I like to take photos during my free time.
When I'm not working or spending time with family, I also eat daifuku (rice cake). If you're free, let's meet, snack on daifuku, and take some random pictures together!
facebook | instagram | personal site
Any inquiries on my photos, please contact me at email@example.com. Please do not use any of my photographs without permission, as you only need to ask.
- Nikon D300 Portraits 15,756 photos, 824 members
- Nikon D700 326,275 photos, 15,675 members
- SAKURA 6,171 photos, 330 members
- Sakura / Cherry Blossom - Hanami for Japan 2011 3,532 photos, 459 members
- Rokinon 85mm, f1.4 and related lenses. 2,015 photos, 321 members
- Walimex Pro 85mm f1.4 194 photos, 21 members
- Samyang 85mm 1,4 16,275 photos, 2,588 members
- samyang 85mm f1.4 1,207 photos, 186 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G 30,338 photos, 5,012 members
- Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G 17,296 photos, 2,291 members
- Nikon D300 / D300s and 85mm 1.4D or 1.4G 2,440 photos, 265 members
- World in 85mm 3,320 photos, 254 members
- 85mm f-? 6,528 photos, 242 members
- 85mm 61,334 photos, 4,297 members
- Photo of the Year 2015 136,204 photos, 4,166 members
- 100 Strangers 49,134 photos, 11,473 members
- Can I take your picture? 35,104 photos, 2,029 members
- The Portrait Group 2,855,619 photos, 158,818 members
- portraits and faces. 1,564,118 photos, 82,623 members
- STRANGERS! 54,741 photos, 1,618 members
- strangers 24,724 photos, 975 members
- Portraits Around the World 11,057 photos, 635 members
- Portraits of Strangers 2,714 photos, 120 members
- Pentax Film Cameras 105,283 photos, 4,182 members
- Spotmatic for the People 15,312 photos, 1,249 members
- Asahi Pentax Spotmatic 36,884 photos, 2,729 members
- Video Game Fetishism 14,307 photos, 944 members
- Gamers 21,666 photos, 1,518 members
- Games, games and more games!!! 8,781 photos, 449 members
- Retro Gaming 11,722 photos, 2,054 members
- Video game world 50,942 photos, 3,788 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 5,322 photos, 695 members
- Console Fanatic Collections 1,131 photos, 139 members
- Smugglers' Notch 750 photos, 45 members
- Vermont 21,440 photos, 1,167 members
- Vermont People and Places 20,323 photos, 1,417 members
- Vermont Hiking, Climbing & Skiing 1,511 photos, 203 members
- Chicago... 150,260 photos, 8,867 members
- Chicago, The Windy City 10,582 photos, 379 members
- canon film photography 203,429 photos, 11,107 members
- Rangefinders 197,032 photos, 3,356 members
- Hexanon & Hexar Users Group (aka HHUG) 12,775 photos, 479 members
- Life in the Street Photography 165,260 photos, 2,997 members
- LGBT 28,174 photos, 3,307 members
- Gay Pride 69,739 photos, 3,128 members
- Toronto 172,245 photos, 10,363 members
- Billiard 2,580 photos, 458 members
- Eight Ball 999 photos, 438 members
- Billiard worldwide - 撞球天地 1,898 photos, 429 members
- Pool Junkies 5,382 photos, 1,421 members
"There's someone out there (namely, the shining star who introduced me to Chris' work) who called him an urban rat who easily transforms into Nature's elf. She's right, and I'm glad she opened my eyes to Daifuku Sensei's stream. Chris has a rare talent for making pictures that tell stories in his photographs. Whether it's nature as it is, nature in the abstract, a mix of both, or whether it's urban in all its grit and rust, in its shiny metallic glory, or (yes) a mix of both... Chris' depiction is uniquely his. I'm not sure what magic he employs, but most times he bends the laws of physics and shows us the world in mind-warping new lights and perspectives. Views from beneath a towering building, views outward from a towering building, ground shots along a train station, unimaginable angles of plants that show them in a completely new light.... all incredibly good, and incredibly Daifuku Sensei. (I even like his HDR works, because he uses HDR to enhance his subject whereas so many others let the HDR use them and ruin their photos.) Just look at his stream, feel the magic, and tell me I'm wrong. I'm every bit confident that you can't."
May 6th, 2009
one under the sun says:
"Chris can transform himself from an Urban Rat to the Nature's Elf in no time. His urban shots are vibrant, alive, pulsating. A true HDR Sensei. His nature shots are filled with subtle and dreamy lyricism. And I always wonder how a guy who is so obssessed with cars can see the delicate beauty of a little flower growing between train tracks.
Chris is also lens aficionado and is not afraid to to put them into good use. He is constantly searching for new products or precious oldies found in his dad’s attic.
I have the privilege to know Chris personally. He is my best photo-walk buddy. I always look forward to spending time with him because his enthusiasm is contagious. He is also my teacher and I cannot even think of many times when he helped me with my programs, answered my dumb questions, or fixed my mistakes.
His photostream is a must."
February 20th, 2009
Norah M says:
"His shots are different. He knows how to compose them, how to shoot a place/thing from a different angle than most of people do.
He is talented and he can shoot everything! landscape(of course!), macro, nightshots..etc and the outcome is always wonderful and full of life!
When it comes to the personality, I think that Chris is one of the wonderful, lovely and kind people I've ever met here in flickr.
He is one of the first contacts that encouraged me when I started photography and still does.
Thank you Chris.. I'm very happy to know you, you are an amazing flickr friend =)
Keep up the good work..
January 6th, 2009
"As one of my earliest contacts on flickr, it has been a real pleasure to follow Chris’ development into a fine photographer. His eye for colour, his appreciation of the dramatic and his experimental heart make his art thoughtful, exciting and fun in equal measure. His photostream is always of a consistently high quality and always worth the time spent viewing. He has a unique style; you know instantly when you see a Daifuku Sensei photo.
At first glance his fantastic HDR and PS treatments jump to the fore, not too surprising given the obvious care and attention he lavishes on his post processing. With Chris you’re not looking at a case of using post processing to cover any defects in composition or technique but as a powerful addition to an already strong photographic identity. HdaRt indeed.
He’s certainly been an inspiration to me. I think I’ve tried more new approaches to my own work because of his influence than that of any other flickr photographer. There can be no doubt that he has sold more 10-20mm lenses than any amount of advertising or hard sell salesmen. Sigma should be paying him to use their lenses. In addition to all this, his kind, considerate and encouraging commenting, allied to his ever ready good humour make him the perfect flickr friend."
July 17th, 2008
- April 2007
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: