I have been uploading to Flickr for a lttle over 3 year's now and i am totally addicted.
I go out and about and i always have my camera with me. I look at things and see things in a different way. I now think hmm that would make a great shot and i then click away like crazy, taking loads of shots of the same thing. Thats the beauty with digital is it does't matter if most of them are rubbish when you get home and put it on the computer. I am sure that at least one would be good enough to share.
I have met some wonderful people through Flickr, many i am honoured to call friends.
They have taken me to places that i know i will never get the chance to visit. They have shown concern when i haven't been well, given me words of support and encouragement.
Flickr is a special place.
By profession i am a fully quailfied nurse and have been for 30 years, i am now a full time carer to my husband since he had a brain haemorrhage in May 2005 .So now i do have a fair bit of spare time on my hands to sit at the computer, but not as much time as i would like to be able to get out and take photo's.
So i find myself carring my camera with me where ever i go just in case i see that special shot. So now when i leave the house my check list is, camera, keys, purse and oh yeah hubby.
( usually in that order).
Check me out on RedBubble.
See me on facebook
Chrissie CohenCreate your badge
Check out my images on Fluidr
create your own visited country map
or check our Venice travel guide
create your personalized map of europe
or check out our Barcelona travel guide
Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
You Were a Swan
You are a spiritual soul who sees into the future.
You are also good at interpreting dreams - those of yourself and others.
What Animal Were You In a Past Life?
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 109,730 photos, 4,751 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 120,308 photos, 4,396 members
- Taking Liberties - Women photographers over 50 7,129 photos, 103 members
- WONDERFUL WORLD OF BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE (P1 / A1 ) 104,752 photos, 4,767 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 83,091 photos, 2,394 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 199,442 photos, 4,413 members
- Tree-mendous Tuesday 25,783 photos, 1,780 members
- ~ joy with photos ~ Freude an Fotos ~ 21,599 photos, 232 members
- iPiccy - The Official Group 18,347 photos, 806 members
- **Explore Unexplored!** (10 Favs & No Explored) 323,686 photos, 10,776 members
- A Thousand Words! (P1, C1) 31,957 photos, 1,364 members
- Distressed Textures 17,696 photos, 1,074 members
- kim klassen texturized 13,003 photos, 1,040 members
- ONLY THE BEST OF NATURE (P1-C2) SWEEPER ACTIVE! 67,016 photos, 3,584 members
- Beautiful Colorful World (Post_1/Award_3) ✿Sweeper on✿ 49,774 photos, 2,325 members
- La Petite Galerie *** (No people) *** (P.1 / C.2) 153,360 photos, 3,818 members
- Texture Genius - P1/C2 35,220 photos, 1,815 members
- Amazing Textured Photos ***No Rules, No Banning, No Sweepers*** 32,011 photos, 1,015 members
- Amazing Capture ***No Rules, No Banning, No Sweepers*** 237,387 photos, 4,539 members
- NATURE'S - CREATIONS post 1/award 2 195,475 photos, 7,202 members
- All things textured 40,508 photos, 1,489 members
- Texture Infinite Book P1/A3 48,357 photos, 2,403 members
- Siamese Cats and their Feline Brothers (CLOSED GROUP) 113,905 photos, 9,702 members
- CAT♥Gato♥Chat♥Katze♥Gatto♥Kat♥Kot...... ♥ CATS! 147,755 photos, 9,363 members
- NATURAL BEAUTY P1 C1 47,327 photos, 1,605 members
- **ALL KINDS OF BEAUTY** (Moderated! NO MODELS!) 375,279 photos, 13,804 members
- Beautiful Birds 257,397 photos, 4,864 members
- Keep your eyes open - Ayez l'oeil - NO PEOPLE - P1A3 - Sweeper 250,062 photos, 9,381 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 231,559 photos, 9,509 members
- Cozy Corner 9,357 photos, 21 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 239,854 photos, 3,650 members
- Mikytz's wOrLd 56,508 photos, 2,033 members
"Chrissie has a beautiful mind, creative eye and a wonderful talent.
She has become a true friend to me. Always honest and constructive in her observations.
I love the way she sees the special things! Wonderfully creative. Her photos make you want to go back and look again and admire.
Stunning work Chrissie!
March 10th, 2011
Lori - Learning Junkie says:
"Chrissie is one of my favorite people on flickr! Her photographs are beautiful, entertaining and creative. I can see her warmth, kindness, wonderful sense of humor and loving spirit shine through each of her images. She always has an encouraging word or funny post to brighten my day."
October 8th, 2009
RomaBea (on & off) says:
"Chrissie is one of the most genuine, kind and compassionate people here on Flickr. Anyone who has her as a contact not only enjoys a stream full of variety and beautiful images, but reading her titles is like flipping through a book of One Liners !! She always manages to capture the most beautiful scenery or the funniest looking bird, and those are just small examples of her brilliant shots !!
The amount of laughter you provide me Chrissie is like medicine for my soul !!! I am so very grateful to not only have you as a contact, but to consider you a friend !!
You are a treasure !! May you be blessed with an abundance of happiness and laughter, for you always provide that to us :).
All my best !!"
September 12th, 2009
Church Mouse 07 says:
You were one of my first contacts 6 months ago, how time flies bye.
Your photostream is a joy to view, i can tell you have a real love of nature in your Excellent Photography. You have a great sense of humor, and i know you have had a upsetting time these last few months....I would like to thank you for being a great Flickr friend and thank you for all your comments on mine, and last but by no means least a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on all your Explored photos 5 front page and 72 in explore. Well done on everyone Chrissie !
Wishing you all the best, and keep that camera snapping........Dawn."
August 21st, 2009
Parkinson Sniper says:
"A real friend / sister for me :) nothing to say more... :)
CEO of Don-Ex"
March 6th, 2009
- Chrissie Cohen
- May 2007
- Worthing West Sussex, UK
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Full time carer at home to my Husband