Been playing around with a digital camera since about 2002, and a range of film cameras (SLR's and compacts) since I was a student at Art School in the late 70's and early 80's. I now use the Olympic E System, but always have a little Canon Ixus in my pocket.
I live in a very photogenic part of the globe, and travel a fair bit to other, almost as photogenic bits, of the planet.
Oh and my wife and sons are photogenic too.....
My best photos are showcased at (and limited edition prints can be purchased though) my website - www.calumdavidson.com/
An eclectic collection of my photos can be licensed through Getty Images, where my presence is proving that there is a lively market for Creative Shots of Oil Rigs.
My photoblog is The Green Isle of the Great Deep
I wrote the Photographers Guide to Cromarty the small Scottish Highland Town where I live.
I co-admin the Scotland, Lurkation, Wartime Defences, and Moray Firth pools.
I set up the Scotland Flickr Blog - the very best of the Scotland Pool on Flickr, and run it with Viche .
I also started four modest groups - the Cromarty,the Ross-shire, the County of Sutherland and the Scotland from the Air Pools, and keep meaning to set up a "Vertical elements in the Landscape" pool but have never quite managed it yet...
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,982 photos, 3,641 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 3,920 photos, 801 members
- Cool Renewable Energy Pictures 741 photos, 93 members
- Cádiz 16,409 photos, 989 members
- Olympus E-System Community 418,965 photos, 10,891 members
- Inaccessible places British isles 205 photos, 25 members
- Amar Lisboa - Loving Lisbon 24,236 photos, 1,325 members
- Olympus EPL-1 3,057 photos, 152 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 644 members
- Architecture Scotland 5,306 photos, 259 members
- Crofters and Crofting. 83 photos, 6 members
- Your views of Scotland 91 photos, 22 members
- Fly By Night 2,457 photos, 172 members
- Olympus Cafe 14,880 photos, 188 members
- PILLBOX STUDY GROUP 13,115 photos, 313 members
- Photographic Guide To Scotland - GeoTagging Scotland 13,627 photos, 370 members
- Broch 51 photos, 13 members
- The Northern Isles 4,668 photos, 166 members
- Argyll and Bute 19,920 photos, 585 members
- Ghost World 337 photos, 5,917 members
- ww2 Airfields 1,040 photos, 158 members
- Alamy Stock Photography 1,274 photos, 215 members
- Harry's Bar 1,417 photos, 58 members
- Olympus E-30 31,857 photos, 719 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,942 photos, 168 members
- Torn Posters 5,356 photos, 552 members
- Literary Scotland 3,296 photos, 157 members
- Dougie Huts 437 photos, 67 members
- 2010 Only 4,894 photos, 175 members
- Shipbreaking 265 photos, 34 members
- Building Scotland 4,283 photos, 177 members
- Scottish Houses 1,370 photos, 105 members
- Disappearing Scotland 5,060 photos, 263 members
- Oxfordshire 24,105 photos, 971 members
- Cromarty 837 photos, 41 members
- Square Scotland 9,281 photos, 415 members
- Toledo, España 10,493 photos, 771 members
- Scottish Airports 13,714 photos, 144 members
- Fort William MTB World Championship 613 photos, 44 members
- Refugee Week Scotland 2009 - What does home mean to you? 9 photos, 5 members
- Story Behind the Picture: Non Fiction 3,257 photos, 238 members
- UnMundane 460 photos, 89 members
- A Place For Us 1,512 photos, 29 members
- Washington DC/Metro Area 146,318 photos, 8,183 members
- Haar 131 photos, 29 members
- Highlands and Islands of Scotland 38,269 photos, 1,138 members
- VIC 32 168 photos, 22 members
- Crofting 369 photos, 33 members
- Black Isle - Scotland 2,389 photos, 122 members
- ₪ SPORTS °◎● of ↂ all ◕☉° SORTS ₪ 13,179 photos, 982 members
"His photos of Comarty really capture the area in all it's moods my fav's are his BW of the local church. You can tell how he loves the place by the soul in those pics
He's done a lot for Scottish flicker life here and is da godfader of the Scotland group"
7th August, 2006
"I always look forward to Calums postings on Flickr, his photos of the Highlands are always beautiful and interesting, and capture the real flavour of the area. One of my favourite Flickrites!"
25th December, 2005
- Calum Davidson
- December 2004
- Thurso, Caithness
- Cromarty, Ross-shire, Scotland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Regional Planner and Photographer