Long time amateur radio operator and also
amateur photographer, just for fun. Using film cameras since the mid 1960's to the 80's and now digital.
My photos are more of a personal record of what caught my interest at the time, this includes post processing techniques I discover along the way.
Photographing and reproducing a scene "as is", has an important place in an historical or references context. However, for me, photography is also an art form. The images to be manipulated... or not, as the mood takes me.
So you will find shots straight from the camera (as manipulated by it) and others that I have post processed to my liking.
The following piece has been written in response to somewhat negative comments from various sources over the years concerning post processing of images.
To post process or to leave the image as it comes from the camera?
One camp sees it as sacrilege to do any post processing of an image at all, as if it has some special merit.
Another sees the image from the camera as just a starting point.
My position is with the second group. There are few images straight from the camera that cannot be improved by some post processing. (What camera consistently produces images that reflect exactly what you saw or want to portray?)
If you can always get what you want straight from the camera then good for you, you're in the minority or easily pleased. I would love to know what camera you use.
The first group don't seem to appreciate that they are processing their images by proxy... the choices they have made in the settings of their camera, and there are becoming more and more choices to be had with each new camera!
The first group are simply severely limiting themselves to the processing options of the camera.
It seems common sense to do some post processing (if required) to achieve the result you want.
Because we all experience the world differently, photography has to be about
personal expression .
It's the final image that matters !!
Cameras at present are;
Nikon D7200, Canon Eos 6D, Fujifilm X100T,
Samsung NX300 CSC ,Canon Eos550d,
Olympus 35RC and Olympus XA film cameras/
Pentax spotmatic II
Photos of Colin-47 (2)
- BRIDGES 2 5,510 photos, 817 members
- 6,000 Views Unlimited 6000 41,192 photos, 2,361 members
- Perspective Rules! 53,917 photos, 3,005 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 9,417 photos, 1,076 members
- Sun | Sky | Cloud 253,506 photos, 11,321 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 518,955 photos, 26,784 members
- Photo Geek #1 11,994 photos, 666 members
- Futurismo Elettronico - Electronic Futurism 851 photos, 893 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 377,969 photos, 12,812 members
- Low POV 20,067 photos, 3,614 members
- Elite Photography (Post 1 Award 2 Fave 1) 180,360 photos, 7,570 members
- 100 favorites a group that wants to popular flick. 61,576 photos, 2,022 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 235,781 photos, 13,525 members
- ★ Elit macro ★ P1 - C1 ★ 21,991 photos, 1,085 members
- JUDOJUDO E LA FOTOGRAFIA 344,739 photos, 11,707 members
- Fujifilm Classic Chrome Film Simulation 4,430 photos, 849 members
- Fuji X100T 37,856 photos, 2,075 members
- Fujifilm X100T 41,496 photos, 4,016 members
- CANALMANIA 33,125 photos, 1,106 members
- Fujifilm X System Film Simulation 4,118 photos, 154 members
- Fuji X100* Family (X100T, X100S, X100) 21,752 photos, 788 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 77,704 photos, 920 members
- Animals (All Kinds) 642,641 photos, 30,826 members
- Marvels of Macro 8,994 photos, 155 members
- The British Dragonfly Society Pool 9,432 photos, 494 members
- Insect Photography 504,337 photos, 25,684 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 22,723 photos, 4,102 members
- artland 1,022,886 photos, 40,743 members
- Good - Clik 102,118 photos, 1,632 members
- all skies and clouds 94,742 photos, 6,033 members
- Colors Of The Heart! *Invited Images Only*! 101,646 photos, 8,748 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 488,857 photos, 63,744 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 300,735 photos, 29,192 members
- Lust auf Fotos (Post 1 - Comment 1) 36,600 photos, 1,257 members
- Green Eden - GREEN must be DOMINANT color, please! 52,911 photos, 4,078 members
- "My colorful flowers" ✿ 49,445 photos, 1,810 members
- Macro Photography 593,567 photos, 52,023 members
- Bláthanna - the magic of Flowers 2,929 photos, 94 members
- Sigma 105mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro Lens 55,815 photos, 3,694 members
- Images Of Devon 5,868 photos, 277 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 100,810 photos, 4,248 members
- Lychgates 385 photos, 23 members
- ***It's multi-colored!!!*** new rules/no black & white (p1~a2) 261,323 photos, 8,984 members
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ60 / TZ61 / ZS40 8,078 photos, 318 members
- MOON Shots 125,706 photos, 25,550 members
- Panasonic Lumix Lovers 215,112 photos, 3,214 members
- Smiling Photographers 6,723 photos, 194 members
- Flickr Universe 194,775 photos, 2,974 members
- Blink Again (no children) Post 2 award 3 455,772 photos, 17,389 members
- Sky glory 110,479 photos, 8,964 members
"Colin seems like a thoroughly nice chap and excellent photographer. His superb shots are always accompanied by thorough and engaging text, indicating a deep interest in his subject matter and a love for his surroundings.
More importantly though, he is very supportive and encouraging towards photographers who do not yet posses his skills. It is always a pleasure to interact with Colin and hopefully pick up hints and advice which will hopefully, ultimately, lead to an increase in skill levels for all his contacts."
September 26th, 2011
- May 2009
- Norwich Norfolk
- North Norfolk, England
- I am:
- Male and Single