Long time amateur radio operator and also
amateur photographer, just for fun. Using film cameras since the mid 1960's to the 80's and now digital.
My photos are more of a personal record of what caught my interest at the time, this includes post processing techniques I discover along the way.
Photographing and reproducing a scene "as is", has an important place in an historical or references context. However, for me, photography is also an art form. The images to be manipulated... or not, as the mood takes me.
So you will find shots straight from the camera (as manipulated by it) and others that I have post processed to my liking.
The following piece has been written in response to somewhat negative comments from various sources over the years concerning post processing of images.
To post process or to leave the image as it comes from the camera?
One camp sees it as sacrilege to do any post processing of an image at all, as if it has some special merit.
Another sees the image from the camera as just a starting point.
My position is with the second group. There are few images straight from the camera that cannot be improved by some post processing. (What camera consistently produces images that reflect exactly what you saw or want to portray?)
If you can always get what you want straight from the camera then good for you, you're in the minority or easily pleased. I would love to know what camera you use.
The first group don't seem to appreciate that they are processing their images by proxy... the choices they have made in the settings of their camera, and there are becoming more and more choices to be had with each new camera!
The first group are simply severely limiting themselves to the processing options of the camera.
It seems common sense to do some post processing (if required) to achieve the result you want.
Because we all experience the world differently, photography has to be about
personal expression .
It's the final image that matters !!
Cameras at present are;
Nikon D7200, Canon Eos 6D, Fujifilm X100T,
Samsung NX300 CSC ,Canon Eos550d,
Olympus 35RC and Olympus XA film cameras/
Pentax spotmatic II
Photos of Colin-47 (2)
- MACRO MONDAYS 105,967 photos, 10,051 members
- All Free Pictures 41,825 photos, 2,816 members
- A.C.M C. .BRITAIN 37,428 photos, 4,150 members
- "A" Class (Please,comment 2) / Pls, Comment immediately. 591,212 photos, 22,849 members
- BRIDGES 2 6,787 photos, 859 members
- 6,000 Views Unlimited 6000 54,216 photos, 3,085 members
- Perspective Rules! 57,995 photos, 3,192 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 13,229 photos, 1,117 members
- Sun | Sky | Cloud 271,726 photos, 11,720 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 557,338 photos, 28,423 members
- Photo Geek #1 14,712 photos, 668 members
- Futurismo Elettronico - Electronic Futurism 969 photos, 896 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 398,853 photos, 13,096 members
- Low POV 21,722 photos, 3,623 members
- Elite Photography (Post 1 Award 2 Fave 1) 187,078 photos, 7,632 members
- 100 favorites a group that wants to popular flick. 68,204 photos, 2,065 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 241,211 photos, 13,606 members
- ★ Elit macro ★ P1 - C1 ★ 22,034 photos, 1,085 members
- JUDOJUDO E LA FOTOGRAFIA 364,353 photos, 11,681 members
- Fujifilm Classic Chrome Film Simulation 5,096 photos, 928 members
- Fuji X100T 42,029 photos, 2,199 members
- Fujifilm X100T 46,629 photos, 4,246 members
- CANALMANIA 35,019 photos, 1,111 members
- Fujifilm X System Film Simulation 5,201 photos, 174 members
- Fuji X100* Family (X100F, X100T, X100S, X100) 23,607 photos, 843 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 82,850 photos, 939 members
- Animals (All Kinds) 685,409 photos, 32,257 members
- Marvels of Macro 9,649 photos, 159 members
- The British Dragonfly Society Pool 9,608 photos, 498 members
- Insect Photography 514,824 photos, 25,899 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 23,186 photos, 4,170 members
- artland 1,064,049 photos, 41,420 members
- Good - Clik 117,280 photos, 1,688 members
- all skies and clouds 98,249 photos, 6,097 members
- Colors Of The Heart! *Invited Images Only*! 102,678 photos, 8,752 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 487,444 photos, 63,695 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 302,885 photos, 29,193 members
- Lust auf Fotos (Post 1 - Comment 1) 37,438 photos, 1,254 members
- Green Eden 54,967 photos, 4,152 members
- "My colorful flowers" ✿ 51,611 photos, 1,844 members
- Macro Photography 614,534 photos, 53,224 members
- Bláthanna - the magic of Flowers 3,062 photos, 96 members
- Sigma 105mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro Lens 57,318 photos, 3,791 members
- Images Of Devon 6,516 photos, 295 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 107,323 photos, 4,299 members
- Lychgates 392 photos, 23 members
- ***It's multi-colored!!!*** new rules/no black & white (p1~a2) 262,086 photos, 8,962 members
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ60 / TZ61 / ZS40 8,673 photos, 331 members
- MOON Shots 129,243 photos, 25,897 members
- Panasonic Lumix Lovers 229,274 photos, 3,345 members
"Colin seems like a thoroughly nice chap and excellent photographer. His superb shots are always accompanied by thorough and engaging text, indicating a deep interest in his subject matter and a love for his surroundings.
More importantly though, he is very supportive and encouraging towards photographers who do not yet posses his skills. It is always a pleasure to interact with Colin and hopefully pick up hints and advice which will hopefully, ultimately, lead to an increase in skill levels for all his contacts."
September 26th, 2011
- May 2009
- Norwich Norfolk
- North Norfolk, England
- I am:
- Male and Single