I'm fascinated by how we used to live, and what the world used to be like. I've been brought up with technology, modern and old, and I've managed to knit them together professionally.
I've been around computers since I was three. I used to work in an archive. I am an archaeologist specialising in archaeological computing.
I love photography and am trying to get better at it. I have a penchant for liking strange electronic and experimental music.
I run Past Thinking, a blog that covers the past, present and future. My personal blog, for things other than heritage is at tom.goskar.com/
Please feel free to tag my photos.
If you'd like to use any of my Creative Commons photos (which is most of them), please feel free. They are generally covered by an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. As per the "Attribution" part of the license, please include my name, Tom Goskar, with a link back to my photostream, or to my personal blog at tom.goskar.com/
Photos of *Tom* (10)
- Santiago de Chile 53,932 photos, 4,076 members
- Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM 15,360 photos, 1,552 members
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD SP 30,463 photos, 1,867 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 3,666,414 photos, 167,799 members
- Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II 77,010 photos, 6,570 members
- Bridges 134,714 photos, 12,172 members
- High Tech Archaeology 188 photos, 33 members
- Copper Industrial Heritage 273 photos, 25 members
- Real Cider 304 photos, 65 members
- Bizarre Illustrations & Drawings & Arts 135,609 photos, 6,822 members
- Boing Boing 112,354 photos, 5,261 members
- Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 SSC 5,184 photos, 837 members
- FD EOS: the Canon DSLR with FD Lenses 1,006 photos, 240 members
- Satellite™ 33 photos, 233 members
- MOON Shots 112,395 photos, 23,920 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 317,095 photos, 14,094 members
- piers, boardwalks & any thing else sea side 160,237 photos, 11,261 members
- Swansea Bay, Mumbles and Gower 7,110 photos, 301 members
- WelshFlickrCymru 177,787 photos, 3,039 members
- South Wales 54,359 photos, 1,161 members
- Swansea 11,977 photos, 465 members
- Water Lane 56 photos, 8 members
- Vignette for Android 27,813 photos, 2,127 members
- Palermo, Italy 16,896 photos, 1,643 members
- Empty Underground 1,329 photos, 275 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 416,645 photos, 106,012 members
- City of Westminster 15,197 photos, 706 members
- Small Wheel Society 6,577 photos, 542 members
- Vintage Spirit Photography 202 photos, 1,223 members
- Brompton folding bicycles 10,766 photos, 1,421 members
- Rainbow Warriors 10,006 photos, 4,759 members
- Mushrooms 78,784 photos, 8,909 members
- be Poladroid ! 81,489 photos, 21,219 members
- Connections... 12 photos, 22 members
- The Bathcamp ducks go forth 1,164 photos, 8 members
- GDSF 40 936 photos, 45 members
- GDSF 5,220 photos, 152 members
- Nokia E71 361 photos, 69 members
- Bad translations -- mauvaises traductions -- brutte traduzioni 4,808 photos, 831 members
- Engrish 11,289 photos, 2,812 members
- National Trust 68,423 photos, 5,191 members
- Museum of London 989 photos, 296 members
- The Great Tate Mod Blog 167 photos, 165 members
- Edit Photo 2,447 photos, 486 members
- Rural Decay 206,101 photos, 38,226 members
- Penzance and Newlyn 3,198 photos, 277 members
- Ghosts 14,014 photos, 3,787 members
- WordPress 3,845 photos, 1,734 members
- Herculaneum 1,219 photos, 85 members
- BARI, Puglia, Italia (BARI, Apulia, Italy) 7,206 photos, 620 members
"Never spoken to the bloke, but found what he said at IFA in Edinburgh very interesting and, dare I say, inspirational."
May 29th, 2007
Shadow Giant says:
"What can I say about Tom.
I have known him for some time now through work. He has always given me time and shown patience when I, Mr Technophobe have asked him stupid questions.
Tom has been very instrumental in my joining flickr and has been a great encouragement to me in both my blog and my photography. He is one of my biggest critics and I admire him for his honesty.
Tom is also a wizard with web pages, computers, lighting and photography, but can he hang a door or lay a floor? Probably!.
Both Tom and his wife Tehm are easy going, honest, interesting and intelligent people always ready to give good sound advice. All are rare commodities in one person, to find two such persons is almost unheard of.
June 15th, 2006
- Tom Goskar
- August 2005
- Penzance, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog