I'm not great with words...that is why I use a camera to visually express myself. Here goes nothing.
I have always loved photography, but never understood what it meant to me until my daughter was born. A quick look through my photostream and you should be able to pick her out. My family is the most important thing to me, they are my models, inspiration, and reason! That's why I started and now I look for anything that moves me.
I enjoy movies and music, and the feelings they conjure up. I love trying to recreate a moment or being inspired to try something different. Capturing a scene that says more than just the moment is my goal.
I am currently working on a bachelors in photography in Chicago, I never thought I would end up back in school...but I wouldn't change it for anything. I hope to work towards a MFA in photography from UIC.
I appreciate everyone taking the time to look, comment, invite, and fav all my images. I could never put into words my gratitude when I receive a compliment. If you add me as a contact I will return the favor.
I look forward to allowing everyone a chance to see it through my lens.
Photos of Bryan Jaronik (9)
- Stop playing with your food! 7,155 photos, 1,138 members
- Detroit Everyday 25,129 photos, 869 members
- Chicago Area Photowalks 5,329 photos, 347 members
- Urban Exploration - Exploring Abandonments 255,992 photos, 10,872 members
- Photography Critique 4,633 photos, 14,916 members
- flickr in full color 718,881 photos, 14,767 members
- Abandoned 920,976 photos, 65,914 members
- Urban Decay 430,589 photos, 32,408 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 285,438 photos, 11,001 members
- Get noticed 341,289 photos, 7,094 members
- TalkUrbex.com 115,464 photos, 2,100 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 410,218 photos, 14,441 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,579,219 photos, 97,915 members
- Time Out Chicago Photo Group 66,810 photos, 1,383 members
- Flickr Social Club 1,182,218 photos, 35,831 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 766,829 photos, 33,232 members
- Magic Moments 1,161,166 photos, 40,072 members
- Cinematic Photography 211,965 photos, 8,290 members
- Comment on my Stream 24,333 photos, 2,404 members
- Identity & self portraits 169,126 photos, 12,084 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 36,995 photos, 4,630 members
- Art-Pix 129,403 photos, 4,933 members
- Out of Chicago 9,107 photos, 376 members
- Nikon flickr Award: Gold 5+ (Post 1 award 5) 7,632 photos, 4,192 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 842,636 photos, 22,922 members
- Black and White 6,694,263 photos, 329,742 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 321,605 photos, 22,128 members
- Project Weather 616,356 photos, 88,558 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,467,131 photos, 27,061 members
- Chicagoist Photos 215,796 photos, 3,238 members
- Chicago Reader 199,952 photos, 4,295 members
- Reflections 622,866 photos, 50,959 members
- Cinematic Moments. 639,518 photos, 23,213 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 780,570 photos, 29,869 members
- Chicagoland 60,164 photos, 959 members
- Chicago Architecture 43,383 photos, 2,766 members
- You Think this is Art 1,562,253 photos, 66,364 members
- Cloud Junkie 384,661 photos, 39,436 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Mondays *OPEN* 3,902,873 photos, 109,908 members
- Chicago Photography 56,161 photos, 2,231 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 596,522 photos, 39,699 members
- Chicago... 141,677 photos, 8,675 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,616,492 photos, 101,888 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 851,878 photos, 26,952 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 401,831 photos, 12,063 members
- B+W 633,114 photos, 21,092 members
- LIVE MUSIC 521,692 photos, 28,439 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,798,490 photos, 96,354 members
- Flickritis: Where 45,415people are still happily infected! 4,150,038 photos, 62,585 members
- CLICK the CAMERA 645,239 photos, 10,399 members
"Bryan has been a contact of mine for a while now and I have to say he is the most consistant, entairtaining and inspiring of anyone I have met on Flickr.
His style is immediately apparant; a cityscape largely devoid of people, lights in the distance that hint of the lives being lived that we'll never know, magnificent structures of steel and brick, all delivered in a way that is familiar but yet ever-evolving. He documents the minutae of life in Chicago too, small details, little things. His larger compositions increase the personality of the cityscape he documents, giving Chicago its own voice.
Always interesting. Always shot with technical poise and creativity.
More than this he is a geniunely nice person, always ready to view your work and offer praise or advice, he inspires many people with his work and I am glad that I get see life through Bryan's lens."
April 20th, 2012
pretty in pixels says:
"Through Bryan's work I feel as if I have an intimate, street level understanding of the city which he inhabits and photographs, what is particularly interesting in Bryan's work is strong composition in every shot, frequent use of symmetry and reflection. Each image feels as if it's part of a puzzle, and by piecing them all together one can take a virtual tour through Chicago and as Bruce Gilden would say, 'smell the street'
Take a stroll through Bryan's stream and you will encounter his consistently cinematic and slightly purple vision of a Chicago devoid of people and stripped down to steel frames, concrete blocks and shadow plays, delve a little deeper and you will find the greatest photo of the bean that I have seen on flickr or otherwise.
As well as being a superb photographer, it is an privilege to consider Bryan a friend, as his helpful, critical, and supportive comments keep me going as a photographer."
February 14th, 2012
"Bryan's work is such a pleasure to look at. He has a keen eye for composition and style, two elements that are consistent hallmarks of his photographic work. In particular, Bryan's photos of Chicago architecture are unique and genuine. You can tell he loves his city, and he often uses it as the focus and backdrop of his work. Throughout the breadth of photographic styles Bryan practices (family portrait, urban life, and landscapes to name a few), the engagement Bryan has with his subject is evident, and allows him to consistently create interesting, pleasing and compelling images.
Besides being an eager and valuable contributor to the Flickr community, Bryan is a student, a family man and an excellent photographer. I encourage everyone to look through his photostream and see the world through his lens. You won't be disappointed."
January 15th, 2012
- Bryan Jaronik
- February 2010
- Granger, IN
- Chicago, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- See It Through My Lens