Prints of any of my photos are available for purchase. More information here, or just send me a message through flickr, or at email@example.com.
I grew up in Oregon, but spending two years living in incredibly scenic Vancouver, British Columbia is what inspired me to start taking pictures. I'm back living in Oregon again, with an endless supply of scenery to keep me and my sweetie busy. During the warm and sunny months, we spend most of our free time outdoors, hiking and taking pictures. But even during the winter we try to get out as much as possible.
I love sunsets. Just take a look at my favorites. See all the orange and red in those thumbnails? Sunsets. If given the opportunity, I will go to great lengths to see a good sunset. I can’t explain what it is about a spectacular sunset that inspires such joy and wonder in me. It just does.
Feel free to leave me feedback and comments on photos. I'm open and willing to learn from other people, and I'd love to hear what you have to say.
For nearly three years, I used a Canon Powershot A60. For a few months in 2006, I used my parents' Powershot A75. And now I'm using a Nikon D40 and a Canon Powershot A620.
I love peaches. Hence my screen name, if you were wondering. (And by the way, my little peach picture is a peach-shaped snack stand in Pentiction, BC on the shore of Okanagan Lake. Why is there a giant peach snack stand there? Because the Okanagan region grows a lot of fruit, including peaches, and Penticton is the site of the annual Peachfest.)
If you'd like a print of one of my photos, please see my web site below.
- Stars n' Stuff 2,866 photos, 652 members
- Project Weather 488,096 photos, 78,051 members
- Seattle 164,029 photos, 8,036 members
- SEATTLE B&W (no sepia) 6,246 photos, 664 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 24,122 photos, 2,119 members
- Willamette National Forest 6 photos, 1 member
- Backcountry Idaho 531 photos, 83 members
- Outdoor Idaho Photography 9,280 photos, 513 members
- Idaho 12,721 photos, 530 members
- Stars Stars Stars 1,686 photos, 568 members
- Canyonlands 3,675 photos, 418 members
- Canyonlands National Park 1,446 photos, 237 members
- Utah Hiking 1,088 photos, 96 members
- Utah 61,218 photos, 3,330 members
- Utah Landscapes 50,228 photos, 4,062 members
- Tryon Creek State Park 11 photos, 4 members
- Big Sur, California 11,425 photos, 1,601 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,703 photos, 4,112 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 17,389 photos, 3,329 members
- San Francisco 253,317 photos, 14,861 members
- Wallowa-Whitman National Forest 13 photos, 5 members
- Eagle Cap Wilderness 29 photos, 5 members
- Doors and windows 64,054 photos, 2,635 members
- windows & balconies lovers 84,028 photos, 5,507 members
- Oregon Covered Bridges 1,181 photos, 274 members
- Cute Kittens 46,253 photos, 5,627 members
- Kittens, Kittens, and more Kittens! 5,129 photos, 763 members
- Skagit Tulip Festival 1,531 photos, 154 members
- Night and darkness 178,922 photos, 12,639 members
- fire lookout towers and guard stations 2,368 photos, 309 members
- Alien Skin Software 22,448 photos, 2,208 members
- Backpacking and Hiking pictures 19,076 photos, 1,286 members
- Tulip Tuesday 1,265 photos, 272 members
- Achromatic Landscape Wednesdays 4,402 photos, 414 members
- Goat Rocks Wilderness 67 photos, 15 members
- Mount Baker 1,805 photos, 219 members
- Mount Shuksan, The Best of 514 photos, 116 members
- Tunnel Vision 11,118 photos, 2,278 members
- Tunnels 5,710 photos, 1,882 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 3,449 photos, 441 members
- PETOGRAPHY 26,986 photos, 1,197 members
- Pets, Pets, Pets!!! 7,292 photos, 571 members
- Woodburn Tulip Festival 1,024 photos, 143 members
- Hood River 247 photos, 48 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 316,608 photos, 8,669 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 45,310 photos, 6,028 members
- Furry Friday 39,575 photos, 1,891 members
- Waterfall Wednesday 2,322 photos, 216 members
- BOKEH - for the common folk 229,745 photos, 9,110 members
- bokeh 201,575 photos, 48,872 members
Marco Anticosti says:
"Thank you very much for adding me to your friend.
Your gallery is fantastic I like all of your picture
Bravo great work :)"
December 21st, 2009
"Lot's of photographers take beautiful shots of the destinations of a hike, only a few take and share the many beautiful scenes and vignettes that one sees along the way, and fewer still do both as wonderfully as Cheryl does!"
July 19th, 2009
"I'm amazed by the variety of beautiful locations Cheryl photographs; places most people don't know about."
December 15th, 2007
"These photos are magnificent!"
September 26th, 2007
"Cheryl is a lover of beauty, plan and simple. She is certainly a breath of fresh air here on flickr."
August 14th, 2006
- September 2005
- Portland, OR, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Just Peachy