I like to take photos during my free time.
When I'm not working or spending time with family, I also eat daifuku (rice cake). If you're free, let's meet, snack on daifuku, and take some random pictures together!
facebook | instagram | personal site
Any inquiries on my photos, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use any of my photographs without permission, as you only need to ask.
- Nikon D700 314,077 photos, 15,315 members
- SAKURA 5,115 photos, 281 members
- Sakura / Cherry Blossom - Hanami for Japan 2011 2,840 photos, 379 members
- Rokinon 85mm, f1.4 and related lenses. 1,525 photos, 236 members
- Walimex Pro 85mm f1.4 86 photos, 10 members
- Samyang 85mm 1,4 14,382 photos, 2,150 members
- samyang 85mm f1.4 828 photos, 135 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G 24,381 photos, 4,181 members
- Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G 13,637 photos, 1,831 members
- Nikon D300 / D300s and 85mm 1.4D or 1.4G 2,044 photos, 239 members
- World in 85mm 2,742 photos, 206 members
- 85mm f-? 4,207 photos, 204 members
- 85mm 56,007 photos, 3,963 members
- 100 Strangers 47,586 photos, 11,092 members
- Can I take your picture? 32,537 photos, 2,009 members
- The Portrait Group 2,755,835 photos, 154,319 members
- portraits and faces. 1,389,458 photos, 74,308 members
- STRANGERS! 45,092 photos, 1,528 members
- strangers 23,002 photos, 967 members
- Portraits Around the World 6,849 photos, 482 members
- Portraits of Strangers 2,391 photos, 115 members
- Pentax Film Cameras 91,529 photos, 3,816 members
- Spotmatic for the People 14,682 photos, 1,181 members
- Asahi Pentax Spotmatic 35,927 photos, 2,554 members
- Video Game Fetishism 10,673 photos, 899 members
- Gamers 16,068 photos, 1,382 members
- Games, games and more games!!! 6,940 photos, 429 members
- Retro Gaming 11,307 photos, 2,004 members
- Video game world 38,701 photos, 3,609 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,911 photos, 664 members
- Console Fanatic Collections 1,114 photos, 127 members
- Smugglers' Notch 745 photos, 43 members
- Vermont 20,628 photos, 1,113 members
- Vermont People and Places 19,832 photos, 1,386 members
- Vermont Hiking, Climbing & Skiing 1,447 photos, 189 members
- Chicago... 143,323 photos, 8,723 members
- Chicago, The Windy City 8,908 photos, 337 members
- canon film photography 189,989 photos, 10,675 members
- Rangefinders 174,349 photos, 3,166 members
- Hexanon & Hexar Users Group (aka HHUG) 10,849 photos, 437 members
- Life in the Street Photography 130,851 photos, 2,637 members
- LGBT 27,378 photos, 3,219 members
- Gay Pride 67,588 photos, 3,080 members
- Toronto 164,106 photos, 10,150 members
- Billiard 2,126 photos, 456 members
- Eight Ball 998 photos, 435 members
- Billiard worldwide - 撞球天地 1,876 photos, 414 members
- Pool Junkies 5,330 photos, 1,398 members
- Canon PowerShot S100 25,684 photos, 1,638 members
- canon digital photography. 658,719 photos, 12,249 members
"There's someone out there (namely, the shining star who introduced me to Chris' work) who called him an urban rat who easily transforms into Nature's elf. She's right, and I'm glad she opened my eyes to Daifuku Sensei's stream. Chris has a rare talent for making pictures that tell stories in his photographs. Whether it's nature as it is, nature in the abstract, a mix of both, or whether it's urban in all its grit and rust, in its shiny metallic glory, or (yes) a mix of both... Chris' depiction is uniquely his. I'm not sure what magic he employs, but most times he bends the laws of physics and shows us the world in mind-warping new lights and perspectives. Views from beneath a towering building, views outward from a towering building, ground shots along a train station, unimaginable angles of plants that show them in a completely new light.... all incredibly good, and incredibly Daifuku Sensei. (I even like his HDR works, because he uses HDR to enhance his subject whereas so many others let the HDR use them and ruin their photos.) Just look at his stream, feel the magic, and tell me I'm wrong. I'm every bit confident that you can't."
May 6th, 2009
one under the sun says:
"Chris can transform himself from an Urban Rat to the Nature's Elf in no time. His urban shots are vibrant, alive, pulsating. A true HDR Sensei. His nature shots are filled with subtle and dreamy lyricism. And I always wonder how a guy who is so obssessed with cars can see the delicate beauty of a little flower growing between train tracks.
Chris is also lens aficionado and is not afraid to to put them into good use. He is constantly searching for new products or precious oldies found in his dad’s attic.
I have the privilege to know Chris personally. He is my best photo-walk buddy. I always look forward to spending time with him because his enthusiasm is contagious. He is also my teacher and I cannot even think of many times when he helped me with my programs, answered my dumb questions, or fixed my mistakes.
His photostream is a must."
February 20th, 2009
Norah M says:
"His shots are different. He knows how to compose them, how to shoot a place/thing from a different angle than most of people do.
He is talented and he can shoot everything! landscape(of course!), macro, nightshots..etc and the outcome is always wonderful and full of life!
When it comes to the personality, I think that Chris is one of the wonderful, lovely and kind people I've ever met here in flickr.
He is one of the first contacts that encouraged me when I started photography and still does.
Thank you Chris.. I'm very happy to know you, you are an amazing flickr friend =)
Keep up the good work..
January 6th, 2009
"As one of my earliest contacts on flickr, it has been a real pleasure to follow Chris’ development into a fine photographer. His eye for colour, his appreciation of the dramatic and his experimental heart make his art thoughtful, exciting and fun in equal measure. His photostream is always of a consistently high quality and always worth the time spent viewing. He has a unique style; you know instantly when you see a Daifuku Sensei photo.
At first glance his fantastic HDR and PS treatments jump to the fore, not too surprising given the obvious care and attention he lavishes on his post processing. With Chris you’re not looking at a case of using post processing to cover any defects in composition or technique but as a powerful addition to an already strong photographic identity. HdaRt indeed.
He’s certainly been an inspiration to me. I think I’ve tried more new approaches to my own work because of his influence than that of any other flickr photographer. There can be no doubt that he has sold more 10-20mm lenses than any amount of advertising or hard sell salesmen. Sigma should be paying him to use their lenses. In addition to all this, his kind, considerate and encouraging commenting, allied to his ever ready good humour make him the perfect flickr friend."
July 17th, 2008
- April 2007
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: