Girlie and Mr. Pants (Husbear) left Austin, TX in March of 2011 with plans to take a 14-month trip around the world, yikes.
I started this photostream when we were living in Austin in 2005. Since then, we've spent a year in Italy and taken the long way back through Hong Kong, Thailand, and Vietnam. Check our archives for international fun.
We're a Yankee/Southern match, with Girlie having been born and raised in Chicago, and Husbear's roots being more of the Louisiana and South Carolina variety.
Husbear is the photographer and chef, and Girlie is the photo editor and Flickr updater.
Most of the pictures we have up here on Flickr are blogged on our blog, Boots in the Oven. Girlie is trying to be good about putting links to the actual posts under each picture, but we do have some posts on boots that are (gasp) photo-free!
Join our blog's facebook fan page here, to keep up with our big trip!
Boots in the Oven on Facebook
View Round the World with Boots in a larger map
Photos of Boots in the Oven (5)
- Slashfood 67,374 photos, 1,841 members
- Things iPhoto Thinks are Faces 215 photos, 202 members
- Piaceri del palato 38,502 photos, 2,569 members
- Life in North Shoal Creek 216 photos, 23 members
- Mr. Bento 6,623 photos, 1,838 members
- iPhoto Group 15,754 photos, 811 members
- ATX 4,705 photos, 536 members
- On the inside looking out 45 photos, 7 members
- HAHAHAHA***ALL ABOUT FUNNY SIGNS*** 8,509 photos, 1,475 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 69,246 photos, 3,737 members
- Comfort Food 55,073 photos, 885 members
- the Beet goes on: red, gold, white, chioggia 781 photos, 162 members
- Markets & Microentrepreneurs from around the World 1,953 photos, 216 members
- Foodista 89,383 photos, 1,853 members
- Wednesday Night Meal Club 434 photos, 92 members
- Café * Coffee Shop * Tea Room 4,535 photos, 142 members
- Fish Market 3,361 photos, 437 members
- Runny Egg Yolk 181 photos, 93 members
- The ultimate soup group 9,540 photos, 1,318 members
- A Country Called Texas 94,941 photos, 2,214 members
- The ways of taste. (Post 1 comment on 2). Spring contest 8,844 photos, 630 members
- Native Nutrition 4,535 photos, 342 members
- MediterrAsian Cooking 2,621 photos, 256 members
- FABULOUS FOODS (from around the world) NO LIMIT! 62,832 photos, 1,755 members
- Keep Austin Weird 12,590 photos, 808 members
- BBQ, Smoked and Campfire Cooking 17,951 photos, 1,851 members
- flickr Food Photographers 138,797 photos, 2,624 members
- Fruits et légumes 50,795 photos, 13,523 members
- Helpful Cats 754 photos, 82 members
- Fish dishes: delicious, delectable, luscious, and scrumptious 8,764 photos, 540 members
- Texas -The Lone Star State - Tejas - TX - All The Great Views 100,084 photos, 2,850 members
- Austin, Texas 6,494 photos, 306 members
- Texas 189,872 photos, 6,463 members
- Extraordinarily Ordinary(No animal, people or nature shots) 46,560 photos, 2,281 members
- Austinite 16,255 photos, 500 members
- things around your life 33,497 photos, 1,221 members
- FOOD!! 62,966 photos, 3,650 members
- Delicatessen food shops of the world 2,876 photos, 74 members
- Local is Beautiful - Growing & Eating Local Food 25,110 photos, 2,746 members
- Moment of...cuiZEN! The Transcending Culinary Experience 27,796 photos, 579 members
- Oysters 2,358 photos, 344 members
- + Eating + Drinking ( 吃 • 喝 ) 56,180 photos, 1,294 members
- Food Fiends Anonymous 1,197 photos, 242 members
- Not A Chain Restaurant, USA 8,947 photos, 393 members
- Viajar / Travel 123,219 photos, 2,289 members
- BACON 6,884 photos, 3,138 members
- Top 20 Dishes 18 photos, 390 members
- Vietnamese Cuisine 6,187 photos, 689 members
- Show Me Your Lunch! 13,233 photos, 618 members
- RESTAURANTS OF THE PLANET - RISTORANTI DEL PIANETA 2,967 photos, 298 members
"Great photos and utterly intelligent, witty and delicious travel adventures. "Boots in the Oven" is the couple you want to tag along with; you will eat well, learn some historical tidbits and enjoy loads of laughs along the way!"
October 8th, 2008
"Boots (boy & girl size) are so much fun to virtually travel with -- and I look forward to tagging along for many, many more miles ;-)"
January 5th, 2008
"I was surprised to find that bootsintheoven had no testimonials yet. They are a fine upstanding and creative couple !! (I am somewhat prejudice due to family ties ). Keep checking out their pictures of food and of the world. They take great shots ! Tra La.
December 29th, 2006
- August 2005
- Chicago, IL and elsewhere
- Austin, USA
- I am:
- Boots in the Oven