I'm fascinated by how we used to live, and what the world used to be like. I've been brought up with technology, modern and old, and I've managed to knit them together professionally.
I've been around computers since I was three. I used to work in an archive. I am an archaeologist specialising in archaeological computing.
I love photography and am trying to get better at it. I have a penchant for liking strange electronic and experimental music.
I run Past Thinking, a blog that covers the past, present and future. My personal blog, for things other than heritage is at tom.goskar.com/
Please feel free to tag my photos.
If you'd like to use any of my Creative Commons photos (which is most of them), please feel free. They are generally covered by an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. As per the "Attribution" part of the license, please include my name, Tom Goskar, with a link back to my photostream, or to my personal blog at tom.goskar.com/
Photos of *Tom* (10)
- Santiago de Chile 59,406 photos, 4,283 members
- Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM 17,123 photos, 1,674 members
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD SP 33,510 photos, 1,993 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,227,583 photos, 179,695 members
- Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II 84,092 photos, 7,073 members
- Bridges 145,805 photos, 12,875 members
- High Tech Archaeology 198 photos, 34 members
- Copper Industrial Heritage 318 photos, 30 members
- Real Cider 310 photos, 67 members
- Bizarre Illustrations & Drawings & Arts 143,767 photos, 6,867 members
- Boing Boing 125,552 photos, 5,279 members
- Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 SSC 6,940 photos, 1,136 members
- FD EOS: the Canon DSLR with FD Lenses 1,130 photos, 254 members
- Satellite™ 34 photos, 232 members
- MOON Shots 123,486 photos, 25,331 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 332,655 photos, 14,192 members
- piers, boardwalks & any thing else sea side 174,725 photos, 11,745 members
- Swansea Bay, Mumbles and Gower 8,180 photos, 328 members
- WelshFlickrCymru 196,620 photos, 3,284 members
- South Wales 62,531 photos, 1,270 members
- Swansea 13,329 photos, 498 members
- Water Lane 56 photos, 8 members
- Vignette for Android 27,643 photos, 2,103 members
- Palermo, Italy 19,180 photos, 1,753 members
- Empty Underground 1,524 photos, 296 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,904 photos, 105,720 members
- City of Westminster 17,777 photos, 742 members
- Small Wheel Society 6,966 photos, 572 members
- Vintage Spirit Photography 202 photos, 1,228 members
- Brompton folding bicycles 11,357 photos, 1,522 members
- Rainbow Warriors 10,152 photos, 4,768 members
- Mushrooms 86,697 photos, 9,369 members
- be Poladroid ! 80,819 photos, 21,116 members
- Connections... 12 photos, 22 members
- The Bathcamp ducks go forth 1,167 photos, 8 members
- GDSF 40 936 photos, 45 members
- GDSF 5,467 photos, 167 members
- Nokia E71 346 photos, 66 members
- Bad translations -- mauvaises traductions -- brutte traduzioni 4,865 photos, 840 members
- Engrish 11,187 photos, 2,813 members
- National Trust 77,300 photos, 5,556 members
- Museum of London 1,305 photos, 321 members
- The Great Tate Mod Blog 139 photos, 164 members
- Edit Photo 3,133 photos, 538 members
- Rural Decay 225,219 photos, 42,541 members
- Penzance and Newlyn 3,656 photos, 290 members
- Ghosts 15,592 photos, 3,882 members
- WordPress 3,953 photos, 1,738 members
- Herculaneum 1,267 photos, 100 members
- BARI, Puglia, Italia (BARI, Apulia, Italy) 7,844 photos, 658 members
"Never spoken to the bloke, but found what he said at IFA in Edinburgh very interesting and, dare I say, inspirational."
May 29th, 2007
Shadow Giant says:
"What can I say about Tom.
I have known him for some time now through work. He has always given me time and shown patience when I, Mr Technophobe have asked him stupid questions.
Tom has been very instrumental in my joining flickr and has been a great encouragement to me in both my blog and my photography. He is one of my biggest critics and I admire him for his honesty.
Tom is also a wizard with web pages, computers, lighting and photography, but can he hang a door or lay a floor? Probably!.
Both Tom and his wife Tehm are easy going, honest, interesting and intelligent people always ready to give good sound advice. All are rare commodities in one person, to find two such persons is almost unheard of.
June 15th, 2006
- Tom Goskar
- August 2005
- Penzance, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog