I am someone who has never taken an art class in my life but have stumbled upon making Book Art / Book Origami. I didn't think I had an artistic bone in my body and never thought of myself as creative. I have always wondered if it was possible to create words in the profile of a book.
I first started off doing simple letters, alternating pages for each fold but now I am doing more complex and intricate designs. I use simple math and an exacto knife, along with lots of time. It takes me anywhere from 3 days for the simpler styles to 2 weeks for the more complex styles. I have recently ventured into logos and symbols and would like to pursue this area more.
My inspiration comes from multiple things and places. I can browse the used book section for titles that stand out to me. For example the recycle symbol was created on a book titled "A World with out Trees".
I like to take a book that would otherwise end up in a landfill and turn it into art. Rarely do I use new books, unless I am commissioned to. I enjoy recycling and repurposing so it's a good feeling to know my art can contribute to reducing waste.
Feel free to visit my website, www.isaacgsalazar.com.
- Attractive, Alluring, Altered Books 312 photos, 66 members
- Book Art 15,258 photos, 1,126 members
- Fiber Art/Mixed Media Art 5,584 photos, 366 members
- Deepness in mixed media art 4,783 photos, 348 members
- Art Now 326,549 photos, 10,248 members
- Women in the Arts 35,722 photos, 1,840 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 743,278 photos, 14,856 members
Book Of Art doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Isaac Salazar
- October 2009
- El Paso, TX
- Artesia, NM, US
- I am:
- Isaac G. Salazar