Since I have been posting on Flickr, I have been continuously inspired by the remarkable work I see posted here -- it has repeatedly opened my eyes to new possibilities of communicating with a camera. The encouragement, advice and criticism I get from a wide range of folks here has been a welcome support as I learn more about photography every time I take my camera out of the bag.
My main subjects are birds, boats, sunrise/sunsets, and assorted wildlife -- but I'll shoot anything if it's interesting and I come across it in a good light. I live on an island so a lot of my shots include water; which is just as well because light does interesting things around water.
I use a Nikon D90
and a Nikon D50.
The lenses I use:
Nikon 18-55mm, F/3.5-5.6
Quantaray 55-200mm, F/4-5.6
Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED - VR
Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED - VR
I like to stay current with my contacts, so I try to keep my contact list a reasonable size. For that reason I may not list everyone who makes me a contact as a contact in return -- but I visit a lot of photostreams. There are incredible photographers on Flickr; I enjoy looking around.
Please don't use ANY of my images without asking first -- if it's for an environmental, educational, or other non-profit purpose, I will probably say yes. If you want to use it for a commercial purpose, contact me to make a deal.
Sadly, I have to remind some people that taking things that don't belong to you without asking is rude .... in fact it's stealing; and stealing does make you a bad person, even if you get away with it.
Stealing makes you a thief ... yeah, it really does.
If you fave one (or more) of my pictures and I notice that you have no profile or photos available -- I'll probably block you. I just find that creepy.
It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to. . . . The feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures. -Vincent Van Gogh
I also post some of my surf stuff at Magic SeaWeed: magicseaweed.com/photoLab/user/11589/
- Beauty of Waterfowl 9,041 photos, 590 members
- Thematic World: July is the month of your favorite food 3,477 photos, 176 members
- B Square 323,060 photos, 9,913 members
- "BEST OF" Post only with 5 Wildlife Awards !!! 1,981 photos, 957 members
- **HARMONY**(Post 1-Award 3) 337,397 photos, 12,543 members
- THE NATURAL WORLD OF NATURE P1/A4 142,487 photos, 8,835 members
- Exposition (Please Comment On Other Images) 42,175 photos, 2,276 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,171,063 photos, 36,244 members
- Natural Colors (Only the Best) Post 1 Award 3 3,907 photos, 198 members
- Best Wildlife Photos - Animals,Insects!! (NO PEOPLE, PETS) 19,256 photos, 1,014 members
- Wildlife Award - Post 1, Award 2 85,723 photos, 5,241 members
- Monday Blues/ Post 1- Award 2 19,096 photos, 2,406 members
- Gorgeous Green Thursday 15,803 photos, 1,913 members
- Your VERY BEST ever / Invite Only 4,864 photos, 1,248 members
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 215,608 photos, 8,976 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,823,142 photos, 96,299 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,022,777 photos, 32,122 members
- Friendship Worldwide - Read the rules - COMMENT PLEASE ! 1,394 photos, 227 members
- EarthShots.org Entries 16,418 photos, 890 members
- Michelangelo's Box (Invited Images Only) 12,184 photos, 2,391 members
- ♥~♥Flora y Fauna ♥~♥ 34,072 photos, 2,273 members
- *Four Seasons*(Post 2, Comment 5)Four Seasons image only! 38,690 photos, 3,489 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 15,012 photos, 1,857 members
- THE BEST PICTURES OF REFLECTIONS 83,694 photos, 12,744 members
- S Johnson's Fauna A1/ C 2. Surgery/come back slow 105,084 photos, 6,758 members
- ! Quality Pixels ! ~ Post 1 - Award 2 ~ 176,891 photos, 7,006 members
- Vision Quality 100 (P1/F2/C2) 41,623 photos, 2,582 members
- A Little Beauty - with invitation Only (post 1 comment 2) 23,932 photos, 3,408 members
- yellow | orange | red 345,929 photos, 18,436 members
- Vision Quality Group (P1/F2/C2) 100,718 photos, 4,801 members
- Wald/Forest/Forêt/Foresta/Bosque/غابة 53,453 photos, 3,659 members
- Fine-ART photos (Invite only) 36,000 photos, 9,926 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 926,329 photos, 29,264 members
- Fur & Feathers with Attitude - ENTER OUR PHOTO CONTESTS! 45,464 photos, 3,093 members
- Adorable Critters (Invite Only) 25,968 photos, 4,940 members
- Ultimate GOLD (Post 1 - Give 5 Gold Stars) 202,894 photos, 9,833 members
- Nature Outdoor Life<><>Post 1- Award 2 58,284 photos, 3,163 members
- GRRREAT WORKS.... Post ONE Photo and give 2 COMMENTS, PLEASE!!! 74,965 photos, 4,386 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 198,707 photos, 5,311 members
- *Little stories-pics with "soul"*:Invited photos only ! 21,558 photos, 1,503 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 88,543 photos, 3,503 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 202,405 photos, 21,748 members
- Nature's Pot-of-Gold: Level 1 (p1/a3) 354,779 photos, 19,728 members
- The Photo Gods 83 photos, 27 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,416 photos, 5,112 members
- Only Nature 3,272 photos, 279 members
- Reflect your World (New! No Invite needed) 90,311 photos, 5,731 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,064 photos, 1,032 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,854 photos, 2,443 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,114,341 photos, 26,315 members
"The images on the photostream of the guy,nick-named Cruadinx reflect his empathy for the natural environs and willife on his native island refected though his brilliant landscapes,shots of boats and the sea,with a keen sense of great timing,colour and contrast,his insightful comments and visits to his photos featured on explore are also a source of inspiration for other photo enthusiasts on flickr"
October 27th, 2007
"I stumbled upon cruadinx's photos one day in Explore. There was something familiar about the scene, so I checked out his profile and sure enough that WAS Castle Hill Light ( flickr.com/photos... ). I learned that cruadinx lived in Rhode Island (my home state). I marked him as a contact because the images reminded me of my home and many of the photos were places I had taken pictures of years ago; Castle Hill, Ft. Adams, Purgatory and others.
Soon though, I was apreciating his photos for what they are, beautifully composed, with a good eye for color and a knack for catching widlife in their habitats.
His photos of sailboats and of birds, especially birds in flight show his eye for a good line (see flickr.com/photos... or flickr.com/photos... or flickr.com/photos... as do his photos of surfing ( flickr.com/photos... ). These photos are full of soft curves, grace and motion.
His wildlife photos vary from his many pictures of birds ( flickr.com/photos... ) to his early morning shots of deer ( flickr.com/photos... ) or common garden animals such as snakes and spiders ( flickr.com/photos... , flickr.com/photos... ).
He also does great landscapes, where his eye for line and form join with his sense of dramatic color to make stunning photos ( flickr.com/photos... flickr.com/photos... flickr.com/photos... flickr.com/photos... )
And lastly he's a supportive and considerate commenter, often seeing quality in photos that I've overlooked."
October 28th, 2006
- Tom McC.
- August 2006
- Rhode Island, USA
- I am: