To me, in many ways, photography is a journey of uncertain destination, images a starting point for the mind. An image must speak, it's all about the story, whether documenting and sharing an experience or opening doors beyond the confined boundaries of reality. Color, monochrome, shape and form, are irrelevant to me, rather what matters is meaning and emotion, it is then that photography transcends science to become art.
It is not for me to say whether any of my images achieve this nor where they take you. What I can say is that I wish to invite the viewer's mind to travel, within, to explore his or her "Imaginarium" using these photographs as a base. In that sense I am happy to be labelled a travel photographer.
Since as long as I can remember, travel has been a part of my life nourished by the the spirit of adventure and discovery. I will never be the first man on the moon, but I would like to dream that I could.
As a remedy, I decided to seek out places remote and untouched, far from civilization as we know it, be they of cultural or natural wonder. Loosing my own bearings, I feel free and, at times, privileged to be the witness of the extra-ordinary, filling me with that sense of wonder I had as a child: from the last salt caravan in the unearthly Danakil depression, to auroral lights dancing above a glacier lagoon, from sharing a morning pipe with a Himba tribeswoman, to viewing infinity on the Uyuni Salar.
Transcribing these and other vivid scenes in an image that affects you is my challenge. In many ways, I am still at the beginning of my journey and finding my way. In a sense, I hope I never do.
Whilst seeking subject and light, at times I have encountered magic, but the true gift and joy of photography is that of sight. The pursuit of photography teaches you you how to see, and as I learn, with or without a camera, there is hardly a day I do not feel rewarded.
September 2011: Group Show JAS Gallery, Paris
November-December 2011: Solo Exhibit "Ice Dreams" JAS Gallery, Paris
January 2012: Group Show JAS Gallery, Paris
Please respect my work and my copyright on all images. Avoid getting in trouble and contact me for any use, I have no tolerance for image theft and will protect my legal rights.
Most of my photography is done with Nikon 35mm Full Frame material.
For aesthetic and/or technical reasons, I use photographic filters: circular polarizing filters, graduated neutral density filters and neutral density filters. All of my photographs are the result of one single exposure and developed with Capture NX2.
Fine Art Print & Licensing
If you wish to acquire a Fine Art print please contact me using FlickrMail or at email@example.com.
If you wish to use an image or license it please contact me using FlickrMail or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABW Gallery - Amazingly Beautiful World
I have joined the Staff of ABW, which I am sure you know, in quality of Padawan.
If you do not, do yourself a favor, have a look at Flickr's best kept secret. You will find a collection of the finest images available regardless of popularity or background, curated with extreme care by a group of gentlemen extraordinaire, who yield the verb as only a Jedi Master the sword.
The quality of the commentary is only rivaled by the breadth of talent and diversity this true Gallery collection represents.
So join this slow paced Gallery, take a pause, ask for a coffee and indulge yourself. If you like what you see leave a comment, don't be shy. Stop by once a week and become a regular, you'll get a discount on the coffee.
visited 59 states (26.2%)Create your own visited map of The World or Free android travel guide
Photos of cedric_g (2)
- Landscape Masterclass 2,067 photos, 586 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,033 photos, 1,836 members
- All things beautiful in Nature (no humans or man made objects) 371,247 photos, 8,982 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 21,109 photos, 2,608 members
- La passion de la Nature 67,532 photos, 1,715 members
- Outdoor Photographers Around The World 3,988 photos, 198 members
- Balades Parisiennes 3,027 photos, 204 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,147,101 photos, 75,799 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,091,336 photos, 26,349 members
- Francophone du Monde. ( FERMER ) 13,194 photos, 758 members
- Nature et Paysages 109,273 photos, 2,415 members
- The Beauty of Nature 282,066 photos, 6,363 members
- Sunsets, Landscapes and Flowers. 239,826 photos, 10,396 members
- Dreamy Landscapes (Editors' choice) 17,049 photos, 3,087 members
- Landscapes of the World 706,253 photos, 21,641 members
- Monochromatic world 222,222 photos, 5,559 members
- B&W SQUARE GROUP 102,723 photos, 4,219 members
- The Invisible Landscape 3,137 photos, 360 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Admin Invite Only) 15,295 photos, 1,470 members
- Earth Nature 185,216 photos, 5,955 members
- *Earth's Natural Photography* 36,331 photos, 1,254 members
- The Art Of Light. 4,780 photos, 249 members
- *Best of landscapephotography worldwide* 19,358 photos, 758 members
- Landscape photography 1,236,728 photos, 61,162 members
- Landscape 965,570 photos, 95,048 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,233 photos, 2,357 members
- WorldLandscapes 352,093 photos, 11,259 members
- Beyond the Sea 17,083 photos, 305 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 70,596 photos, 1,969 members
- "Quality Only" LandScape Club 7,563 photos, 1,328 members
- A "Quality Only" Club 14,191 photos, 2,131 members
- Beautiful Earth 644,532 photos, 16,925 members
- Iceland - Landscape 134,499 photos, 9,855 members
- Nature and Landscapes 520,310 photos, 15,436 members
- The Pantheon of Landscape 9,340 photos, 1,921 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 45,165 photos, 2,110 members
- EarthShots.org Entries 16,915 photos, 898 members
- One Face @ a Time ~ Street Portraiture 43,296 photos, 3,331 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,251 photos, 1,988 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,391,586 photos, 52,907 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 403,179 photos, 18,736 members
- 1000+ Best Places On Earth 43,782 photos, 3,567 members
- Travel Photography 3,511,805 photos, 123,322 members
- Dramatic Portraits - Post 1 Award 2 168,236 photos, 13,328 members
- Seeking The Horizon 4,373 photos, 371 members
- V I S I P X 1,157 photos, 126 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 451,271 photos, 12,103 members
- FlickrCentral 9,496,784 photos, 249,327 members
- Landscape Exhibition 32,310 photos, 14,697 members
- Fine art minimalism 1,638 photos, 1,582 members
"Cédric tes images sont splendides ,elles me font rêver tu as beaucoup de talent ,continue comme ça c'est superbe"
February 27th, 2011
Jowana Lotfi Photography says:
"Cedric, il en faut des mots pour le décrire à mes yeux : c'est un artiste avant tout, des images à couper le souffle, des histoires et des paysages hostiles qu'il apprivoise à coup de génie et d'une extrême sensibilité (couplé à un talent fou et à l'amour du voyage). C'est aussi quelqu'un qui aide à avancer, une générosité et une gentillesse qu'on ne rencontre pas souvent. Je m'arrête là, less is more."
January 18th, 2011
"Cedric's images have given me a view of the world through his eyes... His vision. Not only has he visited some amazing places across the globe, He has documented these places with beautiful works of art as well. His photography is an inspiration to me, as well as his travels. Keep up the fine work, and thank you for showing us such amazing places and pieces."
December 11th, 2010
Dante Laurini Jr says:
"Cedric, you are my inspiration! Your images are perfect in every aspect! And besides, I envy you, because you go to the places I dream about, like Iceland; Atacama; Patagonia, etc.
Maybe next summer, we can go together to Iceland, bike around the island, shooting! How about that?"
September 1st, 2010
- Cedric Guilleminot
- January 2010
- Paris, France