I am weirdly eccentric, mildly psychotic.
Art, history, politics - these make me tick.
No, not that typical arty elitist prick,
but the noisy chatty photographer
that makes you wanna throw a brick.
No, no. I have no fascination,
with the toy of alliteration.
I like literature with passionate devotion;
but far from it, I'm just a facebook poet with a mission.
My mission is simple and clear,
to speak the things that are dear
even though what I say may seem austere.
Yet please don't fear,
I'd just like to lead you to the new frontier -
of the unknown, of the unspoken -
that you can look back and smile;
admiring the wonders of yesteryear.
- Singapore Photowalkers 24,439 photos, 969 members
- T-Shirt Design Compilation 2,567 photos, 384 members
- T-Shirt Revolution 20,082 photos, 3,781 members
- + T-Shirts ( T恤,Ｔシャツ ) 12,011 photos, 1,859 members
- Tee Shirts 4,303 photos, 544 members
- Wai So Serious? (공식의 ★WaiWai★ 팬 클럽) 176 photos, 58 members
- National Geographic Faces of the World 86,300 photos, 3,265 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 522,291 photos, 40,797 members
- VJC Photography Society 75 photos, 26 members
- Singapore Changing Landscape 279 photos, 21 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 855 photos, 22,251 members
- flickr contacts 22,566 photos, 2,668 members
- Camera Gears Product shots 3,168 photos, 253 members
- Jumping Project 51,221 photos, 34,122 members
- Amazing Shots Gallery! 216,844 photos, 22,175 members
- streetpics 83,884 photos, 1,513 members
- 1 Flower 4 Freedom 2,534 photos, 695 members
- yin yang 1,940 photos, 526 members
- Scout Pioneering 1,320 photos, 514 members
- Morbid Desaturated 1,961 photos, 283 members
- Fall Flickr 2,404 photos, 487 members
- Graphic Designers Moonlighting as Photographers 320,782 photos, 24,676 members
- -25 11,438 photos, 671 members
- 525,600 Minutes 126 photos, 90 members
- Judge My Landscape 46 photos, 55 members
- eyewash design 9,943 photos, 990 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 21,806 photos, 5,700 members
- The Conran Shop 104 photos, 256 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 90,629 photos, 9,154 members
- National Geographic - by Italian People 84,387 photos, 6,324 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 254,222 photos, 13,785 members
- Flickr's Legend - Invite ONLY! *~Quality Only! *~NO Video! 3,695 photos, 2,291 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 329,545 photos, 40,028 members
- Just TOO Cute! ~ A Place for Children and Pets 48,441 photos, 5,624 members
- Singapore Arts Festival 2007 87 photos, 57 members
- Your Life on 20/07/2007 430 photos, 288 members
- Critique This! [ -25 Only] 50,309 photos, 4,740 members
- BANGKOK...For LOVE 11,018 photos, 420 members
- Teen Elite 18,747 photos, 1,454 members
- Motif'd Challenge Group!! Fun for All!!! 8,208 photos, 1,699 members
- You Think this is Art 1,955,485 photos, 72,604 members
- Mix of Emotions 6,972 photos, 889 members
- Your Best Photography 2,413,212 photos, 42,803 members
- WORLDWIDE URBAN PANORAMA ..Post 1, comment 5 6,907 photos, 916 members
- Film Shooters (under 25 only) 214,936 photos, 6,509 members
- Postcards from Second Life 17 photos, 284 members
- SCHOOL, Holy Crap! When is it Over? 1,080 photos, 337 members
- Print? 900 photos, 465 members
- People-Free Pics (by Under 25 only) 3,900 photos, 344 members
- Just Teens (images OF teens only) 30,187 photos, 2,314 members
"Looking back at 2008, meeting Muyao was definately one of the highlights from the year. Learnt alot of the artform that is photography from him, never ceases to amaze me with his ideas and way of thinking."
January 2nd, 2009
"Chris a.k.a Mu Yao has been a photographer cum friend that I have always looked up to.
Though his photographs maybe of top quality, he has always been a person who is down to earth and helps out people who are new to photography by giving them advice and guidance or even solving personal problems that one may face during the course of life.
Therefore, I would just say a word of thanks and do continue to produce those awesome photographes, Chris.
God bless and a happy new year!
December 31st, 2008
[ kai wen ] says:
"Ask me which photographer has left me the greatest impression so far. Well its none other than 小猫王. Humorous as he is, this photographer not only has wacky ideas, but also cool techniques that impress me. I must say that this is one photographer I will never forget. In the near future, we'll see him shine like never before."
