I got tired of all the old stuff that was here. I deleted it and I'm trying to think of new stuff.
Caveman's First Photo Shoot
I like history. One of my favorite websites is the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. Lots of good stuff.
Some Historical Websites I Like
• U.S. Library of Congress Prints & Photographs
• U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
• Online Archive of California (California Digital Library)
I like traveling on my motorcycle. I haven't been off the North American continent, but I've ridden from Mexico to Alaska and coast to coast. I rode, doubled-up with my ex-wife on a Harley Low Rider, across the Arctic Circle in 1989. In 1994, I saw a couple in a magazine who claimed to be the first to do it. I know they weren't the first and I'm pretty sure we weren't the first either. I rode my motorcycle (the same Low Rider) to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in Arizona—I've never heard anyone else make that claim, but again, I can't believe I'm the first person to think of it.
Now I ride a 2005 H-D Ultra Classic. My kids say it's an old man's bike.
I just found this little thing that will tell me where visitors come from based on their IP addresses:
I couldn't figure out why this wasn't showing very many dots. Then I realized that this only records people that view my profile page.
bighugelabs.com/flickr/ has all kinds of cool things to suck up your time.
And if you are wondering, 92223 is the ZIP code (postal code) for Beaumont, California, USA (where I live). If you're not wondering, it's still the ZIP code.
Photos of “Caveman Chuck” Coker (6)
- Project Weather 158,282 photos, 38,404 members
- Geology Flickrs 2,132 photos, 384 members
- Geologists 8,698 photos, 590 members
- Geology 5,827 photos, 218 members
- Geologicpedia: learn geology through images. 9,579 photos, 1,466 members
- Soft Rock Geology 543 photos, 30 members
- Libertarian Party 2 photos, 1 member
- THE ( WORLD ) POLITICS GROUP: LIBERTY IS YOURS ENJOY 2,417 photos, 189 members
- Conservative wingnuts 2,816 photos, 92 members
- The Libertarian Democrats 5 photos, 10 members
- LIbertarianism 16 photos, 10 members
- Libertarians 278 photos, 64 members
- All Custom Motorcycles,in the world. 4,124 photos, 213 members
- Scanned Nostalgia 41,107 photos, 1,455 members
- Early Advertising (pre 1920) 6,614 photos, 533 members
- Print Ad Automobile 8,385 photos, 186 members
- Golden Age of Advertising: 1950s - 1970s 28,001 photos, 1,766 members
- All New Scavenger Hunt (Round 52 Is in Progress) 13,553 photos, 208 members
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill 2010 1,295 photos, 241 members
- Things Time Forgot | Beauty in entropy. 1,419 photos, 99 members
- US Highway 1: Maine to Florida 2,077 photos, 245 members
- RoadTrip USA 383 photos, 29 members
- A Tribute to Harley Davidson Motorcycles 4,452 photos, 476 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 163,531 photos, 19,567 members
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) MOD-Q 153,933 photos, 8,854 members
- Riverside, Ca. :Photographic Symposia 583 photos, 59 members
- riverside-ca. 7,122 photos, 214 members
- California 242,317 photos, 7,174 members
- Orange - Villa Park, California 725 photos, 109 members
- iPad Wallpapers That Rock!!! 5,574 photos, 534 members
- Vintage Motorcycle Pictures 410 photos, 75 members
- Flying Spaghetti Monster 633 photos, 447 members
- The Abandoned 67,526 photos, 1,478 members
- California Landscapes and Desert 15,507 photos, 815 members
- Decay 69,822 photos, 1,703 members
- Desert Rambler 2,465 photos, 107 members
- Outdoors and Desert lovers 2,669 photos, 199 members
- Abandoned California 13,979 photos, 889 members
- Mojave Desert 7,102 photos, 412 members
- Amboy, California 487 photos, 132 members
- Bridges in Riverside County, California 0 photos, 1 member
- California Bridges 1,631 photos, 113 members
- The Bridge 13,134 photos, 1,247 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 154,682 photos, 16,880 members
- Telephone Exchanges 767 photos, 185 members
- Loving telephone lines. 819 photos, 161 members
- I Love My Calendar Girl *** Vintage Pin Up Art Only *** 3,226 photos, 1,239 members
- Posers and Statues 2,843 photos, 76 members
- Why did I Take That? 1,092 photos, 91 members
- Motorcycle Touring 17,505 photos, 1,640 members
Pete Zarria says:
"The Caveman, I had no idea who I was dealing with when I came across his early images one day, it was kismet. He has become a soul brother with his quick wit and endless intellectual curiosity. I have learned so much as will anyone with the sense to stick with him.
His vision is infused with an appreciation and close intimacy with Native Americans, their old ways and the earth itself. It is informed with the humility of a man who appreciates the the beauty around him and life in its many forms and places. He has taught me much of people, places and how to use a camera to capture something inside them and myself. I only hope I can honor him by producing something worthwhile. Thanks, Chuck."
29th November, 2008
- Chuck Coker
- July 2008
- Desert Hot Springs, California, USA
- I am: