To me, in many ways, photography is a journey of uncertain destination, images a starting point for the mind. An image must speak, it's all about the story, whether documenting and sharing an experience or opening doors beyond the confined boundaries of reality. Color, monochrome, shape and form, are irrelevant to me, rather what matters is meaning and emotion, it is then that photography transcends science to become art.
It is not for me to say whether any of my images achieve this nor where they take you. What I can say is that I wish to invite the viewer's mind to travel, within, to explore his or her "Imaginarium" using these photographs as a base. In that sense I am happy to be labelled a travel photographer.
Since as long as I can remember, travel has been a part of my life nourished by the the spirit of adventure and discovery. I will never be the first man on the moon, but I would like to dream that I could.
As a remedy, I decided to seek out places remote and untouched, far from civilization as we know it, be they of cultural or natural wonder. Loosing my own bearings, I feel free and, at times, privileged to be the witness of the extra-ordinary, filling me with that sense of wonder I had as a child: from the last salt caravan in the unearthly Danakil depression, to auroral lights dancing above a glacier lagoon, from sharing a morning pipe with a Himba tribeswoman, to viewing infinity on the Uyuni Salar.
Transcribing these and other vivid scenes in an image that affects you is my challenge. In many ways, I am still at the beginning of my journey and finding my way. In a sense, I hope I never do.
Whilst seeking subject and light, at times I have encountered magic, but the true gift and joy of photography is that of sight. The pursuit of photography teaches you you how to see, and as I learn, with or without a camera, there is hardly a day I do not feel rewarded.
September 2011: Group Show JAS Gallery, Paris
November-December 2011: Solo Exhibit "Ice Dreams" JAS Gallery, Paris
January 2012: Group Show JAS Gallery, Paris
Please respect my work and my copyright on all images. Avoid getting in trouble and contact me for any use, I have no tolerance for image theft and will protect my legal rights.
Most of my photography is done with Nikon 35mm Full Frame material.
For aesthetic and/or technical reasons, I use photographic filters: circular polarizing filters, graduated neutral density filters and neutral density filters. All of my photographs are the result of one single exposure and developed with Capture NX2.
Fine Art Print & Licensing
If you wish to acquire a Fine Art print please contact me using FlickrMail or at email@example.com.
If you wish to use an image or license it please contact me using FlickrMail or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABW Gallery - Amazingly Beautiful World
I have joined the Staff of ABW, which I am sure you know, in quality of Padawan.
If you do not, do yourself a favor, have a look at Flickr's best kept secret. You will find a collection of the finest images available regardless of popularity or background, curated with extreme care by a group of gentlemen extraordinaire, who yield the verb as only a Jedi Master the sword.
The quality of the commentary is only rivaled by the breadth of talent and diversity this true Gallery collection represents.
So join this slow paced Gallery, take a pause, ask for a coffee and indulge yourself. If you like what you see leave a comment, don't be shy. Stop by once a week and become a regular, you'll get a discount on the coffee.
visited 59 states (26.2%)Create your own visited map of The World or Free android travel guide
Photos of cedric_g (2)
- Landscape Masterclass 2,023 photos, 565 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,034 photos, 1,821 members
- All things beautiful in Nature (no humans or man made objects) 359,466 photos, 8,842 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 20,697 photos, 2,570 members
- La passion de la Nature 62,709 photos, 1,628 members
- Outdoor Photographers Around The World 3,564 photos, 193 members
- Balades Parisiennes 3,020 photos, 205 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,139,187 photos, 75,516 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,028,646 photos, 25,478 members
- Francophone du Monde. ( FERMER ) 13,338 photos, 759 members
- Nature et Paysages 100,154 photos, 2,247 members
- The Beauty of Nature 261,775 photos, 6,188 members
- Sunsets, Landscapes and Flowers. 225,954 photos, 10,019 members
- Dreamy Landscapes (Editors' choice) 16,111 photos, 2,868 members
- Landscapes of the World 658,431 photos, 20,584 members
- Monochromatic world 209,043 photos, 5,360 members
- B&W SQUARE GROUP 101,065 photos, 4,162 members
- The Invisible Landscape 3,133 photos, 358 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 14,089 photos, 1,197 members
- Earth Nature 178,636 photos, 5,884 members
- *Earth's Natural Photography* 34,567 photos, 1,227 members
- The Art Of Light. 4,482 photos, 244 members
- *Best of landscapephotography worldwide* 17,698 photos, 717 members
- Landscape photography 1,143,045 photos, 56,702 members
- Landscape 947,979 photos, 93,394 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,245 photos, 2,325 members
- WorldLandscapes 336,445 photos, 10,925 members
- Beyond the Sea 17,044 photos, 306 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 69,336 photos, 1,964 members
- "Quality Only" LandScape Club 7,634 photos, 1,305 members
- A "Quality Only" Club 14,253 photos, 2,135 members
- Beautiful Earth 608,227 photos, 16,362 members
- Iceland - Landscape 130,922 photos, 9,563 members
- Nature and Landscapes 497,444 photos, 14,958 members
- The Pantheon of Landscape 8,495 photos, 1,739 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 45,537 photos, 2,116 members
- EarthShots.org Entries 16,433 photos, 889 members
- One Face @ a Time ~ Street Portraiture 41,735 photos, 3,314 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,269 photos, 1,964 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,351,918 photos, 50,910 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 388,031 photos, 18,391 members
- 1000+ Best Places On Earth 42,213 photos, 3,483 members
- Travel Photography 3,343,972 photos, 119,041 members
- Dramatic Portraits - Post 1 Award 2 166,481 photos, 13,285 members
- Seeking The Horizon 4,348 photos, 371 members
- V I S I P X 1,208 photos, 130 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 421,548 photos, 11,594 members
- FlickrCentral 9,460,275 photos, 246,216 members
- Landscape Exhibition 31,800 photos, 13,840 members
- Fine art minimalism 1,622 photos, 1,534 members
"Cédric tes images sont splendides ,elles me font rêver tu as beaucoup de talent ,continue comme ça c'est superbe"
February 27th, 2011
Jowana Lotfi Photography says:
"Cedric, il en faut des mots pour le décrire à mes yeux : c'est un artiste avant tout, des images à couper le souffle, des histoires et des paysages hostiles qu'il apprivoise à coup de génie et d'une extrême sensibilité (couplé à un talent fou et à l'amour du voyage). C'est aussi quelqu'un qui aide à avancer, une générosité et une gentillesse qu'on ne rencontre pas souvent. Je m'arrête là, less is more."
January 18th, 2011
"Cedric's images have given me a view of the world through his eyes... His vision. Not only has he visited some amazing places across the globe, He has documented these places with beautiful works of art as well. His photography is an inspiration to me, as well as his travels. Keep up the fine work, and thank you for showing us such amazing places and pieces."
December 11th, 2010
Dante Laurini Jr says:
"Cedric, you are my inspiration! Your images are perfect in every aspect! And besides, I envy you, because you go to the places I dream about, like Iceland; Atacama; Patagonia, etc.
Maybe next summer, we can go together to Iceland, bike around the island, shooting! How about that?"
September 1st, 2010
- Cedric Guilleminot
- January 2010
- Paris, France