I got tired of all the old stuff that was here. I deleted it and I'm trying to think of new stuff.
Caveman's First Photo Shoot
I like history. One of my favorite websites is the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. Lots of good stuff.
Some Historical Websites I Like
• U.S. Library of Congress Prints & Photographs
• U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
• Online Archive of California (California Digital Library)
I like traveling on my motorcycle. I haven't been off the North American continent, but I've ridden from Mexico to Alaska and coast to coast. I rode, doubled-up with my ex-wife on a Harley Low Rider, across the Arctic Circle in 1989. In 1994, I saw a couple in a magazine who claimed to be the first to do it. I know they weren't the first and I'm pretty sure we weren't the first either. I rode my motorcycle (the same Low Rider) to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in Arizona—I've never heard anyone else make that claim, but again, I can't believe I'm the first person to think of it.
Now I ride a 2005 H-D Ultra Classic. My kids say it's an old man's bike.
I just found this little thing that will tell me where visitors come from based on their IP addresses:
I couldn't figure out why this wasn't showing very many dots. Then I realized that this only records people that view my profile page.
bighugelabs.com/flickr/ has all kinds of cool things to suck up your time.
And if you are wondering, 92223 is the ZIP code (postal code) for Beaumont, California, USA (where I live). If you're not wondering, it's still the ZIP code.
Photos of “Caveman Chuck” Coker (6)
- Crown Group - HQ Photography 102,092 photos, 1,155 members
- Hard to Duplicate (Post 1, Award 3) 6,509 photos, 621 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 55,192 photos, 2,168 members
- Explore California State Route 111 6 photos, 1 member
- Explore California State Route 86 0 photos, 1 member
- Riverside County - photos must be taken within Riverside County 2,392 photos, 298 members
- Where in the Coachella Valley, Palm Springs CA etc. 215 photos, 37 members
- Desert Hot Springs: A City's Photo Album 61 photos, 12 members
- Old-ass Toyota: best car ever? 260 photos, 44 members
- The Mini Pickup Truck 4,381 photos, 169 members
- Toyota Trucks 5,294 photos, 861 members
- maps and charts 5,097 photos, 961 members
- maps 2,647 photos, 267 members
- Topographical Maps 207 photos, 61 members
- Cartography 4,509 photos, 832 members
- Flickr API 785 photos, 17,120 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 85,566 photos, 4,606 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 14,081 photos, 4,108 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 4,959 photos, 945 members
- Project Weather 645,106 photos, 93,691 members
- Geology Flickrs 5,297 photos, 609 members
- Geologists 10,932 photos, 680 members
- Geology 7,595 photos, 295 members
- Geologicpedia: learn geology through images. 13,264 photos, 1,598 members
- Soft Rock Geology 1,193 photos, 49 members
- Libertarian Party 2 photos, 1 member
- THE ( WORLD ) POLITICS GROUP: LIBERTY IS YOURS ENJOY 3,512 photos, 213 members
- The Libertarian Democrats 5 photos, 10 members
- LIbertarianism 17 photos, 13 members
- All Custom Motorcycles,in the world. 5,389 photos, 317 members
- Scanned Nostalgia 57,424 photos, 1,646 members
- Early Advertising (pre 1920) 9,811 photos, 565 members
- Print Ad Automobile 13,601 photos, 240 members
- Golden Age of Advertising: 1950s - 1970s 35,001 photos, 1,985 members
- All New Scavenger Hunt (ANSH) Round 72 in Progress 17,744 photos, 229 members
- Things Time Forgot | Beauty in entropy. 2,008 photos, 110 members
- US Highway 1: Maine to Florida 2,549 photos, 263 members
- RoadTrip USA 457 photos, 40 members
- A Tribute to Harley Davidson Motorcycles 4,999 photos, 542 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 188,638 photos, 25,909 members
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 182,831 photos, 9,412 members
- Riverside, Ca. :Photographic Symposia 634 photos, 58 members
- riverside-ca. 7,765 photos, 226 members
- California 287,506 photos, 7,748 members
- Orange - Villa Park, California 788 photos, 114 members
- Vintage Motorcycle Pictures 603 photos, 84 members
- Flying Spaghetti Monster 667 photos, 454 members
- The Abandoned 97,271 photos, 1,901 members
- California Landscapes and Desert 30,702 photos, 1,662 members
- Decay 111,790 photos, 2,575 members
Pete Zarria says:
"The Caveman, I had no idea who I was dealing with when I came across his early images one day, it was kismet. He has become a soul brother with his quick wit and endless intellectual curiosity. I have learned so much as will anyone with the sense to stick with him.
His vision is infused with an appreciation and close intimacy with Native Americans, their old ways and the earth itself. It is informed with the humility of a man who appreciates the the beauty around him and life in its many forms and places. He has taught me much of people, places and how to use a camera to capture something inside them and myself. I only hope I can honor him by producing something worthwhile. Thanks, Chuck."
November 29th, 2008
- Chuck Coker
- July 2008
- Desert Hot Springs, California, USA
- I am: