First of all, thank you for all the comments and faves the flickr community has left me. I read every one and greatly appeciate you taking the time to look.
If anyone would like to ask a question on any of the photos in my stream please feel free to e-mail me.
Here is a photo of me at the top of the Great Hetha in the Cheviots, Northumberland, one of my favourite locations in the UK.
This is at a deer park in Yorkshire (couldn't get close enough to the deer so ended up messing about with a hollowed out tree trunk).
I took up photography in 2002 when I bought my first SLR (a cheap Canon). At about the same time my wife bought me a Canon IXUS V and I used the two in conjunction (one for serious shots the other for snaps). Although the film Canon was more versatile I preferred the instant feedback from the digital Canon and so slowly made the transition from film to digital.
I ditched film in 2005 and now only shoot in digital. When the Canon 400D came out I decided to make the leap into D-SLR and haven't looked back.The 400D has subsequently been upgraded to a Nikon D300
Equipment: I like to keep things simple; it saves time and money, it also helps me to concentrate on taking the image rather than choosing the equipment, so my kit list is pretty short:
I mainly take landscape shots around Yorkshire and Staffordshire, which are the two locations I live and work in, although whenever I visit other UK locations I always take a camera.
All my photographic images are copyright "All rights are reserved". Please do not use, copy or edit any of my photographs. However please feel free to contact me if you are interested in using any of my images.
Should you be interested in buying any of my artwork please check my shop PSimage or send me an e-mail.
Photos of Corica (1)
- The Best Photographers On Flickr! 3,699 photos, 186 members
- Business Networking & Referral Marketing In Staffordshire 2,070 photos, 100 members
- Project Weather 638,755 photos, 94,188 members
- Tokina Lenses - Official Tag Required 50,711 photos, 2,991 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 39,397 photos, 2,296 members
- Nikon D40/x Users 182,562 photos, 8,911 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 32,461 photos, 1,959 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,019 photos, 2,482 members
- Save The World - HQ Only - Moderated 7,594 photos, 347 members
- Love UK 12,635 photos, 723 members
- Landscape Critique Circle 50 photos, 76 members
- The Art of Landscape Composition, UK 531 photos, 117 members
- Written Light - Wales 692 photos, 75 members
- Earth Mosaic 2009 10,079 photos, 2,565 members
- Melded Exposures 149 photos, 27 members
- Landscape Light Painting 6,310 photos, 842 members
- Maria's Tree 118 photos, 41 members
- Great British & Irish Coastline - Exceptional Imagery 1,778 photos, 397 members
- "Colour Landscapes" 1,517 photos, 90 members
- Luminous Landscapes 8,415 photos, 1,579 members
- Dapa Group - Picture of the Year 2009 159 photos, 33 members
- Seascapes North East 11,135 photos, 582 members
- Freephotoguides 281 photos, 386 members
- Lichfield District 1,039 photos, 67 members
- Lichfield Flickr Meet 28 photos, 21 members
- Natural Landscapes 18,486 photos, 4,763 members
- Ardnamurchan 2,021 photos, 154 members
- Nikon D700 338,442 photos, 15,899 members
- Nikon D300 Users 579,569 photos, 17,470 members
- The Best Waterscapes 3,604 photos, 721 members
- Dapa Group - Picture of the Year 2008 150 photos, 30 members
- CLOSED Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts 663,065 photos, 34,155 members
- York flickr meet 1,254 photos, 106 members
- Super A+++ Award Queue Group 781 photos, 2,997 members
- *The Realm of Quality* 2,504 photos, 635 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 542,140 photos, 28,743 members
- WelshFlickrCymru 209,026 photos, 3,419 members
- Lunar Village - CLOSED 37,339 photos, 4,481 members
- UK Fine Art Landscape Photography (Invited) 16,422 photos, 562 members
- art of landscape 2,107 photos, 15,183 members
- Global Village 2 - CLOSED 208,600 photos, 14,230 members
- Isle of Skye 23,515 photos, 2,620 members
- Break the mould - Interesting and constructive comments group 794 photos, 73 members
- Vertoramas 14,680 photos, 1,883 members
- BEEN THERE DONE THAT UK 247 photos, 38 members
- FLAMBOROUGH East Yorkshire 1,958 photos, 275 members
- Wide Angle Britain 8,557 photos, 161 members
- MASTER PHOTO 21,805 photos, 588 members
- Robin Hoods Bay, North Yorkshire 2,295 photos, 282 members
- Star Trails 25,234 photos, 10,864 members
"Paul's seascapes have been a constant source of inspiration. His style and excellence was definitely an influence in my own work and I only hope that I can one day master the style in the same way he does. He captures the UK coastline in a way that makes everybody want to go out and start a life beachcombing. An asset to Flickr."
