Often I should be doing other things, but I take pictures instead -- I guess this defines me as a compulsive photographer.
I use flickr as a scrapbook -- I should make a tighter selection one of these days.
Don't expect much from my stream. I capture simple things.
Some of my favourite street shots from brilliant shooters: Flâneurs et Flâneuses
All photos presented here are under my copyright and cannot be copied, downloaded or used in any way without expressed, written permission by me (but if you wanna use them for any not-for-profit purpose, just let me know and I'll be happy to authorize that).
P.S. I realized that I look at what other people use for shooting what, and this is helping me build my digital camera bag. So, here is what I shoot digital with so far:
- Bodies. Nikon D3s, D90
and D60, Fuji X100 and X100s (plus a Nikon coolpix and an iPhone for emergencies)
- Lenses. Nikon: 24-70mm f/2.8G (if I had to keep only one lens, it would be this), 50mm f/1.4G (love it - all you really need on a full frame), 35mm f/1.8G, 35mm f/2D,
18-105mm VR (gone, but it has served me well), 18-55mm VR. Tokina: 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X PRO (highly recommended -- great on DX and a good 16mm prime on FX). Fuji: WCL-X100 (aka, 28mm converter for the X100).
Well, if you managed to read up to here, you are a pretty remarkable one - have a good day :)
- Global Street Photography 34,844 photos, 1,803 members
- Street Photography +99 220 photos, 658 members
- Risked Returning 1,006 photos, 1,826 members
- Street photography - Reflection, abstraction, distortion. 127 photos, 921 members
- Hardcore China Street Photography 4,517 photos, 674 members
- SPNC - Year 4 - # 20 80 photos, 122 members
- APF Magazine Street Photography Group 646 photos, 4,349 members
- Street Decisive Moments 851 photos, 911 members
- Street Photography Blog 1,683,483 photos, 53,632 members
- Poke My Eyes 325 photos, 642 members
- Street Leica Rangefinder 9,763 photos, 563 members
- Room in Colors 1,463 photos, 488 members
- Color Street Photography 365 1,231 photos, 2,184 members
- Street Legal 4,791 photos, 630 members
- New Street Photography World 799 photos, 3,489 members
- Time Out London 137,829 photos, 2,310 members
- In ictu oculi 2,041 photos, 768 members
- Street Minimalism | Color | 1,392 photos, 1,198 members
- Urban Picnic Street Photography 752 photos, 3,408 members
- Street Photographers' Salon 1,050 photos, 344 members
- Street Shots UK 4,932 photos, 1,007 members
- Loose Living 1,256 photos, 412 members
- The world is a street 749 photos, 1,461 members
- Vertical Framing Street Photography 412 photos, 310 members
- William Klein School 2,483 photos, 349 members
- Indoor 'Street' Shooting 2,890 photos, 611 members
- Elite Street Photography 746 photos, 5,983 members
- Street Noir 643 photos, 1,850 members
- across the street: minimalist street photography 3,883 photos, 4,207 members
- Street 1000views+100faves 1,002 photos, 1,255 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 11,269 photos, 6,911 members
- Street photography in Russia 2,189 photos, 396 members
- Pure Street Photography (Black & White only) 5,743 photos, 867 members
- The Sandman Cometh 821 photos, 367 members
- Erwitt and his Dogs 539 photos, 264 members
- Photographers' Rights. 213 photos, 3,580 members
- Don't Be A Lemming 931 photos, 1,582 members
- Amici della Street Photography 8,072 photos, 443 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 255 photos, 4,774 members
- Small Growers Street Association 265 photos, 1,127 members
- (SPUK) Street Photography UK 980 photos, 706 members
- MIRROR VIEWS from a STREET MENTALITY 4,499 photos, 618 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 580 photos, 2,733 members
- Eye Contact Street Photography 667 photos, 294 members
- The Street Photographer Notebook E-Magazine 5,620 photos, 2,841 members
- Triple Crown 581 photos, 110 members
- Candid Revelations 5,891 photos, 1,104 members
- Fotografía en cuarentena [nombre de calle] 2,764 photos, 671 members
- www.street-photographers.com 239 photos, 4,519 members
- un-posed.com 2,678 photos, 2,067 members
Reimi Gómez says:
"I know Chris from some time ago. And I can say he's got a great photographic eye. Many pretty and good photographs flood his photostream and it's a delight contemplate such a good gallery. Always expecting his street shots...
Take care my friend!
May 4th, 2011
"When I look at chris photos, I always think that the world is full of expressions. Weird, confusing, brilliant and wonderful at the same time. He has an unbelievable sense to catch unique moments.
Some people take pictures in a zoo, he takes pictures on the street. But there is one small difference: animals have no expressions like humans. He knows how to create magnificent and different moods or atmospheres with a human touch in one photo. Since that time I am sure the world is a big stage with actors who like to entertain us ;-)
So please keep us weird and amazed. Your work is wonderful and your skills are great as well.
December 22nd, 2010
Hannah Tich says:
"Chris is such an interesting photographer to follow. His photos are always unique and his attention to detail, lighting and composition are exquisite! No two photos are the same and each is pretty much breathtaking! If you aren't following his photostream already, you should- it's like enlightenment!"
October 6th, 2009
- August 2009
- London, UK
- I am:
- think, read, write, live.