Equipment update - just replaced my Rebel XT with a 5D Mark II and a 17-40L lens...I'll be out of town this weekend testing them out ;-)
I'm working on a new community project - freephotoguides.blogspot.com. Check it out and if you're in Washington or Oregon and want to contribute just message me (or I may be messaging you!)
My 'buddy icon' is a crop of this image from my brother.
Photos of brianchapman (2)
- Naturalight 26,897 photos, 1,498 members
- Canon 5D Mark II at Night 4,931 photos, 497 members
- Northern California Photography 190,900 photos, 5,294 members
- Reno, NV 1,572 photos, 98 members
- The Panocturnists 1,040 photos, 146 members
- ShakeItPhoto Best Of 7,331 photos, 1,136 members
- sleepless in seattle 3,752 photos, 224 members
- Top 20 Seattle 21 photos, 246 members
- iPhone-Photography 180,670 photos, 4,122 members
- iPhone 2,630 photos, 124 members
- Landscape Light Painting 5,987 photos, 838 members
- Death Valley - February 2010 53 photos, 37 members
- Canon 5D MK II 3200 ISO and Up 1,743 photos, 152 members
- Album Cover in Limbo 3,460 photos, 133 members
- Dog Expressions 346,710 photos, 32,232 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II & Mark III Users 420,688 photos, 9,351 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 878,593 photos, 27,204 members
- Washington State Outdoors - read da rules! 40,081 photos, 3,311 members
- Freephotoguides 284 photos, 387 members
- 99 best black&white landscape photographs 88 photos, 56 members
- Anti Bokeh Wednesday 641 photos, 66 members
- +Esto es crema+ 5,013 photos, 301 members
- BLACK & WHITE PHOTOS (P1/A2) 430,490 photos, 20,017 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,030 photos, 1,477 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 312,597 photos, 30,495 members
- ALL CATS ALLOWED!!! 306,356 photos, 20,788 members
- GAS WORKS PARK - SEATTLE 733 photos, 126 members
- OLYMPIC PICTURE- POST1/ INVITE 1/ 22,688 photos, 2,201 members
- Gasworks Park 1,314 photos, 156 members
- Puget Sound "Silent Crisis" Photo Challenge 3,510 photos, 296 members
- All about Cars 449,948 photos, 3,281 members
- pilings 1,297 photos, 180 members
- world in B&W 331,536 photos, 7,182 members
- New Black and White 8,078 photos, 6,046 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 395,751 photos, 25,594 members
- Seattlest 66,848 photos, 1,953 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 606,482 photos, 14,166 members
- Great Photo(please add tag"great photo" 4,540 photos, 840 members
- Inqmnd Focus 20 photos, 24 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 625,425 photos, 11,958 members
- Flickr's Best Square in MonoWorld (Invited Photos Only) 650 photos, 135 members
- The Best Pool 20,937 photos, 916 members
- *Flickr Photo Award* 312,518 photos, 10,991 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,151 photos, 3,636 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Quality Photography" 298,521 photos, 32,769 members
- We travel the World 1,195,108 photos, 45,273 members
- Best Shoot 18,409 photos, 545 members
- 5 Flickr Favs (pool & contest invitation required) 18,459 photos, 2,300 members
- Explore this! (ONLY EXPLORED PICS) 24,117 photos, 4,132 members
- Happiness Conservancy (post 1, award 2) 11,217 photos, 1,382 members
"brian's photos take my breath away more consistently, i think, than anyone else on Flickr -- i have no idea how he makes so many luminous, astonishing, etheral images, images that stick in my mind for days. he often echoes Michael Kenna's work (one of my all-time favorites), but very much has his own style and vision.
brian shows us a unique view of the world, one that i feel privileged to be let in on -- i hope we meet someday, it would be a great delight"
October 4th, 2007
"There are only 3 photographers that I view every image from top to bottom... the black and whites that Mr. Chapman produces are simply the best I have ever seen. It is extremely inspirational to view his black and white long exposures. Superb~"
April 28th, 2007
Lance Keimig says:
"Brian's ability to produce one stunning image after another is one of the main reasons that I continue to spend my time on Flickr. His creativity and technical ability combine to make for some of the most remarkable photgraphs I've ever seen. A true artist with a highly evolved style, it's hard to believe that he's only been at this for a couple of years.
Watch this man, his talents will take him wherever he decides to go."
January 24th, 2007
" a stream of exceptional quality - rare and beautiful."
November 12th, 2006
[Piuma + Charles] says:
"Brian es uno de mis fotografos favoritos en Flickr. Su trabajo es excelente. Tiene un cuidado de la tecnica simplemente perfecto.
Sus fotos transmiten calma."
May 17th, 2006
Morioka, Japan says:
"Awesome. Brian is an extemely good photographer."
April 24th, 2006
Toby Keller / Burnblue says:
"Brian Chapman is a compositional Grand Master. He sets the bar for the rest of us, but damned if anyone ever gets near it. On a bad day his work trounces 99% of the drek on Flickr; on a good one, it eclipses the rest. Keep it up, Brian!"
March 29th, 2006
"I am very impressed by your technique - if I ever equal your creativity I would be truly pleased. Keep me inspired!"
February 20th, 2006
"Top notch B&W stuff here Brian. Excellent!"
January 27th, 2006
Dan Vineyard Photography says:
"Brian's work is simply exceptional. I'm blown away at the photos he produces, and I'm always looking forward to viewing each new piece. He can communicate subtle forms and feelings through his work that makes you take a step back and contemplate the beautiful scene that he has captured and created."
January 21st, 2006
"I'll write his first testimonial. Makes me glad I stayed on flickr as long as I did. His stuff all out jams."
December 8th, 2005
- Brian Chapman
- December 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Brian Chapman Photography