"You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it."
Hi everyone! My name is Tony. I live in Los Angeles, California and I am definitely not a pro. But I do feel like I've got a decent eye for the picture and I've loved taking pictures my entire life.
I moved out to LA from Pennsylvania about three years ago to pursue a career in film/TV production but ended up working for a non-profit only to find it infinitely more satisfying and rewarding. Although, the pay isn't very good. But it wasn't that good in production either, so I kind of break even.
I've found LA to be filled with millions of images waiting to be taken. From beautiful homes to gritty streets, I could literally shoot for hours and only have seen a fraction of what there is to see. And as long as I'm here I will continue to shoot what I find interesting.
I guess my style would fall under the photo journalistic umbrella. I don't really like set ups. I'd rather just capture life as it happens. I think there is enough humor, drama, irony, etc to capture in the real world that I don't feel the need to recreate it in a studio. I did enough of that in production. I've always been a bit shy shooting people which is why, in most of my shots with people in them, they aren't looking directly at the camera. They're usually part of the background. And further, that's why most of my shots don't have people in them.
So my goal for the time being is to work on approaching people and incorporating them into my photos as the primary subjects. I've noticed that other peoples pictures that I'm drawn to most are ones with some sort of life in them (human life, that is.)
Up until about a month ago my primary camera was a Canon SD 800IS. And as far as point and shoots go, I love that camera. I am now shooting on a Nikon D40X Digital SLR which I find more challenging but ultimately the photos are more rewarding. I edit them in Iphoto, Capture NX and Photoshop CS3.
I hope everyone take the time to enjoy some of my photos and please leave lots of comments. Good, bad and ugly.
- B&W Bokeh and DoF (Depth of field) 1,845 photos, 319 members
- I Heart Photo! 1,387 photos, 66 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Drank That!!! 8,248 photos, 1,309 members
- 2008 Presidential Election 10,317 photos, 1,293 members
- Barack Obama Photos 14,472 photos, 3,231 members
- Street or Studio 1,983 photos, 2,401 members
- FF3 T-Shirt Design Contest 1,000 photos, 3,309 members
- Nikon Digital 3,309,947 photos, 102,529 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 511,015 photos, 25,750 members
- Project 365 1,893,434 photos, 30,742 members
- PHOTO SMILES - Photos That Make You SMILE! Post 1/Award 2 84,640 photos, 5,993 members
- Photography Studio set-up 621 photos, 285 members
- Metroblogging Pittsburgh 231 photos, 38 members
- Musical Instruments [NO PEOPLE] 33,660 photos, 7,469 members
- DIYPhotography 54,768 photos, 12,615 members
- Sweet Digs Los Angeles 7,374 photos, 92 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 123,414 photos, 18,001 members
- Vancouver 208,864 photos, 7,913 members
- Art Museum 302 photos, 119 members
- Around the World Landscapes 25,464 photos, 8,034 members
- Me, myself and my camera 2,172 photos, 2,440 members
- blogdowntown 13,164 photos, 269 members
- Baseball 83,500 photos, 5,691 members
- Meet me at the Fair 26,016 photos, 2,855 members
- Your Own Worst Critic 236 photos, 124 members
- Photography Critique 5,055 photos, 15,851 members
- Camera Toss 7,767 photos, 19,129 members
- Ultimate Score Me (POST 1 - SCORE 5) 32,124 photos, 5,584 members
- Score Me! (post 1, score 5) 316,254 photos, 34,942 members
- So. Cal Shooters 98,769 photos, 1,536 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 739,082 photos, 19,567 members
- Black and White 6,878,363 photos, 350,623 members
- Desert 49,135 photos, 4,220 members
- Utata 458,030 photos, 27,534 members
- LAist Featured Photos 118,425 photos, 2,400 members
- scouting 16,190 photos, 1,275 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,473,956 photos, 84,623 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 366,892 photos, 27,783 members
- Hit, Miss or Maybe..."Post one, vote on three" 183,965 photos, 18,832 members
- Los Angeles Photobloggers 26,054 photos, 685 members
- Los Angeles Metblogs / Blogging.la 20,861 photos, 483 members
- color whores 110,456 photos, 2,889 members
- Black & white portraits 379,161 photos, 33,317 members
- América En Blanco & Negro 27,286 photos, 1,566 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 1,894,505 photos, 53,379 members
- The Pritzker Architecture Prize on Flickr (Post 1 - Award 2) 109,863 photos, 11,986 members
- Protests and Demonstrations 80,306 photos, 4,531 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 146,271 photos, 10,771 members
- Life of a Kitchen 40,971 photos, 3,737 members
- Los Angeles 223,048 photos, 11,061 members
manmadepants doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- January 2007
- Athens, PA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Second Helping's - Sketch Comedy