Former scientist turned high performance computing IT nerd. Specializing in life science informatics in pharma, biotech and other demanding research environments. I do consulting & training and am trying really really hard not to become a talking head or suit who just does conference keynote and tradeshow talks. Spending a lot of time working on cloud computing and IaaS platforms like Amazon AWS.
I live in the Boston area when not traveling on biz but spend weekends in wonderful Western Maine. I seem to spend at least 50 or more nights a year staying in random Marriott properties around the world.
Most of my pictures are from work (infrastructure porn for IT nerds) or mundane things seen during long bouts of business travel. I love underwater photography, macro shots and wide angle fisheye lenses. I tend to take more pictures of nature and objects than people.
- Sun HPC Workshop September 2009 174 photos, 4 members
- Consumerist.com 161,237 photos, 5,225 members
- Fisheye fun! 13,686 photos, 863 members
- Armenia 7,672 photos, 780 members
- Banksy 23,824 photos, 21,415 members
- Datacenter 1,183 photos, 336 members
- Sebago Lake 175 photos, 25 members
- opensourcegridcluster-08 26 photos, 1 member
- The Maine Forest 1,139 photos, 69 members
- Snowmen and Women 2,281 photos, 834 members
- Snowman 1,635 photos, 480 members
- Photo of the Photographer: Camera must be in photographers photo 3,919 photos, 512 members
- Winter Wonderland 269,360 photos, 23,776 members
- White Winter 4,287 photos, 402 members
- steampunk 24,245 photos, 3,505 members
- Maine - The Way Life Should Be 35,465 photos, 1,897 members
- SGE-2007 135 photos, 3 members
- License to Drive 7,285 photos, 222 members
- Numberplates 5,421 photos, 259 members
- Porter Square 02140 218 photos, 81 members
- PI DAY! 173 photos, 97 members
- Apple stuff 1,009 photos, 61 members
- iPod Hacks 8 photos, 12 members
- Somerville, MA 4,064 photos, 296 members
- Business Trip 760 photos, 104 members
- Western Maine & Surrounding Areas 1,257 photos, 94 members
ChrisDag doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2007
- I am: