"You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it."
Hi everyone! My name is Tony. I live in Los Angeles, California and I am definitely not a pro. But I do feel like I've got a decent eye for the picture and I've loved taking pictures my entire life.
I moved out to LA from Pennsylvania about three years ago to pursue a career in film/TV production but ended up working for a non-profit only to find it infinitely more satisfying and rewarding. Although, the pay isn't very good. But it wasn't that good in production either, so I kind of break even.
I've found LA to be filled with millions of images waiting to be taken. From beautiful homes to gritty streets, I could literally shoot for hours and only have seen a fraction of what there is to see. And as long as I'm here I will continue to shoot what I find interesting.
I guess my style would fall under the photo journalistic umbrella. I don't really like set ups. I'd rather just capture life as it happens. I think there is enough humor, drama, irony, etc to capture in the real world that I don't feel the need to recreate it in a studio. I did enough of that in production. I've always been a bit shy shooting people which is why, in most of my shots with people in them, they aren't looking directly at the camera. They're usually part of the background. And further, that's why most of my shots don't have people in them.
So my goal for the time being is to work on approaching people and incorporating them into my photos as the primary subjects. I've noticed that other peoples pictures that I'm drawn to most are ones with some sort of life in them (human life, that is.)
Up until about a month ago my primary camera was a Canon SD 800IS. And as far as point and shoots go, I love that camera. I am now shooting on a Nikon D40X Digital SLR which I find more challenging but ultimately the photos are more rewarding. I edit them in Iphoto, Capture NX and Photoshop CS3.
I hope everyone take the time to enjoy some of my photos and please leave lots of comments. Good, bad and ugly.
- B&W Bokeh and DoF (Depth of field) 1,983 photos, 283 members
- I Heart Photo! 1,306 photos, 65 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Drank That!!! 7,698 photos, 1,238 members
- 2008 Presidential Election 10,772 photos, 1,315 members
- Barack Obama Photos 15,366 photos, 3,293 members
- Street or Studio 2,052 photos, 2,419 members
- FF3 T-Shirt Design Contest 1,026 photos, 3,333 members
- Nikon Digital 1,758,982 photos, 71,560 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 459,127 photos, 25,737 members
- Project 365 1,689,233 photos, 28,376 members
- PHOTO SMILES - Photos That Make You SMILE! Post 1/Award 2 70,708 photos, 5,764 members
- Photography Studio set-up 204 photos, 250 members
- Metroblogging Pittsburgh 228 photos, 38 members
- Musical Instruments [NO PEOPLE] 29,434 photos, 6,923 members
- DIYPhotography 28,212 photos, 12,246 members
- Sweet Digs Los Angeles 2,533 photos, 78 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 112,777 photos, 17,471 members
- Vancouver 167,692 photos, 7,178 members
- Art Museum 312 photos, 122 members
- Around the World Landscapes 26,398 photos, 7,335 members
- Me, myself and my camera 2,330 photos, 2,446 members
- blogdowntown 12,154 photos, 250 members
- Baseball 73,038 photos, 5,125 members
- Meet me at the Fair 22,678 photos, 2,585 members
- Your Own Worst Critic 236 photos, 125 members
- Photography Critique 4,075 photos, 14,275 members
- Camera Toss 7,718 photos, 14,007 members
- Ultimate Score Me (POST 1 - SCORE 5) 33,605 photos, 5,734 members
- Score Me! (post 1, score 5) 331,244 photos, 35,546 members
- So. Cal Shooters 76,850 photos, 1,394 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 406,426 photos, 15,205 members
- Black and White 5,855,526 photos, 283,216 members
- Desert 41,457 photos, 3,939 members
- Utata 417,290 photos, 24,183 members
- LAist Featured Photos 99,707 photos, 2,203 members
- scouting 16,973 photos, 1,194 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,467,187 photos, 69,334 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 227,456 photos, 21,164 members
- Hit, Miss or Maybe..."Post one, vote on three" 190,547 photos, 19,143 members
- Los Angeles Photobloggers 17,732 photos, 592 members
- Los Angeles Metblogs / Blogging.la 19,012 photos, 484 members
- color whores 87,973 photos, 2,811 members
- Black & white portraits 315,001 photos, 29,368 members
- América En Blanco & Negro 23,517 photos, 1,523 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 626,629 photos, 17,291 members
- The Pritzker Architecture Prize on Flickr (Post 1 - Award 4) 111,417 photos, 13,332 members
- Protests and Demonstrations 71,634 photos, 4,312 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 122,214 photos, 10,002 members
- Life of a Kitchen 35,277 photos, 3,560 members
- Los Angeles 191,511 photos, 10,071 members
manmadepants doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- January 2007
- Athens, PA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Second Helping's - Sketch Comedy