I got tired of all the old stuff that was here. I deleted it and I'm trying to think of new stuff.
Caveman's First Photo Shoot
I like history. One of my favorite websites is the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. Lots of good stuff.
Some Historical Websites I Like
• U.S. Library of Congress Prints & Photographs
• U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
• Online Archive of California (California Digital Library)
I like traveling on my motorcycle. I haven't been off the North American continent, but I've ridden from Mexico to Alaska and coast to coast. I rode, doubled-up with my ex-wife on a Harley Low Rider, across the Arctic Circle in 1989. In 1994, I saw a couple in a magazine who claimed to be the first to do it. I know they weren't the first and I'm pretty sure we weren't the first either. I rode my motorcycle (the same Low Rider) to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in Arizona—I've never heard anyone else make that claim, but again, I can't believe I'm the first person to think of it.
Now I ride a 2005 H-D Ultra Classic. My kids say it's an old man's bike.
I just found this little thing that will tell me where visitors come from based on their IP addresses:
I couldn't figure out why this wasn't showing very many dots. Then I realized that this only records people that view my profile page.
bighugelabs.com/flickr/ has all kinds of cool things to suck up your time.
And if you are wondering, 92223 is the ZIP code (postal code) for Beaumont, California, USA (where I live). If you're not wondering, it's still the ZIP code.
Photos of “Caveman Chuck” Coker (6)
- Riverside County - photos must be taken within Riverside County 2,204 photos, 284 members
- Where in the Coachella Valley, Palm Springs CA etc. 211 photos, 37 members
- Desert Hot Springs: A City's Photo Album 56 photos, 9 members
- Old-ass Toyota: best car ever? 254 photos, 44 members
- The Mini Pickup Truck 3,641 photos, 142 members
- Toyota Trucks 5,040 photos, 820 members
- maps and charts 4,867 photos, 938 members
- maps 2,425 photos, 255 members
- Topographical Maps 174 photos, 59 members
- Cartography 4,346 photos, 806 members
- Flickr API 797 photos, 16,225 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 69,286 photos, 4,471 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 13,612 photos, 3,997 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 4,815 photos, 909 members
- Project Weather 634,868 photos, 90,734 members
- Geology Flickrs 4,170 photos, 536 members
- Geologists 9,955 photos, 647 members
- Geology 6,806 photos, 261 members
- Geologicpedia: learn geology through images. 11,889 photos, 1,549 members
- Soft Rock Geology 991 photos, 41 members
- Libertarian Party 2 photos, 1 member
- THE ( WORLD ) POLITICS GROUP: LIBERTY IS YOURS ENJOY 3,220 photos, 201 members
- The Libertarian Democrats 5 photos, 10 members
- LIbertarianism 17 photos, 13 members
- All Custom Motorcycles,in the world. 4,997 photos, 275 members
- Scanned Nostalgia 52,696 photos, 1,575 members
- Early Advertising (pre 1920) 8,601 photos, 561 members
- Print Ad Automobile 12,150 photos, 221 members
- Golden Age of Advertising: 1950s - 1970s 33,202 photos, 1,905 members
- All New Scavenger Hunt (ANSH) Round 66 in Progress 16,873 photos, 227 members
- Things Time Forgot | Beauty in entropy. 1,827 photos, 109 members
- US Highway 1: Maine to Florida 2,265 photos, 254 members
- RoadTrip USA 436 photos, 39 members
- A Tribute to Harley Davidson Motorcycles 4,863 photos, 530 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 182,495 photos, 24,096 members
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 170,767 photos, 9,230 members
- Riverside, Ca. :Photographic Symposia 624 photos, 58 members
- riverside-ca. 7,557 photos, 223 members
- California 275,310 photos, 7,596 members
- Orange - Villa Park, California 767 photos, 111 members
- Vintage Motorcycle Pictures 585 photos, 82 members
- Flying Spaghetti Monster 666 photos, 456 members
- The Abandoned 86,976 photos, 1,804 members
- California Landscapes and Desert 26,122 photos, 1,409 members
- Decay 97,230 photos, 2,306 members
- Desert Rambler 3,348 photos, 158 members
- Outdoors and Desert lovers 3,088 photos, 210 members
- Abandoned California 16,361 photos, 1,020 members
- Mojave Desert 8,679 photos, 493 members
- Amboy, California 544 photos, 142 members
Toby Dickens says:
"The Caveman, I had no idea who I was dealing with when I came across his early images one day, it was kismet. He has become a soul brother with his quick wit and endless intellectual curiosity. I have learned so much as will anyone with the sense to stick with him.
His vision is infused with an appreciation and close intimacy with Native Americans, their old ways and the earth itself. It is informed with the humility of a man who appreciates the the beauty around him and life in its many forms and places. He has taught me much of people, places and how to use a camera to capture something inside them and myself. I only hope I can honor him by producing something worthwhile. Thanks, Chuck."
November 29th, 2008
- Chuck Coker
- July 2008
- Desert Hot Springs, California, USA
- I am: