I'm fascinated by how we used to live, and what the world used to be like. I've been brought up with technology, modern and old, and I've managed to knit them together professionally.
I've been around computers since I was three. I used to work in an archive. I am an archaeologist specialising in archaeological computing.
I love photography and am trying to get better at it. I have a penchant for liking strange electronic and experimental music.
I run Past Thinking, a blog that covers the past, present and future. My personal blog, for things other than heritage is at tom.goskar.com/
Please feel free to tag my photos.
If you'd like to use any of my Creative Commons photos (which is most of them), please feel free. They are generally covered by an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. As per the "Attribution" part of the license, please include my name, Tom Goskar, with a link back to my photostream, or to my personal blog at tom.goskar.com/
Photos of *Tom* (10)
- The Session 1,166 photos, 190 members
- Archaeology in Action 4,098 photos, 645 members
- Santiago de Chile 60,576 photos, 4,319 members
- Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM 17,490 photos, 1,701 members
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD SP 34,157 photos, 2,027 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,345,563 photos, 181,838 members
- Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II 85,143 photos, 7,133 members
- Bridges 148,419 photos, 12,997 members
- High Tech Archaeology 184 photos, 35 members
- Copper Industrial Heritage 325 photos, 30 members
- Real Cider 311 photos, 67 members
- Bizarre Illustrations & Drawings & Arts 145,283 photos, 6,868 members
- Boing Boing 127,983 photos, 5,270 members
- Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 SSC 7,335 photos, 1,194 members
- FD EOS: the Canon DSLR with FD Lenses 1,186 photos, 255 members
- Satellite™ 34 photos, 232 members
- MOON Shots 125,657 photos, 25,546 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 335,109 photos, 14,184 members
- piers, boardwalks & any thing else sea side 178,265 photos, 11,824 members
- Swansea Bay, Mumbles and Gower 8,289 photos, 330 members
- WelshFlickrCymru 200,446 photos, 3,315 members
- South Wales 64,471 photos, 1,281 members
- Swansea 13,378 photos, 501 members
- Water Lane 56 photos, 8 members
- Vignette for Android 27,668 photos, 2,103 members
- Palermo, Italy 19,609 photos, 1,773 members
- Empty Underground 1,604 photos, 301 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,679 photos, 105,645 members
- City of Westminster 18,374 photos, 746 members
- Small Wheel Society 6,983 photos, 570 members
- Vintage Spirit Photography 202 photos, 1,228 members
- Brompton folding bicycles 11,419 photos, 1,544 members
- Rainbow Warriors 10,190 photos, 4,771 members
- Mushrooms 89,372 photos, 9,463 members
- be Poladroid ! 80,791 photos, 21,079 members
- Connections... 12 photos, 22 members
- The Bathcamp ducks go forth 1,167 photos, 8 members
- GDSF 40 936 photos, 46 members
- GDSF 6,058 photos, 174 members
- Nokia E71 346 photos, 66 members
- Bad translations -- mauvaises traductions -- brutte traduzioni 4,883 photos, 837 members
- Engrish 11,175 photos, 2,806 members
- National Trust 79,431 photos, 5,626 members
- Museum of London 1,142 photos, 330 members
- The Great Tate Mod Blog 141 photos, 164 members
- Edit Photo 3,543 photos, 546 members
- Rural Decay 229,660 photos, 44,700 members
- Penzance and Newlyn 3,722 photos, 294 members
- Ghosts 15,733 photos, 3,896 members
- WordPress 4,040 photos, 1,743 members
"Never spoken to the bloke, but found what he said at IFA in Edinburgh very interesting and, dare I say, inspirational."
May 29th, 2007
Shadow Giant says:
"What can I say about Tom.
I have known him for some time now through work. He has always given me time and shown patience when I, Mr Technophobe have asked him stupid questions.
Tom has been very instrumental in my joining flickr and has been a great encouragement to me in both my blog and my photography. He is one of my biggest critics and I admire him for his honesty.
Tom is also a wizard with web pages, computers, lighting and photography, but can he hang a door or lay a floor? Probably!.
Both Tom and his wife Tehm are easy going, honest, interesting and intelligent people always ready to give good sound advice. All are rare commodities in one person, to find two such persons is almost unheard of.
June 15th, 2006
- Tom Goskar
- August 2005
- Penzance, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog