Staying in Polokwane Limpopo Prov. South-Africa !
Married to an angel and blessed with 3 kids !
Enjoying wildlife, safari's, 4x4's and photography !
After marriage I stopped working fulltime as a safari-guide ,now doing safari's and bookings only parttime.... for the pure love of people and nature. Focus on those tourists who don't want to do the "big group" thing , but rather explore nature and places in small personalised groups.
Being a wildlife/nature photographer myself, I do know the needs in terms of filming wildlife and nature in this photo- heaven in which I'm blessed to live.
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
- Flickr No1 Pics 531,361 photos, 5,057 members
- your most beautiful pictures 269,116 photos, 6,353 members
- Nature of Wildlife 65,958 photos, 1,416 members
- Overland Adventures 891 photos, 60 members
- A.E. ( Level 1 ) "NOT AWARDING BAN" 119,228 photos, 4,739 members
- Smokin it Up! 16,194 photos, 299 members
- African Stargazers 57 photos, 33 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) 523,232 photos, 21,548 members
- Flickr Photographer 687,421 photos, 9,826 members
- The Best Wildlife Photography on Planet Earth. 42,397 photos, 544 members
- Antique Common Cars 168,166 photos, 548 members
- Amazing Wildlife Photography (High Quality Images Only) 132,826 photos, 4,290 members
- Super Group Photographic 601,351 photos, 6,282 members
- .»TRANSPORTATION« unusual, inventive, amazing 5,144 photos, 339 members
- Magnificent Southern African Wildlife 9,105 photos, 746 members
- pre*Game DUEL Showcase 4,801 photos, 105 members
- pre*Game Sweep Showcase 19,432 photos, 225 members
- South Africa 140,091 photos, 5,281 members
- The Wild Life 43,093 photos, 1,715 members
- Fotógrafos del Mundo - Photographers of the World - P 1 C 2 27,160 photos, 583 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 733,350 photos, 26,513 members
- Cats - Small to Big 150,177 photos, 11,509 members
- Flickr Number One !! 826,049 photos, 13,249 members
- Non Rock 16 photos, 1 member
- Desert Breath 10,568 photos, 1,567 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 264,807 photos, 13,782 members
- Golden Hour!! 69,402 photos, 7,513 members
- Ultimate Wildlife Photography-NO SCENICS OR BOTANY PICS PLEASE 63,047 photos, 2,407 members
- high quality nature 153,976 photos, 3,852 members
- One Bottle 30,574 photos, 5,415 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 50,059 photos, 8,021 members
- World Wildlife Showcase (By invitation only) 11,744 photos, 592 members
- pre*Game Challenges* 68,568 photos, 1,144 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 277,222 photos, 11,724 members
- BEST OF NATURE'S PRIME (post 1/award 3) (CLOSED) 35,274 photos, 5,373 members
- Ruins and Rust~(NO PEOPLE) 47,987 photos, 2,641 members
- Non Gold 121 photos, 1 member
- Non Silver 292 photos, 1 member
- Wildlife, KEEP IT WILD!!! 79,779 photos, 1,072 members
- Steam trains of South Africa 1,654 photos, 145 members
- 100-100-1000 group (p1/f1/c1) 6,433 photos, 829 members
- @ Large and Out of Africa 24,655 photos, 655 members
- Rock On Winners 922 photos, 49 members
- Wildlife Contest Gold (Nov-Jan winner announced) 105 photos, 41 members
- "BEST OF" Post only with 5 Wildlife Awards !!! 1,951 photos, 914 members
- Wildlife Contest: - UP & RUNNING again - Voting in Water, Insect 2,127 photos, 3,386 members
- Smoke & Steam 102,788 photos, 1,054 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 4,585,554 photos, 122,340 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 498,846 photos, 13,896 members
- Afrikaners en Afrikaans 566 photos, 89 members
"Chris has an eye for the beauty of his country and its nature which his photography brings to the rest of the world through some of the most stunning photography I have seen. I love he has continued to grow as a photographer, unafraid to experiment and explore, but most of all that he shares it with us. I have no doubt he will continue to astound us with his work, and that we will continue to see why he loves Africa so much."
May 30th, 2009
stupendous sugar says:
Baie dankie dat jy my 1 van jou kontakte gemaak het. Ek is deur al jou fotos en het dit ongelooflik geniet! Ek sit in 'n kantoor in die hartjie van die beton oerwoud maar voel nou SO trots om Afrika my huis te noem! Jou fotos is ongelooflik mooi! Jy MAG maar fotos neem...!
June 6th, 2008
"Chris is one of the most amazing photographers I have ever seen. The beauty and magic that he captures are just breathtaking. I love browsing his sets when I need to escape everyday life."
July 16th, 2007
"Chris is the best African wildlife photographer I've see on flickr. What is so great about his work is that the intrepetations are so unique in a field where almost every idea has already been shot. He has an amazingly creative eye and I always love seeing his latest shots."
May 8th, 2007
Nigel Dourley says:
"The images in Chris's portfolio show him to be an expert photographer. His wildlife shots are some of the best you will see on Flickr... he captures the colours, the atmosphere and above all the sheer majesty of his subjects... fantastic!"
February 27th, 2007
Rhys Jones Photography says:
"Chris's photo's are inspiring."
February 13th, 2007
"Chris's photo's are awe inspiring. Proof of a creator is evident in his absolutley fantastic wildlife work. These photos makes me want to visit his country. These photos are what photography should be about I think."
January 29th, 2007
"The photographs that I see from Chris are full of life ... his life. They are absolutely incredible views of life ... these photographs are views of, to put it simply, another world to most of us!
Keep up the excellent work!"
January 29th, 2007
- Chris vd Merwe
- October 2006
- Polokwane, South Africa
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Safari Operator / Tourguide