1- Award 2 59,163 photos, 3,166 members
- GRRREAT WORKS.... NO PEOPLE - ONE Photo and give 2 COMMENTS ~ 76,973 photos, 4,472 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 232,882 photos, 5,566 members
- *Little stories-pics with "soul"*:Invited photos only ! 23,126 photos, 1,532 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 93,829 photos, 3,513 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 207,485 photos, 21,812 members
- Nature's Pot-of-Gold: Level 1 (p1/a3) 373,821 photos, 20,055 members
- The Photo Gods 100 photos, 28 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,052 photos, 5,105 members
- Only Nature 3,146 photos, 277 members
- Reflect your World (New! No Invite needed) 106,175 photos, 5,859 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,017 photos, 1,028 members
- BORN to be WILD 25,810 photos, 2,572 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,285,033 photos, 28,287 members
"The images on the photostream of the guy,nick-named Cruadinx reflect his empathy for the natural environs and willife on his native island refected though his brilliant landscapes,shots of boats and the sea,with a keen sense of great timing,colour and contrast,his insightful comments and visits to his photos featured on explore are also a source of inspiration for other photo enthusiasts on flickr"
October 27th, 2007
"I stumbled upon cruadinx's photos one day in Explore. There was something familiar about the scene, so I checked out his profile and sure enough that WAS Castle Hill Light ( flickr.com/photos... ). I learned that cruadinx lived in Rhode Island (my home state). I marked him as a contact because the images reminded me of my home and many of the photos were places I had taken pictures of years ago; Castle Hill, Ft. Adams, Purgatory and others.
Soon though, I was apreciating his photos for what they are, beautifully composed, with a good eye for color and a knack for catching widlife in their habitats.
His photos of sailboats and of birds, especially birds in flight show his eye for a good line (see flickr.com/photos... or flickr.com/photos... or flickr.com/photos... as do his photos of surfing ( flickr.com/photos... ). These photos are full of soft curves, grace and motion.
His wildlife photos vary from his many pictures of birds ( flickr.com/photos... ) to his early morning shots of deer ( flickr.com/photos... ) or common garden animals such as snakes and spiders ( flickr.com/photos... , flickr.com/photos... ).
He also does great landscapes, where his eye for line and form join with his sense of dramatic color to make stunning photos ( flickr.com/photos... flickr.com/photos... flickr.com/photos... flickr.com/photos... )
And lastly he's a supportive and considerate commenter, often seeing quality in photos that I've overlooked."
October 28th, 2006
- Tom McC.
- August 2006
- Rhode Island, USA
- I am: