I got tired of all the old stuff that was here. I deleted it and I'm trying to think of new stuff.
Caveman's First Photo Shoot
I like history. One of my favorite websites is the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. Lots of good stuff.
Some Historical Websites I Like
• U.S. Library of Congress Prints & Photographs
• U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
• Online Archive of California (California Digital Library)
I like traveling on my motorcycle. I haven't been off the North American continent, but I've ridden from Mexico to Alaska and coast to coast. I rode, doubled-up with my ex-wife on a Harley Low Rider, across the Arctic Circle in 1989. In 1994, I saw a couple in a magazine who claimed to be the first to do it. I know they weren't the first and I'm pretty sure we weren't the first either. I rode my motorcycle (the same Low Rider) to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in Arizona—I've never heard anyone else make that claim, but again, I can't believe I'm the first person to think of it.
Now I ride a 2005 H-D Ultra Classic. My kids say it's an old man's bike.
I just found this little thing that will tell me where visitors come from based on their IP addresses:
I couldn't figure out why this wasn't showing very many dots. Then I realized that this only records people that view my profile page.
bighugelabs.com/flickr/ has all kinds of cool things to suck up your time.
And if you are wondering, 92223 is the ZIP code (postal code) for Beaumont, California, USA (where I live). If you're not wondering, it's still the ZIP code.
Photos of “Caveman Chuck” Coker (6)
- Project Weather 158,829 photos, 38,614 members
- Geology Flickrs 2,165 photos, 385 members
- Geologists 8,709 photos, 590 members
- Geology 5,834 photos, 218 members
- Geologicpedia: learn geology through images. 9,608 photos, 1,468 members
- Soft Rock Geology 548 photos, 30 members
- Libertarian Party 2 photos, 1 member
- THE ( WORLD ) POLITICS GROUP: LIBERTY IS YOURS ENJOY 2,243 photos, 189 members
- Conservative wingnuts 2,863 photos, 92 members
- The Libertarian Democrats 5 photos, 10 members
- LIbertarianism 16 photos, 10 members
- Libertarians 279 photos, 64 members
- All Custom Motorcycles,in the world. 4,130 photos, 213 members
- Scanned Nostalgia 41,221 photos, 1,456 members
- Early Advertising (pre 1920) 6,636 photos, 534 members
- Print Ad Automobile 8,407 photos, 186 members
- Golden Age of Advertising: 1950s - 1970s 28,058 photos, 1,767 members
- All New Scavenger Hunt (Round 52 Is in Progress) 13,607 photos, 209 members
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill 2010 1,295 photos, 241 members
- Things Time Forgot | Beauty in entropy. 1,419 photos, 99 members
- US Highway 1: Maine to Florida 2,079 photos, 245 members
- RoadTrip USA 383 photos, 29 members
- A Tribute to Harley Davidson Motorcycles 4,455 photos, 476 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 163,778 photos, 19,639 members
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) MOD-Q 154,096 photos, 8,854 members
- Riverside, Ca. :Photographic Symposia 583 photos, 59 members
- riverside-ca. 7,123 photos, 214 members
- California 242,674 photos, 7,178 members
- Orange - Villa Park, California 721 photos, 109 members
- iPad Wallpapers That Rock!!! 5,596 photos, 534 members
- Vintage Motorcycle Pictures 411 photos, 75 members
- Flying Spaghetti Monster 633 photos, 447 members
- The Abandoned 67,401 photos, 1,478 members
- California Landscapes and Desert 15,604 photos, 822 members
- Decay 70,045 photos, 1,710 members
- Desert Rambler 2,465 photos, 107 members
- Outdoors and Desert lovers 2,670 photos, 199 members
- Abandoned California 14,022 photos, 890 members
- Mojave Desert 7,120 photos, 413 members
- Amboy, California 477 photos, 132 members
- Bridges in Riverside County, California 0 photos, 1 member
- California Bridges 1,631 photos, 113 members
- The Bridge 13,152 photos, 1,250 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 154,723 photos, 16,880 members
- Telephone Exchanges 767 photos, 185 members
- Loving telephone lines. 819 photos, 161 members
- I Love My Calendar Girl *** Vintage Pin Up Art Only *** 3,234 photos, 1,240 members
- Posers and Statues 2,844 photos, 76 members
- Why did I Take That? 1,093 photos, 91 members
- Motorcycle Touring 17,523 photos, 1,640 members
Pete Zarria says:
"The Caveman, I had no idea who I was dealing with when I came across his early images one day, it was kismet. He has become a soul brother with his quick wit and endless intellectual curiosity. I have learned so much as will anyone with the sense to stick with him.
His vision is infused with an appreciation and close intimacy with Native Americans, their old ways and the earth itself. It is informed with the humility of a man who appreciates the the beauty around him and life in its many forms and places. He has taught me much of people, places and how to use a camera to capture something inside them and myself. I only hope I can honor him by producing something worthwhile. Thanks, Chuck."
29th November, 2008
- Chuck Coker
- July 2008
- Desert Hot Springs, California, USA
- I am: