I like to shoot people.
I still shoot film.
I like old cameras, a bit of an anachronist.
Still learning, still having fun.
I started a few groups which you may want to check out or join:
Kodak Medalist Pics
Film in my Fridge
Yonge & Dundas
And I co-admin Canadian St.
- Velo-Orange 1,884 photos, 357 members
- Porteurs 630 photos, 145 members
- Eater Vegas Flickr Pool 190 photos, 18 members
- Cycle With The Grain 57 photos, 13 members
- Toronto Tweed Ride 257 photos, 26 members
- Panda portraits 7,896 photos, 971 members
- ROMA STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 5,368 photos, 851 members
- The Universal Sigh 633 photos, 374 members
- Stay Goldin 900 photos, 398 members
- Club Tessar 7,290 photos, 517 members
- Stupid Big Cameras 2,125 photos, 229 members
- Graflex SLR 596 photos, 96 members
- *Box Reflex 123 photos, 25 members
- Bicycle Belles 18,295 photos, 1,055 members
- BikingToronto Style 333 photos, 21 members
- Alec Soth's "From Here To There" Flickr Project 2,808 photos, 1,161 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2010 571 photos, 75 members
- The Drake Hotel: Toronto, Canada 3,056 photos, 535 members
- Montreal OSHEAGA 194 photos, 54 members
- Passportrait 449 photos, 157 members
- why I love Medium Format 5,616 photos, 192 members
- girls on film 8,482 photos, 663 members
- Toronto: Under Construction 368 photos, 46 members
- Streetshots from Cuba 2,034 photos, 126 members
- Havana / La Habana 22,997 photos, 1,487 members
- Female portraits by a window 1,400 photos, 380 members
- Club Sonnar 2,555 photos, 144 members
- Lyric Documentary 7,989 photos, 676 members
- Strolling the night with Leica 4,362 photos, 286 members
- Eating in Toronto [Name of Restaurant Required/1 photo per resta 349 photos, 76 members
- Toronto Large Format photography 436 photos, 51 members
- Ilford XP2 400 14,051 photos, 1,466 members
- Snapshot Aesthetic. 5,787 photos, 301 members
- Polaroid 4x5 Sheet Film 1,455 photos, 269 members
- pinhOle pOrtraits :¬) 299 photos, 54 members
- Large Format Portrait 5,852 photos, 1,011 members
- LeicaShots 9,622 photos, 185 members
- Coffeehouse 4,714 photos, 397 members
- espresso 5,197 photos, 1,044 members
- Coffee Shops 8,000 photos, 1,483 members
- Leslieville and Broadview Village 359 photos, 22 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,201 photos, 2,275 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,454 photos, 1,646 members
- Fuji g617 users 473 photos, 150 members
- Ultron 28mm F1.9 1,139 photos, 64 members
- Street Cliche 4,780 photos, 364 members
- Street Silver 151 photos, 158 members
- Cosina Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35/1.4 23,424 photos, 1,358 members
- Documentary Portraiture 17,448 photos, 1,730 members
- Dedicated to Diane Arbus 11,963 photos, 976 members
Kevin Steele says:
"Being friends with Jonah helps you feel connected to so many people. He gets around. ¶ I enjoy his photographic journey. The constraints of film work well for him."
3rd February, 2008
"Jonah has a demonstrated gift in his ability to capture powerful images regardless of the medium; film or digital is the same to him. Of special note is the... at times _quirky_ aspect of his images. Of the dozens of photographers whose work I follow, Jonah's work stands apart, and is readily identifiable by a single glance."
14th November, 2007
"film guru, nuff said ..... dose that count as a testimonials ?"
30th August, 2007
Andrew Alexander says:
"I really enjoy Jonah's take on the world. He is equal parts skeptic and optimist, and just about one of the nicest guys I know. The best part is in the midst of that friendly veneer is a keen eye. The walls of his condo are adorned with some of the nicest photographs - and they're all taken by him. He's got a nice grasp of cross-processing, which still mystifies me - where some people would dismiss it as an interesting idea, but one that takes too much of one's time, Jonah tackles it head on and gets fabulous results."
19th July, 2006
"You can't really tell from the photos, but Burlap Jacket has a siamese twin. They're both really nice people, and I wanted to write a testimonial about burlap, but it's hard to exclude Jebodiah."
22nd January, 2006
- February 2005
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Burlap Jacket