February 24th, 2009
"Paul is one of those people you just want to spend time with on a freezing beach at dawn, and I have to say I’m lucky enough to let my toes freeze, whilst discussing the implications of photographing dead dolphins, with the very man himself. Cheers for making that morning so interesting Paul.
His work is very distinctive both in style and quality, is always very inspiring. I remember browsing for a magazine whilst on holiday this summer, looking for interesting reading material and spotting his work jumping out from the pages. High accolade indeed!
Mind you be warned, “never under any circumstances lend him your camera”, as I bet he goes through them at a rapid pace, due to his insanely low angles and preference to long exposure... I’ve seen a good camera nearly destroyed in front of my very own eyes!!! In the name of art I be he tells himself! (o:"
January 16th, 2009
Paul Santos Photography says:
"Corica / Paul is a talented photographer no doubt. Saw one of his images in Explore (well quite a few actually) and had to see more. Thankfully he isnt shy with comments coming back either so I continue to look out for his new work. Sheer quality photography. Keep it coming!"
January 10th, 2009
"Corica is a photographer who obviously takes great care with his images - always so carefully composed and executed - demonstrating great skil with a camera. He has a great eye for composition and an evident love of the landscape. His images and comments make him an asset to all of us on Flickr."
August 2nd, 2008
BB (O.ö) says:
"Paul is one AMAZING photographer... I love his landscapes.. the way he describes the world around him is simply unique!
This is one stream I can't miss... and you shouldn't too! A feast to the eye!
Thanks You for sharing your art with us...
You are an inspiration!
July 11th, 2008
"Corica is a fantastic landscape photographer with a true eye for both a beautiful capture and fascinating colour. A pleasure to feature him in our magazine."
June 12th, 2008
"Paul, what could I say! He 's got the eye, that 's not the point. He 's got the technic, that's not the point either! He is good... it's still isn't the point. We all know that and he does too. When I look at his photostream, I take my time and look at all the details, how, where, when... A beauty for the eyes. He can do pictures as we all would like to do : Beauty in colors , places and composition. It's like looking at a book in a good shop. Thanks. For sharing all you do and all you know. Thanks a million.
April 28th, 2008
Chris Tait says:
"If you want a master class in how to take long exposure shots that show off the best of the British Isles then stop right here you have found the ideal photostream. Paul's photos are packed full of drama from the swirling seas and mists to the massive majestic skies. Not forgetting the colours that are sometimes out of this world. A pleasure to be one of his contacts and he inspires me to try harder especially around some of the locations that Paul takes photos in that are some of my favourite places in England."
March 3rd, 2008
Matthew Fang says:
""Attention pls ! attention pls ............"
I just find one nice photographer here , This man have good skill and precise quality of things you can take a look and savor from time to time , i believe you will have good time and fell even more then that ,
My friend you do have unique eye for beautiful thing i know peoples will keep tell you that and soon will be popular one if Flickr !"
November 4th, 2007
GIUSEPPE GRECO PHOTO says:
"I think Corica is one of the most talented of flickr members,i reccomend you look through her photostream.
the images of Corica are high quality and most interesting,look now the photostream!!!!"
September 19th, 2007
- Paul Corica
- June 2007
- York City, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- pcorica [at] googlemail.com