"You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it."
Hi everyone! My name is Tony. I live in Los Angeles, California and I am definitely not a pro. But I do feel like I've got a decent eye for the picture and I've loved taking pictures my entire life.
I moved out to LA from Pennsylvania about three years ago to pursue a career in film/TV production but ended up working for a non-profit only to find it infinitely more satisfying and rewarding. Although, the pay isn't very good. But it wasn't that good in production either, so I kind of break even.
I've found LA to be filled with millions of images waiting to be taken. From beautiful homes to gritty streets, I could literally shoot for hours and only have seen a fraction of what there is to see. And as long as I'm here I will continue to shoot what I find interesting.
I guess my style would fall under the photo journalistic umbrella. I don't really like set ups. I'd rather just capture life as it happens. I think there is enough humor, drama, irony, etc to capture in the real world that I don't feel the need to recreate it in a studio. I did enough of that in production. I've always been a bit shy shooting people which is why, in most of my shots with people in them, they aren't looking directly at the camera. They're usually part of the background. And further, that's why most of my shots don't have people in them.
So my goal for the time being is to work on approaching people and incorporating them into my photos as the primary subjects. I've noticed that other peoples pictures that I'm drawn to most are ones with some sort of life in them (human life, that is.)
Up until about a month ago my primary camera was a Canon SD 800IS. And as far as point and shoots go, I love that camera. I am now shooting on a Nikon D40X Digital SLR which I find more challenging but ultimately the photos are more rewarding. I edit them in Iphoto, Capture NX and Photoshop CS3.
I hope everyone take the time to enjoy some of my photos and please leave lots of comments. Good, bad and ugly.
- B&W Bokeh and DoF (Depth of field) 1,850 photos, 320 members
- I Heart Photo! 1,383 photos, 66 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Drank That!!! 8,235 photos, 1,307 members
- 2008 Presidential Election 10,311 photos, 1,291 members
- Barack Obama Photos 14,462 photos, 3,231 members
- Street or Studio 1,985 photos, 2,405 members
- FF3 T-Shirt Design Contest 1,007 photos, 3,310 members
- Nikon Digital 3,231,549 photos, 101,467 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 509,555 photos, 25,764 members
- Project 365 1,887,357 photos, 30,713 members
- PHOTO SMILES - Photos That Make You SMILE! Post 1/Award 2 83,812 photos, 5,983 members
- Photography Studio set-up 557 photos, 284 members
- Metroblogging Pittsburgh 230 photos, 38 members
- Musical Instruments [NO PEOPLE] 33,550 photos, 7,455 members
- DIYPhotography 53,501 photos, 12,614 members
- Sweet Digs Los Angeles 7,170 photos, 91 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 122,509 photos, 17,904 members
- Vancouver 207,675 photos, 7,897 members
- Art Museum 302 photos, 119 members
- Around the World Landscapes 25,479 photos, 8,033 members
- Me, myself and my camera 2,181 photos, 2,443 members
- blogdowntown 13,101 photos, 269 members
- Baseball 83,285 photos, 5,684 members
- Meet me at the Fair 26,046 photos, 2,852 members
- Your Own Worst Critic 236 photos, 124 members
- Photography Critique 5,069 photos, 15,615 members
- Camera Toss 7,775 photos, 18,998 members
- Ultimate Score Me (POST 1 - SCORE 5) 32,304 photos, 5,590 members
- Score Me! (post 1, score 5) 316,552 photos, 34,970 members
- So. Cal Shooters 97,683 photos, 1,533 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 719,822 photos, 19,369 members
- Black and White 6,879,210 photos, 349,391 members
- Desert 48,736 photos, 4,206 members
- Utata 457,641 photos, 27,431 members
- LAist Featured Photos 117,966 photos, 2,395 members
- scouting 16,122 photos, 1,276 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,496,817 photos, 84,227 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 359,401 photos, 27,484 members
- Hit, Miss or Maybe..."Post one, vote on three" 184,023 photos, 18,838 members
- Los Angeles Photobloggers 25,794 photos, 682 members
- Los Angeles Metblogs / Blogging.la 20,793 photos, 483 members
- color whores 109,430 photos, 2,893 members
- Black & white portraits 376,471 photos, 33,197 members
- América En Blanco & Negro 27,111 photos, 1,566 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 1,803,687 photos, 51,875 members
- The Pritzker Architecture Prize on Flickr (Post 1 - Award 2) 110,393 photos, 12,092 members
- Protests and Demonstrations 79,702 photos, 4,523 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 145,195 photos, 10,733 members
- Life of a Kitchen 40,787 photos, 3,732 members
- Los Angeles 221,915 photos, 11,039 members
manmadepants doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- January 2007
- Athens, PA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Second Helping's - Sketch Comedy