Visit My Website
Greeting from Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia! I'm currently living on this Russian island just north of Japan and South of Siberia on a 3 year work assignment.
I am a semi-pro photographer dealing primarily with landscapes and cityscapes. I made the leap to DSLR in December 2008, and I wish I would have done it sooner!
My job has taken me around the world, and has given me the opportunity to see and photograph some spectacular sights. I purchased my first DSLR, a Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSI), and took it with my on business trips to Indonesia, Malaysia, Abu Dhabi, Norway, London and France. I then upgraded to the Canon EOS 550D (T2i) and took that to Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Colorado. I then purchased a Canon EOS 60D in early 2011, and have used it on trips to San Francisco, the U.S. East Coast, Buenos Aires (twice), Uruguay, Malaysia (3 times) , Thailand, Utah and Cambodia.
I have now have 2 new cameras. First, I made the leap to full-frame with the Canon EOS 6D...but when I need to travel light I take my Canon 100D.
My recent trips include Tokyo and Sapporo Japan, Singapore (again), Malaysia (again) and South Africa.
Jim's World TravelsMake yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Photos of Jim Boud (4)
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 80,269 photos, 5,377 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 504,076 photos, 14,023 members
- *Inspirational Travel Photos 1,079,922 photos, 16,204 members
- Longer Exposure, Extreme Neutral Density 101,779 photos, 7,676 members
- Neutral Density Filters 87,957 photos, 7,994 members
- Lightroom Showcase 95,592 photos, 3,434 members
- Long Exposures 692,356 photos, 45,782 members
- Landscape 1,052,117 photos, 101,542 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 2,036,106 photos, 74,631 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 106,769 photos, 12,856 members
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM. 193,646 photos, 16,489 members
- Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX (F2.8 11-16mm) 98,981 photos, 7,046 members
- fisheye fanatics 117,083 photos, 10,067 members
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM Lens 102,177 photos, 4,979 members
- Southeast Asia Images 359,189 photos, 8,368 members
- LEE Filters 89,082 photos, 5,782 members
- The Lee 10 Stop 'Big Stopper' & B&W 110 29,546 photos, 3,353 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 443,764 photos, 32,727 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L & (IS) USM 135,066 photos, 10,626 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 59,019 photos, 8,603 members
- The Best of Sony Nex 23,558 photos, 2,438 members
- Sony α NEX & ILCE 558,425 photos, 15,284 members
- THE NEX-7 GROUP 56,341 photos, 2,190 members
- Project Weather 611,827 photos, 92,464 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges 167,280 photos, 16,240 members
- LDS Photographers 31,269 photos, 1,198 members
- Canon EOS 60D 237,764 photos, 6,030 members
- Canon EOS 60D - Official Group 641,534 photos, 16,315 members
- Lenscrack .: Assignment - Street Stills :. 2,819 photos, 327 members
- Weekly Theme Challenge: Enter & Vote 2,165 photos, 1,803 members
Dan Ballard Photography says:
"I recently had the good fortune to go on a photo trip with Jim. After getting to know him better I can confidently say he is not only an excellent photographer, but also a really great guy. I meet him on flickr and from the start he has been great to comment and share his knowledge. He has been to some incredible places and shares those experiences with us though his photography. Keep up the good work Jim, and hope to shoot with you in the future!!!!
October 6th, 2010
smooth measure says:
"Jim has a very amazing and unique spin on HDR - making them both dramatic and beautifully colored. He shoots a wide-range of shots from national landmarks to his new experiments in light tent photography. Work is always amazing and exquisite. This is one stream you'll really want to follow!"
August 13th, 2010
"Solo decir cuando vi su primera foto, una nocturna, me impactó.... el colorido... la nitidez.... la fuerza... el angulo.... era perfecto; encajaba todo a la perfección, mire mas fotos, macro... la nitidez de las últimas fotos sobre todo...son de portada de la mejor revista, le añadí a mis contactos de inmediato, para poder seguir sus trabajos."
August 22nd, 2009
John C. Murphy says:
"I've just discovered Jim Boud on Flickr and am totally blown away by his photos. This guy says he a totally amateur photographer, then Jim - you are in the wrong job. You were born for photography. Its easy to take good photographs, but Jims photographs are not good. They are the type of photos that make you look again and again, they are GREAT photos. My advice Jim is to build a portfolio and put it out to the agencies, you could easily make it as a highly sought after PRO. It has been my pleasure to view your work and I will return often to see your next piece. - Regards John"
August 21st, 2009
- Jim Boud
- January 2009
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Systems Analyst