Equipment update - just replaced my Rebel XT with a 5D Mark II and a 17-40L lens...I'll be out of town this weekend testing them out ;-)
I'm working on a new community project - freephotoguides.blogspot.com. Check it out and if you're in Washington or Oregon and want to contribute just message me (or I may be messaging you!)
My 'buddy icon' is a crop of this image from my brother.
Photos of brianchapman (2)
- Canon 5D Mark II at Night 4,847 photos, 442 members
- Northern California Photography 160,876 photos, 4,884 members
- Reno, NV 1,460 photos, 83 members
- The Panocturnists 1,025 photos, 135 members
- ShakeItPhoto Best Of 7,360 photos, 1,168 members
- sleepless in seattle 3,432 photos, 213 members
- Top 20 Seattle 14 photos, 233 members
- iPhone-Photography 152,367 photos, 3,482 members
- iPhone 2,148 photos, 99 members
- Landscape Light Painting 4,557 photos, 792 members
- Death Valley - February 2010 48 photos, 34 members
- Canon 5D MK II 3200 ISO and Up 1,725 photos, 149 members
- Album Cover in Limbo 3,380 photos, 133 members
- Dog Expressions 314,240 photos, 29,640 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II & Mark III Users 313,516 photos, 7,739 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 735,797 photos, 25,375 members
- Washington State Outdoors - read da rules! 36,229 photos, 2,978 members
- Freephotoguides 286 photos, 392 members
- 99 best black&white landscape photographs 89 photos, 54 members
- Anti Bokeh Wednesday 637 photos, 60 members
- +Esto es crema+ 5,345 photos, 307 members
- BLACK & WHITE PHOTOS (P1/A2) 293,905 photos, 14,609 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,039 photos, 1,448 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 276,456 photos, 28,938 members
- ALL CATS ALLOWED!!! 271,262 photos, 19,720 members
- GAS WORKS PARK - SEATTLE 745 photos, 125 members
- OLYMPIC PICTURE- POST1/ INVITE 1/ 20,888 photos, 2,219 members
- Gasworks Park 1,287 photos, 152 members
- Puget Sound "Silent Crisis" Photo Challenge 3,819 photos, 297 members
- Admins - Please de-mote yourself if not active in group 5,706 photos, 1,234 members
- All about Cars 292,627 photos, 2,701 members
- pilings 1,201 photos, 167 members
- world in B&W 207,225 photos, 4,967 members
- New Black and White 7,399 photos, 5,748 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 353,700 photos, 24,447 members
- Seattlest 64,958 photos, 1,923 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 329,451 photos, 9,785 members
- Great Photo(please add tag"great photo" 4,533 photos, 840 members
- Inqmnd Focus 20 photos, 24 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 305,784 photos, 8,512 members
- Flickr's Best Square in MonoWorld (Invited Photos Only) 653 photos, 136 members
- The Best Pool 19,880 photos, 912 members
- *Flickr Photo Award* 198,266 photos, 8,874 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,303 photos, 3,716 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ Queue ~ No People 264,437 photos, 31,936 members
- We travel the World 849,195 photos, 39,259 members
- Best Shoot 10,598 photos, 478 members
- 5 Flickr Favs (pool & contest invitation required) 12,318 photos, 2,191 members
- Explore this! (ONLY EXPLORED PICS) 19,887 photos, 3,679 members
- Happiness Conservancy (post 1, award 2) 10,939 photos, 1,381 members
"brian's photos take my breath away more consistently, i think, than anyone else on Flickr -- i have no idea how he makes so many luminous, astonishing, etheral images, images that stick in my mind for days. he often echoes Michael Kenna's work (one of my all-time favorites), but very much has his own style and vision.
brian shows us a unique view of the world, one that i feel privileged to be let in on -- i hope we meet someday, it would be a great delight"
October 4th, 2007
"There are only 3 photographers that I view every image from top to bottom... the black and whites that Mr. Chapman produces are simply the best I have ever seen. It is extremely inspirational to view his black and white long exposures. Superb~"
April 28th, 2007
Lance Keimig says:
"Brian's ability to produce one stunning image after another is one of the main reasons that I continue to spend my time on Flickr. His creativity and technical ability combine to make for some of the most remarkable photgraphs I've ever seen. A true artist with a highly evolved style, it's hard to believe that he's only been at this for a couple of years.
Watch this man, his talents will take him wherever he decides to go."
January 24th, 2007
" a stream of exceptional quality - rare and beautiful."
November 12th, 2006
[Piuma + Charles] says:
"Brian es uno de mis fotografos favoritos en Flickr. Su trabajo es excelente. Tiene un cuidado de la tecnica simplemente perfecto.
Sus fotos transmiten calma."
May 17th, 2006
Morioka, Japan says:
"Awesome. Brian is an extemely good photographer."
April 24th, 2006
Toby Keller / Burnblue says:
"Brian Chapman is a compositional Grand Master. He sets the bar for the rest of us, but damned if anyone ever gets near it. On a bad day his work trounces 99% of the drek on Flickr; on a good one, it eclipses the rest. Keep it up, Brian!"
March 29th, 2006
"I am very impressed by your technique - if I ever equal your creativity I would be truly pleased. Keep me inspired!"
February 20th, 2006
"Top notch B&W stuff here Brian. Excellent!"
January 27th, 2006
Dan Vineyard Photography says:
"Brian's work is simply exceptional. I'm blown away at the photos he produces, and I'm always looking forward to viewing each new piece. He can communicate subtle forms and feelings through his work that makes you take a step back and contemplate the beautiful scene that he has captured and created."
January 21st, 2006
"I'll write his first testimonial. Makes me glad I stayed on flickr as long as I did. His stuff all out jams."
December 8th, 2005
- Brian Chapman
- December 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Brian Chapman Photography