"Photography With Attitude"
Welcome to my public gallery of CKMETROPhotos.com.au, thanks for stopping by. I am a freelance photographer and I live in Toowoomba, Queensland Australia and my name is Darren, I am married and have a very new baby daughter along with a (Crazy Boxer) which keeps my wife and I busy :)
I would say that I specialise in modern portraits, babies, maternity, adults and family. the images presented here are simply a selection of images. If you are not one of my contacts you will not see all images in my portfolio.
Should you wish to use any of the images here on my site for your own use, magazine or articles, please do not hesitate to contact me via email "darren @ ckmetrophotos.com.au". Please Understand that these images are all copyright to me and are my own original creations. So please ask before taking.
Thank you to the many loyal Flickr friends that have assisted me in my pursuit of perfection, your support and comments keep my aiming higher to achieve perfection. I am always on the lookout for Models both male / female / babies etc, to practice my passion please contact me if you are interested.
Thanks again for stopping by.
BLOG - www.ckmetrophotos.com.au
www.ckmetrophotos.com.au | darren @ ckmetrophotos.com.au
Photos of ckmetrophotos (2)
- silhouette 383,871 photos, 60,822 members
- Lidia Grigorean ( Oh So Posh photography)'s actions and presets 221 photos, 141 members
- Pimp my Pixels 7,527 photos, 2,972 members
- Australia in Black & White 52,519 photos, 3,205 members
- Alley Kat Textures & Actions 176 photos, 134 members
- The Inverted Image - Discussion Group 2,472 photos, 73 members
- Boudoir 2,908 photos, 1,009 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 27,512 photos, 3,734 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 3,156 photos, 5,045 members
- Life's Colourful Canvas Textures / Overlays 423 photos, 282 members
- Babies born in January 2009 207 photos, 10 members
- Helping Hands- Photo Editing and Photography Help Group 2,652 photos, 2,785 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,441 photos, 2,023 members
- with a ray of light 11,308 photos, 670 members
- Creative and Unique Portraits 8,143 photos, 468 members
- Flash Bang Wallop 498 photos, 321 members
- Best of the Rest(POST 1 AWARD 3) 335 photos, 24 members
- 'Professional Child Photographers' Discussion Group 2,627 photos, 150 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Quality Photography" 293,701 photos, 32,632 members
- Australian Elite Images (50+views, 10+faves) 6,318 photos, 387 members
- The Ice Gallery 7,557 photos, 779 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 246,689 photos, 32,632 members
- Capturing the Spirit - A journey in art and business 17,642 photos, 1,439 members
- erika's templates 18 photos, 172 members
- ~Soul Expression~(Invitation Only) 628 photos, 270 members
- Life's Colourful Canvas, presets by Dale Taylor 839 photos, 495 members
- Lockyer Valley 355 photos, 31 members
- IntoFotos.com Contacts 85 photos, 42 members
- The Best Black and White Photography 30,874 photos, 960 members
- ALL Welcome - I am sick of 'rules and regulations - New Contest 888,861 photos, 6,452 members
- Toowoomba photographers 4,378 photos, 129 members
- Restaurants, Lounges, Bars, Taverns, Cafes, Pubs & Employees 112,445 photos, 7,766 members
- Queensland 44,117 photos, 1,674 members
- Photography Tutorials and Helpful Links 1,587 photos, 1,484 members
- Beautiful Black & White Child Portraits 27,520 photos, 3,634 members
- OurPatch - Rural Australia 11,945 photos, 630 members
- Looking Upward 1,001 photos, 70 members
- Flickr's Legend - Invite ONLY! *~Quality Only! *~NO Video! 3,731 photos, 2,281 members
- Fine-ART photos (Invite only) 36,738 photos, 9,854 members
- DIGIFOTO Pro 563,189 photos, 15,017 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 540,248 photos, 20,436 members
- Wedding Photography 254,368 photos, 51,698 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 57,298 photos, 9,503 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 864 photos, 22,383 members
- Calvin Klein Male 423 photos, 443 members
- One-Frame-Short 546 photos, 722 members
- Tattoos 80,544 photos, 22,291 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,418 photos, 4,902 members
- Weddings 125,342 photos, 11,350 members
- StrobeAust: Australian Strobists organising local strobist meets 13,289 photos, 2,412 members
Celestial Photography says:
"REALLY Great person... and photographer. CK Metro is the whole package. I thoroughly enjoy browsing this stream. There are some people who shape the community here on flickr and Darren is one of them!"
