Former scientist turned high performance computing IT nerd. Specializing in life science informatics in pharma, biotech and other demanding research environments. I do consulting & training and am trying really really hard not to become a talking head or suit who just does conference keynote and tradeshow talks. Spending a lot of time working on cloud computing and IaaS platforms like Amazon AWS.
I live in the Boston area when not traveling on biz but spend weekends in wonderful Western Maine. I seem to spend at least 50 or more nights a year staying in random Marriott properties around the world.
Most of my pictures are from work (infrastructure porn for IT nerds) or mundane things seen during long bouts of business travel. I love underwater photography, macro shots and wide angle fisheye lenses. I tend to take more pictures of nature and objects than people.
- Sun HPC Workshop September 2009 174 photos, 4 members
- Consumerist.com 153,733 photos, 5,201 members
- Fisheye fun! 12,541 photos, 811 members
- Armenia 6,855 photos, 753 members
- Banksy 23,795 photos, 21,372 members
- Datacenter 1,147 photos, 333 members
- Sebago Lake 173 photos, 25 members
- opensourcegridcluster-08 26 photos, 1 member
- The Maine Forest 1,032 photos, 65 members
- Snowmen and Women 2,240 photos, 830 members
- Snowman 1,614 photos, 477 members
- Photo of the Photographer: Camera must be in photographers photo 3,778 photos, 509 members
- Winter Wonderland 259,284 photos, 23,148 members
- White Winter 4,078 photos, 374 members
- steampunk 23,191 photos, 3,421 members
- Maine - The Way Life Should Be 34,142 photos, 1,833 members
- SGE-2007 135 photos, 3 members
- License to Drive 6,758 photos, 219 members
- Numberplates 5,294 photos, 254 members
- Porter Square 02140 219 photos, 81 members
- PI DAY! 169 photos, 100 members
- Apple stuff 998 photos, 57 members
- iPod Hacks 8 photos, 12 members
- Somerville, MA 3,947 photos, 291 members
- Business Trip 721 photos, 98 members
- Western Maine & Surrounding Areas 1,254 photos, 91 members
ChrisDag doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2007
- I am: