Please contact me if you are interested in using my photographs. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2005, 2006 Kresta K.C. Venning.
I also support:
Photos of camera_rwanda (5)
- Naturalight 29,950 photos, 1,472 members
- "Exodus" in the XXI century 1,336 photos, 109 members
- Toyota Trucks in Africa 800 photos, 37 members
- The Point Foundation 112 photos, 3 members
- Kigali Wire 139 photos, 17 members
- Action for Africa 1,117 photos, 121 members
- MDG - United Nations Millennium Development Goals 1,752 photos, 192 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 1,817,367 photos, 28,122 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 402,270 photos, 103,696 members
- NIKON D200 USERS 70,417 photos, 2,747 members
- Field and agriculture 10,896 photos, 874 members
- Agriculture 40,251 photos, 1,985 members
- Photographer Universe 912,146 photos, 8,960 members
- Surivors of genocide 8 photos, 9 members
- CHILDREN AND PEOPLE OF THE WORLD 113,987 photos, 4,372 members
- Photography and fight for street children and orphans 1,375 photos, 409 members
- Imaculado Branco No Negro Infinito (POST 1 AND COMMENT 2) 1,062 photos, 77 members
- Africa in black and white 3,017 photos, 380 members
- Bournemouth 18,861 photos, 1,207 members
- NGO Committee on the Status of Women, NY 0 photos, 7 members
- worldwidewandering - a travel atlas 712,354 photos, 8,123 members
- Equal Treatment 184 photos, 24 members
- Global midwives and mothers 210 photos, 49 members
- Child Photography 425,274 photos, 28,277 members
- Mamarazzi Love 6,198 photos, 423 members
- We met on Flickr. 148 photos, 106 members
- Bournemouth Echo on Flickr 17,574 photos, 374 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 3,072,302 photos, 94,490 members
- Refugee Women 1,692 photos, 588 members
- FlickRelief: a collective effort 304 photos, 630 members
- ♥♥ People around us ♥♥ 689,309 photos, 11,176 members
- Refugee 3,575 photos, 246 members
- Africa Mission Alliance, Inc. 84 photos, 33 members
- Refugee Youth 3,054 photos, 795 members
- The WACC Photographic Competition 2009 1,236 photos, 914 members
- Cultural Boxes 92,342 photos, 2,781 members
- Impressions & Expressions 86,609 photos, 2,794 members
- International Museum of Women's Mother's Day Photo Contest 194 photos, 311 members
- Golden Photographer (Invite Only Images and +10Faves) 25,352 photos, 5,415 members
- STUDENTS IN FREE ENTERPRISE (SIFE) : Global Flickr Community 57 photos, 51 members
- enso 489 photos, 101 members
- Breakthrough: An Amateur Photography Revolution @ SFAC Gallery 129 photos, 35 members
- flickr GOLD***invited images only pls*** 61,676 photos, 12,785 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 401,816 photos, 22,200 members
- What's human heart made by? 49 photos, 30 members
- Bournemouth. Naturally! 7,581 photos, 78 members
- Kinson Common-Local Nature Reserve 2,895 photos, 49 members
- Decisive Moments... Classics in B&W 14,989 photos, 3,962 members
- Black and White Portraits 26,930 photos, 2,746 members
- Helluva Shot!! ART GALLERY 44,579 photos, 2,506 members
"Kresta is a digital storyteller. The best. She connects with the people in her photographs and her images almost read their thoughts. If in doubt, just look at the eyes."
November 29th, 2006
"Luckly i found your work, about one year ago, during my first weeks on flickr. Since then, I've been watching your extraordinary stream growing better and stronger everyday. On flickr today, where so many people sees photography only as an "aesthetic decoration product", it's a pleasure to keep finding you still communicating with light."
September 25th, 2006
Daniel Nobre says:
"This girl and her pictures are amazing and we must respect and admire them. This work is fantastic and has somekind of intensity and heart that makes us think about what really matters in life...The eyes of these children can tell a hundred of stories...."
August 16th, 2006
"Every photo she takes conveys an amazing amount of information. She manages to caputure everything beautiful, happy and sad in the eyes of these fantastic children. I wish that I had one-tenth of the fortitude that she obviously has to work on this. I am grateful to camera_rwanda for reminding me on a daily basis what the bigger picture is. Thanks!"
August 8th, 2006
"Revisiting Camera-rwanda again!...and still I feel deeply moved by the photography, the situation, the people and their spirit ...completely inspirational."
April 23rd, 2006
"Your work continues to inspire me. I was on a road trip with some friends the other day, doing my best to describe your photography, and that is when I realized the impact your work is having on total strangers. The word that describes your photography is UNFORGETTABLE."
March 14th, 2006
abiding adjustment says:
"camera_rwanda is not just a quick stop on flickr to the next photographer, but it is a journey you must take. through kresta king cutcher's eyes, you will be reminded that humanity and compassion are a universal necessity. that belonging can be bridged with an open and caring hand. that friendships can be forged with a smile and a camera. and that truth and love can set one free. i applaud kresta's brave quest and thank her for sharing her life with us via a viewfinder, one click at a time."
February 7th, 2006
Gypsy Flores Photography says:
"Camera-rwanda is a woman with an extraordinary gift. The gift of compassion. Of course she is an extraordinarily talented photographer; but more than that she is a woman with the eye to reveal to us the beauty in the world and the courage to show us the way to help create more."
January 16th, 2006
Thzami Gamour Rinpoche says:
Make it a Mandala.
You can do it,
when the Rainbow Sutra it.
Good 2 the last Haiku.
Time 2 make da Koan,
my darling Kresta"
November 13th, 2005
"Kresta is someone who walks the walk. I am better for seeing her photos.
She is a jewel!"
October 29th, 2005
"Here is the text we add to our site when we see the photos of camera_rwanda and the beautiful and important things she is doing :
"Chaque jour, partout, ici et ailleurs, des gens font le maximum pour influer sur un changement social. On les voit peu car la presse en parle peu. Ecolonews.info a décidé de suivre celles et ceux qui nous font partager leurs photos.
Camera_rwanda fait partie de ces gens qui aiment les gens qui aiment les gens..."
It means (roughly) :
"Every day, everywhere, here and overthere, there are people who do all their best for social change. We can't see them because mainstream rarely talk about them. Ecolonews.info decides to follow those who share their photos.
Camera_rwanda is one of the people who love people who love people..."
ecolonews.info est a french news and open publishing site about social an environmental ecology."
October 16th, 2005
- Kresta King
- October 2005
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- kresta king photography