I'm mostly a daydreamer. I'll see a person and make up their life story, or see an object thrown on the side of the road and imagine who threw it out their window driving by and why. Photographs for me are a way of holding on to the fleeting beauty life has to offer, and to capture a story in the middle of being told it. I get excited about nature, rays of light, the moon, new leaves budding, and the shadows of trees. I can't help but stare at people's hands, feet and how they fidget.
I haven't taken the time to edit my photostream. If you want to see the best, check out my sets, I'm pretty careful about what I put in there.
I want to see all of the world! So far, I've been lucky enough to see these bits (most of it as a child so I need to go back!)
create your own visited countries map
Click here to check out volunteer opportunities in North Texas. Make a Difference Today!
I enjoy being able to "meet" others from all over the world, and right here in my own city, through Flickr. Like most people I enjoy having comments, and I am a good commenter.
*My pet peeve (on Flickr) are those blingy comments, with HTML pics or whatever in them. I usally delete comments with them. I also routinely block people who fave a picture of mine if they don't have any pictures in their own photostream.*
I have varied interests:
I swap: www.swap-bot.com/member/?id=12630
I read: www.goodreads.com/review/list/902823?shelf=currently-reading
I blog: www.tryingtounderstandtheworldaroundme.blogspot.com/
I work: www.hippyhippyworld.blogspot.com/
I currently live in Dallas, have been here over 20 years, in the funky, transitional, multi-ethnic, somewhat historic neighborhood of Oak Cliff. I'm somewhat of a city girl but hate the heat in Texas and miss mountains and beautiful natural scenery and being outdoors. I have a Texas set where you can see my perspective of Texas.
My parents live in Louisiana where I went to college (UL), I love the culture, food and funkiness of that country...I mean state...I have a Louisiana set you need to check out!
The home of my heart is Wyoming where I went every summer as a child, where my Dad is from, where we have a cabin at the base of the Big Horn Mountains. Considering I'm only there a few weeks out of the year I have a LOT of pictures of Wyoming! I hope you'll check out "My Wyoming" set too!
Photos of carladenton (5)
- Drama Club..ღ 1,635 photos, 212 members
- 30's "ART DECO period" 6,465 photos, 142 members
- Kansas 45,761 photos, 1,305 members
- Denton Camera Club 1,252 photos, 62 members
- WeDentonDoIt 2,638 photos, 113 members
- dentontx 2,821 photos, 137 members
- Denton, Texas 1,841 photos, 123 members
- Denton Area Photographers 12,278 photos, 314 members
- Frozen 7,232 photos, 793 members
- INVIERNO FOTOS // DAY OF WINTER // DIAS DE INVIERNO 8,950 photos, 1,170 members
- Snowflakes, Snow & Winter 10,081 photos, 939 members
- Winter Wonderland 295,627 photos, 24,616 members
- Mountains in Winter 5,682 photos, 658 members
- 13 Ounces or Less 56 photos, 393 members
- Cemeteries - Cementerios - Friedhoefe - Cimetières - Cimiteri 145,829 photos, 8,072 members
- Cemeteries and Sensuality 2,549 photos, 836 members
- Cemetery Symbolism 4,156 photos, 339 members
- Cemeteries of the United States 23,113 photos, 1,120 members
- Roller Derby 45,659 photos, 6,592 members
- 100 Strangers 49,930 photos, 11,667 members
- A conversation with trees, and other plants. 13,503 photos, 576 members
- This American Life • Theme of the Week 430 photos, 459 members
- Unclutterer Workspaces 3,496 photos, 4,828 members
- Night Images 1,182,682 photos, 162,123 members
- Readymade 357 photos, 116 members
- "Flowers, Trees & Foliage" 249,839 photos, 6,148 members
- Wildflowers 107,118 photos, 4,584 members
- Wyoming Wildflowers 295 photos, 34 members
- Buffalo Bill Historical Center Plains Indian Museum Powwow 43 photos, 7 members
- Native Americans are Americans Too 459 photos, 309 members
- Native American Cliff Dwellings, Petroglyphs and Pictographs 7,261 photos, 594 members
- Wyoming "The Cowboy State" 18,865 photos, 804 members
- Real West 13,413 photos, 195 members
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West 334 photos, 84 members
- New Deal Post Office Murals 3,642 photos, 139 members
- Bench Monday 16,121 photos, 3,932 members
- Neon People (vintage signs) 1,533 photos, 202 members
- Trees in Mist 40,321 photos, 7,235 members
- Spirit of the American West! 12,133 photos, 425 members
- NewWest.Net -- Voice of the Rocky Mountains 29,991 photos, 820 members
- Swap the Planet 12 photos, 5 members
- Wyoming Thunderstorms 2017 906 photos, 190 members
- Poetry, Tea and Tree 253 photos, 8 members
- Bridges to Nowhere 1,735 photos, 387 members
- Yucca 1,222 photos, 199 members
- PegasusNews DFW 7,439 photos, 307 members
- Quoted (photos that illustrate quotations) 4,260 photos, 1,521 members
- Art&Seek 24,570 photos, 1,092 members
- Antiquity Abating 15,822 photos, 521 members
- My scary teenager 280 photos, 72 members
Texas to Mexico says:
"Carla is a true kindred spirit. I can't say enough about meeting this awesome & beautiful Flickr friend. She has an eye for beauty, has an artistic soul & leaves me wondering if we knew each other somewhere before? She has a generosity of time, talent & friendship that I look forward to enjoying for many years to come! So glad we are part of the same Flickrazzi circles! Bravo!"
June 1st, 2008
"Carla is one of my favorite friends. We have been travelling together for several years and we still like each other. We even got so brave last year as to travel in the same car with our children! She reminds me to stop and look at things rather than speed on by snapping out the window. It's not about just getting to your destination, it's enjoying the ride. And do we ever! So, if you ever see a speeding, silver, VW Bug making frequent stops, with two women and their matching cameras, you can be sure great pictures (and stories) will follow.
Welcome to Flickr, Carla. Our social lives are ruined!"
January 6th, 2007
- carla mowell
- December 2006
- Dallas, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken