Long time amateur radio operator and also
amateur photographer, just for fun. Using film cameras since the mid 1960's to the 80's and now digital.
My photos are more of a personal record of what caught my interest at the time, this includes post processing techniques I discover along the way.
Photographing and reproducing a scene "as is", has an important place in an historical or references context. However, for me, photography is also an art form. The images to be manipulated... or not, as the mood takes me.
So you will find shots straight from the camera (as manipulated by it) and others that I have post processed to my liking.
The following piece has been written in response to somewhat negative comments from various sources over the years concerning post processing of images.
To post process or to leave the image as it comes from the camera?
One camp sees it as sacrilege to do any post processing of an image at all, as if it has some special merit.
Another sees the image from the camera as just a starting point.
My position is with the second group. There are few images straight from the camera that cannot be improved by some post processing. (What camera consistently produces images that reflect exactly what you saw or want to portray?)
If you can always get what you want straight from the camera then good for you, you're in the minority or easily pleased. I would love to know what camera you use.
The first group don't seem to appreciate that they are processing their images by proxy... the choices they have made in the settings of their camera, and there are becoming more and more choices to be had with each new camera!
The first group are simply severely limiting themselves to the processing options of the camera.
It seems common sense to do some post processing (if required) to achieve the result you want.
Because we all experience the world differently, photography has to be about
personal expression .
It's the final image that matters !!
Cameras at present are;
Canon Eos 6D, Fujifilm X100T, Panasonic DMC-TZ60
Samsung NX300 CSC ,Canon Eos550d,
Olympus 35RC and Olympus XA film cameras/
Pentax spotmatic II
Photos of Colin-47 (2)
- Futurismo Elettronico - Electronic Futurism 384 photos, 799 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 281,315 photos, 11,526 members
- Low POV 11,710 photos, 3,539 members
- Elite Photography (Post 1 Award 2 Fave 1) 157,371 photos, 7,247 members
- 100 favorites a group that wants to popular flick. 36,280 photos, 1,699 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 220,806 photos, 13,230 members
- ★ Macro world ★ P1 - C1 ★ 21,960 photos, 1,039 members
- JUDOJUDO E LA FOTOGRAFIA 250,089 photos, 11,455 members
- Fujifilm Classic Chrome Film Simulation 1,755 photos, 425 members
- Fuji X100T 18,053 photos, 1,310 members
- Fujifilm X100T 21,883 photos, 2,463 members
- CANALMANIA 26,406 photos, 1,035 members
- Fujifilm X System Film Simulation 1,280 photos, 90 members
- Fuji X100* Family (X100T, X100S, X100) 10,267 photos, 476 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 53,794 photos, 818 members
- Animals (All Kinds) 464,237 photos, 25,984 members
- Marvels of Macro 5,851 photos, 129 members
- The British Dragonfly Society Pool 6,751 photos, 405 members
- Insect Photography 439,283 photos, 24,028 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 18,405 photos, 3,709 members
- artland 857,429 photos, 38,410 members
- Good - Clik 46,814 photos, 1,330 members
- all skies and clouds 79,416 photos, 5,715 members
- Colors Of The Heart! *Invited Images Only*! 94,293 photos, 8,619 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 489,437 photos, 63,507 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 293,889 photos, 29,160 members
- Lust auf Fotos (Post 1 - Comment 1) 33,886 photos, 1,246 members
- Green Eden 43,836 photos, 3,582 members
- "My colorful flowers" ✿ 33,582 photos, 1,493 members
- Macro Photography 492,111 photos, 47,638 members
- Bláthanna - the magic of Flowers 2,396 photos, 86 members
- Sigma 105mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro Lens 48,202 photos, 3,319 members
- Images Of Devon 3,665 photos, 214 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 81,244 photos, 4,105 members
- Lychgates 322 photos, 22 members
- 'It's multi-colored!!!' 266,216 photos, 9,339 members
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ60 / TZ61 / ZS40 5,610 photos, 251 members
- MOON Shots 117,580 photos, 24,656 members
- Panasonic Lumix Lovers 161,201 photos, 2,662 members
- Smiling Photographers 5,985 photos, 184 members
- Flickr Universe 138,311 photos, 2,534 members
- Blink Again (no children) P1/A3 - Primary Colors Challenge 396,877 photos, 17,010 members
- Sky glory 82,107 photos, 7,211 members
- Night Sky, The 43,265 photos, 5,515 members
- Samyang 38,711 photos, 2,811 members
- boats on the norfolk broads 10,106 photos, 429 members
- WorldWide Amateur Radio Enthusiast ( HAM RADIO ) 1,857 photos, 176 members
- Radio Heads 3,062 photos, 605 members
- NATURE COLOR EXPLOSION 22,613 photos, 711 members
- Blackberries: The Fruit 378 photos, 163 members
"Colin seems like a thoroughly nice chap and excellent photographer. His superb shots are always accompanied by thorough and engaging text, indicating a deep interest in his subject matter and a love for his surroundings.
More importantly though, he is very supportive and encouraging towards photographers who do not yet posses his skills. It is always a pleasure to interact with Colin and hopefully pick up hints and advice which will hopefully, ultimately, lead to an increase in skill levels for all his contacts."
September 26th, 2011
- May 2009
- I am:
- Male and Single