My first shot on Explore - it's still very special to me. And, with all the photoshop stuff I've learned since this shot, there's not a thing I'd change. Just goes to show. PS ain't everything.
This image from Coloma, California won 3rd Price in Costco's 2008 International Photo Competition (with 21,000 entries):
This shot won me four tickets to a sunset cruise on the San Francisco Bay with the Red & White Fleet:
My shot from Bodie made the 2011 Bodie calendar - I'm honored:
Click on the logo above to join NAPP - a great organization with lots of teaching resources. I love them.
visited 28 states (56%)Create your own visited map of The United States
You can also find me on facebook
Just joined 500 px
The Bush Adventures
Hot Flash Photography
Copper Canyon, Mexico
I guess it's time I update my info as it's been years since I started on flickr. When it comes to photography I have three loves: nature, landscape, and HDR and sometimes the three do meet. However, I do not turn my birds into HDR, wouldn't dream of it. The birds and animals are sacred when it comes to that, tempting though it might be :-).
I dream photography, I read photography, I study everything in sight just to get better and understand the process. My camera goes where I go, and I spend hours in front of my computer studying the masters and try to learn from the many wonderful photographers who chose to share their knowledge for which I'm eternally grateful. Thank you so much for dropping by and for leaving me a note. I am very bad at reciprocating as there are other priorities in my life, like keeping my husband happy, but I do appreciate any feedback I get.
Today (August 27, 2008) I read the most enlightened and inspirational blog entry about photography. If you read this please check out www.scottkelby.com/blog/2008/archives/1889
Plan your tripLocal RadarDetailed Forecast
Photos of Hot Flash Photography (6)
- Zion National Park Photos 4,953 photos, 902 members
- Denmark 72,050 photos, 4,219 members
- SONY ILCE-6000 79,572 photos, 4,747 members
- Sony Alpha 6000 63,276 photos, 3,852 members
- Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk 2014 20,386 photos, 3,633 members
- #SFflickrmeetup - San Francisco Flickr Meetups 4,928 photos, 319 members
- Birding World 97,431 photos, 1,036 members
- The Monthly Bird Photo Contest 14,380 photos, 282 members
- Wild Birds of North America 58,160 photos, 907 members
- Birding at Home 14,391 photos, 215 members
- Triggertrap 4,253 photos, 2,335 members
- Granada 85,385 photos, 4,134 members
- Shape Collage 924 photos, 1,139 members
- Auburn California 67 photos, 19 members
- Canon EOS 7D Users Group 202,722 photos, 5,445 members
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM 253,907 photos, 12,426 members
- Canon EOS 7D Owners 461,429 photos, 10,668 members
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM 108,529 photos, 7,435 members
- Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical IF MC / Fish-eye fan 27,690 photos, 2,896 members
- ~Passage to Beauty ~High Quality Photography ~ No People 55,233 photos, 2,607 members
- SNS-HDR 3,425 photos, 199 members
- HDR One Magazine 65,771 photos, 1,805 members
- Gadling 33,307 photos, 1,708 members
- Croporamas 1,175 photos, 259 members
- Northern California Photographers 91,573 photos, 2,177 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 116,188 photos, 6,549 members
- HDR 986,580 photos, 92,646 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,034 photos, 1,821 members
- The California Missions- Spanish Influence 143 photos, 5 members
- Places I Have Been 116 photos, 22 members
- Rural American West 41,121 photos, 937 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 293,991 photos, 29,156 members
- Sevilla 47,574 photos, 3,344 members
- Cordoba 7,237 photos, 526 members
- " Málaga Sun Coast.. " 8,491 photos, 537 members
- For Garnite! 570 photos, 136 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,245 photos, 2,325 members
- BorrowLenses.com 3,361 photos, 521 members
- SF Bay Area Photography Group 115 photos, 13 members
- iHDR 2,466 photos, 206 members
- Beautiful California 121,369 photos, 3,608 members
- San Francisco 262,399 photos, 15,405 members
- California HDR 2,078 photos, 154 members
- Canon 7D - All Models 429,596 photos, 10,645 members
- in loving memory of imapix 131 photos, 147 members
- Photomatix 466,058 photos, 20,419 members
- Lightroom Competition 95 photos, 83 members
- The Nature Conservancy 877,623 photos, 39,827 members
- Adobe Photowalk 533 photos, 116 members
- TIO's "Seal of Approval" (Invited Images Only) 7,689 photos, 818 members
Kris Kros says:
"Marianne is one of my favorite friends on flickr. I just love her devotion and dedication to her art and photography."
