Prints of any of my photos are available for purchase. More information here, or just send me a message through flickr, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I grew up in Oregon, but spending two years living in incredibly scenic Vancouver, British Columbia is what inspired me to start taking pictures. I'm back living in Oregon again, with an endless supply of scenery to keep me and my sweetie busy. During the warm and sunny months, we spend most of our free time outdoors, hiking and taking pictures. But even during the winter we try to get out as much as possible.
I love sunsets. Just take a look at my favorites. See all the orange and red in those thumbnails? Sunsets. If given the opportunity, I will go to great lengths to see a good sunset. I can’t explain what it is about a spectacular sunset that inspires such joy and wonder in me. It just does.
Feel free to leave me feedback and comments on photos. I'm open and willing to learn from other people, and I'd love to hear what you have to say.
For nearly three years, I used a Canon Powershot A60. For a few months in 2006, I used my parents' Powershot A75. And now I'm using a Nikon D40 and a Canon Powershot A620.
I love peaches. Hence my screen name, if you were wondering. (And by the way, my little peach picture is a peach-shaped snack stand in Pentiction, BC on the shore of Okanagan Lake. Why is there a giant peach snack stand there? Because the Okanagan region grows a lot of fruit, including peaches, and Penticton is the site of the annual Peachfest.)
If you'd like a print of one of my photos, please see my web site below.
- Stars n' Stuff 3,254 photos, 710 members
- Project Weather 555,976 photos, 83,093 members
- Seattle 165,867 photos, 8,101 members
- SEATTLE B&W (no sepia) 6,224 photos, 666 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 28,343 photos, 2,439 members
- Willamette National Forest 6 photos, 1 member
- Backcountry Idaho 571 photos, 93 members
- Outdoor Idaho Photography 9,541 photos, 523 members
- Idaho 13,176 photos, 547 members
- Stars Stars Stars 1,686 photos, 571 members
- Canyonlands 3,954 photos, 425 members
- Canyonlands National Park 1,530 photos, 251 members
- Utah Hiking 1,141 photos, 103 members
- Utah 63,051 photos, 3,421 members
- Utah Landscapes 51,321 photos, 4,129 members
- Tryon Creek State Park 11 photos, 4 members
- Big Sur, California 11,584 photos, 1,632 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,803 photos, 4,143 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 17,607 photos, 3,356 members
- San Francisco 256,535 photos, 15,043 members
- Wallowa-Whitman National Forest 13 photos, 5 members
- Eagle Cap Wilderness 29 photos, 5 members
- Doors and windows 65,513 photos, 2,674 members
- windows & balconies lovers 84,829 photos, 5,583 members
- Oregon Covered Bridges 1,184 photos, 277 members
- Cute Kittens 46,799 photos, 5,651 members
- Kittens, Kittens, and more Kittens! 5,375 photos, 776 members
- Skagit Tulip Festival 1,551 photos, 154 members
- Night and darkness 190,221 photos, 13,232 members
- fire lookout towers and guard stations 2,395 photos, 315 members
- Alien Skin Software 23,450 photos, 2,215 members
- Backpacking and Hiking pictures 19,925 photos, 1,309 members
- Tulip Tuesday 1,362 photos, 286 members
- Achromatic Landscape Wednesdays 4,487 photos, 416 members
- Goat Rocks Wilderness 67 photos, 15 members
- Mount Baker 1,822 photos, 220 members
- Mount Shuksan, The Best of 521 photos, 119 members
- Tunnel Vision 11,322 photos, 2,310 members
- Tunnels 5,898 photos, 1,920 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 3,486 photos, 450 members
- PETOGRAPHY 27,417 photos, 1,209 members
- Pets, Pets, Pets!!! 8,181 photos, 644 members
- Woodburn Tulip Festival 1,014 photos, 144 members
- Hood River 245 photos, 49 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 345,721 photos, 9,039 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 47,402 photos, 6,277 members
- Furry Friday 41,477 photos, 1,885 members
- Waterfall Wednesday 2,340 photos, 219 members
- BOKEH - for the common folk 235,749 photos, 9,190 members
- bokeh 202,471 photos, 51,253 members
Marco Anticosti says:
"Thank you very much for adding me to your friend.
Your gallery is fantastic I like all of your picture
Bravo great work :)"
December 21st, 2009
"Lot's of photographers take beautiful shots of the destinations of a hike, only a few take and share the many beautiful scenes and vignettes that one sees along the way, and fewer still do both as wonderfully as Cheryl does!"
July 19th, 2009
"I'm amazed by the variety of beautiful locations Cheryl photographs; places most people don't know about."
December 15th, 2007
"These photos are magnificent!"
September 26th, 2007
"Cheryl is a lover of beauty, plan and simple. She is certainly a breath of fresh air here on flickr."
August 14th, 2006
- September 2005
- Portland, OR, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Just Peachy