I live and work as a Principal/teacher in a modern one class school in a First Nation community on the Yukon BC border. I love to walk my dogs and explore the area. My pictures are best viewed in large size.
Be sure to look for Watson Lake Camera Club on Facebook if you live in southeast Yukon.
If you live in northern B.C. or the Yukon and would like to book wedding or event photography please visit my photography site. All profits support outdoor experiential programs at Denetia School
Yellow Snow Photography
Please support animal rescue efforts.
Paypal donations for animal rescue costs of meds, vet services and adoption costs can be made can be made at yellowsnowphotography.blogspot.com
Support animal rescue in the the Stikine/Watson Lake areas of B.C. and S.E. Yukon. All funds will be used for food, veterinary services and adoption costs.
Olympus E-520, E-5, FE-26
Zuiko Digital 4/3 system (doubles equiv.) lenses
8mm fisheye, 9-18mm,14-42mm, 50mm, 40-150mm,70-300mm
Olympus 2xtele converter EC-20
Olympus EX-25 macro exetension tube
Digitital Concepts 0.45 Macro Wide Angle Lens
Phoenix Fish Eye Lens
Opteka Manual Focus
(500mm zoom, 650-1300mm zoom)
Olympus FL-50R TTL Flash
MANFROTTO 808RC4 3-WAY PAN TILT HEAD
MANFROTTO BOGEN 055XB/CLASSIC TRIPOD
Inspiron Portable Studio Light Kit
Inspiron Portable Studio Backdrop Kit
1200w Strobe Light Kit
Cable shutter release
Remote shutter release
My DNA bighugelabs.com/flickr/dna.php
Bruce McKay Yellow Snow Photography's favorite photos from other Flickr members (60,345)
- Salidas y puestas de Sol ( Sunrises and sunsets) 7,113 photos, 2,431 members
- Best Flowers 553 photos, 129 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 224,894 photos, 9,300 members
- Project Weather 157,312 photos, 38,291 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 347,323 photos, 23,905 members
- NATURE MAGIC/ POST 1 COMMENT 3 9,681 photos, 1,036 members
- Tradesmen & Craftsmen 64 photos, 4 members
- snow雪 3,336 photos, 470 members
- Ski Patrol and Mountain rescue 98 photos, 11 members
- First Nations / Cultures / Autochtones 2,323 photos, 102 members
- Osserva Pensa Scatta.... Ti sei Divertito 25,094 photos, 1,192 members
- Outside our four walls 723 photos, 65 members
- Nature of Wildlife 9,354 photos, 393 members
- Yahoo News: Your Photos 8,970 photos, 1,546 members
- GreenScene**** ~ [ post 1/award 2 ] 16,327 photos, 1,066 members
- Water, snow, ice and frost 36,857 photos, 1,551 members
- Libro de Fotos / Photo Book 118,036 photos, 5,038 members
- A Portrait Group 441,226 photos, 9,686 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 311,486 photos, 7,566 members
- North of 60 E-System Users 366 photos, 6 members
- Macro Life 20,964 photos, 1,112 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 84,906 photos, 9,914 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,789 photos, 4,984 members
- Featherweights ~ Post 1 - Award 2 - PLEASE COMMENT 13,198 photos, 708 members
- INTENSOS ANIMALES / Intense animals. (P1 C3) 104,269 photos, 9,126 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 11,439 photos, 2,541 members
- Go-Pro Cameras (Pics & Vids) 2,883 photos, 632 members
- Brass Monkeys 10,857 photos, 591 members
- Experimentos y cosas raras / Experiments and weird things 667 photos, 146 members
- OM-D // E-5 // E-3 Olympus 5,675 photos, 81 members
- What's in your fermenter 473 photos, 90 members
- wine art 8,858 photos, 2,309 members
- Wine Related Photos from All Over the WORLD 26,336 photos, 3,973 members
- Wine-geek musings 19,131 photos, 3,552 members
- Our Dog Photography - High Quality Petography - NEW CONTEST! 12,808 photos, 1,417 members
- Photographers and Graphic designers! 17,746 photos, 581 members
- E∂ιte∂ Pořtřαιts - Human Only 24,327 photos, 1,637 members
