I am always ready to share my images, but ask that you do not redistribute my images as your own for sale as collage image CDs or as stock images. If you want an image for a specific reason, just send me a Flickrmail. I have decided to set Creative Commons licenses on many more of my photographs so that you can use them on your blogs or websites. The license change applies primarily to photos as opposed to ephemera scans. I love seeing how you used my photographs, so leave me a link! Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
That said, I am a Cultural Tourist with eclectic Flickr interests.
I like stuff found in thrift stores, dogs, vintage illustrations, maps, ephemera of almost any kind, found objects, weird gardens, toy horses, mixed-media art, books (lots and lots of books!), geeky things, bad puns, old advertising, saints and shrines, Texas, Southeast Louisiana, cowboys, longhorns, backroads, roadside oddities, old signs, the desert, bayous and piney woods.
My interests include: reading, writing, making collages and assemblage art, thrift shopping, animal rescue, cultural investigations, thrift shopping, drawing, volunteering, and did I mention thrift shopping?
I was raised as oil brat, and married a guy in the oil business (how predictable). As a child, I lived in Venezuela, Libya (1971-73) and in Bahrain (1973-76). I spent my 20's through mid-30s in California (Huntington Beach, Hawthorne). My husband's job has taken us from California to Hawai'i, then Southeast Louisiana, and now to Texas. I like most climates, but prefer my snow on distant mountaintops or on postcards.
I'm an over-educated liberal arts major: I am a Phi Beta Kappa with a degree in Classical Civilization, Greek emphasis, and Comparative Literature, emphasis on critical theory. I know more useless facts than anyone really needs to know.
I'm more liberal than most of my neighbors. I live northeast of Houston in The Great State of Texas. I have two rescue dogs, countless books, too many boxes of ephemera and some of the best computer hardware around--if I don't own it, my Geek Boy son does! :)
I turned 50 in 2009, so I'm a "Baby Buster" or a "Generation Jones," with kids in high school and college My minivan mom days are nearing their end.
I love looking at other members' photos and scans of ephemera. Flickr has shown me that I'm not the only one who has clung to pretty illustrations, odd bits of advertising, labels from plastic toys and found photos and post cards!
I volunteer at my local Shelter and I blog about my experiences. Check out the link below, "We Don't Rent Puppies."
I'm thrilled to play a small part in the Flickr community--I'm impressed by the skills of the photographers, intrigued and inspired by the artists, and am amazed by the obsessiveness of some of the collectors!
Although my entries are sporadic, I have 2 blogs:
For Art & Collections:
For Animal Rescue:
Thanks for looking at my profile and enjoy my photostream!
Please leave a comment so I can look at your things, too. That's the best part of Flickr!
Photos of Calsidyrose (2)
- Texas Forest Trail Region: Culture and Heritage You'll Pine For 1,177 photos, 44 members
- American Railroad Post Cards 950 photos, 79 members
- Roadtrip Pioneers: Travel Before 1950 1,262 photos, 147 members
- Machinery Ephemera 3,235 photos, 35 members
- 'Tis The $eason: Christmas Ads 1,735 photos, 276 members
- Not Real Horses 585 photos, 153 members
- A PACIFIC ISLES 5,047 photos, 420 members
- Halloween Magic 2,867 photos, 179 members
- Halloween Town 2,078 photos, 298 members
- Dog Paper Collage Art 276 photos, 41 members
- Jiggery Pokery 349 photos, 24 members
- Just one more quarter, pleeeeeze ! 2,408 photos, 130 members
- Bahrain Experience 5,241 photos, 481 members
- Middle Eastern Postcards 771 photos, 61 members
- Horses, mules and donkeys on postcards 10,845 photos, 91 members
- Libya Flickr ♥ فلكر ليبيا 10,654 photos, 780 members
- Pepsi 258 photos, 38 members
- Literature Hoedown 3,215 photos, 774 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 94,830 photos, 4,224 members
- ★ Globes, Maps and Flags ★ 1,503 photos, 672 members
- PAPER MOON GREETINGS 63 photos, 9 members
- Nature Bookclub 697 photos, 115 members
- Perú Travel & Living 18,828 photos, 662 members
- abandoned beauties throughout the world 5,072 photos, 872 members
- Decaying Details 752 photos, 61 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 116,343 photos, 8,154 members
- My Small Business 1,350 photos, 88 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 14,465 photos, 535 members
- Animals in Your Art 78,921 photos, 4,702 members
- Dogs at Christmas 6,064 photos, 1,358 members
- Plastic Fantastic Christmas! Vintage 426 photos, 44 members
- CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT... 3,233 photos, 314 members
- scifri/leafpile 486 photos, 76 members
- Vintage Holiday & Seasonal Decorating 566 photos, 49 members
- A touch of nostalgia! 1,293 photos, 54 members
- Halloween Crafts 5,226 photos, 789 members
- Bodegones en fotografía / Still lifes fotography 39,829 photos, 2,412 members
- kids love Darwin 496 photos, 78 members
- Tony Tony Chopper 80 photos, 9 members
- Freehand doodle patterns 1,543 photos, 1,017 members
- Burning Man Art Installations 2,327 photos, 194 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,370 photos, 423 members
- journal junk~ 30,262 photos, 1,927 members
- Autumn Whimsy 9,915 photos, 1,549 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 123,732 photos, 6,304 members
- Archetypes 7,730 photos, 647 members
- Ema : Japanese Votive Boards 486 photos, 24 members
- Objects & Art 1,203 photos, 39 members
- METAL HORSES 642 photos, 64 members
- Tiny Nature 338 photos, 52 members
"Calsidyrose has a wonderful eye
for fun and beauty and art
I am so glad she shares it us
I feel like I have always known her
Thank You. for being here Calsidyrose"
February 27th, 2010
"Um.. I don't even know you but your collection of images has me SWOOONING. Keep 'em coming! Your taste level is unsurpassed."
January 12th, 2010
- November 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- mixed media artist and junk collector
- We Don't Rent Puppies