** WELCOME **
I am German living near Hamburg. Cameras have been my companion since my youth. But only after i joined Flickr photography became definitely serious.
*CONTACTS* - Sorry to say but i am a bad contact. I just can't keep up with the vast numbers of the Flickr universe. I have seen people use different strategies but haven't found a suitable one for me. I just don't want to fave everything i see or write vacuous comments. So chances are that i will not revisit visitors. But be assured that if i write a comment i really mean it.
*FAVORITS* - I rarely fave images - which does not mean that i don't like them. But since the beginning i have considered my favorites as a collection of pictures that peculiarly touched me in some way or the other. A private place for me to start dreaming...
*COPYRIGHT* - Most of my photos have a Creative Commons copyright which means you can use them for non-commercial purpose if you set a link back to my stream.
Some pictures, however, stand strictly under full copyright - no use in any way without my permission. Please accept this.
Most pictures are not uploaded to Flickr with full resolution. If you need better quality just ask me.
*EQUIPMENT* - I started with a small Nikon Coolpix 5400. 2010 i bought a Canon EOS 7D and now finally the EOS 5D Mark iii. At the moment i use two really wonderful lenses namely the EF 16-35mm f/4L and the EF 70-200mm f/4L.
*FLICKR* - You are great, really! From the day i started i was overwhelmned by the diversity and quality of your photos. I have learnt so much from you! And i am thankful for your audience. But frankly, i think we should be much more critical in our comments. So if you see a fault or have an advice, please just tell it!
*Groups* - I am admin of the
Black Pearls, a group for high quality black-and-white photography.
Admins please notice:
1) I do not post to groups which require me to fave. If invited i might post but i will not fave by obligation.
2) I limited the groups i am member of to a reasonable number such that i can take active part in them. If invited i will also post to other groups but i need an admin invite for that.
3) I always award or comment when i post. People really deserve that bit of attention to all the great work they do.
*How it began...*
On Top of the World photographed 1978 high up in the Himalayas. Ever since my favorite good mood maker :)
Lost Souls (gold) was my first picture on Flickr to get some comments and group invitations.
Food of Love found the most attention ever. 2012 it was selected among 50 others for the public exhibition of the International Istanbul Photo Contest.
And btw - it was shot with the Nikon Coolpix... ;)
- Finest Gold - Admin Invite - 50+ favs 3,417 photos, 464 members
- Portraits exquis-(ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 4,892 photos, 573 members
- **Optical Excellence** The Very Best ( Level 2 ) Post 1 award 3 40,363 photos, 2,943 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 608,287 photos, 42,116 members
- Creative! - Exceptionally Gallery! ~~(Level 3)~~ 5,904 photos, 519 members
- Creative! - Admirable Gallery! ~~(Level 2)~~ 7,337 photos, 565 members
- Creative! (Invite Only)~~(Level 1)~~ 8,565 photos, 1,859 members
- Emphoka: International Collective of Emerging Photographers 144,943 photos, 2,279 members
- The Arche Noah Project / Black & White 6,514 photos, 208 members
- The Imperial Gallery 1,437 photos, 329 members
- ! ! ! Crème de la Crème P1/A2/F2 [sweeper on] 64,902 photos, 1,760 members
- Chariots of Artists - Invite Group - Aw 3 - Post 1 174,001 photos, 8,558 members
- ♣Be My Guest!♣ Admin Invite (P/1 A/3) NO 2end Life images! 4,644 photos, 407 members
- **Masterclass Elite** Invite Only Post 1-Award 3 (Level 3) 26,104 photos, 1,939 members
- MONUMENT 43,645 photos, 2,406 members
- Textures Only (Creative Commons Textures Only) 13,438 photos, 4,054 members
- Textures for All 2,125 photos, 719 members
- Digital Fotografie Gruppe 2,416 photos, 71 members
- Herzogtum-Lauenburg 111 photos, 7 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 91,085 photos, 4,633 members
- L 3 - Magic in Black & White ~ 2 P-4 A PLEASE AWARD! 1,518 photos, 587 members
- L 2 - Magic in Black & White ~ 2 P = 4 A PLEASE AWARD 3,599 photos, 1,169 members
- 52MONOCHROME 2,767 photos, 154 members
- Illuminations in Black and White 19,039 photos, 1,573 members
- Zen Enlightenment 99,160 photos, 6,829 members
- ~ 4U ~ 7,656 photos, 134 members
- MA GALERIE SPECIALE**Sur invitation seulement** 5,036 photos, 199 members
- Black Square 1,340 photos, 160 members
- Reality / dream and fantasy 2,324 photos, 146 members
- Gallery de la Gravure /p1 /A2/~~ 3,242 photos, 448 members
- CONTRASTS 4U 1,478 photos, 86 members
- EXOTIC IMAGE ( ADM. INVITED ONLY ) P1/ C3. 40,911 photos, 1,752 members
- Image Excellence (Admin Invite Only) ADD 1, C.3 33,429 photos, 1,109 members
- Petit Musée de Kurt Peiser/ by Admin Invite Only /p1/A3 7,819 photos, 751 members
- **The New Masterclass** Level 1 *Admin Invite Only* P1- A3 29,591 photos, 1,909 members
- Quadrado / No flowers,no children,no frames 15,862 photos, 704 members
- Kurt Peiser Gallery*by Admin/Mod invite Only*P1-C3 23,359 photos, 1,460 members
- **Optical Excellence** ( Admin Invite Only ) 78,591 photos, 5,137 members
- LANDSCAPES 4U 2,002 photos, 123 members
- kwerfeldein: ausblick 78,936 photos, 4,344 members
- Nature Poetry! (scapes only) p1 ~ c1 6,568 photos, 1,406 members
- Art within Portraits - mostly face - (by Invite Only) 3,073 photos, 793 members
- Today´s Specials* 2,176 photos, 119 members
- Portraits Fantastique - MUST IMMEDIATELY AWARD 1 19,305 photos, 4,889 members
- LA GALERIE DE LUCIE**+50Faves. 4,674 photos, 205 members
- Black Pearls (Admin invite - C2) 10,076 photos, 635 members
- Digital Artscene Pro: Admin Invite (Post 1, Award 1) 31,256 photos, 1,946 members
- BLACK and WHITE Creative Artwork 227,154 photos, 7,392 members
- L 1 - Magic in Black & White ~ Post 1- Award 4 29,832 photos, 2,260 members
- ***Tierra Madre*** / Admin Invite 2,708 photos, 163 members
"I've been meaning to do this for a while. Collin deserves it.
Collin is the kind of photographer that pays attention to details. Not only in his own work, but also when giving feedback and recommendations to others. And even when the comments aren't all roses, his humour and happy being makes everything seem fine. And that is the only constructive way to criticize other peoples work. In fact, Collin is a nice guy - he's a nice guy, and a very good mate.
When it comes down to photography, Collin is clever. Whether it is regarding choosing the right location, technique or editing, everything just seems to turn out stunning. Critique he handles equally as well, always improving.
I'm proud to have you among my friends, Collin."
November 27th, 2009
- Collin Key
- July 2008
- Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- I am:
- Collin Key
- collin.key [at] gmx.net