I am always ready to share my images, but ask that you do not redistribute my images as your own for sale as collage image CDs or as stock images. If you want an image for a specific reason, just send me a Flickrmail. I have decided to set Creative Commons licenses on many more of my photographs so that you can use them on your blogs or websites. The license change applies primarily to photos as opposed to ephemera scans. I love seeing how you used my photographs, so leave me a link! Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
That said, I am a Cultural Tourist with eclectic Flickr interests.
I like stuff found in thrift stores, dogs, vintage illustrations, maps, ephemera of almost any kind, found objects, weird gardens, toy horses, mixed-media art, books (lots and lots of books!), geeky things, bad puns, old advertising, saints and shrines, Texas, Southeast Louisiana, cowboys, longhorns, backroads, roadside oddities, old signs, the desert, bayous and piney woods.
My interests include: reading, writing, making collages and assemblage art, thrift shopping, animal rescue, cultural investigations, thrift shopping, drawing, volunteering, and did I mention thrift shopping?
I was raised as oil brat, and married a guy in the oil business (how predictable). As a child, I lived in Venezuela, Libya (1971-73) and in Bahrain (1973-76). I spent my 20's through mid-30s in California (Huntington Beach, Hawthorne). My husband's job has taken us from California to Hawai'i, then Southeast Louisiana, and now to Texas. I like most climates, but prefer my snow on distant mountaintops or on postcards.
I'm an over-educated liberal arts major: I am a Phi Beta Kappa with a degree in Classical Civilization, Greek emphasis, and Comparative Literature, emphasis on critical theory. I know more useless facts than anyone really needs to know.
I'm more liberal than most of my neighbors. I live northeast of Houston in The Great State of Texas. I have two rescue dogs, countless books, too many boxes of ephemera and some of the best computer hardware around--if I don't own it, my Geek Boy son does! :)
I turned 50 in 2009, so I'm a "Baby Buster" or a "Generation Jones," with kids in high school and college My minivan mom days are nearing their end.
I love looking at other members' photos and scans of ephemera. Flickr has shown me that I'm not the only one who has clung to pretty illustrations, odd bits of advertising, labels from plastic toys and found photos and post cards!
I volunteer at my local Shelter and I blog about my experiences. Check out the link below, "We Don't Rent Puppies."
I'm thrilled to play a small part in the Flickr community--I'm impressed by the skills of the photographers, intrigued and inspired by the artists, and am amazed by the obsessiveness of some of the collectors!
Although my entries are sporadic, I have 2 blogs:
For Art & Collections:
For Animal Rescue:
Thanks for looking at my profile and enjoy my photostream!
Please leave a comment so I can look at your things, too. That's the best part of Flickr!
Photos of Calsidyrose (2)
- Texas Forest Trail Region: Culture and Heritage You'll Pine For 1,193 photos, 46 members
- American Railroad Post Cards 1,066 photos, 79 members
- Roadtrip Pioneers: Travel Before 1950 1,288 photos, 158 members
- Machinery Ephemera 3,425 photos, 42 members
- 'Tis The $eason: Christmas Ads 1,599 photos, 292 members
- Not Real Horses 624 photos, 154 members
- WORLD OF ISLANDS 7,847 photos, 615 members
- Halloween Magic 3,002 photos, 191 members
- Halloween Town 2,244 photos, 308 members
- Dog Paper Collage Art 315 photos, 45 members
- Jiggery Pokery 334 photos, 20 members
- Just one more quarter, pleeeeeze ! 1,966 photos, 137 members
- Bahrain Experience 5,317 photos, 487 members
- Middle Eastern Postcards 789 photos, 65 members
- Horses, mules and donkeys on postcards 11,067 photos, 95 members
- Libya Flickr ♥ فلكر ليبيا 10,749 photos, 786 members
- Pepsi 259 photos, 38 members
- Literature Hoedown 3,331 photos, 774 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 109,252 photos, 4,316 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 1,797 photos, 694 members
- PAPER MOON GREETINGS 63 photos, 9 members
- Nature Bookclub 719 photos, 116 members
- Perú Travel & Living 21,574 photos, 736 members
- abandoned beauties throughout the world 5,065 photos, 874 members
- Decaying Details 1,121 photos, 76 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 115,633 photos, 8,227 members
- My Small Business 1,528 photos, 96 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 15,580 photos, 537 members
- Animals in Your Art 80,696 photos, 4,738 members
- Dogs at Christmas 6,075 photos, 1,371 members
- Plastic Fantastic Christmas! Vintage 450 photos, 43 members
- CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT... 3,548 photos, 339 members
- scifri/leafpile 486 photos, 76 members
- Vintage Holiday & Seasonal Decorating 605 photos, 47 members
- A touch of nostalgia! 1,366 photos, 55 members
- Halloween Crafts 5,336 photos, 806 members
- Bodegones en fotografía / Still lifes fotography 41,540 photos, 2,501 members
- kids love Darwin 493 photos, 77 members
- Tony Tony Chopper 80 photos, 9 members
- Freehand doodle patterns 1,568 photos, 1,025 members
- Burning Man Art Installations 2,384 photos, 200 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,405 photos, 424 members
- journal junk~ 30,779 photos, 1,946 members
- Autumn Whimsy 11,255 photos, 1,742 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 139,567 photos, 6,417 members
- Archetypes 7,966 photos, 659 members
- Ema : Japanese Votive Boards 511 photos, 26 members
- Objects & Art 1,338 photos, 41 members
- METAL HORSES 658 photos, 67 members
- Tiny Nature 329 photos, 52 members
"Calsidyrose has a wonderful eye
for fun and beauty and art
I am so glad she shares it us
I feel like I have always known her
Thank You. for being here Calsidyrose"
February 27th, 2010
"Um.. I don't even know you but your collection of images has me SWOOONING. Keep 'em coming! Your taste level is unsurpassed."
January 12th, 2010
- November 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- mixed media artist and junk collector
- We Don't Rent Puppies