Prints of any of my photos are available for purchase. More information here, or just send me a message through flickr, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I grew up in Oregon, but spending two years living in incredibly scenic Vancouver, British Columbia is what inspired me to start taking pictures. I'm back living in Oregon again, with an endless supply of scenery to keep me and my sweetie busy. During the warm and sunny months, we spend most of our free time outdoors, hiking and taking pictures. But even during the winter we try to get out as much as possible.
I love sunsets. Just take a look at my favorites. See all the orange and red in those thumbnails? Sunsets. If given the opportunity, I will go to great lengths to see a good sunset. I can’t explain what it is about a spectacular sunset that inspires such joy and wonder in me. It just does.
Feel free to leave me feedback and comments on photos. I'm open and willing to learn from other people, and I'd love to hear what you have to say.
For nearly three years, I used a Canon Powershot A60. For a few months in 2006, I used my parents' Powershot A75. And now I'm using a Nikon D40 and a Canon Powershot A620.
I love peaches. Hence my screen name, if you were wondering. (And by the way, my little peach picture is a peach-shaped snack stand in Pentiction, BC on the shore of Okanagan Lake. Why is there a giant peach snack stand there? Because the Okanagan region grows a lot of fruit, including peaches, and Penticton is the site of the annual Peachfest.)
If you'd like a print of one of my photos, please see my web site below.
- Stars n' Stuff 5,329 photos, 1,016 members
- Project Weather 645,328 photos, 92,092 members
- Seattle 171,585 photos, 8,310 members
- SEATTLE B&W (no sepia) 6,164 photos, 661 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 44,068 photos, 3,608 members
- Willamette National Forest 7 photos, 1 member
- Backcountry Idaho 795 photos, 111 members
- Outdoor Idaho Photography 10,381 photos, 560 members
- Idaho 14,894 photos, 599 members
- Stars Stars Stars 1,669 photos, 577 members
- Canyonlands 4,147 photos, 452 members
- Canyonlands National Park 1,830 photos, 287 members
- Utah Hiking 1,574 photos, 133 members
- Utah 68,558 photos, 3,701 members
- Utah Landscapes 54,994 photos, 4,310 members
- Tryon Creek State Park 11 photos, 5 members
- Big Sur, California 11,986 photos, 1,717 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,154 photos, 4,256 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 18,335 photos, 3,454 members
- San Francisco 265,018 photos, 15,457 members
- Wallowa-Whitman National Forest 13 photos, 5 members
- Eagle Cap Wilderness 31 photos, 6 members
- Doors and windows 71,757 photos, 2,831 members
- windows & balconies lovers (read rules !) 88,543 photos, 5,871 members
- Oregon Covered Bridges 1,258 photos, 284 members
- Cute Kittens 47,916 photos, 5,745 members
- Kittens, Kittens, and more Kittens! 6,012 photos, 819 members
- Skagit Tulip Festival 1,564 photos, 159 members
- Night and darkness 240,331 photos, 15,757 members
- fire lookout towers and guard stations 2,474 photos, 329 members
- Alien Skin Software 26,161 photos, 2,274 members
- Backpacking and Hiking pictures 23,500 photos, 1,382 members
- Tulip Tuesday 1,428 photos, 301 members
- Achromatic Landscape Wednesdays 4,901 photos, 434 members
- Goat Rocks Wilderness 67 photos, 15 members
- Mount Baker 1,994 photos, 228 members
- Mount Shuksan, The Best of 590 photos, 123 members
- Tunnel Vision 12,417 photos, 2,437 members
- Tunnels 6,463 photos, 2,051 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 3,659 photos, 490 members
- PETOGRAPHY 29,157 photos, 1,239 members
- Pets, Pets, Pets!!! 10,827 photos, 873 members
- Woodburn Tulip Festival 1,026 photos, 147 members
- Hood River 247 photos, 51 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 450,407 photos, 10,378 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 53,584 photos, 7,064 members
- Furry Friday 41,745 photos, 1,873 members
- Waterfall Wednesday 2,420 photos, 235 members
- BOKEH - for the common folk 251,539 photos, 9,453 members
- bokeh 205,917 photos, 57,078 members
Marco Anticosti says:
"Thank you very much for adding me to your friend.
Your gallery is fantastic I like all of your picture
Bravo great work :)"
December 21st, 2009
"Lot's of photographers take beautiful shots of the destinations of a hike, only a few take and share the many beautiful scenes and vignettes that one sees along the way, and fewer still do both as wonderfully as Cheryl does!"
July 19th, 2009
"I'm amazed by the variety of beautiful locations Cheryl photographs; places most people don't know about."
December 15th, 2007
"These photos are magnificent!"
September 26th, 2007
"Cheryl is a lover of beauty, plan and simple. She is certainly a breath of fresh air here on flickr."
August 14th, 2006
- September 2005
- Portland, OR, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Just Peachy