This is what happens when you take a left-brain / right-brain guy who appreciates elegant composition and design and hand him a camera...
I do salute the Engineering flag (BS/MSEE) of the famous local school and mainly work in tech, but photography and bicycling and cars and great conversations and a bit of improv with my silly pals and a lovely little blond with sparkly eyes are what really make my world go 'round. I enjoy making people laugh and using images to start real conversations.
Humor warning : Python, Firesign, puns and more will appear in my captions and comments. (Some folks claim to enjoy them.)
Flickr has been great for inspiration. Seeing new images from talented contacts is a treat, bringing smiles and keeping me on my game (they're seriously great shots). And visitor feedback does help, so please feel free to ask or suggest tweaks or alternative approaches.
Do take a look through the faves (and galleries) I've assembled -- they contain some of the best shots on flickr and just about anywhere, methinks.
Bloggers and image "consumers" : I've had problems with abuse, including people who claimed my shots were theirs, and I don't take kindly to that. Tumblr and Facebook in particular enable others to pretend they did the work. At the very least y'all should credit the original photographers. You might actually find a way to help each other in the long term.
Group invitations : skip the big images in comments for group invitations -- I'll just prune them because they shut down useful comment threads. Also, I check the groups before including my shots -- sometimes there's no match. And I won't add them to any group I can't see.
Obnoxious comments : disgusting, rude, abusive, etc. comments will be deleted. Decent folks know I don't mind weird or snarky or punful writing, so for 99.98% of my visitors this won't be an issue. (And big thanks to y'all for that.)
This for That : I've had bad luck with people promising photo credit in exchange for use (and not delivering), so I typically choose to opt out. I'm sure you'll find what you need on another stream. That applies to requests for larger sizes too.
Enough blather. Wander 'round and see what strikes your fancy. Feel free to return now and then -- I try to keep it updated and have, for more than a decade on flickr.
- Woodworking 17,124 photos, 1,653 members
- Custom Woodworking 66 photos, 30 members
- Ferrari in Sports Car Racing 10,758 photos, 406 members
- Blues Guitar(ists) 7,225 photos, 634 members
- Guitar Heroes 4,191 photos, 523 members
- Tail Fin 3,386 photos, 161 members
- Tri-Chevys - Chevrolet's 1955, 1956 & 1957 16,922 photos, 833 members
- CHEVROLET 126,310 photos, 4,658 members
- car radiator badges 11,429 photos, 409 members
- Bridge Architecture 11,898 photos, 1,404 members
- Modern Furniture and Design 7,130 photos, 834 members
- Bizzarrini automobiles 599 photos, 84 members
- Lincoln - An American Luxury Car 14,311 photos, 877 members
- Tjaarda Automotive Design 753 photos, 108 members
- Santana Row 294 photos, 21 members
- AMC (American Motors Corporation) 1954 to 1987 RIP 8,134 photos, 486 members
- Artistic Automotive 5,481 photos, 289 members
- Ferrari 458 Speciale 2,273 photos, 380 members
- Ebikes and Electric Bicycles 518 photos, 174 members
- Italian Cars (Voitures Italiennes) 72,430 photos, 793 members
- Cars and Coffee San Francisco 359 photos, 26 members
- Climbing Photography 24,089 photos, 3,727 members
- Ford GT Spotting 1,025 photos, 195 members
- Best Images Of Car And Truck Interiors 1,589 photos, 118 members
- Motoramic Flickr Photo Group 116,146 photos, 950 members
- British Cars Photography 133,626 photos, 3,008 members
- Classic Pickup Trucks & Vans 23,554 photos, 873 members
- Racing Stripes 11,720 photos, 439 members
- Only German Cars 201,051 photos, 3,489 members
- Airstream 2,067 photos, 523 members
- JAGUAR E TYPE 2,609 photos, 106 members
- America's Cup San Francisco 1,723 photos, 108 members
- Butterfly Beauty 183,422 photos, 12,817 members
- Vehicle name, marque, badge, logo 24,194 photos, 315 members
- Car Emblems and Badges 21,529 photos, 896 members
- Auto Jewelry 10,130 photos, 206 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 919,840 photos, 20,226 members
- Hidden Headlights and Distinct Taillights 17,153 photos, 337 members
- car logos 14,046 photos, 691 members
- Best Images Of Car And Truck Details 1,987 photos, 133 members
- We ♥ Cars 468,977 photos, 3,286 members
- We ♥ Lamborghini 18,412 photos, 844 members
- Diecast Cars 39,320 photos, 1,118 members
- LeMay - America's Car Museum 1,547 photos, 54 members
- Old Car Adverts 7,123 photos, 306 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,090,173 photos, 116,883 members
- The legendary E Type Jaguar 3,161 photos, 235 members
- Best of U.S. National Parks 32,126 photos, 3,703 members
- Small Cars 10,174 photos, 311 members
- Yosemite Conservancy 17,404 photos, 2,040 members
"Carl is an über-talented photographer who can find beauty in almost anything he sees. Sometimes we forget to look up, down or around us--not Carl. He has the ability to maximize the potential in anything he sees. And that's why I'd like to stand in front of his camera one day. :)
If you are selective about your flickr friends, be sure to add The Electrician. He's not only talented, but he also provides worlds of constructive criticism that will help a photographer grow and see things in a different perspective. He writes abundant comments that are witty and downright punny! If this guy writes a book, I'll be first in line for a signed copy. Then I'll go home and devour all the goodies and watch my technical skills develop tenfold."
January 22nd, 2009
"he's got it all--a sharp mind, a sharp eye and a wicked sense of humor. I guess that would be a sharp tongue but I prefer to describe that aspect of him as punny.
He also seems to have a need for speed as evidenced by his preoccupation with bikes, planes and automobiles.
Lastly, he's hunky. But, i think that might be a totally irrelevant comment to include in a testimonial. Oh well."
August 28th, 2007
- Carl Madson
- March 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- CJ_Madson Instagram Page