I'm fascinated by how we used to live, and what the world used to be like. I've been brought up with technology, modern and old, and I've managed to knit them together professionally. I love music, play mandolin, and suffer from an obsession with early synthesisers.
I've been around computers since I was three. I used to work in an archive. I am an archaeologist specialising in archaeological computing.
I love photography and am trying to get better at it. I have a penchant for liking strange electronic and experimental music.
My website is at tom.goskar.com/
Please feel free to tag my photos.
If you'd like to use any of my Creative Commons photos (which is most of them), please feel free. They are generally covered by an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. As per the "Attribution" part of the license, please include my name, Tom Goskar, with a link back to my photostream, or to my personal blog at tom.goskar.com/
Photos of *Tom* (10)
- Synthtopia 8,872 photos, 1,164 members
- Synthesizers 4,916 photos, 979 members
- The Session 1,321 photos, 199 members
- Archaeology in Action 4,096 photos, 649 members
- Santiago de Chile 64,470 photos, 4,509 members
- Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM 18,368 photos, 1,799 members
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD SP 37,038 photos, 2,146 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,853,872 photos, 189,559 members
- Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II 89,444 photos, 7,432 members
- Bridges 161,733 photos, 13,382 members
- High Tech Archaeology 185 photos, 36 members
- Copper Industrial Heritage 487 photos, 42 members
- Real Cider 334 photos, 70 members
- Bizarre Illustrations & Drawings & Arts 154,860 photos, 6,876 members
- Boing Boing 137,740 photos, 5,193 members
- Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 SSC 9,462 photos, 1,519 members
- FD EOS: the Canon DSLR with FD Lenses 1,331 photos, 264 members
- Satellite™ 34 photos, 227 members
- MOON Shots 139,549 photos, 26,548 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 343,467 photos, 14,038 members
- piers, boardwalks & any thing else sea side 193,963 photos, 12,112 members
- Swansea Bay, Mumbles and Gower 8,696 photos, 354 members
- WelshFlickrCymru 216,300 photos, 3,494 members
- South Wales 82,384 photos, 1,369 members
- Swansea 14,563 photos, 522 members
- Water Lane 56 photos, 8 members
- Vignette for Android 27,235 photos, 2,045 members
- Palermo, Italy 23,861 photos, 1,866 members
- Empty Underground 1,841 photos, 306 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 402,668 photos, 103,836 members
- City of Westminster 21,266 photos, 769 members
- Small Wheel Society 7,164 photos, 586 members
- Vintage Spirit Photography 124 photos, 1,215 members
- Brompton folding bicycles 11,556 photos, 1,601 members
- Rainbow Warriors 10,387 photos, 4,733 members
- Mushrooms 108,870 photos, 9,931 members
- be Poladroid ! 78,704 photos, 20,761 members
- Connections... 12 photos, 21 members
- The Bathcamp ducks go forth 1,167 photos, 8 members
- GDSF 40 936 photos, 47 members
- GDSF 6,743 photos, 184 members
- Nokia E71 344 photos, 65 members
- Bad translations -- mauvaises traductions -- brutte traduzioni 4,892 photos, 828 members
- Engrish 11,105 photos, 2,749 members
- National Trust 91,095 photos, 5,874 members
- Museum of London 1,528 photos, 359 members
- The Great Tate Mod Blog 177 photos, 156 members
- Edit Photo 5,458 photos, 590 members
- Rural Decay 238,917 photos, 46,524 members
- Penzance and Newlyn 4,062 photos, 315 members
"Never spoken to the bloke, but found what he said at IFA in Edinburgh very interesting and, dare I say, inspirational."
May 29th, 2007
Shadow Giant says:
"What can I say about Tom.
I have known him for some time now through work. He has always given me time and shown patience when I, Mr Technophobe have asked him stupid questions.
Tom has been very instrumental in my joining flickr and has been a great encouragement to me in both my blog and my photography. He is one of my biggest critics and I admire him for his honesty.
Tom is also a wizard with web pages, computers, lighting and photography, but can he hang a door or lay a floor? Probably!.
Both Tom and his wife Tehm are easy going, honest, interesting and intelligent people always ready to give good sound advice. All are rare commodities in one person, to find two such persons is almost unheard of.
June 15th, 2006
- Tom Goskar
- August 2005
- Penzance, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog