I have always had a love for photography. It appeals to me because I get to see the world through someone else's eye. It amazes me how others see beauty in things I normally overlook.
Photography as a hobby took off when I got my first digital camera, Sony DSC P1. From there, my love for photography grew into a passion. I am lucky to have a good friend speedM to share this passion with. We really push each other and learn from each other.
My approach to my photography is I try to take more than a "pretty" picture. I try to give each image an emotional attachment to it. I don't want people looking at my pictures. I want them to stare at it, study it and feel attached to it. My hope is that my pictures touch them emotionally. Of course not all my pictures are meant to be that way but it's my general approach to my photography.
Canon 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS
Canon 50mm 1.4
Sigma 150mm 2.8 macro
Canon 100-300mm 4.5-5.6
Check out www.teality.com
My claim to fame (so far!):
Photos of bokchoyboy (12)
- Vintage Kodachrome 12,142 photos, 716 members
- Glass Key Photo 261 photos, 28 members
- Polaroid 303,570 photos, 32,071 members
- Another Flower Macro Group 17,503 photos, 618 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 25,246 photos, 1,617 members
- B&W Pinhole Photography 23,878 photos, 1,908 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 45,034 photos, 4,200 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 4,324 photos, 599 members
- Polaroid Land Camera 53,701 photos, 5,735 members
- Ingmar Bergman's 63rd Film 8,976 photos, 829 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,167 photos, 1,595 members
- *Swoon 43,955 photos, 1,580 members
- minimal art [no people no life] post / comment / invite 103,650 photos, 5,554 members
- Iron Cupcake: San Francisco Challenge 149 photos, 91 members
- 7x7 Magazine - SF Neighborhoods - Get Published! 23,763 photos, 727 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,745 photos, 1,296 members
- City College San Francisco Photography 39 photos, 20 members
- Homemade Pinhole 30,544 photos, 2,803 members
- wendy + victor 32 photos, 21 members
- ♥ happiness is... ♥ 291 photos, 166 members
- Classic Moments, the Book 91 photos, 83 members
- a view from above/bird's eye view 1,296 photos, 191 members
- 'Roid Week 2008 2,549 photos, 835 members
- SX-70 23,557 photos, 1,582 members
- Polaroid SX 70 110,908 photos, 16,476 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 618,434 photos, 47,049 members
- Beautiful Iceland 76,444 photos, 3,367 members
- World's Best Dazzling Shots.(Invited only, post 1/comment 3) 26,384 photos, 8,522 members
- #1 GOLD WILDLIFE/ Post 1 - Award 2 (P2-A4) with AWARD CODE! 139,577 photos, 8,408 members
- Photographic Art Legacy - ADMIN INVITE only! 20,327 photos, 5,500 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 542,042 photos, 28,743 members
- Folding medium format cameras 27,643 photos, 1,709 members
- Colour Art Awards -=Post 1, Award 3=- (Colours ONLY) 457,425 photos, 27,303 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 284,487 photos, 41,781 members
- - The EYE (Invite Only) 411 photos, 560 members
- Eye for Composition - Post 1, Comment 2, Invite 1 2,693 photos, 1,651 members
- S.F NIGHT SHOTS 2,407 photos, 116 members
- Macro Awards (Invite Only!) 42,564 photos, 11,309 members
- I deleted my JPG Magazine account 112 photos, 122 members
- JPG Club 3,368 photos, 235 members
- Beautiful Earth 911,453 photos, 19,845 members
- Tagged Out - The Graduates of "Let's Play Tag" 10,160 photos, 428 members
- Dream beaches of the world 18,183 photos, 1,884 members
- Let's Play Tag (You're It) (rules change: tag at least two) 10 photos, 1,381 members
- Nocturnes 35,362 photos, 1,373 members
- * Magical Worlds * Comment per Post Required! 72,124 photos, 3,770 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 287,242 photos, 40,620 members
- Long Exposure 838,392 photos, 67,478 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 518,369 photos, 40,759 members
- Through the Viewfinder 59,432 photos, 7,035 members
"i am always amazed by gordon's photos. they are each always so awe-inspiring. plus, he's a really great person, too! double high-fives for you, my friend! ;)"
April 10th, 2007
"his work is wonderful...capture the best moment..
and always make me hungry too.. all those yummy shot..
always look to see for more...
thanks Bok choy"
July 20th, 2006
chocolate monster mel says:
"He is another reason for me to go on a trip to SF and soon.
bokchoyboy's unique style shines in all of his photos, but most of all in his Flowers set -- his creativity with the shots make you go "hmmm." (in a good way ;))"
February 19th, 2006
We never ever met in person. However, I am addicted to visit his site, whenever I have sometime.
I can vow that Gordon is a Superb Digital Imagineer, His images are varies
& excellent in Color; Contrast; Composition, & most important is his creativity.
I appreciate your support & carrying & sharing to the web community.
Many Thanks My Friend....."
February 10th, 2006
"i've been admiring gordon's work for a while now. then i clicked on his profile and i see that it's the same gordon i knew and went to college with...15 years ago! what a small world.
anyways, gordon's photostream is just amazing. his pictures of food, places, people, pets, macros, etc...all good stuff."
January 5th, 2006
Lida Rose says:
"Whatever Gordon photographs becomes interesting. Whether it is different, unusual vegetables, the people and scenery of Malaysia, or people and sights in his everyday life, and everything else, the photos are wonderful.
Gordon keep it up! I hope to enjoy your creative work for a long time."
November 21st, 2005
"Not only is Bokchoyboy a HUGELY gifted photographer as evident in his photographs, but he also has a wonderfully unique *vision* of his subjects as well! His pictures always surprise me in the most delightful way! Have you seen his veggies series? They're endlessly entertaining! :OP And the icing on the cake is ... BCB's one of the nicest Flickr friends I know! :O)
Btw, Gordon, if you're reading this ... I'm still waiting for my basket of baby bokchoy! :OP"
October 20th, 2005
"I have known Gordon (aka bokchoyboy) for about 15 years now. I consider him to be one of my best friends. We've always shared similar interests, of course one of them being photography. He's probably somewhat responsible for getting me more interested, since our old b&w film days :P We've both developed and nutured our interest in photography over the years, and I've learned so much about him and myself through this. Many times he has opened my eyes to a different point of view, an alternative way of interpreting subjects and surroundings. We often shoot together, and I'm always amazed at how differently (or similar) we can interpret the same subject. He has a great artistic eye, a passion for all things creative, and loves to share his talent with the people around him. Always generous in many ways, I consider myself lucky to be his friend. =)"
September 1st, 2005
- Gordon Szeto
- June 2005
- San Francisco
- San Francisco, US
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Bok Choy Boy Blog