Never a dull moment.
Feel free to contact me if you're interested in using any of my images. Some of my photos are available for licensing through Getty Images.
- Life Sciences Teaching Resource 3,366 photos, 271 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 25,947 photos, 1,179 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 624,703 photos, 45,931 members
- Humanistic 8,413 photos, 2,217 members
- the rumpus room 2,972 photos, 173 members
- ~memories of children~ 39,006 photos, 1,345 members
- Getty Fails 43 photos, 19 members
- Фотографија / Photography 23,823 photos, 905 members
- Lyle & Adeline's Wedding 65 photos, 8 members
- ~ Siskiyou Shasta & Surrounding Scenery ~ 1,941 photos, 146 members
- Chickens ROCK!! 17,216 photos, 2,544 members
- Canon Canonet QL17 G-lll 36,133 photos, 5,333 members
- Campfires and the Arts of Bushcraft 5,395 photos, 782 members
- Light Sensitive Material: December Juried Show at Launch Pad 30 photos, 63 members
- the archival moon 2,063 photos, 589 members
- Boys Life 9,493 photos, 281 members
- THE ART OF SERENDIPITY - Flickr at the Getty Gallery, 2009 79 photos, 88 members
- ... barcode style 155 photos, 82 members
- Planet Money NPR 1,534 photos, 352 members
- Vélocouture 4,198 photos, 1,707 members
- 16 Things... 607 photos, 652 members
- Vintage Analogue 445,985 photos, 10,139 members
- FlickrCentral 9,223,791 photos, 279,623 members
- The Portland Merry-go-Round Preservation Society 37 photos, 24 members
- Mamiya Love (FILM ONLY) 133,592 photos, 7,867 members
- Clackamas River 67 photos, 17 members
- Conspicuously Incognito 162 photos, 54 members
- ~Lost Highway~ 507 photos, 143 members
- Holga Weddings 689 photos, 142 members
- American Red Cross Pet Pool 1,084 photos, 256 members
- Looks Like A Robot 937 photos, 291 members
- Foster Powell Neighborhood 584 photos, 74 members
- YES! Magazine - Pro Peace, Anti-War Photos 459 photos, 71 members
- Portland, Oregon in Black and White 5,619 photos, 216 members
- Zero Image 22,175 photos, 1,603 members
- LP portraits 2,175 photos, 1,009 members
- Holga Color Flash (HCF) 1,143 photos, 352 members
- Mamiya TLR 42,832 photos, 3,247 members
- Cycle Seen: Picturing Portland's Bike Culture Submissions 388 photos, 197 members
- Not the 365 Days Group 1,754 photos, 195 members
- A day in a life 121 photos, 17 members
- zen abuse 0 photos, 6 members
- Eastside Egg Co-operative at Zenger Farm 229 photos, 9 members
- The Pig Pen 38 photos, 24 members
- Bike Nation 202,891 photos, 15,866 members
- Portland bike culture 6,834 photos, 551 members
- It's a girl thing 83,290 photos, 4,893 members
- It's Ornamental! 116 photos, 46 members
- Peaceful 19,006 photos, 879 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 4,884 photos, 1,051 members
absent pies says:
"cowboy_montgomery makes images that stick, that's about the best I can do at explaining their amazing appeal. They don't stick to my brain as near as I can tell; they stick to my heart, to my emotions. If they stick to my brain at all it's to my memory, which isn't to say I remember her photos (although I do), but rather that her photos somehow remember my memories.
To me, what makes c._m. so good, is that her photos seem to only whisper her talent (instead of show-boat it), keeping much of her art a mystery."
May 3rd, 2009
Rachel McCauley says:
"i've never written one of these before and i don't think my words can really express how much i love her photos. she is a great inspiration and her way of viewing life is unique and so interesting. i am grateful that she shares her world with us through her photography."
June 17th, 2008
"every single time i look at c.m.'s phototstream i am struck by what a natural photographer she is. i always want to exclaim out loud when i see her pictures. they dont look like anyone else's, they are true and unforced, complicated and beautiful in a real way.
no testimonial can do her justice, you have to see for yourself."
June 8th, 2008
The 10 cent designer says:
"cowboy montgomery uses her lens to show us the true essence of her home and family. she takes well composed photographs that never fail to make me feel as that I have always known her. she is real nice. and quite patient with trolls I might add. I recommend you make her a contact. quick!"
February 25th, 2008
"one of my favourite streams
selfless, honest imagery that is greater than the sum of its parts and so much more than a series of stills; this is human life itself, full of originality, warmth, nostalgia and the passing of time"
October 13th, 2007
"Cowboy has my favorite photostream on flickr. Not because she's a good photographer, though she is a very good photographer, but because her photographs are a way of exploring her own life. They are idiosyncratic and intimate. They aren't taken for you or to impress you, but you're welcomed in all the same.
And her kids are just crazy-cute."
July 10th, 2007
"Cowboy Montgomery is one of my favorite photographers. I can't stress enough how much I like how she captures the surreality of the everyday. But I also love how she easily can tell a joke with one image, and in the next touch your heart."
June 13th, 2007
"Cowboy's an original - creative, authentic, cool - and always an inspiration. I love that her stuff is both fresh and "old school" at the same time...and always has her special touch."
May 5th, 2007
"She has become my favourite flickr photographer."
April 4th, 2007
"Cowboy keeps it real when other hippies go to Starbuck's. Ask her about her Holga."
March 24th, 2007
Mark Stosberg says:
"Her photos are consistently enjoyable&mdash full of honesty and unique perspectives."
February 4th, 2007
: Damien says:
"In this day and age it seems hard to find honesty residing with beauty. What I found here, was an eye, a voice, that shows with each frame something honest and by that very nature, beautiful. I look foward to watching the journey unfold."
January 30th, 2007
Cassie FX says:
"Her images are so inspiring. Some are magical, some are whimsical, some look ordinary but somehow manage to be something special....I love looking at her work. It's got something different that makes it stand right out from everybody else's."
January 18th, 2007
- November 2006
- Randolph, Vermont
- Portland, Oregon
- I am:
- Female and Taken