The Champaign County Historical Museum is a 501(c)(3) organization and exists to “collect and preserve artifacts relating to the history of Champaign County, Illinois, and, by using those artifacts in formal and informal educational activities, to interpret that history to the public.” The Museum was founded in 1972 and opened for exhibition in 1974. The Museum’s original home was the Wilber Mansion located at 907 West University Avenue. The Wilber Mansion was sold in 1997 with proceeds being used to acquire the Museum’s current home at 102 East University Avenue. The current building, named the Cattle Bank, is Champaign County’s oldest documented commercial structure, having been constructed in 1857.
Most popular photos
Have something nice to say about Champaign Co History Museum? Write a testimonial