After four years on Flickr, the time has come for me to say goodbye. I am very grateful to have met so many wonderful people, and I would like to thank everyone whose friendship and photographs have enriched my life.
My account is now a private archive, but if you are interested in some of the things I did on Flickr in the past, you can take a look at a few of the groups I started:
And on your travels through Flickr, please take a moment to visit a group that is very close to my heart: Keep Reaching for a Star in 2009. Please join and help Brazilian street kids have a better life...
- Larkhall Festival 2014 137 photos, 11 members
- Ellatron! 14 photos, 3 members
- Everhot! 6 photos, 6 members
- SoGlos.com - The online magazine for Gloucestershire 15,478 photos, 352 members
- Bloomsbury Group 620 photos, 106 members
- Lightzone 6,578 photos, 590 members
- International Garden Photographer of the Year 4,611 photos, 641 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 65,296 photos, 12,863 members
- Quizz (invited only, plz! :) 177 photos, 375 members
- Britain's Buildings in Pictures 121,066 photos, 4,836 members
- The Archi-photographical Oasis 4,584 photos, 209 members
- British Bugs - Heteroptera only! :-) 14,426 photos, 332 members
- National Geographic - by Italian People 84,967 photos, 6,269 members
- **FlickrsBest** 252,175 photos, 17,222 members
- Landmark Trust UK 12,303 photos, 570 members
- A Guide To The Birds Of Europe 174,830 photos, 2,089 members
- Martin Randall Travel 15 photos, 2 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 485,537 photos, 63,610 members
- `Bokeh: Photo of the Day - NO DIRECT POSTING! 750 photos, 569 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,467,130 photos, 74,843 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,248 photos, 7,439 members
- Flickrzen (pool posting by invitation only) 814 photos, 659 members
- Exposition *HugoPan* 516 photos, 404 members
- My best of 2005 119 photos, 123 members
- National Trust 91,330 photos, 5,881 members
- Idyll 23,533 photos, 1,143 members
- Ponds 18,243 photos, 2,412 members
- Celebrating English Gardens 9,377 photos, 1,607 members
"Please take a moment and look through Corydoras photostream, you´ll find delightful photos capturing the feeling of the English gardens and nature. The DoF in her photos are absolutely among the best I´ve ever seen! All her macros are masterpieces, and I love her lensbabys, a technique I first discovered in her photostream.
Her comments are always positive and encouraging and even though I´ve never met her, I can feel she´s a very caring and sweet person.
Thank you for everything;-D"
March 19th, 2007
Alpine Light & Structure says:
"If the Captain may venture a testimonial .... according to Dr Johnson, Milton never learned the art of doing little things with grace. But Corydora undoubtedly has learned that art. There's much to learn about the art of the significant detail on these pages."
January 19th, 2007
Ramones Karaoke says:
"My dearest friend Corydora is the most extraordinary, talented, humble and in all respects remarkable person I have ever had the honour to know. Every minute spent with her is a joy, and every word valuable. And she's so funny without trying and without realizing.
It's just a shame she can't stand Sparks, The Ramones or Dr. Feelgood."
October 10th, 2006
"To date the only of my flickr contacts that I have met in person, Cordora distinguishes herslf both through the thoughtfulness of her coments and through her beautifully detailed photos. Her compositions are never anything other than wonderfully conceived, with an always imaginative use of colour and depth of field."
July 22nd, 2006
giant stitch says:
simply delightful :)"
June 15th, 2006
"I first met Corydora when we were both in a smaller-sized flickr group. Although she was only a member for a couple-few weeks, we interacted a fair amount during that time, and got to know each other a little bit. She struck me as a kind, open, and honest individual; I have since come to find out that my first impressions of her were dead-on.
I was fairly new to flickr at the time, and somewhat unsure of my abilities as a photographer; she, on the other hand, seemed to have a gazillion contacts and would always post these amazing photos. And yet, she still took the time to point out the things that she liked about my shots and offer various words of encouragement. That meant a lot to me, and still does...she was someone who believed in my abilities before I really believed in them. We also talked about the various struggles in our lives, and through those discussions she showed me that my doubts and fears weren't unique, that she too faced tribulation at times, but continued on in pursuit of her dreams, photography-related and otherwise. Because of her willingness to be open and honest, I came to see the similarities between us...because of her courage to continue on, I came to believe that I too could go after the dreams of my own.
When I think of Corydora, the phrase that comes to mind is "true-blue". Something I admire about her is that she is without pretense, and will not take credit for something unless she feels that she has earned it. There have been a couple times that I complimented her about a particular aspect of one of her posts, to which she replied that the thing that I liked about the photo was really the result of chance or accident. To me, that kind of humility says more about a person than any photo possibly could.
I believe that good art can only come from an artist who practices self-honesty and integrity. Corydora is someone who exemplifies both of these attributes, and through her photos we are treated to a colorful reflection of her appealing character."
April 24th, 2006
"Corydora delights us with her beautifully composed idyllic photographs. She always makes the most meaningful comments and spurs one on to do better. Her groups are havens of beauty.
Thank you Corydora, for being you!"
August 23rd, 2005
- February 2005
- I am:
- Female and Taken