I am always ready to share my images, but ask that you do not redistribute my images as your own for sale as collage image CDs or as stock images. If you want an image for a specific reason, just send me a Flickrmail. I have decided to set Creative Commons licenses on many more of my photographs so that you can use them on your blogs or websites. The license change applies primarily to photos as opposed to ephemera scans. I love seeing how you used my photographs, so leave me a link! Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
That said, I am a Cultural Tourist with eclectic Flickr interests.
I like stuff found in thrift stores, dogs, vintage illustrations, maps, ephemera of almost any kind, found objects, weird gardens, toy horses, mixed-media art, books (lots and lots of books!), geeky things, bad puns, old advertising, saints and shrines, Texas, Southeast Louisiana, cowboys, longhorns, backroads, roadside oddities, old signs, the desert, bayous and piney woods.
My interests include: reading, writing, making collages and assemblage art, thrift shopping, animal rescue, cultural investigations, thrift shopping, drawing, volunteering, and did I mention thrift shopping?
I was raised as oil brat, and married a guy in the oil business (how predictable). As a child, I lived in Venezuela, Libya (1971-73) and in Bahrain (1973-76). I spent my 20's through mid-30s in California (Huntington Beach, Hawthorne). My husband's job has taken us from California to Hawai'i, then Southeast Louisiana, and now to Texas. I like most climates, but prefer my snow on distant mountaintops or on postcards.
I'm an over-educated liberal arts major: I am a Phi Beta Kappa with a degree in Classical Civilization, Greek emphasis, and Comparative Literature, emphasis on critical theory. I know more useless facts than anyone really needs to know.
I'm more liberal than most of my neighbors. I live northeast of Houston in The Great State of Texas. I have two rescue dogs, countless books, too many boxes of ephemera and some of the best computer hardware around--if I don't own it, my Geek Boy son does! :)
I turned 50 in 2009, so I'm a "Baby Buster" or a "Generation Jones," with kids in high school and college My minivan mom days are nearing their end.
I love looking at other members' photos and scans of ephemera. Flickr has shown me that I'm not the only one who has clung to pretty illustrations, odd bits of advertising, labels from plastic toys and found photos and post cards!
I volunteer at my local Shelter and I blog about my experiences. Check out the link below, "We Don't Rent Puppies."
I'm thrilled to play a small part in the Flickr community--I'm impressed by the skills of the photographers, intrigued and inspired by the artists, and am amazed by the obsessiveness of some of the collectors!
Although my entries are sporadic, I have 2 blogs:
For Art & Collections:
For Animal Rescue:
Thanks for looking at my profile and enjoy my photostream!
Please leave a comment so I can look at your things, too. That's the best part of Flickr!
Photos of Calsidyrose (2)
- Texas Forest Trail Region: Culture and Heritage You'll Pine For 1,191 photos, 46 members
- American Railroad Post Cards 999 photos, 79 members
- Roadtrip Pioneers: Travel Before 1950 1,287 photos, 153 members
- Machinery Ephemera 3,354 photos, 41 members
- 'Tis The $eason: Christmas Ads 1,599 photos, 285 members
- Not Real Horses 615 photos, 153 members
- A PACIFIC ISLES 5,892 photos, 423 members
- Halloween Magic 3,020 photos, 190 members
- Halloween Town 2,219 photos, 306 members
- Dog Paper Collage Art 310 photos, 45 members
- Jiggery Pokery 356 photos, 23 members
- Just one more quarter, pleeeeeze ! 1,858 photos, 134 members
- Bahrain Experience 5,288 photos, 486 members
- Middle Eastern Postcards 776 photos, 62 members
- Horses, mules and donkeys on postcards 10,998 photos, 93 members
- Libya Flickr ♥ فلكر ليبيا 10,723 photos, 785 members
- Pepsi 259 photos, 38 members
- Literature Hoedown 3,268 photos, 776 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 103,882 photos, 4,271 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 1,685 photos, 680 members
- PAPER MOON GREETINGS 63 photos, 9 members
- Nature Bookclub 716 photos, 117 members
- Perú Travel & Living 20,078 photos, 710 members
- abandoned beauties throughout the world 5,069 photos, 873 members
- Decaying Details 969 photos, 72 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 116,145 photos, 8,209 members
- My Small Business 1,463 photos, 92 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 15,088 photos, 536 members
- Animals in Your Art 79,997 photos, 4,713 members
- Dogs at Christmas 6,022 photos, 1,366 members
- Plastic Fantastic Christmas! Vintage 429 photos, 43 members
- CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT... 3,305 photos, 322 members
- scifri/leafpile 486 photos, 76 members
- Vintage Holiday & Seasonal Decorating 585 photos, 47 members
- A touch of nostalgia! 1,311 photos, 54 members
- Halloween Crafts 5,337 photos, 803 members
- Bodegones en fotografía / Still lifes fotography 40,753 photos, 2,462 members
- kids love Darwin 500 photos, 77 members
- Tony Tony Chopper 80 photos, 9 members
- Freehand doodle patterns 1,558 photos, 1,025 members
- Burning Man Art Installations 2,349 photos, 198 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,394 photos, 424 members
- journal junk~ 30,653 photos, 1,940 members
- Autumn Whimsy 11,008 photos, 1,720 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 130,795 photos, 6,387 members
- Archetypes 7,874 photos, 655 members
- Ema : Japanese Votive Boards 506 photos, 25 members
- Objects & Art 1,298 photos, 40 members
- METAL HORSES 657 photos, 64 members
- Tiny Nature 332 photos, 53 members
"Calsidyrose has a wonderful eye
for fun and beauty and art
I am so glad she shares it us
I feel like I have always known her
Thank You. for being here Calsidyrose"
February 27th, 2010
"Um.. I don't even know you but your collection of images has me SWOOONING. Keep 'em coming! Your taste level is unsurpassed."
January 12th, 2010
- November 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- mixed media artist and junk collector
- We Don't Rent Puppies