I am Viennese, London is my adopted city.
You are welcome to view / purchase my books:
BORDERWATERS by Krystina Stimakovits & Susan Wolff
CAMOUFLAGE ALLEY krystina stimakovits by Krystina Stimakovits
THRESHOLDS.....35 photographs involving glass.
Thresholds ... By Krystina Stimakovits
U R B A N P ... Photography By krystina stimakovits Book Preview
Interview on LIP site:
Photos of casually, krystina (1)
- URBANAUTICA 2,884 photos, 490 members
- ŁÓDŹ 8,941 photos, 552 members
- Kippax 2,938 photos, 253 members
- In Limbo 1,472 photos, 158 members
- BORDWTRs 25 photos, 1 member
- Curation of Time and Space 5,105 photos, 77 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 121,932 photos, 3,758 members
- Proposals for Exhibitions 18 photos, 3 members
- The ambiguous gift 1,971 photos, 202 members
- Construction Site Abstract 3,202 photos, 815 members
- URBANIQUE 5,390 photos, 285 members
- subtle cities 1,238 photos, 140 members
- HAPHAZART! Magazine 4 photos, 22 members
- PURSUIT 7 photos, 1 member
- Level Zero 41 photos, 13 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 119,899 photos, 3,927 members
- Landscape 2019 4 photos
- K AUSWAHL solo 36 photos
- Sotiris Lamprou 29 photos
- The Spirit of Trees 29 photos
- Anna Paola Guerra 29 photos
- colour III 6 photos
- Flaneur 2017-18 19 photos
- PHOTO+7 25 photos
- OBLIQUELY II 10 photos
- Landscapes '18 18 photos
- J - WORK and REPOSE 15 photos
- COAL / KOHLE / CHARBON 25 photos
- pete URBANFOTO 11 photos
- Juergen selection 21 photos
- Bits of Wood 20 photos
- juergen 2 23 photos
- JUXTAPOSED II 24 photos
- My Solo Xhibit (Budapest -2016) 5 photos
- ryk extra 16 photos
- RYK 19 photos
- Landscapes 2017-18 21 photos
- isa gelb 11 photos
- Mariano Brizzola 17 photos
- Flaneurs 2016-17 27 photos
- Lee paperworks 28 photos
- landscapes 2016 29 photos
- juergen sarge 50 photos
- Pete's shadows 21 photos
- The Language of Forms 34 photos
- Photo+ 6 29 photos
- my photos on a flickr contact's wall 2 photos
- beyond appearances 17 photos
- liminal 19 photos
- VIENNA, WIEN, VINDOBONA 22 photos
- FLANEURS 2015 17 photos
- landscapes 2015 28 photos
- Pete's NY 10 photos
- WITH A CONCEPT II 15 photos
- FLANEURS 2014-5 20 photos
- WITHOUT A CAMERA 40 photos
- SOMETHING ELSE 40 photos
- BOBREK BYTOM by Katowice, Poland 23 photos
- MONOCHROMES II 33 photos
- STILL #2 31 photos
- JUXTAPOSED 34 photos
- SITEWORKS 4 photos
- WITH A CONCEPT 16 photos
- SLOW BURN 36 photos
- STILL 18 photos
- OBLIQUELY 33 photos
- TROPHIES 27 photos
- MONOCHROMES 25 photos
- Photo+ 5 32 photos
- Vienna by different eyes - for my friends. 13 photos
- GAMES FOR THE SOUL III 15 photos
- 2014 19 photos
- SOUL TEASERS 18 photos
- Pete Gardner's London 23 photos
- MONO 2013 14 photos, 1 video
- WAYWARD 15 photos
- PHOTO + 4 16 photos
- HONEYCOMB 17 photos
- lisa sheer 18 photos
- 2013 18 photos
- 2013 LIMINAL 15 photos
- Photo Plus (3) 15 photos
- TIME ARRESTED 16 photos
- dreaming 14 photos
- UP CLOSE 16 photos
- GAMES for the SOUL II 15 photos
- URBANIQUE 2012 12 photos
- Photo + (2) 13 photos
- COLOUR 2012 17 photos
- MONOCHROMES II 17 photos
- Games for the Soul 17 photos
- all about mood 15 photos
- oneirics 18 photos
- Photo + 15 photos
- a different pov 15 photos
- paul glazier 18 photos
- Anna Paola Guerra 23 photos
- garmonique 4 photos
- Aerial Photography 18 photos
- DELICATESSEN 18 photos
- 2011 COLOUR II 14 photos
- synaptic-click 18 photos
- MONOCHROMES I 11 photos
- 2011 COLOUR 12 photos
- B&W 13 photos
- Haphazartists' 2010 15 photos
- Rainer- Lichteinfall - 20 photos
- Pete Gardner 14 photos
Delay Tactics says:
"I've been watching and impressed with Krystina's work for many years now. She will always find that unique angle and subject that you immediately identify as hers without having to see her name on the screen."
February 13th, 2016
"Krystina's stream strikes me as an infinitely patient meditation - on translucency, texture, and compositional rhythm. The themes emerge gradually, through shrouding, in the subtlest of almost-monochrome shades. Even in such urban contexts, nothing ever seems abrupt or out of place - it all just flows into a much bigger point of view. That sense of organic wholeness made this gallery (link below) the very hard to curate - it feels slightly rude to pluck images out of context! I love the sense of calm I get from viewing your work.
January 22nd, 2010
"You never photograph particular things.
You only see complete wholes.
And because you see complete wholes so well,
you can break down the articulating limits,
tear off the skin of things,
until your work becomes more musical passage
or complex fragrance
than merely an interesting record of objects.
When I said a while ago that you defy photography,
that is what I meant.
You record instability.
Not the instability of muscled action,
but the instability of exposed vulnerability,
the instability of the preciously hidden.
Without shame, without defiance,
but with mature confidence.
If most photographers focus on the shape of the shell,
you focus on the soft center.
Your work is immensely feminine.
No man could ever see this way."
September 3rd, 2009
"Casually, Krystina is one of my favorite photographer,
or better say artist.
i love the way she frames reality to create her own unique language,
her own letters - with which she conveys her say.
i truly feel she writes me / us her story of urban life tales.
revealing the aesthetics whispers between the layers.
Casually is one of the reason for me to re-visit flickr
and be inspired again and again.
Good luck with the book and with everything you do, Dear."
May 3rd, 2009
"Krystina is one of the most exciting and accomplished photographers on flickr........ why just stop at flickr?
The first thought that comes to mind when i look at her images is 'ooooo I wish I'd taken that!' I love the way she uses light, her unique sense of design, her intelligent compositions, her evocative use of colour........
Her comments are honest, sensitive and insightful and her contribution to discussions has me mulling ideas over for days.
......thank gourd she's on flickr!!!"
February 15th, 2008
"It's people like casualites that made the "old flickr" the great place it was, casualities' work understands the REAL nature of photography, thanks for sharing"
June 29th, 2007
pa gillet says:
"Casualty doesn't have only an incomparable talent with her eye but she also knows the words of arts and heart.
This is why i won't say anything more from now cause she's unbeatable."
January 13th, 2007
- October 2006
- Vienna, Austria
- London, UK
- I am:
- ex-director of voluntary organisation
- krystina stimakovits photography