Prints of any of my photos are available for purchase. More information here, or just send me a message through flickr, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I grew up in Oregon, but spending two years living in incredibly scenic Vancouver, British Columbia is what inspired me to start taking pictures. I'm back living in Oregon again, with an endless supply of scenery to keep me and my sweetie busy. During the warm and sunny months, we spend most of our free time outdoors, hiking and taking pictures. But even during the winter we try to get out as much as possible.
I love sunsets. Just take a look at my favorites. See all the orange and red in those thumbnails? Sunsets. If given the opportunity, I will go to great lengths to see a good sunset. I can’t explain what it is about a spectacular sunset that inspires such joy and wonder in me. It just does.
Feel free to leave me feedback and comments on photos. I'm open and willing to learn from other people, and I'd love to hear what you have to say.
For nearly three years, I used a Canon Powershot A60. For a few months in 2006, I used my parents' Powershot A75. And now I'm using a Nikon D40 and a Canon Powershot A620.
I love peaches. Hence my screen name, if you were wondering. (And by the way, my little peach picture is a peach-shaped snack stand in Pentiction, BC on the shore of Okanagan Lake. Why is there a giant peach snack stand there? Because the Okanagan region grows a lot of fruit, including peaches, and Penticton is the site of the annual Peachfest.)
If you'd like a print of one of my photos, please see my web site below.
- Stars n' Stuff 4,851 photos, 945 members
- Project Weather 634,772 photos, 90,679 members
- Seattle 169,760 photos, 8,249 members
- SEATTLE B&W (no sepia) 6,171 photos, 666 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 38,657 photos, 3,205 members
- Willamette National Forest 7 photos, 1 member
- Backcountry Idaho 754 photos, 107 members
- Outdoor Idaho Photography 9,990 photos, 548 members
- Idaho 14,306 photos, 587 members
- Stars Stars Stars 1,676 photos, 574 members
- Canyonlands 4,064 photos, 442 members
- Canyonlands National Park 1,700 photos, 274 members
- Utah Hiking 1,441 photos, 122 members
- Utah 66,775 photos, 3,612 members
- Utah Landscapes 53,656 photos, 4,265 members
- Tryon Creek State Park 11 photos, 5 members
- Big Sur, California 11,826 photos, 1,684 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,065 photos, 4,220 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 18,167 photos, 3,430 members
- San Francisco 262,205 photos, 15,404 members
- Wallowa-Whitman National Forest 13 photos, 5 members
- Eagle Cap Wilderness 31 photos, 6 members
- Doors and windows 70,319 photos, 2,813 members
- windows & balconies lovers 87,304 photos, 5,778 members
- Oregon Covered Bridges 1,228 photos, 279 members
- Cute Kittens 47,639 photos, 5,730 members
- Kittens, Kittens, and more Kittens! 5,864 photos, 813 members
- Skagit Tulip Festival 1,559 photos, 158 members
- Night and darkness 221,602 photos, 14,891 members
- fire lookout towers and guard stations 2,460 photos, 326 members
- Alien Skin Software 25,188 photos, 2,263 members
- Backpacking and Hiking pictures 22,383 photos, 1,363 members
- Tulip Tuesday 1,413 photos, 292 members
- Achromatic Landscape Wednesdays 4,814 photos, 425 members
- Goat Rocks Wilderness 67 photos, 15 members
- Mount Baker 1,961 photos, 228 members
- Mount Shuksan, The Best of 578 photos, 124 members
- Tunnel Vision 12,071 photos, 2,401 members
- Tunnels 6,272 photos, 2,021 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 3,585 photos, 485 members
- PETOGRAPHY 28,583 photos, 1,234 members
- Pets, Pets, Pets!!! 9,911 photos, 852 members
- Woodburn Tulip Festival 1,024 photos, 146 members
- Hood River 246 photos, 51 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 416,120 photos, 9,926 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 51,878 photos, 6,856 members
- Furry Friday 41,618 photos, 1,877 members
- Waterfall Wednesday 2,393 photos, 231 members
- BOKEH - for the common folk 246,885 photos, 9,356 members
- bokeh 204,316 photos, 55,343 members
Marco Anticosti says:
"Thank you very much for adding me to your friend.
Your gallery is fantastic I like all of your picture
Bravo great work :)"
December 21st, 2009
"Lot's of photographers take beautiful shots of the destinations of a hike, only a few take and share the many beautiful scenes and vignettes that one sees along the way, and fewer still do both as wonderfully as Cheryl does!"
July 19th, 2009
"I'm amazed by the variety of beautiful locations Cheryl photographs; places most people don't know about."
December 15th, 2007
"These photos are magnificent!"
September 26th, 2007
"Cheryl is a lover of beauty, plan and simple. She is certainly a breath of fresh air here on flickr."
August 14th, 2006
- September 2005
- Portland, OR, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Just Peachy