i am an amatuer photographer who is just looking to grow and get better
i have had film cameras my whoile life but digital changed everything. i bought my first digital camera in 1999. it was an olympus d450. (wow! 1.2 megapixels and a 1280x960 resolution). in the summer of 2000 i moved on to the canon powershot s100. wow, wat a great camera in a small package. i had the 200, the 230 and currently still have the 400 in the series. however, in march 2005, i bought the nikon d70 and nothing has really been the same.
in august of 2004 i posted my first picture to flickr. i had joined a month earlier and was instantly hooked. i remember i spent a night sitting at my kitchen table refreshing the screen looking at "everyones photos" as they came in. you had to refresh every 30 seconds (or more sometimes) back then to get new pics.
the second nail in my flickr coffin was chase. chase was and still is my favorite group ever on flickr. i met all of the old time flickr greats and was happy to be a part of it.
finally, i have gotten a lot of my real-world group of friends on flickr and it makes me happy that we have a forum to share our group from all of the different corners of the world in which we live. it is also nice that disconnected parts of my friend group can all become friends. that is magic flickr glue.
thanks for visiting
- Chicago Park District Nature Photo Contest 539 photos, 192 members
- Gaudi 25,556 photos, 3,033 members
- Barcelona Pics 190,470 photos, 9,091 members
- Barcelona 267,664 photos, 13,889 members
- Sanfermin 2,427 photos, 255 members
- rumble in the flickajungle 1,423 photos, 66 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges 165,445 photos, 16,300 members
- Objects for Layers -- Please read rules before posting 1,093 photos, 1,091 members
- Textures for Layers 14,931 photos, 16,321 members
- Gapers Block: Tailgate - all Chicago sports 1,592 photos, 85 members
- Chicago History Museum 7,567 photos, 264 members
- Viet Nam Dep - Beautiful Vietnam 38,411 photos, 1,779 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 299,352 photos, 16,313 members
- Havana / La Habana 36,181 photos, 2,098 members
- Cuba - todo a lo Cubano 95,898 photos, 4,523 members
- News 21 / The American Dream 1,025 photos, 371 members
- Chi-Town Daily News 26,980 photos, 325 members
- Just Chicago Art 7,500 photos, 404 members
- Black and White Chicago 11,075 photos, 400 members
- World100F – The QualityGroup 30,107 photos, 2,592 members
- Tails Pet Magazine 5,903 photos, 510 members
- oh-live-yeah 0 photos, 5 members
- Chicago Street Art 47,361 photos, 1,907 members
- Free Art Friday 3,741 photos, 1,624 members
- Artistic Baseball 3,595 photos, 395 members
- Strobist.com 606,539 photos, 123,707 members
- Noise and Dust Through The Viewfinder 174 photos, 4,265 members
- chiditarod 1,313 photos, 35 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 299,273 photos, 15,267 members
- Abstract Photos 125,032 photos, 19,402 members
- Vehicularity 325 photos, 45 members
- 6000 views + 240 faves 4,802 photos, 444 members
- whiledriving 2,136 photos, 127 members
- ODD CHICAGO!! 2,171 photos, 195 members
- The 2007 LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon 306 photos, 47 members
- Pho 91 photos, 28 members
- My Dog looks like Gandolf and can do whatever he likes! 6 photos, 4 members
- Chicago in Decay 3,392 photos, 894 members
- Chicago Icons 16,101 photos, 1,076 members
- Skyscraper 21,473 photos, 3,735 members
- TDW/TCW 154 photos, 40 members
- Ribity 583 photos, 72 members
- hot doug's 71 photos, 30 members
- ¡Boricuas! 7,554 photos, 362 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 544,453 photos, 28,547 members
- Chicagoland 73,681 photos, 1,011 members
- LOOPTOPIA 731 photos, 36 members
- St. Louis 50,631 photos, 2,737 members
- Cool Globes 230 photos, 43 members
- UltimateSkyscraperShots 4,821 photos, 1,508 members
"Jimmy's pics were always good, but then he went a-travelling. And now they are WOW! What an eye for composition and colour, and what an all-round cool guy :)"
August 24th, 2006
"If nothing else, Jaymce was a great half-troublemaker (HG+beer) at the San Francisco meetups, though I will miss him now that he beat me in moving to Chicago.
Photgraphically Jaymce and I both have sort of scattered styles, in my opinion, but he is amazing nonetheless. He has shot up the Flickr talent ladder (as it were, no bitterness, he is better, nooo bitterness) like a rocket, and is still on his way up. I look forward to seeing the tail end of his SE Asia set, and future shoots.
August 13th, 2006
"jaymce - you rock my world, always have. with your recommendations of good restaurants, your delicious risotto and chicago-style dinners, and the finer things... and your precious little doggy that i can't get enough of... and your generosity... and the fun times i've had with you. you are quality peeps, i'm happy to have you in my life. don't change, freak that you are - i love you for being you."
August 17th, 2005
Sugar Booger says:
"jimmy photographs like he cooks...he doesn't believe in the cookie cutter recipes....in fact, he's violently opposed to adhering to a formula when it comes to both art forms...(i should know, i've been in a kitchen with him around very sharp objects). He takes chances, trusts his gut, and he never disappoints. The results are always delicious concoctions that stimulate the senses and delight the soul. oh, and he's got a damn cute doggie who appears regularly in his photostream!"
August 5th, 2005
"Jimmy posts technically brilliant pictures, funny pictures, engaging half-stories, and a truly wonderful bridge. His photostream is simply fun! Watch him, like I do, regularly."
February 11th, 2005
- jimmy "good times" walker
- August 2004
- chicago, usa
- I am: