** WELCOME **
I am German living near Hamburg. Cameras have been my companion since my youth. But only after i joined Flickr photography became definitely serious.
*CONTACTS* - Sorry to say but i am a bad contact. I just can't keep up with the vast numbers of the Flickr universe. I have seen people use different strategies but haven't found a suitable one for me. I just don't want to fave everything i see or write vacuous comments. So chances are that i will not revisit visitors. But be assured that if i write a comment i really mean it.
*FAVORITS* - I rarely fave images - which does not mean that i don't like them. But since the beginning i have considered my favorites as a collection of pictures that peculiarly touched me in some way or the other. A private place for me to start dreaming...
*COPYRIGHT* - Most of my photos have a Creative Commons copyright which means you can use them for non-commercial purpose if you set a link back to my stream.
Some pictures, however, stand strictly under full copyright - no use in any way without my permission. Please accept this.
Most pictures are not uploaded to Flickr with full resolution. If you need better quality just ask me.
*EQUIPMENT* - I started with a small Nikon Coolpix 5400. 2010 i bought a Canon EOS 7D and now finally the EOS 5D Mark iii. At the moment i use two really wonderful lenses namely the EF 16-35mm f/4L and the EF 70-200mm f/4L.
*FLICKR* - You are great, really! From the day i started i was overwhelmned by the diversity and quality of your photos. I have learnt so much from you! And i am thankful for your audience. But frankly, i think we should be much more critical in our comments. So if you see a fault or have an advice, please just tell it!
*Groups* - I am admin of the
Black Pearls, a group for high quality black-and-white photography.
Admins please notice:
1) I do not post to groups which require me to fave. If invited i might post but i will not fave by obligation.
2) I limited the groups i am member of to a reasonable number such that i can take active part in them. If invited i will also post to other groups but i need an admin invite for that.
3) I always award or comment when i post. People really deserve that bit of attention to all the great work they do.
*How it began...*
On Top of the World photographed 1978 high up in the Himalayas. Ever since my favorite good mood maker :)
Lost Souls (gold) was my first picture on Flickr to get some comments and group invitations.
Food of Love found the most attention ever. 2012 it was selected among 50 others for the public exhibition of the International Istanbul Photo Contest.
And btw - it was shot with the Nikon Coolpix... ;)
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 562,068 photos, 39,017 members
- Creative! - Exceptionally Gallery! ~~(Level 3)~~ 823 photos, 195 members
- Creative! - Admirable Gallery! ~~(Level 2)~~ 1,046 photos, 223 members
- Creative! (Invite Only)~~(Level 1)~~ 1,195 photos, 1,126 members
- Emphoka: International Collective of Emerging Photographers 111,117 photos, 2,037 members
- The Arche Noah Project / Black & White 4,280 photos, 202 members
- The Imperial Gallery 1,390 photos, 324 members
- ! ! ! Crème de la Crème P1/A2/F2 [sweeper on] 55,103 photos, 1,665 members
- Chariots of Artists - InviteGroup - Award 3 - Post 1 New Contes 175,054 photos, 8,641 members
- ♣Be My Guest!♣ Admin Invite (P/1 A/3) 4,225 photos, 399 members
- **Masterclass Elite** Invite Only Post 1-Award 3 (Level 3) 22,461 photos, 1,841 members
- MONUMENT 31,898 photos, 2,375 members
- Textures Only (Creative Commons Textures Only) 13,350 photos, 4,007 members
- Textures for All 1,961 photos, 657 members
- Digital Fotografie Gruppe 1,332 photos, 58 members
- Herzogtum-Lauenburg 97 photos, 7 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 74,209 photos, 4,514 members
- L 3 - Magic in Black & White ~ 2 P-4 A PLEASE AWARD! 1,293 photos, 519 members
- L 2 - Magic in Black & White ~ 2 P = 4 A PLEASE AWARD 3,024 photos, 1,067 members
- 52MONOCHROME 2,608 photos, 140 members
- Illuminations in Black and White 16,883 photos, 1,376 members
- Zen Enlightenment 96,509 photos, 6,653 members
- ~ 4U ~ 7,160 photos, 135 members
- MA GALERIE SPECIALE**Sur invitation seulement** 4,344 photos, 177 members
- Black Square 1,148 photos, 135 members
- Reality / dream and fantasy 2,178 photos, 137 members
- Gallery de la Gravure /p1 /A2/~~ 2,762 photos, 414 members
- CONTRASTS 4U 1,404 photos, 86 members
- EXOTIC IMAGE ( ADM. INVITED ONLY ) P1/ C3. 38,215 photos, 1,697 members
- Image Excellence (Admin Invite Only) ADD 1, C.3 31,391 photos, 1,084 members
- Petit Musée de Kurt Peiser/ by Admin Invite Only /p1/A3 6,896 photos, 720 members
- **The New Masterclass** Level 1 *Admin Invite Only* P1- A3 24,192 photos, 1,745 members
- Quadrado / No flowers,no children,no frames 11,226 photos, 610 members
- Kurt Peiser Gallery*by Admin/Mod invite Only*P1-C3 20,947 photos, 1,437 members
- **Optical Excellence** ( Admin Invite Only ) 69,444 photos, 4,728 members
- LANDSCAPES 4U 1,911 photos, 126 members
- kwerfeldein: ausblick 69,834 photos, 4,059 members
- NATURE POETRY (by admin approval) P1 ~ C1 6,162 photos, 1,360 members
- Art within Portraits (Admin. Invite Only) - 3,147 photos, 790 members
- Today´s Specials* 2,168 photos, 118 members
- Portraits Fantastique - MUST GIVE AT LEAST 1 AWARD IMMEDIATELY 18,050 photos, 4,779 members
- LA GALERIE DE LUCIE**+50Faves. 4,217 photos, 176 members
- Black Pearls (Admin invite - C2) 9,215 photos, 591 members
- Digital Artscene Pro: Admin Invite (Post 1, Award 1) 26,813 photos, 1,630 members
- BLACK and WHITE Creative Artwork 194,735 photos, 6,851 members
- L 1 - Magic in Black & White ~ Post 1- Award 4 - NEW CONTEST IS 28,817 photos, 2,163 members
- ***Tierra Madre*** / Admin Invite 2,700 photos, 165 members
- True Friends LIKE You! 80,310 photos, 2,677 members
- Black and White Elegance 13,196 photos, 5,361 members
- AT YOUR BEST IN BW (EACH PHOTO NEEDS AN ADMIN. INVITATION) 19,934 photos, 1,290 members
"I've been meaning to do this for a while. Collin deserves it.
Collin is the kind of photographer that pays attention to details. Not only in his own work, but also when giving feedback and recommendations to others. And even when the comments aren't all roses, his humour and happy being makes everything seem fine. And that is the only constructive way to criticize other peoples work. In fact, Collin is a nice guy - he's a nice guy, and a very good mate.
When it comes down to photography, Collin is clever. Whether it is regarding choosing the right location, technique or editing, everything just seems to turn out stunning. Critique he handles equally as well, always improving.
I'm proud to have you among my friends, Collin."
November 27th, 2009
- Collin Key
- July 2008
- Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- I am:
- Collin Key
- collin.key [at] gmx.net