I bought a DSLR in Nov '07 and have been having fun taking photos since.
I mainly do landscapes as that's the genre that I really love. While I appreciate the skill of other types of photography, they don't give me that WOW factor that landscapes do.
View a slideshow of my pics
Follow me on
I also have some shots at which are suitable for your desktop wallpaper.
Some of my favourite shots:
Photos of Chris Gin (5)
- Your Best Shot 2018 7,613 photos, 11,387 members
- Amateur Photographer Magazine 976,569 photos, 16,226 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 2,021,876 photos, 74,408 members
- Landscape & Wildlife Photos of the World 1,812,238 photos, 59,038 members
- Lonely Planet 1,282,570 photos, 30,576 members
- ***This should be a Postcard!*** 268,908 photos, 12,603 members
- New Zealand is Beautiful. 10,632 photos, 72 members
- Dreamy Landscapes (Editors' choice) 26,539 photos, 4,600 members
- New Zealand 185,539 photos, 4,769 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 754,068 photos, 15,920 members
- /r/photography 106,467 photos, 4,369 members
- Flickr for iPhone 145,681 photos, 6,781 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 817,941 photos, 13,119 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 92,316 photos, 15,617 members
- New Zealand Geographic 108,384 photos, 4,113 members
- ND110 26,786 photos, 2,663 members
- Light Stalking 98,796 photos, 3,316 members
- Cat Land - NEW CONTEST - Musician Cats - TIME TO VOTE!!!!!!! 11,960 photos, 992 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,264 photos, 3,741 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 32,245 photos, 1,024 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,269,122 photos, 42,805 members
- Graduated Filters 11,860 photos, 1,002 members
Ashley Daws says:
"Can't really add much more than the others have written.
I find Chris's work to be of the highest standard on Flickr, not one shot have I seen in his stream that is not inspirational. His use of shutter speed, composition and lighting are exceptional. Nice work fella!
Not too sure of his sense of humour though LOL"
August 4th, 2009
Sonja Müller says:
"There's only a handful of excellent photographers on Flickr who are also generous and kind to us mere mortals - Chris is one of them. "The Brat Pack from Down South" are such awesome artists and you guys have really inspired me to go out there and learn more about my camera, my world and myself.
Chris, your landscapes are stunning. I've learned so much from you. Thank you for your kindness and generosity. You're a babe! :)"
July 4th, 2009
Mark Emirali says:
"This testimonial has been a long time coming!!, Chris’s work has really inspired me and he captures New Zealand in such a classy style. I have learnt a lot from his pictures and always enjoy Chris's sense of humor and comments.
There’s no better place to stop and take in the art of quality landscape photography or whatever Chris decides to capture. I've even dragged him out on a few photo trips to see if I can grab his secrets :-). Cheers Chris always a joy to see your work!"
July 3rd, 2009
"Tres belle galerie , tes photos sont tres original ! ce que j aime le plus c'est que tu laisses une grande place à l improvisation dans ta recherche de prise de vue et le résultat n en est que meilleurs !
pour résumer : des photos de super qualités et tres fraiches ...
je ne manquerai pas de commenter tout tes chef d œuvres !!!"
November 25th, 2008
Sarah Ann Wright says:
"Chris is by far one of the best landscape photographers I have seen on flickr, I don't know how he does it, but every photo is a true gem, and makes me green with envy (so I hope he's proud!). I only wish I could have captured NZ as well as he does during my short time there, but he inspires me to branch out and learn new landscape photography skills.
Big thanks to you for all your help and wonderful images Chris, I always look forward to the next upload!"
September 2nd, 2008
"Chris is an amazing reason why everyone should join Flickr! Besides the fact that his eye for seeing the beauty in the world in bar-none, he always takes the time to stop by , take a look and comment on your work! He has a great sense of humor and takes a genuine intrest in your photos!
I think that anyone who sees his work, agrees that Aukland NZ is one of the most beautiful places on earth! Thanks Chris for sharing!"
June 18th, 2008
- Chris Gin
- January 2006
- Auckland, New Zealand
- I am:
- Software Developer