The British Library’s collections on Flickr Commons offer access to millions of public domain images, which we encourage you to explore and re-use. The release of these collections into the public domain represent the Library's desire to improve knowledge of and about them, to enable novel and unexpected ways of using them, and to begin working with researchers to explore and interpret large scale digital collections.
The first set we have added come from a British Library Labs project dubbed the Mechanical Curator, which located more than a million images from within our digitised collection of over 65,000 books from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. Over time more public domain collections will be added.
This account is managed by the British Library Digital Research Team. You can follow us on Twitter #BLDigital or get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The British Library is the national library of the United Kingdom and one of the world's greatest libraries. We hold over 13 million books, 920,000 journal and newspaper titles, 57 million patents, 3 million sound recordings, and much, much more.
Photos of The British Library (4)
- astrometry 75,394 photos, 7,809 members
- Flickr Commons 2,636 photos, 2,524 members
- Biennale Flickr Competition 244 photos, 100 members
- Propaganda Worldwide 4,509 photos, 410 members
- FlickrCentral 9,285,456 photos, 278,416 members
- Group Announcements 0 photos, 2,442 members
- Ramayana Now 259 photos, 132 members
The British Library doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2007
- British Library