"You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it."
Hi everyone! My name is Tony. I live in Los Angeles, California and I am definitely not a pro. But I do feel like I've got a decent eye for the picture and I've loved taking pictures my entire life.
I moved out to LA from Pennsylvania about three years ago to pursue a career in film/TV production but ended up working for a non-profit only to find it infinitely more satisfying and rewarding. Although, the pay isn't very good. But it wasn't that good in production either, so I kind of break even.
I've found LA to be filled with millions of images waiting to be taken. From beautiful homes to gritty streets, I could literally shoot for hours and only have seen a fraction of what there is to see. And as long as I'm here I will continue to shoot what I find interesting.
I guess my style would fall under the photo journalistic umbrella. I don't really like set ups. I'd rather just capture life as it happens. I think there is enough humor, drama, irony, etc to capture in the real world that I don't feel the need to recreate it in a studio. I did enough of that in production. I've always been a bit shy shooting people which is why, in most of my shots with people in them, they aren't looking directly at the camera. They're usually part of the background. And further, that's why most of my shots don't have people in them.
So my goal for the time being is to work on approaching people and incorporating them into my photos as the primary subjects. I've noticed that other peoples pictures that I'm drawn to most are ones with some sort of life in them (human life, that is.)
Up until about a month ago my primary camera was a Canon SD 800IS. And as far as point and shoots go, I love that camera. I am now shooting on a Nikon D40X Digital SLR which I find more challenging but ultimately the photos are more rewarding. I edit them in Iphoto, Capture NX and Photoshop CS3.
I hope everyone take the time to enjoy some of my photos and please leave lots of comments. Good, bad and ugly.
- B&W Bokeh and DoF (Depth of field) 1,867 photos, 326 members
- I Heart Photo! 1,378 photos, 67 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Drank That!!! 8,156 photos, 1,287 members
- 2008 Presidential Election 10,342 photos, 1,293 members
- Barack Obama Photos 14,828 photos, 3,239 members
- Street or Studio 1,999 photos, 2,410 members
- FF3 T-Shirt Design Contest 1,015 photos, 3,316 members
- Nikon Digital 2,769,524 photos, 93,769 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 499,334 photos, 25,819 members
- Project 365 1,840,809 photos, 30,423 members
- PHOTO SMILES - Photos That Make You SMILE! Post 1/Award 2 79,800 photos, 5,897 members
- Photography Studio set-up 285 photos, 288 members
- Metroblogging Pittsburgh 230 photos, 38 members
- Musical Instruments [NO PEOPLE] 32,500 photos, 7,345 members
- DIYPhotography 46,382 photos, 12,575 members
- Sweet Digs Los Angeles 5,318 photos, 86 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 123,570 photos, 17,999 members
- Vancouver 197,947 photos, 7,754 members
- Art Museum 304 photos, 120 members
- Around the World Landscapes 25,701 photos, 7,947 members
- Me, myself and my camera 2,211 photos, 2,454 members
- blogdowntown 12,827 photos, 271 members
- Baseball 79,563 photos, 5,534 members
- Meet me at the Fair 25,261 photos, 2,780 members
- Your Own Worst Critic 236 photos, 124 members
- Photography Critique 4,785 photos, 15,174 members
- Camera Toss 7,786 photos, 17,965 members
- Ultimate Score Me (POST 1 - SCORE 5) 32,748 photos, 5,616 members
- Score Me! (post 1, score 5) 323,036 photos, 35,118 members
- So. Cal Shooters 91,431 photos, 1,504 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 616,676 photos, 18,332 members
- Black and White 6,860,354 photos, 338,757 members
- Desert 47,460 photos, 4,129 members
- Utata 449,784 photos, 26,695 members
- LAist Featured Photos 113,488 photos, 2,358 members
- scouting 15,914 photos, 1,259 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,633,738 photos, 81,538 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 321,803 photos, 25,907 members
- Hit, Miss or Maybe..."Post one, vote on three" 186,887 photos, 18,898 members
- Los Angeles Photobloggers 23,730 photos, 656 members
- Los Angeles Metblogs / Blogging.la 20,250 photos, 482 members
- color whores 103,864 photos, 2,876 members
- Black & white portraits 359,318 photos, 32,484 members
- América En Blanco & Negro 26,136 photos, 1,544 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 1,307,574 photos, 41,415 members
- The Pritzker Architecture Prize on Flickr (Post 1 - Award 2) 114,402 photos, 12,734 members
- Protests and Demonstrations 77,884 photos, 4,472 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 138,324 photos, 10,602 members
- Life of a Kitchen 39,888 photos, 3,702 members
- Los Angeles 214,935 photos, 10,891 members
manmadepants doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- January 2007
- Athens, PA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Second Helping's - Sketch Comedy