Been playing around with a digital camera since about 2002, and a range of film cameras (SLR's and compacts) since I was a student at Art School in the late 70's and early 80's. I now use the Olympic E System, but always have a little Canon Ixus in my pocket.
I live in a very photogenic part of the globe, and travel a fair bit to other, almost as photogenic bits, of the planet.
Oh and my wife and sons are photogenic too.....
My best photos are showcased at (and limited edition prints can be purchased though) my website - www.calumdavidson.com/
An eclectic collection of my photos can be licensed through Getty Images, where my presence is proving that there is a lively market for Creative Shots of Oil Rigs.
My photoblog is The Green Isle of the Great Deep
I wrote the Photographers Guide to Cromarty the small Scottish Highland Town where I live.
I co-admin the Scotland, Lurkation, Wartime Defences, and Moray Firth pools.
I set up the Scotland Flickr Blog - the very best of the Scotland Pool on Flickr, and run it with Viche .
I also started four modest groups - the Cromarty,the Ross-shire, the County of Sutherland and the Scotland from the Air Pools, and keep meaning to set up a "Vertical elements in the Landscape" pool but have never quite managed it yet...
- "Amazon Parrots" 129 photos, 23 members
- ***In Dogs We Trust: View Winner-Holiday Pups! 17,838 photos, 1,037 members
- Frontiers Orkney 456 photos, 20 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 13,284 photos, 3,895 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 4,648 photos, 876 members
- Cool Renewable Energy Pictures 852 photos, 105 members
- Cádiz 18,653 photos, 1,095 members
- Olympus E-System Community 473,159 photos, 11,344 members
- Inaccessible places British isles 269 photos, 30 members
- Amar Lisboa - Loving Lisbon 29,611 photos, 1,462 members
- Olympus EPL-1 3,333 photos, 164 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 627 members
- Architecture Scotland 6,789 photos, 279 members
- Crofters and Crofting. 84 photos, 6 members
- Your views of Scotland 97 photos, 23 members
- Fly By Night 2,740 photos, 188 members
- Olympus Cafe 21,600 photos, 246 members
- PILLBOX STUDY GROUP 15,854 photos, 351 members
- Photographic Guide To Scotland - GeoTagging Scotland 16,753 photos, 390 members
- Broch 56 photos, 13 members
- The Northern Isles 5,768 photos, 182 members
- Argyll and Bute 23,395 photos, 609 members
- Ghost World 331 photos, 5,946 members
- ww2 Airfields 1,160 photos, 180 members
- Alamy Stock Photography 2,340 photos, 220 members
- Harry's Bar 1,444 photos, 56 members
- Olympus E-30 33,685 photos, 723 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,582 photos, 160 members
- Torn Posters 5,492 photos, 568 members
- Literary Scotland 3,809 photos, 161 members
- Dougie Huts 461 photos, 66 members
- 2010 Only 4,237 photos, 173 members
- Shipbreaking 272 photos, 34 members
- Building Scotland 5,428 photos, 222 members
- Scottish Houses 1,519 photos, 115 members
- Disappearing Scotland 5,819 photos, 289 members
- Oxfordshire 29,464 photos, 1,063 members
- Cromarty 939 photos, 49 members
- Square Scotland 9,703 photos, 417 members
- Toledo, España 12,292 photos, 869 members
- Scottish Airports 18,256 photos, 183 members
- Fort William MTB World Championship 631 photos, 46 members
- Refugee Week Scotland 2009 - What does home mean to you? 9 photos, 5 members
- Story Behind the Picture: Non Fiction 3,371 photos, 246 members
- UnMundane 449 photos, 89 members
- A Place For Us 1,599 photos, 29 members
- Washington DC/Metro Area 159,699 photos, 8,524 members
- Haar 148 photos, 28 members
- Highlands and Islands of Scotland 46,650 photos, 1,301 members
- VIC 32 236 photos, 24 members
"His photos of Comarty really capture the area in all it's moods my fav's are his BW of the local church. You can tell how he loves the place by the soul in those pics
He's done a lot for Scottish flicker life here and is da godfader of the Scotland group"
August 7th, 2006
"I always look forward to Calums postings on Flickr, his photos of the Highlands are always beautiful and interesting, and capture the real flavour of the area. One of my favourite Flickrites!"
December 25th, 2005
- Calum Davidson
- December 2004
- Thurso, Caithness
- Cromarty, Ross-shire, Scotland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Regional Planner and Photographer