I'm fascinated by how we used to live, and what the world used to be like. I've been brought up with technology, modern and old, and I've managed to knit them together professionally.
I've been around computers since I was three. I used to work in an archive. I am an archaeologist specialising in archaeological computing.
I love photography and am trying to get better at it. I have a penchant for liking strange electronic and experimental music.
I run Past Thinking, a blog that covers the past, present and future. My personal blog, for things other than heritage is at tom.goskar.com/
Please feel free to tag my photos.
If you'd like to use any of my Creative Commons photos (which is most of them), please feel free. They are generally covered by an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. As per the "Attribution" part of the license, please include my name, Tom Goskar, with a link back to my photostream, or to my personal blog at tom.goskar.com/
Photos of *Tom* (10)
- Santiago de Chile 59,882 photos, 4,296 members
- Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM 17,319 photos, 1,686 members
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD SP 33,877 photos, 2,007 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,273,286 photos, 180,517 members
- Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II 84,594 photos, 7,096 members
- Bridges 146,796 photos, 12,924 members
- High Tech Archaeology 183 photos, 34 members
- Copper Industrial Heritage 323 photos, 30 members
- Real Cider 310 photos, 67 members
- Bizarre Illustrations & Drawings & Arts 144,265 photos, 6,866 members
- Boing Boing 126,356 photos, 5,277 members
- Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 SSC 7,119 photos, 1,163 members
- FD EOS: the Canon DSLR with FD Lenses 1,152 photos, 253 members
- Satellite™ 34 photos, 232 members
- MOON Shots 124,109 photos, 25,402 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 333,643 photos, 14,184 members
- piers, boardwalks & any thing else sea side 176,147 photos, 11,783 members
- Swansea Bay, Mumbles and Gower 8,244 photos, 328 members
- WelshFlickrCymru 198,171 photos, 3,301 members
- South Wales 63,292 photos, 1,271 members
- Swansea 13,395 photos, 499 members
- Water Lane 56 photos, 8 members
- Vignette for Android 27,698 photos, 2,106 members
- Palermo, Italy 19,439 photos, 1,763 members
- Empty Underground 1,584 photos, 296 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,350 photos, 105,695 members
- City of Westminster 18,030 photos, 744 members
- Small Wheel Society 6,982 photos, 574 members
- Vintage Spirit Photography 202 photos, 1,229 members
- Brompton folding bicycles 11,403 photos, 1,535 members
- Rainbow Warriors 10,166 photos, 4,768 members
- Mushrooms 87,392 photos, 9,402 members
- be Poladroid ! 80,840 photos, 21,106 members
- Connections... 12 photos, 22 members
- The Bathcamp ducks go forth 1,167 photos, 8 members
- GDSF 40 936 photos, 45 members
- GDSF 5,756 photos, 171 members
- Nokia E71 346 photos, 66 members
- Bad translations -- mauvaises traductions -- brutte traduzioni 4,873 photos, 839 members
- Engrish 11,196 photos, 2,813 members
- National Trust 78,097 photos, 5,567 members
- Museum of London 1,141 photos, 326 members
- The Great Tate Mod Blog 139 photos, 164 members
- Edit Photo 3,232 photos, 542 members
- Rural Decay 226,843 photos, 43,126 members
- Penzance and Newlyn 3,673 photos, 293 members
- Ghosts 15,616 photos, 3,889 members
- WordPress 3,965 photos, 1,742 members
- Herculaneum 1,269 photos, 101 members
- BARI, Puglia, Italia (BARI, Apulia, Italy) 7,914 photos, 660 members
"Never spoken to the bloke, but found what he said at IFA in Edinburgh very interesting and, dare I say, inspirational."
May 29th, 2007
Shadow Giant says:
"What can I say about Tom.
I have known him for some time now through work. He has always given me time and shown patience when I, Mr Technophobe have asked him stupid questions.
Tom has been very instrumental in my joining flickr and has been a great encouragement to me in both my blog and my photography. He is one of my biggest critics and I admire him for his honesty.
Tom is also a wizard with web pages, computers, lighting and photography, but can he hang a door or lay a floor? Probably!.
Both Tom and his wife Tehm are easy going, honest, interesting and intelligent people always ready to give good sound advice. All are rare commodities in one person, to find two such persons is almost unheard of.
June 15th, 2006
- Tom Goskar
- August 2005
- Penzance, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog