- 'RoidWeek 2016 4,411 photos, 841 members
- Autumn Polaroid Week 2014 1,691 photos, 415 members
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,455 photos, 698 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 2,856 photos, 977 members
- Canon 7D - All Models 475,520 photos, 10,930 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,101 photos, 1,039 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,105 photos, 1,272 members
- Polaroid Film 21,210 photos, 992 members
- sfgirlbybay 17,605 photos, 1,077 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,190 photos, 1,603 members
- All-Mighty Clothing 1,841 photos, 275 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 147,193 photos, 9,641 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,752 photos, 1,303 members
- Polaroid Apocalypse 5,375 photos, 511 members
- BOYCOTT POLAROID! 2,724 photos, 1,117 members
- Hasselblad 273,412 photos, 12,913 members
- Save Polaroid - Self Portraits 531 photos, 5,389 members
- pola weekly 3,482 photos, 330 members
- plroid 12,411 photos, 377 members
- 'Roid Week 2008 2,547 photos, 835 members
- Affinity 0 photos, 2 members
- Polaroid Nerd Out 2012 1,394 photos, 271 members
- Polaroid SLR 680 19,162 photos, 1,088 members
- TDW/TCW 155 photos, 41 members
- Polaroid Land Camera 52,230 photos, 5,704 members
- 'Roid Week 2007 1,491 photos, 389 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,923 photos, 2,514 members
- 'Roid Week 2006 189 photos, 80 members
- Diners 8,378 photos, 2,029 members
- My boston terrier is cuter than your boston terrier. 16,475 photos, 1,210 members
- SF Flickr Social 12,294 photos, 933 members
- Polaroid 300,394 photos, 31,745 members
- Man-Back 637 photos, 95 members
- San Francisco 276,135 photos, 15,656 members
- Boston Commons 14,152 photos, 586 members
"cate takes photographs... really plucks them from the universe. it's astounding.
also, she hoards polaroid film."
July 2nd, 2008
"she's one of those people who only come around once in a while, and that's if you're lucky, very special is she."
December 29th, 2007
"pretty pretty polaroid princess!
adore her a zillion times over."
November 13th, 2007
"Awe inspiring in so many ways -- she's one of west coast's finest! Oh - and she has the cutest doggies in the world, too!"
September 26th, 2007
Pamela Drouin says:
"Converses quite well with persons of one toof.
Seriously - I have never seen more heartbreakingly pulchritudinous polaroids than Cate's. I had to break out the dictionary for that one, they are so good. Oh, and Cate's uber-sweet to boot :)"
September 26th, 2007
"Cate, or as she would like to be called *cate*, once shivved me in a men's locker room in box elder, MO, took my chain wallet and proceeded to take Polaroids of me lying in a pool of my own blood. I know she will post them soon on flickr cause even I think they are amazing."
September 25th, 2007
"wrecks my whole shit"
September 9th, 2007
"* cate * is the polaroid spectra queen. I always get excited when I see something new in her stream."
September 6th, 2007
truck stop tea party says:
"inspirationammmazicle fotos that I ALWAYS admire!"
September 1st, 2007
myla kent says:
"Her work is, in a word: sublime."
August 5th, 2007
"cate inspires me in more ways than i can count -- she's totally gotten me started down the polaroid road, she's become a beloved friend and film-freak and shooting partner, and her photos never cease to knock me completely ass-over-teacups -- wonderful angles, strange and swirling colors, just the perfect touch of sweetness or sinister-ness or... always simple and elegant, yet wildly complex in their impact. i often wish i could see through her eyes."
July 10th, 2007
"I can't keep up with her amazing shots!
just fabulous all around,
no matter what format film or camera"
July 6th, 2007
blackbird singing says:
June 28th, 2007
nyra lang says:
June 24th, 2007
"I would say something snide, but I owe her a beer. A proper one that is, not like that muck they drink in SF..."
April 7th, 2007
mittens oh my! says:
"A camera in her hands is a magic wand and she is an enchanted princess photographer. i love her...like really, really love her."
January 14th, 2007
SF buckaroo says:
"cate-- AKA star cate star-- has a unique approach to photography. it's not about the technical quality of the photo, and it's not about a clean tidy composition. to the contrary cate uses the imperfections in quality or the random-looking composition to portray the message with much more impact than could be achieved from a more "flawless" photo. and what's that message? that's the best thing about following cate's photostream, because every photo has some little message, always delivered with self-effacing humor and subtle layers of meaning.
the combination of quirky composition (it's often about what's *not* in the photo with cate's pictures), the self effacing humor, the willingness to reveal very personal feelings through image and caption all make for an engaging photostream that might just grab you by the heart while giggling uncontrollably.
it strikes me that this is the stuff of big ticket marketing campaigns. the really really cool thing is that with cate, these heartstrings are the real deal."
January 3rd, 2007
sam b-r says:
"humble. modest. turns a polaroid into a thing of beauty. i'll always be jealous of the comments. makes me smile."
October 25th, 2006
"more truth and beauty than we could ever hope for, gracefully delivered with intelligent wit. in spades.
one word: slideshow"
July 9th, 2006
"i love her."
July 2nd, 2006
"the joyous day of our face to face meeting is still to come yet we are totally simpatico. she's like your best friend when you were little that you used to whisper secrets to and giggle with but lost touch and always wanted back."
May 14th, 2006
"One of the warmest, most compasionate people I've ever met. There is nothing insincere, thoughtless, or superficial about her or her photos. Each one of her photos reveals her depth and keen instincts. I am so lucky to have met her through flickr and call her my friend."
October 25th, 2005
Ten Directions says:
"Cate takes some of the most intimate photos I have seen on flickr. They are magical and show what is closest to her heart— friends, family, and two Boston Terriers. These sensitive images are full of joy, love and humor. Take a close look at the photos of Scooter and Ruby, there is nothing better in the flickrverse.
Cate’s sharp wit that accompanies the photos is a delicious treat that entertains greatly.
So hang out with Cate, meet her world and experience the warmth and joy of this great photo stream."
August 9th, 2005
"Recipe for AuntCate
6 seasons of 'Sex & the City' (SF style)
2 crazy Boston Terriers
3 weekly BootCamp sessions at the gym
1 swanky PacHeights condo
1 sassy local sister, bro-in-law & baby neice
1 pinch of 'Wall Street', to taste
Blend with crushed ice, serve in a martini glass with a twist of lemon.
Yield: Makes one serving of the world's greatest Aunt."
December 28th, 2004
- November 2004