November 19th, 2009
"Marianne is a role model for me. A lady, a great woman, an excellent photographer....She is a winner, when is facing a difficulty she goes to fight, she seeks the victory with faith and energy. Your attitude facing a sickness in her family is great, an example for us. I feel in Marianne a truly friend and it's an honour to have her friendship, a pleasure to see her photos, EXCELLENT photos, where the versatility is her trademark. Marianne has fabulous landscapes... and great macros, so nice bird! Talented girl! One inspiration on Flickr, a lighting mind and a lovely friend. Let's be frank, she is an intelligent brain sharing her photos on Flickr. She is a happy person and I just love my dear Marianne. One day I will go to California, so I will meet this great photographer. Now, a lot of hugs my lady!
Helena, June 18th, 2009."
June 19th, 2009
"My good friend , fine friend for long. Marianne you are among the people I hold in high regard. One for your work. Your knack of capturing the antics of the birds is second to none - I just gape at them. Variety is the essence on your stream my dear. Two for your friendship. Thanks for your visits and inspiring comments"
May 15th, 2009
Gypsy Flores Photography says:
"Not only is she one fantastic person who is absolutely one of the most fun and informative people to go on a photo safari with; but her photography is some of the best around--ANYWHERE. She deserves every award that she wins for it as she is not only very talented but very passionate and hard-working. She is one of my inspirations and when I grow up I want to be like her."
January 4th, 2009
"Marianne is one of the most amazing photographers I've gotten to know on Flickr. I've watched her work grow, change, and evolve over time and every time I think she's posted her best work yet, she blows me away with another masterpiece of nature. Please take the time to browse her photostream; you won't be disappointed. On a more personal note, I find her warm, friendly, and forever helpful. I'm truly lucky to call her friend."
October 22nd, 2008
Fraggle Red says:
"Marianne is an outstanding photographer and artist. No matter what her subject, be it wildlife, landscapes or cityscapes, she puts her own imprint on these, making them even more interesting and eye-catching. She has her own unique style of processing her images which just leaves me speechless and in awe. Words really can’t do her work justice; if you know her you know what I mean, if you shouldn’t have seen her work, I urge you to go and have a look NOW. I promise you, you won’t regret it and you will be coming back. I certainly can’t wait to see more of your wonderful work, Marianne. Thanks you for sharing it with us all."
August 30th, 2008
"Marianne is a photographer that keeps amazing me with her wide variety of subjects. She always knows how to grab my attention with those great quality photos. They are very refreshing."
August 18th, 2008
It has been a year of knowing you and enjoying your work here at Flickr.
You can create a landscape to blow our imagination,
you can capture a flower that melts the hearts,
and you can give us the wildlife with creativity.
It’s has certainly been my pleasure dear friend !"
November 14th, 2007
A Sutanto says:
"I took had the pleasure of meeting Marianne in person. I truly admire her talents in making great capture as well as processing and editing her images into a one of a kind master piece. I can honestly say I have been and will continue to be inspired by her work."
October 22nd, 2007
Christopher Chan says:
"I recently had the pleasure of meeting in person, this wonderful San Francisco-based photographer, even though I lived half way around the world in Sydney. Marianne's infectious enthusiasm for photography and her bright outlook makes her an ideal photo buddy and friend. Not to mention the fact that she is an extremely talented photographer."
October 2nd, 2007
"Marianne is a very talented photographer. Wether her subject be a street musician in the city or a bird on a nieghbours roof, she has an uncanny ability of capturing thier mood and character. Her post prossesing is remarkable and floral shots superb. I am very glad to have met her as a photographer and contact. Thanks Marianne, your a pleasure : )"
December 26th, 2006
- May 2005
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- I am:
- Female and Taken