November 30th, 2008
SemiCharmedLife (☯) says:
"This is my first testimonial and I have been moved to writing it to acknowledge the talent and support I find in Darren. I really started getting active on Flickr this past year and as I began to interact with the community, Darren was one of the photographer/artists that I came across. His portraits and work are amazing. They are from someone who is truly a master and that is evident in the meticulous detail, framing, lighting and choice of subject matter. To me it’s classic photography and craftsmanship (really art). His work runs the spectrum from natural candids to studio work, glamour photography, pop culture illuminations, and more formal editorial work. All of it is remarkable.
On top of that, Darren is incredibly supportive of those just starting to learn the art of photography. He consistently takes the time to view the works of others (I am a beneficiary) and is always there with kind support and comments. I truly appreciate both his great talent and what can only be intuited as someone with an unassuming and down to earth personality and outlook on life. Thank You Darren."
July 20th, 2008
"I'll keep it simple. Darren has talent."
June 23rd, 2008
LOREN JARVIS says:
Well I told you I was going to write you a testimonial... and here it is ! Don't worry, I'm not hanging it on you !
THANKYOU for your inspirational images - you work is truly beautiful and it's always exciting to see what you'll do next.
THANKYOU for the time you've spent helping me with my photography and putting up with all those painful questions I'm continually asking you.
THANKYOU for your constructive criticism on my flickr images - I really appreciate it :) I always want you to be honest, so I learn and can improve.
THANKYOU with all my heart, because If it weren't for you, your kind nature and wonderful patience, I would have given my camera away a long time ago.
THANKS for being a great mate ! & cheers to that gorgeous wife of yours too for letting me tag along to her shoots !"
June 3rd, 2008
Bas Bleu says:
"Darren is an artist. He captures such beauty in his photography; he pushes his work in new directions, and he inspires and guides others as he's growing. I look forward to his comments, suggestions, and critiques and I hope I manage to give him even just a little of what he gives to me... he bolsters my confidence, fans my creativity, and challenges my notions. And I am so appreciative. Thank you! :)"
March 11th, 2008
"What an amazing creative eye this man has. From incredible portraits to his visions of the world around him, they are all a pleasure to view. He’s always friendly and free with encouraging words, and I'm happy to call him a friend.
Thank you, Darren, for allowing us a glimpse into your world and your wonderful talent."
March 11th, 2008
"Darren is such a great guy and skilled photographer! Prior to writing this I had a run through his entire photostream, and three things struck me: The high quality, the variety and the seemingly endless supply of photogenic and beautiful models! Darren photographs children, landscapes and gorgeous blondes with equal style, creativity and grace. He always gives kind and supportive comments as well as responding nicely to the feedback he gets. He is eager to evolve his already impressive skills, and you just know there's gonna be plenty more awesome images coming from him. Cheers, mate, and keep up the good work!"
March 7th, 2008
"ckmetrophotos and I joined flickr about the same time although a half a world apart. I saw his photography early on with his "photo shoots" of models. Darren has a wide variety of work from his early rustic shots to his beautiful Aussie Blonde photos to his signature B&W and subdued color mixes, and his latest Rock Star set.
Some of my favorite attributes of ckmetrophotos are his perspective, lighting, color control, lighting, and lighting.
I never know what Darren will put up next as you can tell from his stream, but I wait to see it because his work makes me think, how did he do that. I can say that some of my work processing has came about due to ckmetrophotos and his work.
If you haven't checked out his stream, spend some time. See the deep blue skies, deep color flowers, unique perspectives.
In appreciation for the growing talent of ckmetrophotos, I'm grateful."
January 18th, 2008
"what can i say about darren that you can't see for yourself? he's innovative, creative, generous with his knowledge and all around good bloke....this stream demands you make a cup of tea, eat a biscuit and pay attention!"
January 8th, 2008
"Darren has been one of my (if not THE) first Flickr friends, and it seems we also started around the same time to upload our photos. Ever since, he has been a faithful fellow who keeps coming back to comment, thus, I felt that a testimonial was due.
Darren's description of himself in his profile is clearly an understatement of his own skills. It is obvious from his photostream, although he describes himself as a "student" of photography, that he is mastering the techniques already very well. I particularly like the breadth and richness of subjects that he is able to express so well, be it B/W, portraits, landscapes, or whatever. To cut a long story short: keep up the good work, mate!"
November 24th, 2007
"What can I say about Darren? He is both open to share his knowledge and curious to learn, his photography (especially his portraits) are fresh and creative, he is generous of spirit and I'm pleased to be able to call him my Flickr friend. Cheers, mate!"
October 11th, 2007
flightless bird says:
"amazing photos, amazing talent. your stream has been unbelievably inspiring for me from the first day i saw it. thank you so much for sharing your art, we're all lucky to watch."
August 7th, 2007
- May 2007
- Toowoomba, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- ckmetrophotos [at] gmail.com