I am always ready to share my images, but ask that you do not redistribute my images as your own for sale as collage image CDs or as stock images. If you want an image for a specific reason, just send me a Flickrmail. I have decided to set Creative Commons licenses on many more of my photographs so that you can use them on your blogs or websites. The license change applies primarily to photos as opposed to ephemera scans. I love seeing how you used my photographs, so leave me a link! Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
That said, I am a Cultural Tourist with eclectic Flickr interests.
I like stuff found in thrift stores, dogs, vintage illustrations, maps, ephemera of almost any kind, found objects, weird gardens, toy horses, mixed-media art, books (lots and lots of books!), geeky things, bad puns, old advertising, saints and shrines, Texas, Southeast Louisiana, cowboys, longhorns, backroads, roadside oddities, old signs, the desert, bayous and piney woods.
My interests include: reading, writing, making collages and assemblage art, thrift shopping, animal rescue, cultural investigations, thrift shopping, drawing, volunteering, and did I mention thrift shopping?
I was raised as oil brat, and married a guy in the oil business (how predictable). As a child, I lived in Venezuela, Libya (1971-73) and in Bahrain (1973-76). I spent my 20's through mid-30s in California (Huntington Beach, Hawthorne). My husband's job has taken us from California to Hawai'i, then Southeast Louisiana, and now to Texas. I like most climates, but prefer my snow on distant mountaintops or on postcards.
I'm an over-educated liberal arts major: I am a Phi Beta Kappa with a degree in Classical Civilization, Greek emphasis, and Comparative Literature, emphasis on critical theory. I know more useless facts than anyone really needs to know.
I'm more liberal than most of my neighbors. I live northeast of Houston in The Great State of Texas. I have two rescue dogs, countless books, too many boxes of ephemera and some of the best computer hardware around--if I don't own it, my Geek Boy son does! :)
I turned 50 in 2009, so I'm a "Baby Buster" or a "Generation Jones," with kids in high school and college My minivan mom days are nearing their end.
I love looking at other members' photos and scans of ephemera. Flickr has shown me that I'm not the only one who has clung to pretty illustrations, odd bits of advertising, labels from plastic toys and found photos and post cards!
I volunteer at my local Shelter and I blog about my experiences. Check out the link below, "We Don't Rent Puppies."
I'm thrilled to play a small part in the Flickr community--I'm impressed by the skills of the photographers, intrigued and inspired by the artists, and am amazed by the obsessiveness of some of the collectors!
Although my entries are sporadic, I have 2 blogs:
For Art & Collections:
For Animal Rescue:
Thanks for looking at my profile and enjoy my photostream!
Please leave a comment so I can look at your things, too. That's the best part of Flickr!
Photos of Calsidyrose (2)
- Texas Forest Trail Region: Culture and Heritage You'll Pine For 1,191 photos, 46 members
- American Railroad Post Cards 1,079 photos, 80 members
- Roadtrip Pioneers: Travel Before 1950 1,275 photos, 158 members
- Machinery Ephemera 3,682 photos, 43 members
- 'Tis The $eason: Christmas Ads 1,566 photos, 294 members
- Not Real Horses 651 photos, 156 members
- WORLD OF ISLANDS 9,195 photos, 732 members
- Halloween Magic 2,993 photos, 190 members
- Halloween Town 2,252 photos, 309 members
- Dog Paper Collage Art 329 photos, 47 members
- Jiggery Pokery 326 photos, 20 members
- Just one more quarter, pleeeeeze ! 2,139 photos, 140 members
- Bahrain Experience 5,321 photos, 491 members
- Middle Eastern Postcards 813 photos, 70 members
- Horses, mules and donkeys on postcards 11,133 photos, 98 members
- Libya Flickr ♥ فلكر ليبيا 10,817 photos, 790 members
- Pepsi 259 photos, 38 members
- Literature Hoedown 3,347 photos, 774 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 115,454 photos, 4,365 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 1,902 photos, 708 members
- PAPER MOON GREETINGS 63 photos, 9 members
- Nature Bookclub 742 photos, 118 members
- Perú Travel & Living 22,915 photos, 768 members
- abandoned beauties throughout the world 5,060 photos, 871 members
- Decaying Details 1,252 photos, 75 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 115,379 photos, 8,246 members
- My Small Business 1,606 photos, 107 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 16,151 photos, 544 members
- Animals in Your Art 81,800 photos, 4,753 members
- Dogs at Christmas 6,046 photos, 1,373 members
- Plastic Fantastic Christmas! Vintage 453 photos, 44 members
- CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT... 3,554 photos, 339 members
- scifri/leafpile 486 photos, 76 members
- Vintage Holiday & Seasonal Decorating 605 photos, 48 members
- A touch of nostalgia! 1,411 photos, 56 members
- Halloween Crafts 5,312 photos, 807 members
- Bodegones en fotografía / Still lifes fotography 42,451 photos, 2,534 members
- kids love Darwin 499 photos, 77 members
- Tony Tony Chopper 80 photos, 9 members
- Freehand doodle patterns 1,625 photos, 1,028 members
- Burning Man Art Installations 2,417 photos, 205 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,426 photos, 426 members
- journal junk~ 31,020 photos, 1,948 members
- Autumn Whimsy 11,305 photos, 1,747 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 143,181 photos, 6,458 members
- Archetypes 7,769 photos, 665 members
- Ema : Japanese Votive Boards 511 photos, 27 members
- Objects & Art 1,388 photos, 42 members
- METAL HORSES 677 photos, 71 members
- Tiny Nature 321 photos, 50 members
"Calsidyrose has a wonderful eye
for fun and beauty and art
I am so glad she shares it us
I feel like I have always known her
Thank You. for being here Calsidyrose"
February 27th, 2010
"Um.. I don't even know you but your collection of images has me SWOOONING. Keep 'em coming! Your taste level is unsurpassed."
January 12th, 2010
- November 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- mixed media artist and junk collector
- We Don't Rent Puppies