Often I should be doing other things, but I take pictures instead -- I guess this defines me as a compulsive photographer.
I use flickr as a scrapbook -- I should make a tighter selection one of these days.
Don't expect much from my stream. I capture simple things.
Some of my favourite street shots from brilliant shooters: Flâneurs et Flâneuses
All photos presented here are under my copyright and cannot be copied, downloaded or used in any way without expressed, written permission by me (but if you wanna use them for any not-for-profit purpose, just let me know and I'll be happy to authorize that).
P.S. I realized that I look at what other people use for shooting what, and this is helping me build my digital camera bag. So, here is what I shoot digital with so far:
- Bodies. Nikon D3s, D90
and D60, Fuji X100 and X100s (plus a Nikon coolpix and an iPhone for emergencies)
- Lenses. Nikon: 24-70mm f/2.8G (if I had to keep only one lens, it would be this), 50mm f/1.4G (love it - all you really need on a full frame), 35mm f/1.8G, 35mm f/2D,
18-105mm VR (gone, but it has served me well), 18-55mm VR. Tokina: 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X PRO (highly recommended -- great on DX and a good 16mm prime on FX). Fuji: WCL-X100 (aka, 28mm converter for the X100).
Well, if you managed to read up to here, you are a pretty remarkable one - have a good day :)
- Global Street Photography 34,231 photos, 1,777 members
- Street Photography +99 221 photos, 659 members
- Risked Returning 1,007 photos, 1,831 members
- Street photography - Reflection, abstraction, distortion. 128 photos, 924 members
- Hardcore China Street Photography 4,516 photos, 676 members
- SPNC - Year 4 - # 20 80 photos, 122 members
- APF Magazine Street Photography Group 648 photos, 4,304 members
- Street Decisive Moments 856 photos, 910 members
- Street Photography Blog 1,702,600 photos, 53,190 members
- Poke My Eyes 325 photos, 646 members
- Street Leica Rangefinder 9,774 photos, 566 members
- Room in Colors 1,471 photos, 483 members
- Color Street Photography 365 1,222 photos, 2,169 members
- Street Legal 4,759 photos, 624 members
- New Street Photography World 793 photos, 3,469 members
- Time Out London 137,695 photos, 2,306 members
- In ictu oculi 2,021 photos, 765 members
- Street Minimalism | Color | 1,387 photos, 1,192 members
- Urban Picnic Street Photography 756 photos, 3,392 members
- Street Photographers' Salon 1,043 photos, 343 members
- Street Shots UK 4,851 photos, 990 members
- Loose Living 1,264 photos, 411 members
- The world is a street 744 photos, 1,463 members
- Vertical Framing Street Photography 413 photos, 310 members
- William Klein School 2,497 photos, 349 members
- Indoor 'Street' Shooting 2,910 photos, 613 members
- Elite Street Photography 749 photos, 5,983 members
- Street Noir 645 photos, 1,852 members
- across the street: minimalist street photography 3,920 photos, 4,210 members
- Street 1000views+100faves 1,003 photos, 1,259 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 11,287 photos, 6,924 members
- Street photography in Russia 2,260 photos, 394 members
- Pure Street Photography (Black & White only) 5,747 photos, 871 members
- The Sandman Cometh 825 photos, 366 members
- Erwitt and his Dogs 538 photos, 263 members
- Photographers' Rights. 218 photos, 3,593 members
- Don't Be A Lemming 935 photos, 1,578 members
- Amici della Street Photography 8,220 photos, 441 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 255 photos, 4,772 members
- Small Growers Street Association 266 photos, 1,127 members
- (SPUK) Street Photography UK 980 photos, 705 members
- MIRROR VIEWS from a STREET MENTALITY 4,576 photos, 619 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 581 photos, 2,731 members
- Eye Contact Street Photography 673 photos, 295 members
- The Street Photographer Notebook E-Magazine 5,611 photos, 2,841 members
- Triple Crown 583 photos, 110 members
- Candid Revelations 5,901 photos, 1,102 members
- Fotografía en cuarentena [nombre de calle] 2,761 photos, 670 members
- www.street-photographers.com 243 photos, 4,534 members
- un-posed.com 2,682 photos, 2,053 members
Reimi Gómez says:
"I know Chris from some time ago. And I can say he's got a great photographic eye. Many pretty and good photographs flood his photostream and it's a delight contemplate such a good gallery. Always expecting his street shots...
Take care my friend!
May 4th, 2011
"When I look at chris photos, I always think that the world is full of expressions. Weird, confusing, brilliant and wonderful at the same time. He has an unbelievable sense to catch unique moments.
Some people take pictures in a zoo, he takes pictures on the street. But there is one small difference: animals have no expressions like humans. He knows how to create magnificent and different moods or atmospheres with a human touch in one photo. Since that time I am sure the world is a big stage with actors who like to entertain us ;-)
So please keep us weird and amazed. Your work is wonderful and your skills are great as well.
December 22nd, 2010
Hannah Tich says:
"Chris is such an interesting photographer to follow. His photos are always unique and his attention to detail, lighting and composition are exquisite! No two photos are the same and each is pretty much breathtaking! If you aren't following his photostream already, you should- it's like enlightenment!"
October 6th, 2009
- August 2009
- London, UK
- I am:
- think, read, write, live.