December 26th, 2008
"Mu Yao was my inspiration and sort of mentor for much of my early days of photography(lol i dunno whether now still counted early). Anyway Mu Yao's friendliness really makes him nice to hang out with =D especially when he treat you cab =D. Mr. Lim's photography ranges far and wide and what I really like is that we enjoys going down to the level of the common human to take paparazzi snaps =D, which are fun but irritating. Mr Lim has acted as a inspiration and shi fu to many young photographers and this is deeply admirable as he spreads and encourages the love of photography. Chris is a great photographer! GReater person! This testimonial is dedicated to Mu Yao more than Mu Yao's Photography"
August 2nd, 2008
"Chris' photostream is brimming with limitless energy, imagination and passion. It courses through the landscape of photography, seeking out new lands to water, new nooks to fill, exploring, collecting. I look forward to the day when this stream grows to become a raging river, flowing towards the sea of perfection."
October 31st, 2007
"hmmm. what can i say about him? hahaha, yes, Chris Lim Mu Yao aka miao miao. lets just say he's cool =)
got to know him recently and yeah, he's a pretty funny guy as well. a person i really look up to in photography. simply love all the pictures that he takes, post-process or whatever. he's a genius, taking in the fact that he didn't even have his own dslr (he just won his olympus recently), using the school's property, lets just say he's really a genius, an adept in photography. a great friend to talk to, a funny guy to be with =)"
August 9th, 2007
"Bow Chich a wow wow! Bow Chich a wow wow!
Chris Does his art by heart. He's really Smart!! And makes mean Abstract Art..
Bow Chich a wow wow! Bow Chich a wow wow!
JK.. I'm still working on your testimonial Dude :P"
December 27th, 2006
Big Fat Smiler says:
"Muyao has been an extremely encouraging senior in my walk with photography, never once stopping to drown me in photographic advice be it on which white balance to use, which degree of aperture and the sometimes *ahem* irritating blabber on technical aspects of photography (of which i am extremely incognizant of).
Nevertheless, he has proofed worthy as an excellent mentor and photographer, always encouraging me to strive for better in every shot and never giving up despite my own giving up especially after horrific photo duties with horrific experiences with horrific fellow photographers (YOU KNOW WHO!)
Thanks for the tremendous help plus mental support and being the pivotal point of my extremely delicate and anytime-falling sanity.
Cheers to seeing you shooting award winning stuff!"
November 30th, 2006
"It was somewhere in the dark days of September 2005 that both Chris and I discovered our passion for photography. Ever since, Chris has been shooting like mad. Literally. Just put a camera in his hands and you'll see.
He has also introduced me to flickr and 'revived' my account, providing encouragement and help especially in the area of photoshop which he excells in too.
Shooting with Chris is a great pleasure and very entertaining, sometimes our dedication leads us to do the most stupid things (ask him how his spectacles fell into a pond).
What fire of passion! =)"
November 14th, 2006
"Chris is definitly one of the best young photographers out there. He has a mature and artistic perpective.
BTW he's amazing at knowing soooo many languages!!!!"
October 5th, 2006
"miao miao! he's a young lad in comparison to many others in the field of photography. but! he's definitely an outstanding and mature photographer. he has developed his own world view on life and has expressed it well through his photographs despite his tender age. ( i think i'm making myself seem really old, this is bad. i'm young! ) he takes a lot of photographs, tries out new skills and is a master in photoshop. i don't quite know how his friends can handle him, since it must be quite a pain to have people taking photos of you every single second. heheheh. keep shooting alright?"
September 18th, 2006
I have return to visit his other site from time to time.
But I know there is only only Chris Lim that I know who is totally outstanding in potential.
He is very well into art & leadership development. Each of his master pieces are excellent if not superb.
I am sure he is a rising star & artist in this highly competitive digital era.
Please visit him more often to discover more.....
You have a bright future......"
September 6th, 2006
Wilson Low says:
"Mac is a young chap but a good photographer, always trying different techniques and equipments ,,,, his photos captured the events of people and you can actually see his enthusiam in becoming a great photographer from all his recent works! ;-) Looking forward to all your new excting photos...... yES MacRules ;-)
~ Wilson Low"
August 11th, 2006
- 林 慕尧 / Chris Lim
- August 2005
- East Coast , Singapore
- I am:
- Male and Single
- National Slave
- All The King's Meows.