I'm just another photography enthusiast. I enjoy creating many different types of photos with various styles, b/w being one of my stronger suits. In addition to posting photos here on Flickr as often as possible, I operate and/or contribute to the following websites:
Epic Edits Weblog
Fine Art Photoblog
Be sure to check out the Epic Edits PhotoDump and Feeling Negative groups here on Flickr.
- Seven by Five 52,636 photos, 2,153 members
- Owning and Operating a Darkroom 602 photos, 107 members
- Feeling Negative? 22,174 photos, 758 members
- The Mutton Chop Revolution! 15 photos, 16 members
- Hi-Matic 12,729 photos, 1,783 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 95,302 photos, 10,448 members
- PhotoNetCast 1,546 photos, 134 members
- The Scarlet Paradigm 217 photos, 19 members
- The Awesome Shots of That Guy Bryan Villarin Group 228 photos, 38 members
- A Kodak Moment 405 photos, 50 members
- expired film 293,454 photos, 11,932 members
- Lo-Fi Eye 22,885 photos, 618 members
- Toy Cameras 300,191 photos, 26,309 members
- Diana Photography 34,537 photos, 11,464 members
- Diana+ & Diana F+ 75,701 photos, 11,415 members
- 1001noisycameras 80,955 photos, 746 members
- Push and Pray 6,689 photos, 319 members
- Learning Photography with Neil Creek 5,704 photos, 559 members
- Polaroid Spectra 21,204 photos, 2,620 members
- Polaroid 307,913 photos, 32,569 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 216,450 photos, 20,834 members
- Brutal Shots 41,712 photos, 2,014 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 66,803 photos, 4,802 members
- I Shoot Film 2,594,001 photos, 110,148 members
- Minolta SR - T 24,046 photos, 2,373 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,308,545 photos, 45,279 members
- B&W Xibit 13,650 photos, 838 members
- Photo of the Photographer: Camera must be in photographers photo 4,430 photos, 524 members
- All Day I Dream About Photography 221,358 photos, 5,381 members
- Shoot From the Hip 15,159 photos, 423 members
- Epic Edits PhotoDump 42,699 photos, 1,728 members
- Digital Photography School 23,280 photos, 20,847 members
Bryan Villarin says:
"I'm glad Trevor introduced me to Brian. I feel blessed that I can ask him for help anytime.
He's another inspiration to me with his black & white photos and unique processing.
I love this guy. :)"
July 19th, 2008
"I started out as an admirer of Brian's photography and writing. Now I'm a friend and partner, and I couldn't be more honored.
Brian is a constant source of inspiration for photography and writing about photography. His blog was the reason I found the confidence to develop my own blog from a personal outlet towards being a resource for photographers. His generosity is boundless and his creativity is truly remarkable. I am still an admirer of Brian, and look forward to working together with him to build our mutual success."
March 19th, 2008
"I honestly don't think Brian needs a Testimonial. His name is very well known in both photography and photography blogging fields.
He has his own way to bring freshness and innovation to every picture he takes or every post he writes.
Thank you for all the inspiration"
March 9th, 2008
Daniel Hellerman says:
"Brian Auer is an excellent photographer, and an outstanding member of the photography community. He shows a mastery of his trade, and is always ready to help anyone with a question whether it be through his flickr pool, or personal website!"
December 30th, 2007
gigantic rock says:
"I live too far from Brian to give him a Christmas present in person, so I figured this would be just as good, if not better...
Since I discovered Brian's blog in the middle of 2007, I've found myself constantly inspired by the work he produces in terms of the photography and the detailed explanations. I've also been honoured in the form of constantly being featured in photodumps and even mentioned as someone to watch.
But this isn't about me.
Brian is, simply put, awesome. His constant input into my work has encouraged me on so many levels, and drives me to seek my personal best. I think this is perhaps one of his best qualities. He seeks out the best in others, then broadcasts this to the world - seeking publicity for them, rather than using it to draw attention to himself.
Despite living miles away, I really feel as if I've made a friend and not just another contact via the net. I would encourage you to follow his stream, (characterised by bursts of intense colour amongst desaturated images, with success gained in all facets of photography that he attempts). Furthermore, seek a social engagement with him. It will be something that you won't regret - especially the photos which will engrain themselves in your mind as masterpieces."
December 24th, 2007
"Brian's fresh perspective to photography is something I admire and look forward to viewing each time I load his photostream. Equally if not more impressive is Brian's great writing and engaging conversations on his blog. When I think of photography blogs I think of EpicEdits. Keep up the great work Brian."
October 22nd, 2007
Anoop Negi says:
"Brian Auer writes that he is ..................” just another photography enthusiast.”
And thereby reveals a modesty about his skill. A trait which is one of the finest qualities that a person can possess. I have seen his photostream and what strikes me foremost about his work is that his photos “speak”.
There is an element of “story telling” in his photographs. He wants to convey the mood, the ambience, the setting and the action in one frame. If you ask me it is the single most difficult and ardous task for a photographer. Brian excels in this genre.
Great work. Hope to see more from this artist."
September 9th, 2007
"Brian is an incredible photographer, and definitely one of the "greats" in the photoblogging world. His work is always inspired and top-notch, and I am always finding something new to learn from it."
August 21st, 2007
"When it comes to the online photography community, Brian is definitely a leader. He's an excellent writer and he never hesitates to share what he's learned about photography with anyone.
He has an eye for composition and a sense of exploratory wonder that comes across plainly in his photos. And every time he posts one of his post-processing tutorials, I learn something new."
August 17th, 2007
- Brian Auer
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Mechanical Engineer