I'm not great with words...that is why I use a camera to visually express myself. Here goes nothing.
I have always loved photography, but never understood what it meant to me until my daughter was born. A quick look through my photostream and you should be able to pick her out. My family is the most important thing to me, they are my models, inspiration, and reason! That's why I started and now I look for anything that moves me.
I enjoy movies and music, and the feelings they conjure up. I love trying to recreate a moment or being inspired to try something different. Capturing a scene that says more than just the moment is my goal.
I am currently working on a bachelors in photography in Chicago, I never thought I would end up back in school...but I wouldn't change it for anything. I hope to work towards a MFA in photography from UIC.
I appreciate everyone taking the time to look, comment, invite, and fav all my images. I could never put into words my gratitude when I receive a compliment. If you add me as a contact I will return the favor.
I look forward to allowing everyone a chance to see it through my lens.
Photos of Bryan Jaronik (9)
- Stop playing with your food! 8,396 photos, 1,160 members
- Detroit Everyday 28,004 photos, 920 members
- Chicago Area Photowalks 6,089 photos, 369 members
- Urban Exploration - Exploring Abandonments 301,124 photos, 11,798 members
- Photography Critique 5,055 photos, 16,077 members
- flickr in full color 1,048,763 photos, 17,565 members
- Abandoned 1,066,025 photos, 74,484 members
- Urban Decay 480,149 photos, 33,701 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 336,550 photos, 11,897 members
- Get noticed 453,281 photos, 7,749 members
- TalkUrbex.com 143,184 photos, 2,297 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 550,100 photos, 15,694 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,092,154 photos, 108,840 members
- Time Out Chicago Photo Group 72,796 photos, 1,430 members
- Flickr Social Club 1,502,089 photos, 38,027 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 808,217 photos, 33,736 members
- Magic Moments 1,775,848 photos, 52,814 members
- Cinematic Photography 260,937 photos, 9,120 members
- Comment on my Stream 24,065 photos, 2,377 members
- Identity & self portraits 178,641 photos, 12,249 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 36,547 photos, 4,581 members
- Art-Pix 152,784 photos, 5,884 members
- Out of Chicago 13,121 photos, 465 members
- Nikon flickr Award: Gold 5+ (Post 1 award 5) 7,445 photos, 4,278 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 1,028,206 photos, 25,679 members
- Black and White 6,859,062 photos, 351,447 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 371,400 photos, 24,730 members
- Project Weather 640,716 photos, 94,080 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,676,162 photos, 28,295 members
- Chicagoist Photos 224,758 photos, 3,298 members
- Chicago Reader 210,940 photos, 4,391 members
- Reflections 687,800 photos, 54,461 members
- Cinematic Moments. 759,906 photos, 25,820 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 900,023 photos, 31,490 members
- Chicagoland 66,820 photos, 990 members
- Chicago Architecture 49,933 photos, 3,070 members
- You Think this is Art 1,834,539 photos, 70,764 members
- Cloud Junkie 475,573 photos, 46,624 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Street Photography *OPEN* 4,332,816 photos, 117,226 members
- Chicago Photography 56,887 photos, 2,337 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 673,088 photos, 42,140 members
- Chicago... 153,255 photos, 8,936 members
- Beautiful Capture 4,614,913 photos, 113,323 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,138,930 photos, 30,716 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 455,348 photos, 13,017 members
- B+W 836,640 photos, 25,147 members
- LIVE MUSIC 548,140 photos, 28,986 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,970,091 photos, 95,997 members
- Flickritis: Where 71,814 people are still happily infected! 5,690,233 photos, 74,339 members
- CLICK the CAMERA 839,120 photos, 11,701 members
"Bryan has been a contact of mine for a while now and I have to say he is the most consistant, entairtaining and inspiring of anyone I have met on Flickr.
His style is immediately apparant; a cityscape largely devoid of people, lights in the distance that hint of the lives being lived that we'll never know, magnificent structures of steel and brick, all delivered in a way that is familiar but yet ever-evolving. He documents the minutae of life in Chicago too, small details, little things. His larger compositions increase the personality of the cityscape he documents, giving Chicago its own voice.
Always interesting. Always shot with technical poise and creativity.
More than this he is a geniunely nice person, always ready to view your work and offer praise or advice, he inspires many people with his work and I am glad that I get see life through Bryan's lens."
April 20th, 2012
pretty in pixels says:
"Through Bryan's work I feel as if I have an intimate, street level understanding of the city which he inhabits and photographs, what is particularly interesting in Bryan's work is strong composition in every shot, frequent use of symmetry and reflection. Each image feels as if it's part of a puzzle, and by piecing them all together one can take a virtual tour through Chicago and as Bruce Gilden would say, 'smell the street'
Take a stroll through Bryan's stream and you will encounter his consistently cinematic and slightly purple vision of a Chicago devoid of people and stripped down to steel frames, concrete blocks and shadow plays, delve a little deeper and you will find the greatest photo of the bean that I have seen on flickr or otherwise.
As well as being a superb photographer, it is an privilege to consider Bryan a friend, as his helpful, critical, and supportive comments keep me going as a photographer."
February 14th, 2012
"Bryan's work is such a pleasure to look at. He has a keen eye for composition and style, two elements that are consistent hallmarks of his photographic work. In particular, Bryan's photos of Chicago architecture are unique and genuine. You can tell he loves his city, and he often uses it as the focus and backdrop of his work. Throughout the breadth of photographic styles Bryan practices (family portrait, urban life, and landscapes to name a few), the engagement Bryan has with his subject is evident, and allows him to consistently create interesting, pleasing and compelling images.
Besides being an eager and valuable contributor to the Flickr community, Bryan is a student, a family man and an excellent photographer. I encourage everyone to look through his photostream and see the world through his lens. You won't be disappointed."
January 15th, 2012
- Bryan Jaronik
- February 2010
- Granger, IN
- Chicago, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- See It Through My Lens