** WELCOME **
I am German living near Hamburg. Cameras have been my companion since my youth. But only after i joined Flickr photography became definitely serious.
*CONTACTS* - Sorry to say but i am a bad contact. I just can't keep up with the vast numbers of the Flickr universe. I have seen people use different strategies but haven't found a suitable one for me. I just don't want to fave everything i see or write vacuous comments. So chances are that i will not revisit visitors. But be assured that if i write a comment i really mean it.
*FAVORITS* - I rarely fave images - which does not mean that i don't like them. But since the beginning i have considered my favorites as a collection of pictures that peculiarly touched me in some way or the other. A private place for me to start dreaming...
*COPYRIGHT* - Most of my photos have a Creative Commons copyright which means you can use them for non-commercial purpose if you set a link back to my stream.
Some pictures, however, stand strictly under full copyright - no use in any way without my permission. Please accept this.
Most pictures are not uploaded to Flickr with full resolution. If you need better quality just ask me.
*EQUIPMENT* - I started with a small Nikon Coolpix 5400. 2010 i bought a Canon EOS 7D and now finally the EOS 5D Mark iii. At the moment i use two really wonderful lenses namely the EF 16-35mm f/4L and the EF 70-200mm f/4L.
*FLICKR* - You are great, really! From the day i started i was overwhelmned by the diversity and quality of your photos. I have learnt so much from you! And i am thankful for your audience. But frankly, i think we should be much more critical in our comments. So if you see a fault or have an advice, please just tell it!
*Groups* - I am admin of the
Black Pearls, a group for high quality black-and-white photography.
Admins please notice:
1) I do not post to groups which require me to fave. If invited i might post but i will not fave by obligation.
2) I limited the groups i am member of to a reasonable number such that i can take active part in them. If invited i will also post to other groups but i need an admin invite for that.
3) I always award or comment when i post. People really deserve that bit of attention to all the great work they do.
*How it began...*
On Top of the World photographed 1978 high up in the Himalayas. Ever since my favorite good mood maker :)
Lost Souls (gold) was my first picture on Flickr to get some comments and group invitations.
Food of Love found the most attention ever. 2012 it was selected among 50 others for the public exhibition of the International Istanbul Photo Contest.
And btw - it was shot with the Nikon Coolpix... ;)
- Portraits exquis-(ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 4,820 photos, 560 members
- **Optical Excellence** The Very Best ( Level 2 ) Post 1 award 3 38,258 photos, 2,864 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 601,783 photos, 41,512 members
- Creative! - Exceptionally Gallery! ~~(Level 3)~~ 3,939 photos, 379 members
- Creative! - Admirable Gallery! ~~(Level 2)~~ 5,013 photos, 433 members
- Creative! (Invite Only)~~(Level 1)~~ 5,994 photos, 1,705 members
- Emphoka: International Collective of Emerging Photographers 134,586 photos, 2,239 members
- The Arche Noah Project / Black & White 5,923 photos, 206 members
- The Imperial Gallery 1,413 photos, 325 members
- ! ! ! Crème de la Crème P1/A2/F2 [sweeper on] 62,014 photos, 1,745 members
- Chariots of Artists - Invite Group - Aw 3 - Post 1 NEW CONTEST 174,632 photos, 8,580 members
- ♣Be My Guest!♣ Admin Invite (P/1 A/3) 4,493 photos, 410 members
- **Masterclass Elite** Invite Only Post 1-Award 3 (Level 3) 24,779 photos, 1,909 members
- MONUMENT 39,377 photos, 2,396 members
- Textures Only (Creative Commons Textures Only) 13,427 photos, 4,048 members
- Textures for All 2,035 photos, 694 members
- Digital Fotografie Gruppe 1,994 photos, 70 members
- Herzogtum-Lauenburg 109 photos, 7 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 85,322 photos, 4,604 members
- L 3 - Magic in Black & White ~ 2 P-4 A PLEASE AWARD! 1,498 photos, 581 members
- L 2 - Magic in Black & White ~ 2 P = 4 A PLEASE AWARD 3,499 photos, 1,149 members
- 52MONOCHROME 2,703 photos, 144 members
- Illuminations in Black and White 18,598 photos, 1,530 members
- Zen Enlightenment 98,158 photos, 6,772 members
- ~ 4U ~ 7,490 photos, 134 members
- MA GALERIE SPECIALE**Sur invitation seulement** 4,837 photos, 195 members
- Black Square 1,287 photos, 149 members
- Reality / dream and fantasy 2,294 photos, 145 members
- Gallery de la Gravure /p1 /A2/~~ 3,130 photos, 439 members
- CONTRASTS 4U 1,448 photos, 86 members
- EXOTIC IMAGE ( ADM. INVITED ONLY ) P1/ C3. 40,079 photos, 1,733 members
- Image Excellence (Admin Invite Only) ADD 1, C.3 33,025 photos, 1,110 members
- Petit Musée de Kurt Peiser/ by Admin Invite Only /p1/A3 7,578 photos, 741 members
- **The New Masterclass** Level 1 *Admin Invite Only* P1- A3 27,644 photos, 1,856 members
- Quadrado / No flowers,no children,no frames 13,876 photos, 654 members
- Kurt Peiser Gallery*by Admin/Mod invite Only*P1-C3 22,608 photos, 1,457 members
- **Optical Excellence** ( Admin Invite Only ) 75,854 photos, 4,993 members
- LANDSCAPES 4U 1,958 photos, 124 members
- kwerfeldein: ausblick 76,372 photos, 4,286 members
- Amazing Nature Poetry! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 6,423 photos, 1,401 members
- Art within Portraits (by Invite Only) - 3,282 photos, 792 members
- Today´s Specials* 2,188 photos, 119 members
- Portraits Fantastique - MUST IMMEDIATELY AWARD 1 18,851 photos, 4,844 members
- LA GALERIE DE LUCIE**+50Faves. 4,519 photos, 196 members
- Black Pearls (Admin invite - C2) 9,840 photos, 627 members
- Digital Artscene Pro: Admin Invite (Post 1, Award 1) 29,823 photos, 1,844 members
- BLACK and WHITE Creative Artwork 216,793 photos, 7,204 members
- L 1 - Magic in Black & White ~ Post 1- Award 4 29,430 photos, 2,242 members
- ***Tierra Madre*** / Admin Invite 2,708 photos, 165 members
- True Friends LIKE You! 86,287 photos, 2,707 members
"I've been meaning to do this for a while. Collin deserves it.
Collin is the kind of photographer that pays attention to details. Not only in his own work, but also when giving feedback and recommendations to others. And even when the comments aren't all roses, his humour and happy being makes everything seem fine. And that is the only constructive way to criticize other peoples work. In fact, Collin is a nice guy - he's a nice guy, and a very good mate.
When it comes down to photography, Collin is clever. Whether it is regarding choosing the right location, technique or editing, everything just seems to turn out stunning. Critique he handles equally as well, always improving.
I'm proud to have you among my friends, Collin."
November 27th, 2009
- Collin Key
- July 2008
- Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- I am:
- Collin Key
- collin.key [at] gmx.net