I'm not great with words...that is why I use a camera to visually express myself. Here goes nothing.
I have always loved photography, but never understood what it meant to me until my daughter was born. A quick look through my photostream and you should be able to pick her out. My family is the most important thing to me, they are my models, inspiration, and reason! That's why I started and now I look for anything that moves me.
I enjoy movies and music, and the feelings they conjure up. I love trying to recreate a moment or being inspired to try something different. Capturing a scene that says more than just the moment is my goal.
I am currently working on a bachelors in photography in Chicago, I never thought I would end up back in school...but I wouldn't change it for anything. I hope to work towards a MFA in photography from UIC.
I appreciate everyone taking the time to look, comment, invite, and fav all my images. I could never put into words my gratitude when I receive a compliment. If you add me as a contact I will return the favor.
I look forward to allowing everyone a chance to see it through my lens.
Photos of Bryan Jaronik (9)
- Stop playing with your food! 7,427 photos, 1,143 members
- Detroit Everyday 25,460 photos, 872 members
- Chicago Area Photowalks 5,452 photos, 350 members
- Urban Exploration - Exploring Abandonments 262,367 photos, 11,005 members
- Photography Critique 4,700 photos, 15,003 members
- flickr in full color 751,906 photos, 15,154 members
- Abandoned 941,316 photos, 67,326 members
- Urban Decay 437,031 photos, 32,596 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 292,649 photos, 11,139 members
- Get noticed 354,376 photos, 7,208 members
- TalkUrbex.com 119,072 photos, 2,142 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 428,692 photos, 14,659 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,768,907 photos, 99,376 members
- Time Out Chicago Photo Group 67,689 photos, 1,390 members
- Flickr Social Club 1,227,127 photos, 36,276 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 771,781 photos, 33,296 members
- Magic Moments 1,231,167 photos, 42,081 members
- Cinematic Photography 217,369 photos, 8,394 members
- Comment on my Stream 24,335 photos, 2,401 members
- Identity & self portraits 170,816 photos, 12,109 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 36,981 photos, 4,626 members
- Art-Pix 133,834 photos, 5,167 members
- Out of Chicago 9,749 photos, 385 members
- Nikon flickr Award: Gold 5+ (Post 1 award 5) 7,609 photos, 4,213 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 864,898 photos, 23,358 members
- Black and White 6,771,251 photos, 333,540 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 326,930 photos, 22,619 members
- Project Weather 634,877 photos, 90,745 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,492,200 photos, 27,265 members
- Chicagoist Photos 218,505 photos, 3,250 members
- Chicago Reader 202,296 photos, 4,310 members
- Reflections 632,267 photos, 51,480 members
- Cinematic Moments. 653,806 photos, 23,492 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 795,716 photos, 30,126 members
- Chicagoland 60,906 photos, 959 members
- Chicago Architecture 44,514 photos, 2,813 members
- You Think this is Art 1,596,191 photos, 67,032 members
- Cloud Junkie 396,276 photos, 40,759 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 3,956,735 photos, 111,122 members
- Chicago Photography 56,466 photos, 2,241 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 606,236 photos, 40,082 members
- Chicago... 143,228 photos, 8,717 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,741,249 photos, 103,656 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 888,258 photos, 27,421 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 409,210 photos, 12,238 members
- B+W 657,402 photos, 21,671 members
- LIVE MUSIC 525,706 photos, 28,537 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,824,587 photos, 96,299 members
- Flickritis: Where 45,415people are still happily infected! 4,329,724 photos, 64,430 members
- CLICK the CAMERA 665,816 photos, 10,562 members
"Bryan has been a contact of mine for a while now and I have to say he is the most consistant, entairtaining and inspiring of anyone I have met on Flickr.
His style is immediately apparant; a cityscape largely devoid of people, lights in the distance that hint of the lives being lived that we'll never know, magnificent structures of steel and brick, all delivered in a way that is familiar but yet ever-evolving. He documents the minutae of life in Chicago too, small details, little things. His larger compositions increase the personality of the cityscape he documents, giving Chicago its own voice.
Always interesting. Always shot with technical poise and creativity.
More than this he is a geniunely nice person, always ready to view your work and offer praise or advice, he inspires many people with his work and I am glad that I get see life through Bryan's lens."
April 20th, 2012
pretty in pixels says:
"Through Bryan's work I feel as if I have an intimate, street level understanding of the city which he inhabits and photographs, what is particularly interesting in Bryan's work is strong composition in every shot, frequent use of symmetry and reflection. Each image feels as if it's part of a puzzle, and by piecing them all together one can take a virtual tour through Chicago and as Bruce Gilden would say, 'smell the street'
Take a stroll through Bryan's stream and you will encounter his consistently cinematic and slightly purple vision of a Chicago devoid of people and stripped down to steel frames, concrete blocks and shadow plays, delve a little deeper and you will find the greatest photo of the bean that I have seen on flickr or otherwise.
As well as being a superb photographer, it is an privilege to consider Bryan a friend, as his helpful, critical, and supportive comments keep me going as a photographer."
February 14th, 2012
"Bryan's work is such a pleasure to look at. He has a keen eye for composition and style, two elements that are consistent hallmarks of his photographic work. In particular, Bryan's photos of Chicago architecture are unique and genuine. You can tell he loves his city, and he often uses it as the focus and backdrop of his work. Throughout the breadth of photographic styles Bryan practices (family portrait, urban life, and landscapes to name a few), the engagement Bryan has with his subject is evident, and allows him to consistently create interesting, pleasing and compelling images.
Besides being an eager and valuable contributor to the Flickr community, Bryan is a student, a family man and an excellent photographer. I encourage everyone to look through his photostream and see the world through his lens. You won't be disappointed."
January 15th, 2012
- Bryan Jaronik
- February 2010
- Granger, IN
- Chicago, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- See It Through My Lens