** WELCOME **
I am German living near Hamburg. Cameras have been my companion since my youth. But only after i joined Flickr photography became definitely serious.
*CONTACTS* - Sorry to say but i am a bad contact. I just can't keep up with the vast numbers of the Flickr universe. I have seen people use different strategies but haven't found a suitable one for me. I just don't want to fave everything i see or write vacuous comments. So chances are that i will not revisit visitors. But be assured that if i write a comment i really mean it.
*FAVORITS* - I rarely fave images - which does not mean that i don't like them. But since the beginning i have considered my favorites as a collection of pictures that peculiarly touched me in some way or the other. A private place for me to start dreaming...
*COPYRIGHT* - Most of my photos have a Creative Commons copyright which means you can use them for non-commercial purpose if you set a link back to my stream.
Some pictures, however, stand strictly under full copyright - no use in any way without my permission. Please accept this.
Most pictures are not uploaded to Flickr with full resolution. If you need better quality just ask me.
*EQUIPMENT* - I started with a small Nikon Coolpix 5400. 2010 i bought a Canon EOS 7D and now finally the EOS 5D Mark iii. At the moment i use two really wonderful lenses namely the EF 16-35mm f/4L and the EF 70-200mm f/4L.
*FLICKR* - You are great, really! From the day i started i was overwhelmned by the diversity and quality of your photos. I have learnt so much from you! And i am thankful for your audience. But frankly, i think we should be much more critical in our comments. So if you see a fault or have an advice, please just tell it!
*Groups* - I am admin of the
Black Pearls, a group for high quality black-and-white photography.
Admins please notice:
1) I do not post to groups which require me to fave. If invited i might post but i will not fave by obligation.
2) I limited the groups i am member of to a reasonable number such that i can take active part in them. If invited i will also post to other groups but i need an admin invite for that.
3) I always award or comment when i post. People really deserve that bit of attention to all the great work they do.
*How it began...*
On Top of the World photographed 1978 high up in the Himalayas. Ever since my favorite good mood maker :)
Lost Souls (gold) was my first picture on Flickr to get some comments and group invitations.
Food of Love found the most attention ever. 2012 it was selected among 50 others for the public exhibition of the International Istanbul Photo Contest.
And btw - it was shot with the Nikon Coolpix... ;)
- Finest Gold - Admin Invite - 50+ favs 3,450 photos, 465 members
- Portraits exquis-(ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 4,922 photos, 572 members
- **Optical Excellence** The Very Best ( Level 2 ) Post 1 award 3 41,337 photos, 2,971 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 611,886 photos, 42,454 members
- Creative! - Exceptionally Gallery! ~~(Level 3)~~ 6,479 photos, 555 members
- Creative! - Admirable Gallery! ~~(Level 2)~~ 8,160 photos, 604 members
- Creative! (Invite Only)~~(Level 1)~~ 9,588 photos, 1,896 members
- Emphoka: International Collective of Emerging Photographers 150,304 photos, 2,289 members
- The Arche Noah Project / Black & White 6,758 photos, 210 members
- The Imperial Gallery 1,450 photos, 332 members
- "Creme de la Crème P1/A2/F2 [sweeper on] 66,366 photos, 1,764 members
- Chariots of Artists - Invite Group - Aw 3 - Post 1 173,536 photos, 8,527 members
- ♣ Be My Guest. By invitation... No 2end Life! 4,735 photos, 405 members
- **Masterclass Elite** Invite Only Post 1-Award 3 (Level 3) 26,584 photos, 1,947 members
- MONUMENT 45,356 photos, 2,401 members
- Textures Only (Creative Commons Textures Only) 13,444 photos, 4,057 members
- Textures for All 2,238 photos, 733 members
- Digital Fotografie Gruppe 2,638 photos, 71 members
- Herzogtum-Lauenburg 111 photos, 7 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 94,217 photos, 4,642 members
- L 3 - Magic in Black & White ~ 2 P-4 A PLEASE AWARD! 1,546 photos, 587 members
- L 2 - Magic in Black & White ~ 2 P = 4 A PLEASE AWARD 3,679 photos, 1,173 members
- 52MONOCHROME 2,788 photos, 156 members
- Illuminations in Black and White 19,330 photos, 1,591 members
- Zen Enlightenment 99,801 photos, 6,864 members
- ~ 4U ~ 7,701 photos, 134 members
- MA GALERIE SPECIALE**Sur invitation seulement** 5,113 photos, 206 members
- Black Square 1,406 photos, 166 members
- Reality / dream and fantasy 2,344 photos, 146 members
- Gallery de la Gravure /p1 /A2/~~ 3,250 photos, 451 members
- CONTRASTS 4U 1,476 photos, 85 members
- EXOTIC IMAGE ( ADM. INVITED ONLY ) P1/ C3. 41,367 photos, 1,760 members
- Image Excellence (Admin Invite Only) ADD 1, C.3 33,670 photos, 1,111 members
- Petit Musée de Kurt Peiser/ by Admin Invite Only /p1/A3 7,838 photos, 753 members
- **The New Masterclass** Level 1 *Admin Invite Only* P1- A3 30,186 photos, 1,934 members
- Quadrado / No flowers,no children,no frames 16,929 photos, 714 members
- Kurt Peiser Gallery*by Admin/Mod invite Only*P1-C3 23,578 photos, 1,467 members
- **Optical Excellence** ( Admin Invite Only ) 79,819 photos, 5,201 members
- LANDSCAPES 4U 2,003 photos, 122 members
- kwerfeldein: ausblick 79,974 photos, 4,378 members
- Nature Poetry! (scapes only) p1 ~ c1 6,662 photos, 1,405 members
- Art within Portraits - mostly face - (by Invite Only) 3,079 photos, 791 members
- Today´s Specials* 2,164 photos, 119 members
- Portraits Fantastique - MUST IMMEDIATELY AWARD 1 19,679 photos, 4,931 members
- LA GALERIE DE LUCIE**+50Faves. 4,768 photos, 210 members
- Black Pearls (Admin invite - C2) 10,187 photos, 631 members
- Digital Artscene Pro: Admin Invite (Post 1, Award 1) 31,954 photos, 1,990 members
- BLACK and WHITE Creative Artwork 233,116 photos, 7,501 members
- L 1 - Magic in Black & White ~ Post 1- Award 4 29,976 photos, 2,273 members
- ***Tierra Madre*** / Admin Invite 2,706 photos, 163 members
"I've been meaning to do this for a while. Collin deserves it.
Collin is the kind of photographer that pays attention to details. Not only in his own work, but also when giving feedback and recommendations to others. And even when the comments aren't all roses, his humour and happy being makes everything seem fine. And that is the only constructive way to criticize other peoples work. In fact, Collin is a nice guy - he's a nice guy, and a very good mate.
When it comes down to photography, Collin is clever. Whether it is regarding choosing the right location, technique or editing, everything just seems to turn out stunning. Critique he handles equally as well, always improving.
I'm proud to have you among my friends, Collin."
November 27th, 2009
- Collin Key
- July 2008
- Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- I am:
- Collin Key
- collin.key [at] gmx.net