- Wetlands of British Columbia 571 photos, 88 members
- Flickr ♥♥♥ Friends 19,420 photos, 740 members
- Klondike Gold Rush of 1898 28 photos, 7 members
- anything about dogs 17,524 photos, 377 members
- Adventurous Canines 4,295 photos, 201 members
- ***Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes*P1-A2 25,093 photos, 1,566 members
- Nature | Flora & Fauna 37,323 photos, 1,551 members
- Frogs and Toads 26,668 photos, 5,803 members
- Get Olympus 105,292 photos, 2,483 members
- The 3 Fates 581 photos, 133 members
- The Light Painters Society 355,679 photos, 14,551 members
- Olympus E-System Community 417,896 photos, 10,879 members
- Flickr Art Directors Club 53,194 photos, 4,100 members
"I was fortunate enough to hook up with Bruce on flickr in the first few months I joined.
His free spirit, honesty and compassion immediately struck a chord with me, then add his cheeky and cracking comments and you have the real deal.
Bruce's images will vary from his magical nature shots to his beloved dogs and his love and development of his students.
Bruce is also not afraid to wear his heart and soul on his sleeve, something I just admire so much...
Bruce is a real pioneer - in life and on flickr..
a real privilege to have met you Bruce.."
24th December, 2010
Pearleen Lachhab says:
"I've worked with Bruce for a year in the far north. He is a very hard working, creative, intelligent, individual. We used to take the hours drive into town now and then for a beer. He'd come over now and then for a social life, TV and a beer, LOL.... I've kept in touch with him. He was at one time one of Canada's elite athletes......he's a remarkable man and has done some amazing things. He's a good egg and happy to say he's my friend."
30th October, 2009
"Bruce is a beautiful photographer. All of his pictures are edited to the extent where they still look realistic. His photostream consists of many...ORGANIC photos..if that makes sense. He has an eye for what looks good in real life(:"
20th June, 2009
"The beauty of life and nature streams out from Bruces images like a river of love...
The real energy and inner light of his most cuddly dogs and animals is excellent created by his big heart and skill.
Nature is for us to take care and to enjoy and that is for sure a pure delight looking at his photostream.
You are the best Bruce!
All goodie for you my friend!
6th June, 2009
"Bruce, you have one of the most interesting photostreams of all my contacts. I visit almost daily (but due to time constraints can't always comment). You have opened a window of the world on the far north and native culture that few get to see. The artistry and emotional content of your images and poetry is remarkable. Keep up the good work!"
4th May, 2009
"Bruce is a great photographer.... His landscapes photos are beautiful, also the photos of his wonderful dogs!!!
And I love the gorgeous sunrise shots..... Its showes us the beauty of nature. In the short time I have known Bruce I see that he‘s a very friendly and warm person.
Thank you for sharing your magnificent photos from Canada.....
Bestu kveðjur frá Íslandi......JónaSigthors"
16th April, 2009
Sig Holm says:
"Fyrsti Kanadíski Flickr tengillinn minn.
Góður ljósmyndari, mjög tengdur náttúrunni, ...elskar að taka grípandi myndir úr daglega lífinu.
Hann býr í fallegu landi.
Og hann er fiskimaður.
My first Canadian Flickr Contact.
Great Photographer and very close to nature. , ....he likes to capture eye-catching events of daily life.
He lives in a wonderful country.
And he´s a Fisherman."
11th January, 2009
- Bruce McKay
- April 2006
- Red Deer, Alberta
- Lower Post, BC Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Yellow Snow Photography
- bruce.mckay [at] sd87.bc.ca