I am always ready to share my images, but ask that you do not redistribute my images as your own for sale as collage image CDs or as stock images. If you want an image for a specific reason, just send me a Flickrmail. I have decided to set Creative Commons licenses on many more of my photographs so that you can use them on your blogs or websites. The license change applies primarily to photos as opposed to ephemera scans. I love seeing how you used my photographs, so leave me a link! Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
That said, I am a Cultural Tourist with eclectic Flickr interests.
I like stuff found in thrift stores, dogs, vintage illustrations, maps, ephemera of almost any kind, found objects, weird gardens, toy horses, mixed-media art, books (lots and lots of books!), geeky things, bad puns, old advertising, saints and shrines, Texas, Southeast Louisiana, cowboys, longhorns, backroads, roadside oddities, old signs, the desert, bayous and piney woods.
My interests include: reading, writing, making collages and assemblage art, thrift shopping, animal rescue, cultural investigations, thrift shopping, drawing, volunteering, and did I mention thrift shopping?
I was raised as oil brat, and married a guy in the oil business (how predictable). As a child, I lived in Venezuela, Libya (1971-73) and in Bahrain (1973-76). I spent my 20's through mid-30s in California (Huntington Beach, Hawthorne). My husband's job has taken us from California to Hawai'i, then Southeast Louisiana, and now to Texas. I like most climates, but prefer my snow on distant mountaintops or on postcards.
I'm an over-educated liberal arts major: I am a Phi Beta Kappa with a degree in Classical Civilization, Greek emphasis, and Comparative Literature, emphasis on critical theory. I know more useless facts than anyone really needs to know.
I'm more liberal than most of my neighbors. I live northeast of Houston in The Great State of Texas. I have two rescue dogs, countless books, too many boxes of ephemera and some of the best computer hardware around--if I don't own it, my Geek Boy son does! :)
I turned 50 in 2009, so I'm a "Baby Buster" or a "Generation Jones," with kids in high school and college My minivan mom days are nearing their end.
I love looking at other members' photos and scans of ephemera. Flickr has shown me that I'm not the only one who has clung to pretty illustrations, odd bits of advertising, labels from plastic toys and found photos and post cards!
I volunteer at my local Shelter and I blog about my experiences. Check out the link below, "We Don't Rent Puppies."
I'm thrilled to play a small part in the Flickr community--I'm impressed by the skills of the photographers, intrigued and inspired by the artists, and am amazed by the obsessiveness of some of the collectors!
Although my entries are sporadic, I have 2 blogs:
For Art & Collections:
For Animal Rescue:
Thanks for looking at my profile and enjoy my photostream!
Please leave a comment so I can look at your things, too. That's the best part of Flickr!
Photos of Calsidyrose (2)
- MUSEUM OF MEMORIES 4,022 photos, 355 members
- Texas Forest Trail Region: Culture and Heritage You'll Pine For 1,194 photos, 47 members
- American Railroad Post Cards 1,101 photos, 80 members
- Roadtrip Pioneers: Travel Before 1950 1,305 photos, 161 members
- Machinery Ephemera 3,831 photos, 46 members
- 'Tis The $eason: Christmas Ads 1,564 photos, 304 members
- Not Real Horses 700 photos, 158 members
- WORLD OF ISLANDS 11,978 photos, 768 members
- Halloween Magic 3,059 photos, 198 members
- Halloween Town 2,325 photos, 315 members
- Dog Paper Collage Art 356 photos, 48 members
- Jiggery Pokery 326 photos, 19 members
- Just one more quarter, pleeeeeze ! 2,263 photos, 144 members
- Bahrain Experience 5,324 photos, 487 members
- Middle Eastern Postcards 820 photos, 75 members
- Horses, mules and donkeys on postcards 11,302 photos, 101 members
- Libya Flickr ♥ فلكر ليبيا 10,862 photos, 795 members
- Pepsi 259 photos, 37 members
- Literature Hoedown 3,442 photos, 778 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 124,496 photos, 4,439 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 2,085 photos, 722 members
- PAPER MOON GREETINGS 63 photos, 9 members
- Nature Bookclub 751 photos, 119 members
- Perú Travel & Living 23,441 photos, 813 members
- abandoned beauties throughout the world 5,030 photos, 874 members
- Decaying Details 1,413 photos, 81 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 114,669 photos, 8,261 members
- My Small Business 1,990 photos, 137 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 16,996 photos, 548 members
- Animals in Your Art 83,138 photos, 4,766 members
- Dogs at Christmas 5,993 photos, 1,368 members
- Plastic Fantastic Christmas! Vintage 454 photos, 45 members
- CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT... 3,510 photos, 340 members
- scifri/leafpile 486 photos, 76 members
- Vintage Holiday & Seasonal Decorating 609 photos, 49 members
- A touch of nostalgia! 1,453 photos, 56 members
- Halloween Crafts 5,377 photos, 821 members
- Bodegones en fotografía / Still lifes fotography 43,343 photos, 2,552 members
- kids love Darwin 496 photos, 77 members
- Tony Tony Chopper 80 photos, 9 members
- Freehand doodle patterns 1,699 photos, 1,030 members
- Burning Man Art Installations 2,475 photos, 213 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,438 photos, 423 members
- journal junk~ 31,593 photos, 1,954 members
- Autumn Whimsy 12,467 photos, 1,932 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 148,746 photos, 6,510 members
- Archetypes 7,884 photos, 663 members
- Ema : Japanese Votive Boards 509 photos, 26 members
- Objects & Art 1,529 photos, 43 members
- METAL HORSES 696 photos, 78 members
"Calsidyrose has a wonderful eye
for fun and beauty and art
I am so glad she shares it us
I feel like I have always known her
Thank You. for being here Calsidyrose"
February 27th, 2010
"Um.. I don't even know you but your collection of images has me SWOOONING. Keep 'em coming! Your taste level is unsurpassed."
January 12th, 2010
- November 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- mixed media artist and junk collector
- We Don't Rent Puppies