I got tired of all the old stuff that was here. I deleted it and I'm trying to think of new stuff.
Caveman's First Photo Shoot
I like history. One of my favorite websites is the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. Lots of good stuff.
Some Historical Websites I Like
• U.S. Library of Congress Prints & Photographs
• U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
• Online Archive of California (California Digital Library)
I like traveling on my motorcycle. I haven't been off the North American continent, but I've ridden from Mexico to Alaska and coast to coast. I rode, doubled-up with my ex-wife on a Harley Low Rider, across the Arctic Circle in 1989. In 1994, I saw a couple in a magazine who claimed to be the first to do it. I know they weren't the first and I'm pretty sure we weren't the first either. I rode my motorcycle (the same Low Rider) to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in Arizona—I've never heard anyone else make that claim, but again, I can't believe I'm the first person to think of it.
Now I ride a 2005 H-D Ultra Classic. My kids say it's an old man's bike.
I just found this little thing that will tell me where visitors come from based on their IP addresses:
I couldn't figure out why this wasn't showing very many dots. Then I realized that this only records people that view my profile page.
bighugelabs.com/flickr/ has all kinds of cool things to suck up your time.
And if you are wondering, 92223 is the ZIP code (postal code) for Beaumont, California, USA (where I live). If you're not wondering, it's still the ZIP code.
Photos of “Caveman Chuck” Coker (6)
- Riverside County - photos must be taken within Riverside County 2,213 photos, 284 members
- Where in the Coachella Valley, Palm Springs CA etc. 211 photos, 37 members
- Desert Hot Springs: A City's Photo Album 56 photos, 8 members
- Old-ass Toyota: best car ever? 254 photos, 44 members
- The Mini Pickup Truck 3,460 photos, 137 members
- Toyota Trucks 4,970 photos, 805 members
- maps and charts 4,816 photos, 937 members
- maps 2,376 photos, 253 members
- Topographical Maps 163 photos, 58 members
- Cartography 4,297 photos, 798 members
- Flickr API 799 photos, 16,007 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 64,894 photos, 4,433 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 13,488 photos, 3,956 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 4,746 photos, 894 members
- Project Weather 616,510 photos, 88,633 members
- Geology Flickrs 3,962 photos, 525 members
- Geologists 9,800 photos, 641 members
- Geology 6,701 photos, 253 members
- Geologicpedia: learn geology through images. 11,583 photos, 1,538 members
- Soft Rock Geology 952 photos, 41 members
- Libertarian Party 2 photos, 1 member
- THE ( WORLD ) POLITICS GROUP: LIBERTY IS YOURS ENJOY 3,191 photos, 198 members
- The Libertarian Democrats 5 photos, 10 members
- LIbertarianism 17 photos, 13 members
- All Custom Motorcycles,in the world. 4,962 photos, 271 members
- Scanned Nostalgia 51,793 photos, 1,566 members
- Early Advertising (pre 1920) 8,429 photos, 557 members
- Print Ad Automobile 11,761 photos, 216 members
- Golden Age of Advertising: 1950s - 1970s 32,857 photos, 1,902 members
- All New Scavenger Hunt (ANSH) Round 65 in Progress 16,652 photos, 230 members
- Things Time Forgot | Beauty in entropy. 1,802 photos, 109 members
- US Highway 1: Maine to Florida 2,237 photos, 252 members
- RoadTrip USA 436 photos, 38 members
- A Tribute to Harley Davidson Motorcycles 4,884 photos, 526 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 179,896 photos, 23,542 members
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 167,687 photos, 9,199 members
- Riverside, Ca. :Photographic Symposia 620 photos, 58 members
- riverside-ca. 7,524 photos, 219 members
- California 274,050 photos, 7,571 members
- Orange - Villa Park, California 754 photos, 110 members
- Vintage Motorcycle Pictures 580 photos, 83 members
- Flying Spaghetti Monster 666 photos, 455 members
- The Abandoned 84,650 photos, 1,780 members
- California Landscapes and Desert 25,237 photos, 1,376 members
- Decay 93,639 photos, 2,246 members
- Desert Rambler 3,302 photos, 155 members
- Outdoors and Desert lovers 3,058 photos, 210 members
- Abandoned California 16,150 photos, 1,008 members
- Mojave Desert 8,532 photos, 487 members
- Amboy, California 529 photos, 140 members
Toby Dickens says:
"The Caveman, I had no idea who I was dealing with when I came across his early images one day, it was kismet. He has become a soul brother with his quick wit and endless intellectual curiosity. I have learned so much as will anyone with the sense to stick with him.
His vision is infused with an appreciation and close intimacy with Native Americans, their old ways and the earth itself. It is informed with the humility of a man who appreciates the the beauty around him and life in its many forms and places. He has taught me much of people, places and how to use a camera to capture something inside them and myself. I only hope I can honor him by producing something worthwhile. Thanks, Chuck."
November 29th, 2008
- Chuck Coker
- July 2008
- Desert Hot Springs, California, USA
- I am: