Long time amateur radio operator and also
amateur photographer, just for fun. Using film cameras since the mid 1960's to the 80's and now digital.
My photos are more of a personal record of what caught my interest at the time, this includes post processing techniques I discover along the way.
Photographing and reproducing a scene "as is", has an important place in an historical or references context. However, for me, photography is also an art form. The images to be manipulated... or not, as the mood takes me.
So you will find shots straight from the camera (as manipulated by it) and others that I have post processed to my liking.
The following piece has been written in response to somewhat negative comments from various sources over the years concerning post processing of images.
To post process or to leave the image as it comes from the camera?
One camp sees it as sacrilege to do any post processing of an image at all, as if it has some special merit.
Another sees the image from the camera as just a starting point.
My position is with the second group. There are few images straight from the camera that cannot be improved by some post processing. (What camera consistently produces images that reflect exactly what you saw or want to portray?)
If you can always get what you want straight from the camera then good for you, you're in the minority or easily pleased. I would love to know what camera you use.
The first group don't seem to appreciate that they are processing their images by proxy... the choices they have made in the settings of their camera, and there are becoming more and more choices to be had with each new camera!
The first group are simply severely limiting themselves to the processing options of the camera.
It seems common sense to do some post processing (if required) to achieve the result you want.
Because we all experience the world differently, photography has to be about
personal expression .
It's the final image that matters !!
Cameras at present are;
Fujifilm X100T, Panasonic DMC-TZ60
Samsung NX300 CSC , Nikon D7000, Canon Eos550d,
Olympus 35RC and Olympus XA film cameras/
Pentax spotmatic II
Photos of Colin-47 (2)
- Fujifilm Classic Chrome Film Simulation 331 photos, 107 members
- Fuji X100T 5,359 photos, 678 members
- Fujifilm X100T 5,817 photos, 963 members
- CANALMANIA 19,467 photos, 929 members
- Fujifilm X System Film Simulation 365 photos, 44 members
- Fuji X100* Family (X100T, X100S, X100) 3,054 photos, 243 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 33,767 photos, 666 members
- Animals (All Kinds) 330,946 photos, 20,411 members
- Marvels of Macro 2,284 photos, 96 members
- The British Dragonfly Society Pool 4,257 photos, 311 members
- Insect Photography 382,511 photos, 22,175 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 16,395 photos, 3,341 members
- artland 741,819 photos, 35,214 members
- Good - Clik 16,611 photos, 761 members
- all skies and clouds 67,536 photos, 5,314 members
- Colors Of The Heart! *Invited Images Only*! 90,225 photos, 8,491 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 491,671 photos, 63,415 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 290,382 photos, 29,153 members
- Lust auf Fotos (Post 1 - Comment 1) 33,377 photos, 1,231 members
- Green Eden 33,497 photos, 3,000 members
- "My colorful flowers" ✿ 21,696 photos, 1,132 members
- Macro Photography 416,516 photos, 43,729 members
- Bláthanna - the magic of Flowers 1,360 photos, 71 members
- Sigma 105mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro Lens 41,945 photos, 3,031 members
- Images Of Devon 1,723 photos, 148 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 65,805 photos, 3,941 members
- Lychgates 240 photos, 18 members
- 'It's multi-colored!!!' 253,795 photos, 9,182 members
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ60 / TZ61 / ZS40 3,014 photos, 198 members
- MOON Shots 108,562 photos, 23,482 members
- Panasonic Lumix Lovers 124,459 photos, 2,266 members
- Smiling Photographers 5,792 photos, 179 members
- Flickr Universe 99,802 photos, 2,151 members
- Blink Again (no children) please award 3 other images 355,616 photos, 16,657 members
- Sky glory 60,579 photos, 6,070 members
- Night Sky, The 35,663 photos, 4,819 members
- Samyang 31,083 photos, 2,279 members
- boats on the norfolk broads 9,216 photos, 392 members
- WorldWide Amateur Radio Enthusiast ( HAM RADIO ) 1,776 photos, 170 members
- Radio Heads 2,917 photos, 594 members
- NATURE COLOR EXPLOSION 14,832 photos, 610 members
- Blackberries: The Fruit 371 photos, 151 members
- Samsung NX series. 17,957 photos, 783 members
- Samsung Digital Community 8,549 photos, 410 members
- Samsung NX Lenses - Official Tag Required 4,470 photos, 251 members
- Samsung NX300 11,535 photos, 795 members
- Sporty Forty on APS 915 photos, 126 members
- I love reflections! 11,824 photos, 499 members
- British Photographers 280,443 photos, 3,953 members
- Excellent Landscapes 3,019 photos, 399 members
"Colin seems like a thoroughly nice chap and excellent photographer. His superb shots are always accompanied by thorough and engaging text, indicating a deep interest in his subject matter and a love for his surroundings.
More importantly though, he is very supportive and encouraging towards photographers who do not yet posses his skills. It is always a pleasure to interact with Colin and hopefully pick up hints and advice which will hopefully, ultimately, lead to an increase in skill levels for all his contacts."
September 26th, 2011
- May 2009
- I am:
- Male and Single